Nekojia
I've fallen and I can't get up!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:11 PM

The events of The Passing has left both groups of survivors feeling cautious to venture out into the post-apocalyptic wasteland with so few people. After much discussion, they decide to stick together, armed only with their knowledge, their experience, and of course, all the weapons they can scrap together. But is having a larger group really an advantage, or are there just more targets for the zombies to feast on? Only time will tell.

Characters:

Zoey

NOT PLAYABLE/TAKEN
Played by: Nekojia

Nick

NOT PLAYABLE/TAKEN
Played by: Foamy

Ellis

PLAYABLE. Please send a PM to me if you are interested.

Rochelle

Coach

Francis

Louis

Bill will not be a playable character at any time because of his death prior to The Passing.

Rules:

- NO godmodding! All L4D/L4D2 characters are equally matched in skill, there is no need to make them invincible.

- Keep it PG-13! This includes gore. I'd rather not get banned from menewsha, so let's try not to go into explicit detail of wounds and such. Please refer to the official mene roleplaying guidelines if you're not sure if something is PG-13 worthy.

- Don't speak for other peoples' characters! This is a common RP rule, and I expect that there will be no problems with anyone regarding it.

- Do not abandon your role! If you are going to be gone for a long period of time, please let us know.

- No one-sentence posts! This can be overlooked every once in a while, but please try to come up with something that we can respond to!

I think that about covers it. Remember, have fun and play nice! :)

Foamy

Old 06-11-2012, 12:42 AM

They'd made it to the safe room. All seven of them. Somehow.

For whatever reason, things had been picking up pretty heavily with the infected. In a nutshell, it was a 'shit just got real' type of scenario. Four Tanks at a time? That was just insane... It had left his group and another group really no choice but to team up and join forces. More men meant a higher survival rate, simple as that. And as the snide survivalistic asshole that he was, survival was something Nick was more than happy to strive for.

But after so much time fighting side-by-side with his group- with Coach, Ellis, and Rochelle- a part of him really did want to strive for their survival too. In all honesty, the skeptical conman didn't completely trust this new group now with them. The three newcomers. This was their first safe room night together and he had to say, it was a little tiny bit cramped. Sure they'd helped them out back there, but what's to say they weren't a group of freakin' psychopaths, huh?

In any case, it was the reason Nick remained up while the rest of his group laid sound asleep. Protecting his fellow Louisiana survivors? Oh, don't be so goddamn sentimental. He just wanted to make sure nobody stabbed him in the face while he was busy snoring away.

He sat in a chair at the top of the safe room, looking out the barred, red door window for any signs of movement, sniper rifle sitting lazily in his lap. He let out a yawn, sleep trying to creep up on him. But he continued to force himself awake. He swore... next time it was Ellis' turn to stay up all hours of the night keeping watch. This sucked some pretty heavy ass.

(( Top of the safe room meaning one of those two-story safe-rooms, yea? Y'know, with the ladders and all. ))

Last edited by Foamy; 06-11-2012 at 12:58 AM..

Nekojia

Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 AM

The sound of something being shuffled around on the floor above her grabbed her attention, disrupting her slumber. Zoey slowly stretched out her achy limbs as she sat up from her sleeping bag, almost forgetting that today wasn't going to be just another normal day. She took a quick glance around the room, seeing if anyone else had woken up yet. Honestly, though, after what had happened at the bridge, she assumed the others would want to sleep in longer than usual. Well, longer than usual for her group. She had no idea what time the other four survivors woke up in the morning. In fact, she didn't know very much about these new members at all. She just hoped they were good at taking care of themselves.

Attempting to be quiet, Zoey stepped out of the sleeping bag and rolled it up, placing it in an unused corner of the room. After taking another look at her sleeping teammates, she noticed one was missing. The man with the disgusting white suit. Seriously, when was the last time he had washed that thing? Ugh.

For a moment, she started to panic. What if he had decided that grouping together was a bad idea, and had left without saying anything? Or worse, what if he had gotten himself killed? Another quick shuffling noise from the attic upstairs brushed away any of her suspicions. He was safe. But just to make sure...

She made her way up the ladder, hoping not to startle the man. "Hey, dude." whispered Zoey, studying the sharp dresser's posture. "I don't think we really got a chance to introduce ourselves. I'm Zoey." She said, holding out a hand for him to shake.

Foamy

Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 AM

He was so out of it he'd completely missed the sound of someone coming up the ladder, instead letting out another tired yawn. How late was it now? 4am? Almost 5? Only when he heard a "Hey, dude" did he almost do a back-flip out of his chair. The startled ex-conman sputtered a bit before looking behind him to see a girl's head pop up from the ladder. Damn kid almost gave him a heart attack! He was getting too old for this shit...

"Well hey there, buttercup." He greeted back as she made her way off the ladder and onto on the second floor to extend a hand to him. He looked at it for a moment before giving a humored grin and taking it. "Nick." He formally introduced in return before retracting his hand, now propping his arm up lazily over the backrest of the chair, rifle in his lap, and humored grin still in-tact from the unexpected nightly visit. "Let me guess. Couldn't sleep through Coach's excessively loud snoring."

Nekojia

Old 06-11-2012, 03:10 AM

Zoey scowled a bit when Nick called her 'buttercup', but quickly shook it off. Better to make new friends than new enemies, she thought. "Coach. That's the big guy, I assume?" She asked, trying to keep her voice as low as possible. She didn't want to wake the others. "Yeah, he's got a pretty bad snoring problem." She chuckled. "Actually, you woke me up moving around that chair. Thanks for that, by the way." She answered, pointing to the chair that the man was now leaning on.

A couple of soft groans alerted Zoey, making her look through the bars of the safe room door to make sure there were no zombies nearby. Two of them wandered aimlessly, and she ducked, hoping they hadn't seen her. "You've been keeping watch up here, right? How long have they been there?" She whispered cautiously to Nick, taking another quick glance out of the door.

She shuddered. Memories of Bill's death and other previous hardships flashed in her eyes. What would happen if one of those things actually came into the room? Usually taking on one or two of them wasn't hard, but if they alerted a hoard...that was a whole other story.