Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 04-04-2019, 12:22 AM

Looking out the window of the shop Raziel sighed and sipped at the cup of tea. It was just the perfect combination of heat and flavor. The shop had been the best place to set up in this small town in the middle of the countryside. Everyone and their pets seemed to come to the book and news shop at least ones a week. His orders had been to come here and protect the Keystone to the upcoming dispute. Weather it was going to between heaven and Hell, human upon human or the finale battle between all the powers he had not been told but Gabriel had told him that it was important that this Keystone be protected till the time it was needed.

The feel of the paper under his fingers drew him back into the here and now, it lay open to the classified’s and the ad he had placed only a day ago. ‘Room for let. Clean and affordable. Located over local shops with quick access to public transit.’ Which was in a way correct. It was on the main road of town with the country bus stop only a short walk away. ‘ comes with a privet bathroom, common living room and kitchen, wifi and utilities included in rent. Quite roommate, no pets, only serious inquires.’ His name, shop address and number were listed at the bottom of the ad. It had cost him the last bit of his months allotment of funds to post but if he was to keep up his pretense of having come into money from his great aunt he was going to need the funds from some where. The higher ups never seemed to think about the food and taxes that humans had to pay when they set up the allotments for assignment’s.

Stepping out from behind the counter he sighed. Maybe it was time to as for a vacation, after this mission. The bell over the door chimed as he stepped outside to once again make sure that his sign was turned to show the shop was open and to look upon the name. Ziel’s News and books, not the most catching names but it was the best sign he could get in so short of time. Ziel Anghelescu was his name this run, and he had felt that Anghelescu was a bit of a mouthful for the locals hear about to swallow, so his Frist name was fine. Looking up and down the main road he smiled as the bus pulled up at the stop. The sound of an engine being gunned down the road caused him to raise an eyebrow, not many drove through here.

Last edited by Lunna Dea; 04-04-2019 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Misspellings

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Belzier grimaced as he looked up at the blue sky of Earth. He much preferred the darkness of night, or hell, or at least a cloudy day. Not that he hated earth, per se. It had its charm. The food and people and music and fashion all delighted him in a way that new things always did, but he didn't feel much interest in his mission. It just happened that a short, almost child-looking demon like him went undercover better than most. With his white hair parted at the side, the rest swept over one eye, it seemed like he should stand out. Even in his human form, his eyes looked red, though far less unnatural. He could write it off as contacts or just an unnatural hue of brown. Humans had eyes that color from time to time. And really, no one would question it in his punk outfit with the spiked belt and oversized black jacket. Humans also sometimes dressed like demons.

The biggest problem with missions on earth though, was settling in for the long-haul. He hated finding housing, magicking in supplies, and all without getting caught. He was stealthy, sure, but not infallible. He wasn't an incubi who could seduce his way into anyone's home, more a shadow spirit who could dwell in the abandoned buildings. No, his powers were...less straight forward than that. That was perhaps why he found himself using his mother's advice as he looked through the classifieds.

'Son, you never know what you'll find there. But without a doubt, it's a place that humans beg for help. Even your grandfather used it!'

It was mostly trash as he expected, the sort of jobs other demons would enjoy. However, his eyes stopped when he found a room for let ad. It was perhaps far too lucky, but Belzier didn't enjoy putting too much effort into these things. He opened a portal at the backside of a Chinese restaurant and used the hulking figure of a bus to block his exit. In seconds, he was at the advertisement's address, stepping around the bus as if he just exited it. He didn't know what sort of person this roommate would be, but he hoped that they were easy. That, and that this mission on earth would be short. Still, he forced on a smile as he stepped into the shop and called out a short greeting.

"Hello?"

Lunna Dea

Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 PM

Walking back into the shop Raziel neatened up a rack of post cards before walking towards the cash register. Stopping he turned and looked out the shop window as the point where his wings belonged itched. Something was out there that did not belong. “well if I am here, one of their party will be in the area as well.” He said with a sigh. Only times they really knew the others side was in the area was when they used their celestial powers. In their human guises they would not feel the others power, so he wondered why the other party would arrive in the town so openly. But then with the way humans dressed and acted this day and age he guessed the other side was hopping that they would blend in.

Shaking his head again he turned back to the register. Over a hundred or so years ago it would have been so much easier to tell one of that side from the people around here. Always dressing like the rich or the most nasty person around. Now humans had become so different that even the most nasty people did not look it. Why not ten years ago he had thought that he had found the agent of the other side only to find that it was a human and the demon was the business man dressed nicely and donating to a local charity.

The bell over the door chimed announcing another patron had arrived. His eyes scanned the young man standing at the door. He remained Raziel of the young men years ago that thought they were working for a Dark Lord but they were a laughing stalk. Albino by the look of his hair and eyes but his skin was not the pale that most albinos had. Pale enough to clearly like to spend his time indoors and at night.

Raziel smiled at his hello. “greetings how might I help you?” he had not seen this young man around before but then he was new to the area. Maybe he was acting out againted his confinement to such a small town. His family probably came out here to live where life was “simpler”. As simple as life could be if you were working the land or commuting into the big city nearby

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-05-2019, 08:17 PM

As he was greeted, Belzier flicked his eyes over the other man. He wasn't much to look at as far as Belzier was concerned. A bit ordinary perhaps? Though that wasn't a bad thing and the glasses made him pretty sure he talked to an ordinary human. Nothing supernatural would require such a thing after all. Probably. Then again, he wasn't well versed with angelic disguises.

Making sure his soft smile stayed in place, Belzier swiped his hair back from his eyes. "Oh...yes. I was just-" He cleared his throat, trying to search out better words. Or any words since he seemed to have trouble forming any right now. "I saw your ad in the papers and well, I haven't got anywhere to stay. I was hoping that if you hadn't already found someone, that we might be able to get along." Or at least save Belzier the effort of acquiring his own lodging. Honestly, he didn't understand why he had to do all the footwork himself. He was at his core, a very lazy demon. Didn't the demon lords understand that?

After another pause, he offered his hand for a shake. "I'm Belzier, by the way. Uhm...you can just call me Bel though, if that name sounds weird." It wasn't a human name after all and he should have thought about that. It almost caused a flush to paint his pale cheeks, but he held the sensation back. "You?"

Lunna Dea

Old 04-05-2019, 08:51 PM

As the young man before him started to speak Raziel took off his glasses and folded them. Clearly this young man was not used to speaking to strangers or was trying to hide nervesness. He smiled kindly to the young man encouragingly as he stumbled over his words. His eyebrow slowly rose as he mentioned that he was here for the ad. Did this young man think that he could hide here in this town from what ever was fallowing him. For that was one of the two things that he thought of for this young man, this Belzier to be doing here.

“you’re here for the room?” he gave him a questioning look. “I hope you are not running from your family and hoping to hide here.” If he was then Raziel would have to find a way to seek out the young mans family and find out why he was running. “ it will be about two hundred a month, I do not put up with smoking or drugs. I like to go to bed around ten though I do some times stay up a bit later with a good book.”

Stepping around the counter he took Belzier hand with a raised eyebrow. “did you pick that name out or did your parents name you that?” humans had been naming their kids some of the oddest names that they never should be using lately. A demonic name like that did seem to fit his look, maybe he had chosen it himself after seeing it in one of those dame books that the demons had been slipping into human book stores. “I am Ziel Anghelescu, owner of this shop and the apartment above

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-06-2019, 03:06 AM

A scowl dropped over Belzier's face before he could stop it. He knew he gave the image of youth to humans, but he didn't want to be talked down to either when he wasn't trying to use it to his advantage. Though maybe he should. Let this human believe whatever he wanted and maybe squeeze out an easier deal? Belzier carefully made his face neutral again.

"I'm old enough to take care of my self. This isn't about running away..." he frowned. Shoving both hands into his pockets, he shifted on his feet. "I just...have no where to stay." Which was true. He nodded along to what the other man said, already filing the rules away so he could make sure to not cause issues. It wouldn't do to pull unneeded attention to himself. He wasn't even sure what artifact he needed to look for and destroy yet. He just knew he'd know it when he got near.

Now that they were standing so close, Belzier felt even more out of place. He really should have thought out this plan more. "Uh. My parents named me? Isn't it cool? But Bel stands out less," he added with a shrug, then narrowed his eyes. "Isn't Ziel a strange name too. Anghelescu?" Why did that niggle at his brain?

Lunna Dea

Old 04-06-2019, 04:27 AM

Raziel watched the scowl flash acrossed his face only to disapper just as quickly as it had appered. What exactly had he been reacting to that made him upset or frustrated with Raziel, what ever it was he was going to have to find out what it was and work on it. It would be a bad thing to keep annoying the human room mate when he needed to have him here to help with his cover.

“I am sorry I ment no insult, I just have to make sure.” Sighing he grabbed his cup of tea as he thought about what he might mean that he had no where to stay. Was he homeless and without money or just on walk about before going off to uni? “am I understanding you correctly that you are on your own but are of legal age? On walk about before starting Uni?”

“some might say that Belzier is not that cool of a name, seeing as in some books it’s the name of a minor demon. But hay I have heard worse names come out of the maternity ward these days.” He smiled at the comment about how his name was a bit odd. “it’s a shorter form of my real name which my parents gave me thinking that I would grow into the name.” he snickered at the backstory he had created about his name. “once I was away from my parents I decided that I would just shorten it and no one would be the wiser of what they had thought I should be.” Walking to the front of the shop he flipped the sign saying they would be back in about fifteen minuets before returning to Bel. “which do you prefer Belzier or Bel?” he lead him back to a door set behind a book shelf.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2019, 01:30 AM

Belzier shrugged his shoulder. "Does it really matter what my story is? If I wanted to share it, I would have said it already," he added with a huff. Honestly, this guy was far too nosey for Belzier's shoddily thrown together cover. He didn't even like to talk about himself when not lying. It was just so...personal. Too much effort, and too much like making friends. Like Ziel said, his name was that of a minor demon. He wasn't exactly the sort to party it up on earth.

After another second of standing there tensely, he sighed and walked to a nearby table so he could lean against it, hands pressed into the smooth wood as he held up his weight. "Bel, please. And sorry. I know you mean well. I'm just used to keeping people at a distance. I promise that I won't get in your way if we do this roommate thing. I'm mostly out and night and sleep until noon. That kind of thing. Kinda have my own thing that I'm doing instead of school," he added with a quirk of his lips. Namely, searching for some godforsaken artifact that would hopefully become quite damned in his hands. Not that he really cared, but he got his jobs done. No entanglements and all that. Helped when his stints on earth were usually few and far between.

"So...we cool?" he asked again as he pushed off from the table to follow the other man.

Lunna Dea

Old 04-08-2019, 02:42 AM

“I only ask because I need to know that you are of legal age that you can enter into a contract as a room mate.” He tried not to let his amusement show, if this young man wanted to be left alone and not questioned then this small town was not the place he really would want to be. The local busy body was going to pry and push just to get something new to talk about. Maybe that was a bit of why he liked to be in small towns, he could always go to the local busy body and get all the information about every one. Big city’s you were not known by even the people that lived next door to you, in some cases even your room mates might not know anything about you.

“Then bel it is.” Raziel opened the door behind the bookshelf and held it open. “as long as your not to loud when you come back in and don’t have people over late we should be fine. Though I think you may want to use the back door to come and go late at night. The lady who runs the bike shop acrossed the way is in of the local busy bodies.” Leading Bel up the wooden stairs he unlocked the door at the top and stepped in so that Bel could see the living room and kitchen. There was no TV but shelves of books covered most of the walls. Some of them were century’s old. "Yes we are cool."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-09-2019, 06:05 PM

Belzier rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't have come if I wasn't of legal age. What is with people misinterpreting this face of mine..." he added in a mutter under his breath. He knew it had its uses, but honestly, it was annoying when every other human looked at hime like a frail child. He'd been living for hundred of years and his demon form could strike fear and awe with nothing more than a glance. Useless though, it was useless to fall into such thoughts.

"I'm actually twenty." Stepping past the door, Belzier made his way to the center of the room, looking around to memorize the layout. It could come in useful and even if he was lazy, it would save him trouble later if he could get along well with Ziel. "Books? Huh. It's a nice place." He turned back to the other man. "What do you mean by busy bodies though? Is that...a small town thing?" he managed to ask instead of a 'human thing.' The words had been on the tip of his tongue though, causing him to drop his gaze to the carpeting. "I figure I should know all these things since I don't wish to draw unnecessary attention to myself and all that..."

Lunna Dea

Old 04-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Nodding Raziel accepted that he was of legal age. As time had passed on the earth Raziel had adapted to how humans thought an adult should look so he had never had to deal with people questioning how old he was. He had heard from others that it sucked to look so young for many thing. Maybe this young man was trying to escape being judged by his face and that was why he was here. Raziel would have to keep that in mind so that he would not be rubbing him the wrong way.

Smiling Raziel watched him look over his small slice of heaven. “Books are one of my passions, and these are a some of the ones that I have acquired over the years that I felt I could not get rid of.” Sighing he smiled as Bel looked around the room. “yes it’s a small town thing. I am guessing you have lived in larger towns and city’s? Most small towns have at least one busy body that keeps tabs on every one and what they are up to. I think that is why those small town mystery novels are so popular.” Turning he lead Belzier down the hallway the ran parallel to the stairs. “ the rooms are back here. I have the room closer to the stairs but that is because its over the front of the shop.” The doors at the end of the hall were off set from each other with a third facing the hall. He opened that door Frist revealing a simple bathroom run up in pale blues.

“Shared bathroom but if your sleeping in then I can just use it into the morning and you can in the afternoon, I will be in the shop at that time.” He closed that door and opened the one on the right. The room beyond was cozy yet of a comfortable size. It had a small window seat that over looked a small garden. “ should be able to fit a bed, desk and anything eles you mighty need in here. If you want a TV I don’t mind I just never found the need for one.”

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 PM

A smile curved over Belzier's lips, small and quick, but real. "I haven't had much time for books, but the old ones look beautiful. People used to put so much art into them," he murmured, giving the bookcases one lingering look before he let Ziel give him a tour of the place. He couldn't imagine how a human came to collect so many rare and old books--humans had actually sold their souls before to own such things. True story. However, the rest of the rooms didn't stand out too bad, so he figured it wasn't a big deal. He liked the home as far as human dwelling went.

"This looks perfect. I should be able to move my things in tomorrow in the afternoon some time. I've still got a few things left to deal with since I haven't been in town long." He sighed again, just thinking about the logistics of reporting his location to his superiors, magicking together furniture and a wardrobe, and then actually moving in. It was such an effort, but at least he wouldn't need to do much to maintain his lifestyle once he settled in. Then he could focus on the real mission.

For just a second, he let his eyes glaze over as he stared out the window. Somewhere out there, a portal existed and he'd been tasked by the demon lords to possess it. The things the dark forces could do with it...he almost grinned, his eyes brightening to a deeper red just for a second. He tucked further into his coat though, sugaring on a sweet smile when he turned back to Ziel. "Anything else I should know before we make this official?"

Lunna Dea

Old 04-14-2019, 09:34 PM

Raziel watched as Bel looked over the books with a look he would almost call wishful, yet something about it was not. Did this human long to read his books that he had collected or was he just thinking about how much he could make off of them. He said something that Raziel did not catch but then if he had meant for Raziel to hear then he would have spoken up. As they moved from room to room he watched Bels reaction and started wondering if he was used to much better accommodations. He was starting to wonder if this was not going to work out when Bel stated that he could start to move in tomorrow.

Smiling Raziel started digging in his pocket. “I understand having to settle account before moving in. There are many problems that can arise from not settling accounts with those you are staying with even if it is just a hotel.” Coming up with what he seemed to have been looking for Raziel held out a key. “ you can come through the shop door during store hours but I think it would be best to move your stuff in through the back door, which is this way.” He led him down a set of stairs next to the kitchen the opens out into the ally behind the shops. “ the key works for this door only.”

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2019, 09:30 PM

Taking the key, Belzier nodded to the other man's words. "Thank you," he murmured, though with too little inflection to give the impression that he meant it. He tilted the key a bit, getting a feel for its look before sliding into into one of his many jacket pockets. "Will you be down in the shop most of the time? I uh...don't want to disturb you when I move in..." Or rather, it would be more convenient without prying eyes. He would need to use a portal for most of it, though he had no intention of living big and grand while on earth. Some demons might thrive on that sort of lifestyle, but he needed very little. Just a bed and a wardrobe and his scrying tools so he could get started with this whole find and destroy job. He would need a locked chest for his more demonic tools of the trade.

"My friends that are helping with the furniture have a rather bought look," he added. "I wouldn't want them to scare anyone away. It's best if no one is looking. I'm uh...kinda private, like I mentioned before."

Lunna Dea

Old 04-29-2019, 04:57 PM

Raziel watched the young man look over the key and wondered what he was thinking. Something about the way he looked at the key seemed odd but raziel could not put his finger on it. “your welcome, and I hope you find this place a comfort in this busy world.” He was not to surprised by the young man next few questions and comments. “as I said that key goes to the back door only. I will be in the shop from seven in the morning to about seven at night. No one but me will have access to the back door and stairs so if your friends and you don’t want to be watched while moving in that would be the best time.” He foundered if he should invite the nosey neighbor over for tea to stop her sticking her nose in it as well.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-13-2019, 11:09 PM

Letting a smile play over his face, Belzier nodded his head. "I'm glad. And uh, I'm looking forward to moving in. I hope we get along." His smile tugged a little higher before the expression felt too awkward and he had to drop it. They finished most of their talk and Belzier got that itch to hurry away. He still knew so little about this man he would live with, but he hated those lulls in conversations and he didn't want to overstay when he could be doing other things. Making a vague gesture toward the door, he cleared his throat.

"Er." He glanced around Ziel, gaze more obvious on the door. He really shouldn't stick around, right? Not until he officially moved in. Otherwise, it would feel too strange. "If you don't have anything else important to impart, I'll be on my way out then? Big day tomorrow and all..." he added at a murmur. For all that he acted like he wanted to run away though, he made no move to sweep past the other man. Silly, since he obviously could. He had the key, permission to return, and frankly, more power than a hundred humans. He even had the promise of no prying eyes. And yet, he waited with his eyes boring right into Ziel, promising more strength than his tiny body should have ever possessed.