Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 07-02-2014, 05:45 PM

"Ha, yeah. Storms are strangely calming," he slid into the conversation quickly. Bez did have to admit that it was odd, but he didn't really mind. Plenty of people saw him run in the rain, day or night. He was actually a tad shocked that this woman hadn't seen him before. Then, again, why would she care. Or rather, why should it bother him.

Blinking at her next series of words, Bez found himself furrowing a brow. Something was off, very off.

"I thought you said you were called here to fix something?" His accusing eyes now fell on the man who was still recovering from the trip. Taking a few strides back, Bez relaxed his brows so that he didn't scare the kid.

"Hey Jack," he gave a light wave. He met the boy once or twice. One time he kicked a ball over the fence and Bez, being the sweet man he was (more like show off), he kicked it right back. "Do you want to hold this." Gingerly handing off his phone, he smiled down at the boy. "Figured you would want to be he one shin- hey, don't blind me." Throwing his hands out like a zombie, Bez made a silly noise. It was a mix between a squak and a chirp. Was he trying to be a bat? If so, he failed.

Hands now on his hips, he looked at the woman who was still protecting the kid. "Do you know if this place has a generator?" It was pretty clear that the other guy wasn't really looking to get the power back on so Bez figured he might as well try to ease the tension in the air. "I'm no handyman, but I've a degree in engineering. Should be able to figure out what tripped the circuit and fix it."

He was still soaked and now that he was inside, it was becoming clear that he was looking pretty matted and mangled. Rubbing his nose, he shook his head, casting off some water much like a dog does.

There was still eerie silence and awkwardness about the quartet. "Erm, or if you prefer, I can leave."

The scrap on his leg was something he manged to forget about completely. Only, now that Jack had the light, the bright glow that fought back the shadows now fell on his nicked up knee. Though the blood wasn't overkill, the rain and mud certainly made it look worse than it was.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-09-2014, 06:58 PM

((Sorry everyone! Depression is kicking my butt lately. Hopefully I'm coming out of this one!))

Drake believed that Raina hadn't been snooping purposely. When she looked away from him, he sneaked a glance at his bench. Had she come across what he had there? "You're welcome," he finally said. "I just did what anyone should do. I don't see why no one else would have cared though. Are the people of this town so inconsiderate, Raina?"

She might wonder how he'd known he name, considering she'd never given it. He directed her to the couch where he sat, grabbing a piece of toast. He was hungry, too. The storm still raged outside, and it was far from breakfast. But who didn't love breakfast, at any time of the day?

"How's your head?" he asked, golden-hazel eyes never leaving hers. His stare, to some, may have seemed somewhat empty, or cold. But to anyone else, his demeanor and personality, not to mention good looks, would make up for that.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 07-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Although he saw dark form moving towards him, he had no time to brace himself for the incoming impact and was sent flying to the floor. With rather nasty thud, his head hit floor, but it'd be fine, other than eventual headache (thank the interior designer that had decided to place fluffy carpet here!). Heck, head probably wouldn't be only place hurting, especially when the form on top of Alec began kneeing and pushing. Still a little breathless, the man grunted and tried to move away from offender himself, but didn't touch her, probably not wanting to scare or hurt her even further.

When Bez turned on flashlight, he shielded his eyes momentarily and then scrambled to his feet, his first words expressing worry clearly in tone. "Are you alright? Nothing hurt from fall?" He took in the small woman before him that so protectively held Jackson and couldn't help the bewildered question: "Who are you?", probably spoken at the same time as she asked that of him. But Alec quickly composed himself - he had to save what little could be saved still. If there was anything at all. Oh, Cheryl had decided to be indeed very cruel tonight, no doubt she had known Weyrs weren't home and he'd have to dish out extra thick sauce of lies.

"My name's Alec Hall, I work as handyman on the side," at this, he leaned down to be more on the same face level as Jackson and smiled, kindly, at the boy. "Jackson, sorry I spooked you and your lady arriving here, but your parents were worried about section of the roof." The kid would no doubt recognize him, unless lack of light and fear would decide to play against Alec. Hopefully, boy would confirm his identity. He straightened up and turned his attention back to young woman.

"The storm hit so strongly and unexpectedly and..." the man desperately tried to remember what he had said to Bez when the two met. Had he mentioned a call or just that there was emergency? God, he was really out of the lying game right now. "And I thought that there might be an emergency. When no one responded to gates nor I could reach Weyrs, I thought I had to see what was going on. And Bez did run into me, literally." He laughed a little, but it was forced.

At this moment, Bez mentioned generator and he nodded. "Yeah, right, the generator. I know where it is," he turned in the direction of the path where said thing was. Beside the thunderstorm raging outside, the house itself was now eerily quiet. Hopefully, the woman (he had guessed it was Jackson's babysitter by now, would explain why Weyrs didn't answer phone - they were probably on a nice date somewhere) wouldn't throw them out. He still did have to find Cheryl, somehow. Or maybe she had already left. No... She was observing the group, certainly. Enjoying the mess she had made and how he made it even bigger.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-11-2014, 07:35 PM

The one who called himself Bez, also called Jackson by name, and was handing his phone off to the boy. With glimpses of the pair in the light as they spoke, Erin decided to believe them, especially since they both seemed to know Jackson, and he seemed to like them. He even seemed less scared with the pair here.

"I'm okay, thanks," she said to the one calling himself Alec. She wasn't rushing anyone out, and that was a good sign. Mostly, she was a little scared after everything that had happened, and was glad to have other people here. "Oh, well I'm Jackson's babysitter. I'm Erin Jay McDobb."

Most people wouldn't state their middle name, but Erin always did. She hardly recognized it as a middle name at all, but more of an extension of her first name. Her parents had always called her Erin Jay. Her best friends even called her EJ. As far as she was really concerned, she didn't have a middle name.

"I just moved here," she said, explaining why they may not have ever seen her around before. Jackson was already following along behind Alec as he headed for the generator, and she followed behind him, not chancing a fall by glancing over her shoulder to see if Bez was following.

She furrowed her brow. "They were worried?" she asked. "But, they would have called me...", she mumbled, trying to make sense of that. And of course they would. Who would send someone over with a baby sitter, without letting the baby sitter know to expect someone?

By now, they'd have to know that Erin didn't actually call the police, since of course, no police had arrived. Not to mention, the power was out, and she clearly wasn't carrying a cell phone. As they neared the kitchen, Erin broke off from the group. "Go ahead," she said, "I'm just going to grab some matches or a candle or something for more light to help you work, Bez."

She was glad they'd come, for whatever reason they had, because Jackson seemed much less scared with them here. And, if they could get the power back on, that was a real plus. Besides, Erin didn't really feel all that comfortable here by herself either.

She watched the light from the cell phone disappear around the next corner, and felt her way down the counter. She opened up a drawer and felt her way through it. Nothing felt like a lighter, or a box of matches, just other miscellaneous object. Maybe a wine bottle opener, a pack of sticky notes, some chip clips, a pair of scissors...

Erin continued through two more drawers before finally finding a tiny box. She shook it and heard the sound of the little wooden matches rattling around inside. Awesome! She pushed the box open with her finger and fished a match out, striking it against the side of the box. Then she'd look for a candle.

But, the match didn't light. She tried again, and then once more. She was really bad at this. After a moment, Erin stopped. Was that the sound of breathing? It wasn't her breathing. "Who came back?" she asked. But no one responded. She struck the match again. Nothing. "Jackson? Alec? Bez?" Still no response.

She could feel it now, on the back of her neck, and it made her skin crawl. Instantly she moved away, and with her hands out, felt her way out of the kitchen and into the hall. She put her back to it and realized she was breathing hard, a little panicked. There was definitely someone or something else in this house besides the four of them.

Erin looked in every direction, just as lightning lit the area. Which way had they all gone? She knew the general direction. Erin tried to strike the match again, and finally it lit. This would just have to do. And hopefully it would at least make her down the hall before going out.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 07-14-2014, 11:06 PM

Raina furrowed her brow as she never told him what her name was. How in the world did he know? Raina subconsciously looked around for her things but didn't see it anywhere. Maybe that's how he found out, but what was he doing snooping around in her things? Raina questioned herself relentlessly to try and figure it out but he finally told he she was welcomed for the help she received. "You don't know this town if you think many are considerate."

Raina peered over to the couch where he took a seat, and picked up some toast. Should she eat the food or not. But has he really given her a reason to not trust him yet? Raina though for a few seconds before joining him. His stare was making her slightly uncomfortable, his eyes seemed cold. She wouldn't have caught that if he wasn't staring at her the way he did. "My head?" She gingerly reached up and touch her head. "It hurts but.. it'll get better." Raina picked up a piece of toast, and the knife and began to butter up her toast as she snuck a side ways glance over at Drake.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 07-31-2014, 12:50 PM

Bez kept to the back of the group to keep a wary eye on the group. He had to admit that something still seemed odd. If Erin Jay was the babysitter, why didn't she knew about the other guy? Was her phone dead? He glanced over the woman and noted that it didn't look like she even had a phone on her. Maybe she left it somewhere and didn't find it when the lights went out? Shrugging, he stopped when the female in their group decided she wanted to seek out matches. He would have stayed but apparently Jackson liked the idea of having Bez around for he kept turning around to shine in the light on the raven.

"Okay, okay, you win. I'll come with you guys."
Bez turned to talk to Erin but she seemed to vanish in the dark. No point in talking, he mused. Maybe she didn't like the idea of having told, older males around? He could certainly understand why. He, too, would be creeped out if he were female.

Down the hall they went and at some point Bez stopped walking. He wasn't sure why. Perhaps it was something he heard? It sounded like a little laugh? A girl's laugh. Brows knitting together, he didn't moved from his spot and eventually became consumed by the darkness. Jackson was with Alec now and he was alone.

Stepping backwards, he tried to wander back toward the kitchen to pick-up Erin Jay but found himself frozen by whatever laugh he kept hearing. "Erin Jay?" He finally decided he needed to talk to the laughter. "Is that you?" When he was met with a silence, a grimace took over his face. "Erin, it's not funny...."