*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 PM

The only issue I have with it is the fact that people 14+ who want to partake in the 18+ roleplays aren't allowed unless giving a fake age which really takes the fun out of stuff. Therefore, I'm not really that fond of the site. I'll just use IMs or e-mail. =\

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 AM

CK: ohh I see... once you get back you gonna post on mene more? :poke:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lai-lai_CHING View Post
The only issue I have with it is the fact that people 14+ who want to partake in the 18+ roleplays aren't allowed unless giving a fake age which really takes the fun out of stuff. Therefore, I'm not really that fond of the site. I'll just use IMs or e-mail. =\
Lai-lai_CHING: Well, there is a reason that only adults ought to roleplay adult games, you know. Legally speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
CK: ohh I see... once you get back you gonna post on mene more? :poke:
The Wandering Poet: More often, sure. :)

*Electric*Rainbow*
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Yeah but what with kids not exactly following the law anyways... It's kinda a wonder they still have it. XD

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 10-05-2011, 01:10 PM

I just want to say thank you for having this thread up. It's be most useful and it's really helped get some creative juices following (being on an adult site with a differing layout helped to open some doors that I never would have thought of opening). As always, all hail the mighty Insomniac and his awesome creations. I definitely like the atmosphere of WTFRPG and I thank you for crafting such a fine piece of code and all that other wonderful technical stuff that goes into making a site.

Kriemedesan
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2012, 10:25 PM

Are you sure explicit is okay? With registering it states:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of WTF Roleplaying Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of WTF Roleplaying Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of WTF Roleplaying Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

I like that you can put Adult without actually having to have adult content or anything else. I use all sorts of persons including vulgar and whatnot, because I like to play different types, but I also do not want to break the rules of the site.

----------

Wanted to ask, too, "How do I view roleplays on there or is it hidden from non-participants?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriemedesan View Post
Are you sure explicit is okay? With registering it states:

----------Wanted to ask, too, "How do I view roleplays on there or is it hidden from non-participants?"
Kriemedesan: Explicit is okay so long as it is 100% in the adult sections. Depending on how explicit it is, you need to use NSFW (not safe for work) tags, which will help those of us who don't want to see that kind of detail avoid it.

WTF has adult discussion sections, adult roleplay sections, and adult OOC sections. This keeps all the could-be-too-mature-for-a-young-audience stuff out of the reach.

I think the best way to look at WTF is to relate it to the movie scale. Overall, it's PG-13. In the adult sections, it's R. And in the adult sections, you can have higher so long as you label it NSFW. And you don't have to roleplay R in the adult sections. You can keep it PG-13. The adult section is just a place to "cover your butt," should you fear that you might go over the PG-13 scale.

---

As far as viewing games goes, you can see them by going to the roleplay tab across the top. You can sort by newest to most active, etc.

You can view any non-adult roleplay without joining. You have to sign up to see the adult stuff. And, depending on the roleplay, the GMs and players might have keys, which can lock people out and prevent them from seeing posts. This feature allows GMs and players to keep secret content secret and it's super useful.

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Electric*Rainbow* View Post
Yeah but what with kids not exactly following the law anyways... It's kinda a wonder they still have it. XD
*Electric*Rainbow*:
There are a ton of awesome games that aren't adult rated. And some of the GMs are willing to ton their story down for the sake of younger members. I've done it. ^^ So don't feel like you're "missing out" because you're not old enough. You can still find RPs and you don't have to lie about your age to find a decent story or partner :)

//omg, I totally didn't look at the dates. T_____T I didn't realize I was a year late. Sowwy. .____.

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-09-2013 at 09:25 PM..