poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangsterGlam View Post
Socks! *rolls out to check this out*

It seems very serious in here right now. o.o Too sleepy to read such seriousness.
Nah, that's just me and my typical "killing the vibes" nature >_>.

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 AM

I've been really well! I've been busy with college, but hopefully this event will encourage me to spend more time on Menewsha. :)

And I did have an interesting costume! I was Totoro, and my two other friends were Mei and the Catbus! :hug: Hope you had a good Halloween.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
That's okay - I don't know if I'm able to continue the discussion myself. xD No disrespect to the topic intended. Tedious jobs like this make me @___@;

----------

No worries, Poet. :) Thanks for helping me understand your issue better.
:hug:

Knowing that my interest is taken to consideration definitely makes it easier to stay, though.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
Nah, that's just me and my typical "killing the vibes" nature >_>.
your not killing the vibes.. i actually find this conversation interesting. cause personally I rp males who DO wear female attire.. and itd be interesting to make an avatar like some of them 'shakes head' i never did understand why men could wear female clothes and stuff.. then agian i seem to be the total opposite of my family where i think everyone shoudl be able to do everything no 'this is male this is female' bull. kinda like the old 'a women belongs in the kitchen a man belongs in the work place' bull that's been abolished or at least is BEING abolished. there are still occasional problems on that to..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 AM

rrar! these NPCs are mocking me...I just got a tree farting at me.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 11-02-2011, 07:02 AM

A tree? o.o

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 11-02-2011, 07:04 AM

... heck i had to take candy from someoens costumes back end 'blinks'

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
your not killing the vibes.. i actually find this conversation interesting. cause personally I rp males who DO wear female attire.. and itd be interesting to make an avatar like some of them 'shakes head' i never did understand why men could wear female clothes and stuff.. then agian i seem to be the total opposite of my family where i think everyone shoudl be able to do everything no 'this is male this is female' bull. kinda like the old 'a women belongs in the kitchen a man belongs in the work place' bull that's been abolished or at least is BEING abolished. there are still occasional problems on that to..
If you couldn't tell I do consider myself to be a feminist and find many male-female exclusive practices to be rather absurd, especially when looking at the larger picture of our culture and history. However I do believe that it is all right for tasks, for instance in a community, to be delegated as male or female, just as a way to divide, HOWEVER it should never be set in stone, and certainly should not cause people to question their value or anything of the sort.

Being a knitter, also I find that the contributions men make to the craft are uniquely masculine yet useful and as in any other thing it benefits from both male and female contributions. Also interesting to note that pre-Victorian, pre-industrial revolution(s), it was traditionally the men who would knit, sailors and such, while women were spinners.

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:08 AM

But that's not EVEN counting the event rares that are set to come out tomorrow and everyday up until the final day of the event!
D ':

I'm not putting much of a dent in that daunting number.
I'm only at about nine candies.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground View Post
If you couldn't tell I do consider myself to be a feminist and find many male-female exclusive practices to be rather absurd, especially when looking at the larger picture of our culture and history. However I do believe that it is all right for tasks, for instance in a community, to be delegated as male or female, just as a way to divide, HOWEVER it should never be set in stone, and certainly should not cause people to question their value or anything of the sort.

Being a knitter, also I find that the contributions men make to the craft are uniquely masculine yet useful and as in any other thing it benefits from both male and female contributions. Also interesting to note that pre-Victorian, pre-industrial revolution(s), it was traditionally the men who would knit, sailors and such, while women were spinners.
Huh Never knew that..
I'm more in a live and let live type of mind set. if someone wants to do something they shouldn't be stoped just because they have overys or testy's. then again im an odd bird 'shrugs'. and often believe I've been born in the wrong time 'shrugs' then agian i doubt I'd make it in any time BUT this one as im not exactly bright upstairs. sure i can sometimes understand things but a lot of things most people take for granted i don't exactly get.. 'shrugs' so if i sometimes seem confused on something your saying and don't get it its not your explination that might not be geting through jsu tmy mind not comprehending it. but you know.. never knew men where Knitters and i woudln't know how to spin a thread if my life depended on it 'makeds face' im not a mending sewing type i can do a crude patch up on my clothes but that's about it.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 AM

Thus why I have to get as much as possible. >.>; The first few days I do a bunch, then the final days, I slack off a little. XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 AM

I can't sew well at all, however I do love knitting. Spinning is surprisingly easy. And no, I do not have the money for a several-hundred dollar spinning wheel; I did not even buy a spindle, I made one out of cardboard and a wooden dowel.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:11 AM

Ohhh looks like it's buzzing here. :) I should be up a little bit longer. Hopefully I can come join?

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:11 AM

'blinks' what you'd call easy.. i'd probably call a death trap for me lol. i can barely play with a yo yo.. 'shakes head' hand eye cordination problems.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweres View Post
I've been really well! I've been busy with college, but hopefully this event will encourage me to spend more time on Menewsha. :)

And I did have an interesting costume! I was Totoro, and my two other friends were Mei and the Catbus! :hug: Hope you had a good Halloween.
Zweres: I hope so. xD I'm hoping for the same thing myself. That's why I signed up for Assassin, so I'd be punished for not showing up. :B

Ieee - that sounds cute! I hope you have photos you feel comfortable sharing. I know you don't like sharing photos, so I'm hoping the costumes are covered enough you wouldn't mind showing some of the staff. xD

@ Anyone else, sorry! Got distracted by taking the dog out, need to catch up to what's been posted while I was gone.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 AM

*hides the yo-yo's*

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM

Didn't miss much TK and man i gotta get hte nightmare tome >_> as well as daydreams.. but that's a loooong way off.. 'blinks' haha.. you can play wiht your yo yo Hummy.. 'snags and puts in hummy's hand'
got all the skrits, and the sleves.. and shoes..and neck things.. hmm cna't wait to see the socks and tops haha.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM

TK? o.o Where? XD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
'blinks' what you'd call easy.. i'd probably call a death trap for me lol. i can barely play with a yo yo.. 'shakes head' hand eye cordination problems.
Well, as long as there is enough twist to hold it together the thing is that it can be any kind of texture or whatever as that adds interest.

Personally all that I ahve actually spun is actually long strips of plastic from plastic bags, and it has an interesting effect on the "plarn". This is easier than typical spinning as it does not require drafting fibers.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 AM

I might have to get to bed now. x.x;
Head's hurting. D: And class tomorrow. Yaaaay. not.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 AM

i meant CK 'shakes head' sorry.....
Poet: huh interesting..>_> someone bought somehing from my store.. i now has monies to get more iems.. im happy..

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 AM

omgosh.. Yan's a person you can trick or treat from!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 AM

I'm like that too. given my current status I don't think I'll be making it to half my goal. >.<

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Gun View Post
But that's not EVEN counting the event rares that are set to come out tomorrow and everyday up until the final day of the event!
D ':

I'm not putting much of a dent in that daunting number.
I'm only at about nine candies.
I like the event rares because they are more special xD. the other shop items can be bought a later date. You pay more, but they will still be tehre so I am never *too* concerned about those.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

'blinks' huh? 'is confused' who's Yan... ohhh the doll