M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 AM

Westworld is a new tv show from HBO based on the book by Michael Crichton (author of Jurassic Park) and movie of the same name.

Here is the teaser trailer in case you have not heard of it:

If I had to put it under a single genre it would be sci-fi because it deals with artificial intelligence. The theme park mimics the wild west, so due to that fact it is also a western. Plus I would also call it a drama because it's dramatic, lol

So far only two episodes have come out, out of a ten episode season. I have watched both of them and expect high things from this series! I don't know if it will be as good as Game of Thrones, but I think it will be close!

Personally I love shows that dive into artificial intelligence. Especially exploring ideas like what it means to be human, and what is the difference between humans and A.I. if the A.I. is extremely human-like. I also like it when the A.I. malfunctions or something goes wrong.
This show kind of reminds me of Battlestar Galactica because of the A.I. in it. I've only watched two seasons of that show so far but I will finish it eventually.

Questions to spur discussion (hopefully)

What are your first impressions of Westworld?

Did you read the book and/or watch the original movie? How does this show compare to them?

What attracted you to Westworld?

Which side of Westworld do you like more? The western-style theme park or the futuristic control center?
I personally enjoy the scenes that take place in the control center more because I am more interested in the A.I. side of the show.

What shows, movies, and/or books does Westworld remind you of?