PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck ...

Old 10-08-2013, 02:51 AM

Varten hadn't noticed Kasimir slide up behind him. He hadn't even heard what all he had said about his petticoats, since as he was saying it the man had grabbed Cheshire. The ginger was far too upset about the young man hurting his dearest and closest friend. When Cheshire started to purr, he looked down to find to his surprise an extra hand that was petting the cat. Turning to the gorgeous man standing behind him, Varten said blankly, Pardon me but did you say anything that I might have missed?"

He was definitely enjoying that other's touch however. It was sort of beginning to make him melt. He hadn't felt that way in probably ten years. That would have been the time he was dating the vampire that turned him. It made him feel like he was a 'living' being again. Not that he was something that was despised and hated. Something that was shunned because people found out all to early in his arrival to the town of Farefield, that he was an easy mark for their fears. That they could place blame on him whenever things seemed too creepy. And though they did not know, they still called him a vampire.

Last edited by PhoenixNeko; 10-08-2013 at 03:02 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-08-2013, 03:42 AM

Kasimir visibly pouted at Varten for a couple of seconds, that pout vanishing almost as quickly as it had appeared. He gave the other's hair another gentle tug, before letting it go, "I said, I really like your kitty. He seems sweet." That hadn't been at all what Kasimir had said, but he wasn't going to repeat the earlier comment. The moment for that comment had passed, now it would just sound cheesy. He smiled at Varten. Kasimir leaned in close, his lips nearly touching Varten's ear. "Also, I was thinking, you're a far prettier lady than most of the actual ladies in here." Kasimir pulled back, but not before placing a light kiss on Varten's earlobe. Amusement dancing in those green eyes as he watched for a reaction.

Things were loud, people were unruly, alcohol was going everywhere. And something..Someone was giving off an aura that Alistair couldn't ignore. He knew now that was why he was in this town. Like a moth to the flame, Alistair had been drawn to this place, it was also why they weren't sure how long their stay would be here. Something pulled at his sense, urged him to find it. Now it seemed he had found it. A woman, a human. His eyes narrowed slightly as he watched her, blonde hair and sweet smile, soft angel wings and a white dress. Could she save his soul? Alistair shook his head, and pushed the thought far from it. She was only human, but something about her called to him. He was sure it called to others as well. His body was stiff, tense, he was uneasy. There were far too many people crowded into this house, and he wanted only to escape it. He dared not though, his grey-blue eyes moving to where Kasimir was, still close to Varten. Still trying to get in his pants, or up his skirt. Alistair shifted on his feet and remained where he was, leaning against the wall looking a bit uncomfortable.

Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:50 AM

((Oh god I love that Bananaman OC. And this one is just Carla and Kaled for now - no Carmen >.>))

A disgusted sneer spread across Clara's face at the drunken imbecile who had opened the door and immediately attempted to flirt with her, poorly, before passing out in the puddle made by the beer he had been holding, coating her senses with the alcoholic scent. But he had invited her inside before he switched off for the night and so she stepped over his body, trying to not even brush against the yellow monstrosity he was wearing.

This music is too loud. And the house reeks of booze - it's clogging my nose. God, how can Carmen stand this?

Gingerly she edged around the main crowd, scanning the writhing bodies for her prize. Any one of these idiots would probably come with her if she so much as glanced at them, but she was looking for one particular human. The blonde woman from the bar - Becca, if she remembered correctly - was supposed to be here at the party. It was the only reason she agreed to go, even if she recognized that the plan itself was relatively intelligent. Clara could never give her sister that kind of credit.

I can't believe I was human once. Thank the stars that I'm not anymore - they're such annoying creatures!

A man had tried to drag her onto the dance floor, into the middle of the hot and sweaty masses, by wrapping his arms around her waist, fingers splayed on her hips. A lot of willpower went into not snapping his bones into splinters when she removed his hands, a strained smile on her face and a rejection on her lips when she saw her - the blonde from the diner dancing, right in the middle of the throng.

It was a blessing and a curse that Clara spotted her because now she had to somehow get through the crowd to her and the most immediate option was about to be placing his grubby paws on her lower back. Mentally she sighed, resigning her way to the quickest route.

"I'd love to dance with you!"

I'd rather have a stake shoved through my chest.

~*~

Irritation brushed against Kaled's consciousness, asking for permission settle down in his mind, wanting to grip into his grey tissue. The boy was clearly frightened though of what he couldn't see, not even with a little enhancement of his vision. There was nothing lurking in the shadows of the graveyard - he didn't glance to the Whispering Wood. He forest was an enigma even to him, always seeming to twist into impossible shapes in the corner of his eye and yet, when looked at straight on, proved to be nothing more than trees and leaves and bushes. He didn't trust the wood - and he had the suspicion that the wood didn't trust him either.

The young man had pressed his back up against the stone wall directly beside the door way, one hand gripping the fabric above his heart as if he were trying to keep it form beating out of his chest. For a second Kaled had the desire to make it a reality, to watch as the organ broke bone and tore through flesh to land at his feet, throbbing and still pumping out blood. But it would be a waste of meat, and the solid wood flooring would have a stain that would be a pain to remove even with magic.

The stranger spoke, voice laced and absolutely dripping with fear, spouting apologies and expletives as he attempted to calm himself.

This is an unexpected surprise. Why have you sent him to me? I know not if he's suitable for your tastes - he feels... wrong, somehow. Strange. Unlike the other mortals that have burst through my door.

Quietly Kaled closed the door, making sure the lock clicked into place before moving down a side hallway that would lead directly to the private part of the church, the part where the congregation of the day did not dream to enter without express permission of their priest - without his allowance. He paused before passing through the other doorway, hands clasped in front of him.

"This way. I have some hot water in the kettle and tea in the cupboard. Let's get something warm in you, shall we?"

Gesturing for the boy to follow him Kaled passed through the door way and into the kitchen, removing the kettle from the stove and pouring some of the contents into a mug nicked from one of the cupboards. The porcelain was old, stained blue and green in a gradient that had begun to fade with the passage of time. It had been a gift from one of his flock of sheep - such an apt description - which was the only reason he had the cup in his possession.

Two teas were placed on the table, one for himself and one for the boy should he decide to join him. Which was the likeliest possibility. The child wouldn't dare to step foot back out into the darkness, not with the desperate way he tried to force his way inside and into the only lit building for a ways around. It was also a likely possibility due to the subtle nudging Kaled had done, a gentle brush of suggestion.

Taking the seat facing the doorway, he waited.

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-08-2013, 03:53 AM

The blush that never seemed to leave Varten's face around the beautiful German man, only seemed to deepen more until his neck and ears were a brilliant red. His whole body felt hot and cold shivers ran down his spine. The room was starting to dissolve as he focused all of himself on the lovely visitor. He knew deep down that it was too good to be true. Why would this man take an interest in him.

"Th-thank y-you," He muttered. So he did know then that his host was a male. And it didn't seem to stop him. Varten could not smell any alcohol on Kasimir's breath, so he knew that the man was not just flirting because he was drunk. He was truly interested. A cruel voice echoed in his mind, 'Or it would seem..'

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-08-2013, 04:15 AM

He gave Varten's cat a gentle scratch behind the ears for a moment before moving slightly away. He reached down to straighten his own skirt, and cast a look around the house. It really was noisy, and people were being rather..well..drunk. Kasimir grimaced slightly at the slight expression of disdain he caught on Alistair's face. That poor vampire. Unruly was just not in his vocabulary. He could put up with Kasimir easy enough, because one person was rather amusing, but a whole crowd of people with no shame and drunken stupors was just..hard for Alistair to handle. Kasimir almost regretted dragging the vampire along, almost. Alistair would be alright. Though he wasn't sure what kind of state Varten's house would be in once the drunken party was over.

"It's rather loud and crowded in here." He had leaned in towards Varten's ear, though the vampire probably didn't need him to be that close to hear his words over the party noises. "We could have our own private party somewhere quieter." Suggestive smile on his lips, so far Kasimir's green eyes hadn't found anything worth taking in this room. There certainly had to be something in the bedroom. Wasn't that were some people hid their most valuable things? The other liked to play the part of a woman, so he probably had pretty jewelry lying around. The look in Kasimir's green eyes matched the suggestive smile on his lips.

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-08-2013, 04:29 AM

Varten couldn't blush any deeper, so now he was just stammering, "A-and what w-would we do?" It was no use. He was so desperate and totally out of practice with being smooth, that he sounded like a little school girl in those romantic school life animes he enjoyed watching. He reached up with one hand and started to fidget with a bit of hair and twirl it around his finger. He knew it made him look dorky but it helped calm him down.

The grandfather clock chimed out that it was now half past nine. He had been standing in the hallway with Kasimir for half a hour. He was sure that the human was getting bored with his nervousness. In a timid voice he asked, "Are you su-sure you don't want to dance?" He wanted to gain the courage to be alone with him.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-08-2013, 04:49 AM

Kasimir watched Varten closely, it was rather cute the way he nervously twirled his hair and stammered. Kasimir greatly enjoyed how easy it was to make the other blush. He reached out and gently took Varten's hand, lightly pulling it away from that hair he was twirling. He interlaced his finger's with Varten's. "I'm sure we could think of something very fun to do." A suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows, and a slight tug on that hand were the only indications of what Kasimir had in mind.

He hesitated a bit when the other asked if he was sure he didn't want to dance, and he glanced around them. "The dance floor is so crowded already, and besides, once people start getting a real good look at you, they'll probably want you all to themselves. I saw you first, and I don't share very well." He gave Varten's hand a gentle, almost reassuring squeeze. Kasimir did relent though, still looking very interested in Varten. "If my princess really wants to dance, then I will not deny such a request. I would never be so cruel as to deny a beautiful lady her desires." Kasimir was really trying to lay that charm on, but the words came easy to him. They were probably words he had spoke a couple times before to a couple different people. It didn't matter. All that mattered was making sure Varten knew that those green eyes were only for him.

Still, if they danced, bodies packed tight with other bodies, it would make it easy for his roaming and wandering hands to snatch wallets here and there. It was even easier due to the fact that most of the people were drunk and incoherent anyway.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-08-2013, 05:29 AM

Nate stood and trembled, apologizing mindlessly to the man. He visibly relaxed when the door clicked tight, the lock latched. Fine. He was fine. It wasn't out there. Hell it probably wasn't even out in the woods. Could have just been a tree swaying in the wind for all her knew.

The man- the priest- turned and walked off, heading off toward a hallway. He perked when the other spoke, motioning him to follow. He had tea and hot water. Tea sounded good. Before he could think otherwise he was moving, following the other as if he had little choice. In reality he actually did. Hew as not going back outside. Not right now. Not for a long while.

He blinked at the priest sitting at the table, Nate smiling shakily but with obvious gratitude. "Th-thank you, Father" he said, moving and slumping into the chair meant for him. "Really...thanks." He eyed the tea sitting in front of him, lifting the cup and sipping at it. It was hot. Really hot. It felt good going down his throat.

"Sorry about this. I d-don't even know what time it is..." he mumbled, almost embarrassed. His heart rate was starting to slow down, though it still pounded in his ears. The porcelain mug shook in his hand and he placed it back on the table, frowning at his hands, trying to force them steady. Force himself to calm down.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 AM

Onyx slowly became a little sour, dancing for this long. Her mood instantly went from a one hundred percent happy, to a bitter mood. Onyx loved to party, but something was off about this one. And Onyx did not like it one bit. She slowly excused herself and began to look for Becca. After ten minutes of searching she gave up and began making her way over towards the kitchen.

There was a sea of people Onyx had to fight her way through, stepping over people, being rammed into. They were so drunk, and so annoying. She wondered if she was like this when she were drunk. She shook her head. Onyx knew how to carry herself even when drunk, or at least, she hoped.

Almost to the kitchen, Onyx was pretty much body slammed into an obviously handsome man just standing against a wall. He looked almost lost in thought, if anything. Onyx quickly regained her balance and smoothed out the shirt of her costume. "I'm sure you've probably been molested by these drunk idiots already. I'm dearly sorry. It's not exactly easy trying to walk through them." Onyx told the man against the wall.

Beekeeper

Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM

"No matter, what's important is that you are safe from whatever lies outside."

Kaled to a sip from his own cup, hiding the smirk that - for a moment - wormed onto his face. Seeing others in fear always struck a delighted cord in him, the pallor of their skin, the trembles they couldn't control, the dilation of their eyes. Of course he was usually the source of their terror. The power over those that found their way into his special care was addicting.

"Have you someone to call? I'm afraid I don't keep much in way of electronics but there is a phone in my office should you care to use it."

Any delicate electronic device seemed to hate him, shorting out or malfunctioning if they came too close. The telephone in the office had been enchanted when he bought it - he could enchant the others as well but it took unnecessary effort and time and in the end was just an extraordinarily boring way to utilize his gifts. It was easier to do without. Besides, he had found other means to occupy his time and attention, and there was no need for a remote control.

The true question was - why was the boy wandering around, alone, in the darkness of the cemetery? Kaled knew that the old mill further down and away from the church was somewhat of a meeting place for the younger generations of Farefield, but this young man was terrified. If he was with others at the mill than they would have come with him. Everyone knew that nighttime in town was dangerous - especially alone. They would have kept as a group as they ran terrified towards the only other structure. His church.

Either way, this boy was not suitable for his particular needs, not even to be kept as a midnight snack. The boy would phone home, have whoever was there pick him up, and be on their merry way. Perhaps Kaled would see him again during one of his services though he highly doubted it. Never before had he seen this face, and he doubted he would see it again.

For the best, I suppose. This child is... odd. It's wise to keep him away.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2013, 02:48 PM

How long had it been since she'd started dancing? Becca didn't know, she didn't care. She was the kind of girl who could dance all night, without a drop of liquor in her body. So far so good. Maybe she'd make it through the whole night without Onyx handing her something to inhibit her her mind. Though, she never turned her friend down, even though she could if she truly wanted to.

She searched for Onyx in the crowd, still dancing. Her bestie was nowhere to be seen. Her dance partner had relaxed considerably, and wasn't as horrible of a dancer as he'd initially seemed to be. He grabbed her hand and twirled her around, making her laugh. He'd turned out to be quite fun, thankfully. As he spun her away from himself in the crowded room, Becca bumped into a female with long brown hair, pulled back.

Becca stopped, always courteous. "I'm sorry!" she shouted over the loud music. She noticed the woman's costume. "Tomb Raider!" she shouted excitedly. "So original! Your costume is great!" This girl even resembled the woman, what was her name, Lauren Craft or something? Though there were subtle differences. She'd never seen the woman in town before, but then, a lot of the people here seemed new.

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-08-2013, 03:00 PM

Varten whispered to Cheshire, "you know I love you my friend, and we both know that you'll be safer this way.." Then he suddenly thrust the poor cat into the hall closet. Turning back to Kasimir he told him, "It will keep the other party goers from hurting him like that last man did. Besides he's safe in there. I put his bowls in there before the party. Then taking the proffered hand, let himself be led to the 'dance floor'.

Cheshire wasn't happy. He knew his vampire was putting him in the closet to keep him safe, but that didn't mean he had to like it. It wasn't his fault that that crazy human had threw him around. The cat huffed to himself about the rudeness of humans these days. He remembered just before the enchantments, back when his vampire used to be his human. He had been a kitten and his mother used to tell him how humans used to worship cats. She had heard the stories from her mother, and it had been passed down. But as he grew up, Ches came to see that humans could be mean.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Safe. Yeah but that's only 'cause it doesn't like buildings...I think. Nate took another sip, casting a quick glance the way he had come almost nervously. He sighed when no danger became obvious, turning back to the priest.

He blinked when he mentioned calling someone to come get him, a sudden guilt coiling in his mind. "No...anyone I would have is back out west and I live on my own back out in the woods..." he said, fingers tightening.

Speaking of anyone...wouldn't someone have seen him on the steps? He had woken up there so he probably passed out there too. He bit his lip, brows knitting together lightly. Someone would have seen him. They had to have. Unless he wasn't there. Unless they honestly didn't see anything because nothing was there. And if that was the case where had he gone? Did someone drag him off or...

His mind jumped to his bag and he turned sharply, removing it and sliding it into his lap. He practically tore it open, the zipper screaming from the abuse. His eyes darted around, eyeing the contents. His lantern (he had forgotten about the lantern), his phone, a book he was going to return to the library later this week...and his camera and the extra SD card. Good everything was still there. He relaxed visibly, sliding it onto the floor next to his chair.

"I...I have the lantern on me. I can use that and see if I can find a hotel for the night," he said, leaning over the the table slightly and rubbing his forehead. He seemed to be talking mostly to himself right now, thinking out loud. His bad habit from living alone.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Audrey continued to wander, the can of beer gone from her hand, forgotten on the counter in the kitchen. It tasted terrible. She growled quietly to herself, lamenting all the drunks. This seemed like a lost cause. There was no way she'd find what she needed in here not with this rabble.

She stopped in the hallway, eyes narrowing slightly at a man leaning against a wall, dressed as a stereotypical vampire. Except he was one. Even over the smell of booze and sweat she could smell his dead stink. Like a dried up corpse in a dank space. She resisted the urge to turn, to turn and lunge and tear the bat's disgusting throat out.

She trembled for a minute before continuing on, her instincts telling her to kill it, kill it now! But she didn't. She ignored her rage, ignored the man as she walked past, bumping into the woman trying to speak with him roughly. It would do her no good to lose her head now. Not in the middle of a vampire's home. Not while it had the home advantage.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 10-08-2013 at 05:27 PM..

Beekeeper

Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 AM

Well, that was easier than I was expecting.

Carmen had been making her way from one end of the dancefloor to the other, weaving in time to the music, dancing to get through the spaces between the squirming mass of bodies. By the time she reached the middle of the floor her nose was clogged with the scent of sweat and ecstasy and booze and she wouldn't be able to rely on it to find the woman - something she'd had to hurry along as she saw Carla get invited into the home.

She had been turning when her back had been bumped into, another partygoer obviously running into her. Agitation peered up from the bottom of her mind, a little spark that had the potential to turn into a raging inferno should the offender be anything but courteous. When Carmen turned around, however, it wasn't another drunken male stumbling about, but the blonde from before. The woman they were searching for.

A grin slipped onto her face as naturally as could be, though she had to make sure that she didn't show too much teeth. That always seemed to be a problem for her.

"Thanks! You're the first one to guess it right the first time!"

That was a lie. There was a man from before - now lying passed out on the floor somewhere, she made sure of it - that tried to get her with the most obnoxious pickup line she'd ever heard. Sure, she was supposed to be Lara Croft, but she definitely didn't want that man to 'Raid her Tomb if y'know what I mean.' It was repulsive, and she had - discreetly - seen to it that he wouldn't bother her again that night.

"My name's Carmen! Nice to meetcha!"

There was a brief pause. She figured that she should compliment the others costume as well - she wanted to start on the right foot with this girl, not blow it by giving off the impression that she was rude. First meetings were important, they gave the person the basis of which to judge their character.

Not that I think we'll get the chance for a second meeting anyway...

"I love your costume! You have awesome style!"

~*~

Oh perfect. This was just perfect - Carmen got to her first. Blind luck. Damnit.

Carla was still winding her way through the crowd, her dance partner staying far too close than she was comfortable with, pulling her back against his chest every moment he got, placing his hands on her waist. It was becoming incredibly annoying and hindering her movement further into the fray, but she didn't know any other way to penetrate the crowd without shoving them harshly out of the way and that would bring way too much attention upon herself.

But the night was still young, and she still had enough time to steal her back from her sister. She wouldn't be cheated out of what should be the most delicious meal of her five years. Not tonight, and certainly not by her twin.

~*~

So. The boy was alone - truly alone - in Farefield. And living on his own in the whispering woods? That was something even Kaled wouldn't dream of attempting. The woods belonged to the shadows of the night, it was their domain. He wasn't sure if this child was brave, stupid, or truly clueless of the real dangers that the forest held between the branches of its trees, the horrors that hide between the fluttering leaves. It was likely the latter - the boy was merely human, after all, and couldn't possibly sense the darkness of the forest.

"I have a spare room, should you need a place to stay. Safer than attempting to breach the night alone."

He'd keep the boy here - it wouldn't do to have a corpse found just outside the church. That would bring the police along in an investigation of how and why and where, and with him being that last to have made contact with the young man... Priest or not, he would be a suspect, and being a suspect would mean that they would look into his past. And that was something that had to be prevented at all - at whatever - cost. Just as long as he kept the child away from the crypt all would be well.

PhoenixNeko

Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 AM

Being led onto the dance floor, which was actually his dinning hall and Parlor, Varten was being more and more swept away each moment that he spent with this Kasimir fellow. He hoped that it would not turn into a drunken one night stand, like the short time that he spent in Hollywood as a makeup artist. That had been horrible. The man had been a producer of the movie he was working with and had all but took advantage of poor Varten. It had just been the worst night of his life, aside from when his parents kicked him out for being gay.

Cheshire could feel his vampire's mood suddenly dip. It was not good. The cat could tell that he was thinking about the time that he lost his humanity. It was the same feel to it. That and the images. Ches's Varten always needed him then. But he could tell good was in the human. He also knew that the human was a thief, but this did not concern Ches. What concerned him was that the human, despite the good he had in him, might just wound his Varten too deeply.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-09-2013, 04:18 AM

Nate's head shot up, blinking at the older man with wide eyes. "What? No I couldn't ask you to do that!" he said, sitting up straighter. "I mean I probably ruined your night already! I don't want to impose..."

He trailed off at the mention of the night, biting his lip and looking down to his half-empty mug of tea. It probably wouldn't be smart at all for him to go back out there. His fingers were still shaking slightly and, even with the lantern in his bag, he doubted he'd be able to keep his wits about him long enough to find a hotel. If this town even HAD a hotel in the first place. He thought he had seen one driving in all those months back but that was a long time ago. Who knows now. If there wasn't he'd get lost. And who knows what would happen then?

He sat for a moment, mulling it over. "...thank you, Father. I...think I'll take that room if it's not too much trouble..." he muttered, leaning back in his chair almost defeated. He blinked when he realized he had yet to introduce himself, mentally kicking himself for forgetting that. "Oh...I'm Nate. I...forgot to introduce myself."

Beekeeper

Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 AM

"It appears so have I. My name is Kaled."

He made sure that the smile splayed across his face was friendly and warm, that his lips were positioned the correct way as to not frighten the young man off. Not when he had been convinced to not roam around the wilderness on his lonesome. Though if it came down to it he could always force the boy to stay with just a few simple words with the right force put behind them. The child would then willingly spend the night in the church whether he wanted to leave or not.

Standing he placed his now empty mug next to the kitchen sink, having quickly rinsed it of the stray leaves that had been stuck to the sides and bottom of the cup. He moved back to the hallway, this time not motioning for the other to follow him but instead voicing his request.

The guest room was on the small second floor of the church, a spaced that was previously used to store the church's donations, antiques, and assorted other bits and baubles that had been collected over the years. Kaled had, since he had taken over as the reigning priest, moved the collection to the attic in order to set up another room. It had opened up a new way to hunt - let travellers that likely wouldn't have been missed due to their current roaming status stay the night and, if they were lucky, never leave the next morning. Yes, the police did sometimes come knocking on his church door, but a quick word and the slight push against their mind always sent them right back to their cruiser and speeding away.

Inside was a narrow bed, a plain white duvet spread overtop the mattress and, while it couldn't be sen at that moment, the bed also had smooth cream covers. The room itself had a window with the grey curtains drawn as well as the slatted blinds closed - Kaled didn't want to give others the opportunity to glimpse inside if he could help it, not into the private part of the church.

Beside the bed was a miniature bedside table and a lamp, and at it's foot was a small chest to be used as storage for clothing or the traveller's bag. There wasn't much room to fit anything else though he had tucked a folding chair into the corner should the guest care to sit and read or do anything of the like.

"I'm afraid it's not much, but it's better than attempting to sleep outside. I have a few requests to make of you - please, stay out of my own bedroom as well as the church's crypt. The crypt especially, it's a room that's very dear to myself as well as to the brothers that had come before me."

Technically what he had said was the truth. Not the whole truth, but truth nonetheless - Kaled found it easier to spin lies if they were based on actuality. It was easier to remember them all that way and complete fabrications were relatively easy to poke hole's in should someone know what questions to ask or what action to take.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM

Kasimir tugged Varten gently towards the dance floor, or area..it was already crowded but Kasimir didn't really mind that too much. He liked the feel of bodies gyrating against one another. For several reasons. The German did try to make his way to a slightly less crowded area of the dance floor, though that was just so he didn't end up losing his lovely redhead in the crowd. Then again, with that hair, he was sure Varten would stand out in this sea of people.

Once they reached a spot that Kasimir was satisfied with, he let the other's hand go and began moving. His slender body writhed and wriggled, his movements rather sexual as he shimmied against and around Varten. His hands coming out to sometimes run along his dance partner's sides or to tease at his braided hair. Occasionally those hands almost roamed close to other people that really close to them, easy access. Slipping whatever he could get from pockets unnoticed, into his own pockets. Or rather that pouch accessory attached to his own belt. His movements were fluid, and his fingers were rather quick. Years of experience at thieving, and years of just having fun accounted for his provocative, intimate dance movements.

Alistair was in thought when someone, a female, bumped into him. He reacted quickly enough, hands reaching out on instinct to grip her shoulders. Mostly to keep her from losing her balance, to steady her on her feet. He released her almost as quickly as he had touched her. Those grey-blue eyes blinking softly at the female, his lips quirking up in the slightest of smiles. "It's quite alright, no need to apologize." Those eyes looked her over for a moment. Human, she was human, and wearing a cheerleader costume.

He moved his hands over his own costume for a moment, smoothing a couple wrinkles that had cropped up here and there in the shirt. He looked out at the sea of people, noticing Kasimir had moved. It was easy for him to spot the blonde and his companion though, that shock of red hair helped. Dancing. If those kind of movements could really be called dancing. Kasimir truly had no shame. Alistair shook his head slightly, his attention returning to the woman. "Forgive me, I'm not very used to social gatherings of this kind." He was still a bit uneasy, his body still a bit tense but it didn't show. At least not to a human. "Do you partake of such parties often?" Alistair wasn't normally one for small talk, but he didn't want to be rude and perhaps this woman wanted a conversation with someone that wasn't a drunken molester? It was also a slight distraction from the aura that called to him.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Onyx pursed her lips at the man slightly. He hasn't seemed one to try and socialize, more of the kind to just grunt and wave her off as many would so often do. But maybe he was getting tired of the party scene too. He didn't seem drunk, so that was a plus on Onyx's part. She wouldn't be having to slap him to keep his roaming hands off of her.

Onyx shook her head. "It's quite alright." Then, Onyx was ran into by a woman. A rather, strong woman to be exact. Onyx quickly gained her composure again. "Normally, yes I do. I'm here with my friend Becca in the white angel costume. But I don't know. Something just seems...off about tonight. Can't quite put my finger on it, though."

Onyx was usually never one to not drink at a party, or enjoy herself, but something in her guy told her that she needed to be on her game tonight. Which is strange. Onyx's mood swings had been getting more and more intense these last few weeks, and it was really affecting Onyx's writing. She would go from happy, to lonely, even to angry about completely nothing. It just always happened in the weirdest of places, with other people around.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 PM

Becca laughed, "Thanks!" She accepted the compliment, though she knew she had great style. She always had. "I'm Becca!" she shouted over the music. "Nice to meet you, too!" She gave the woman a genuine smile. Becca loved meeting new people. Most people tended to adore her. The people of this town had, once. Until they determined she was some kind of creature of their ridiculous folklore. The same people who planet wolfsbane in their gardens and strung garlic on their porches. It was ridiculous.

She excused herself from the woman and from her dance partner, feeling hot and parched. She grabbed her cup from the fireplace that she'd forgotten about and took a sip before searching for Onyx again. That girl always seemed to get lost at parties. Becca knew where to find her though. Where was the liquor table, or the keg? If Becca lost tabs on her too early, Onyx would be lost to the party and what kind of bestie would that make Becca? A bad one.

Easily, she finished off her drink. It tasted gross, the punch. Probably she'd left it sitting out for too long. She hoped she hadn't grabbed someone else's cup. Gross. She tossed the cup in the trash in the kitchen. Onyx wasn't there. Becca squeezed between people, getting bumped around, growing tired of yelling her apologies. Finally she bumped right into Onyx. "Oh!" she exclaimed, pleasantly surprised. "We've got to stop meeting like this, dahling!" she said romantically to her bestie.

Becca laughed. "I need some air!" she shouted just before noticing the male Onyx was talking to. "Dracula!" she yelled. "Awesome!" She faced Onyx and gave her a suggestive wink, nodding her head towards the guy. Then she laughed again and headed for the front door. Once Becca was out on the front porch she took a deep breath of the crisp cool air. That was much better.

Just in the yard was a group of people crowded around a keg. Someone was on top of it, upside down, guzzling away at the frothy substance that poured from a small hose attached to the keg. Uhg, the thought turned Becca's stomach. It wasn't long before someone else came along making small talk with her. He'd recognized her from town, he worked at the local grocery store, thought she was a vampire, typical townie.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Nate smiled in return, following the man as the other requested, grabbing his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. The younger man's smile seemed to fade slightly as he followed, staring at Father Kaled's back as they moved to what Nate assumed was the second floor. He cast a quick glance down the stairs before he turned away entirely.

He blinked at the small room he'd be staying the night in, eyeing the sparse decoration and the fact the window was drawn tight, letting no one see in or out. It was small compared to the large room he had back at his house, but he didn't really care about that right now. His smile grew again, relief obvious across it.

"No this is perfect," he said, moving into it and placing his bag on the bed. He turned when the older man made his requests about the crypt and his room, chuckling slightly. "Don't worry I'll probably just be here and the bathroom tonight. Besides...if I couldn't handle the open street at night how on Earth would I be able to handle a dark room probably underground?"

He turned back to the room, giving it another good look over. "Thank you. Seriously," he said, turning back. His tone was genuine. He wouldn't explain why. He couldn't without sounding absolutely insane. But he hoped the priest would simply take the thanks as gratitude for the room. Which it was basically. But it was also thanks for the safety of not having to worry about his phobia or that thing finding him alone in the middle of the night.

~~~*~*~*~~~

Audrey stood outside, breathing in actual air with actual physical relief. That place was nasty. The dead smell and the nasty smell of human bodies pressed against each other. Not to mention all of that alcohol.

She gave a a quick yawn before turning to look back up at the old house, annoyance on her face. Maybe she would wait out here with the drunks on the keg and wait to see if the one with that necklace came wandering out. She absently wondered if she'd be even able to smell the pendant at this point.

The werewolf perked considerably when a girl came wandering out, a scent hitting her nose. There. That one. A grin spread over her lips and it took a lot for her not to shift and take the amulet. She needed to be sure it was really with her now. Scents could rub off and, while the source seemed to radiate it the most, objects or creatures that hung around a lot could smell just as strong. She watched as a man walked up to her, chit chatting about one thing or another. Audrey would wait. She'd approach when the other was alone and get a good whiff.

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 10-09-2013 at 10:25 PM..

Beekeeper

Old 10-10-2013, 04:56 AM

No, dammit, get back here.

Carmen had barely talked to Becca for three seconds before the woman whisked herself away, leaving the brunette with the abandoned dance partner who was now looking to her as a new potential match. She struggled - would it seem weird if she pursued the woman immediately after she left? Would it seem as though she had ulterior motives? She couldn't tell, but at least she was further along in securing the prize than her sister.

Where was Carla, anyway? I would've thought she'd have made her introduction by now but I haven't seen her since she was let in...

She decided to wait a song or maybe two before pursuing the blonde - make it seem as if she were stepping out for some air in order to escape the invasive scent of the party. Which was, in itself, true - Carmen couldn't smell anything past the sweat of the others and, maybe, the sickly sweet stench of her sister. She needed to clear her nose otherwise she'd be driven crazy.

~*~

Carla on the other hand saw the woman brush off her sister and felt a tiny bit of satisfaction. However, this meant that the blonde had left the middle of the dance floor, the place where she had been slowly and steadily making her way - and all without the human even glancing in her direction! She was behind her sister and at a severe disadvantage, in more ways than one. Her sister was already introduced to the prey whereas she herself had only seen her from a distance. There was also the fact that it was going to be harder than she expected to lose her dance partner.

He seemed to never let her get more than a few steps away from him before pulling her back. It had gone past annoying and into agitating a couple of songs back - and she doubted she could just tell him she was heading outside for drinks.

Turn his own motives against him. Get him out of the picture that way.

Carla turned around to face the man, looping her arms around her neck and a fake, easy smile spilling across her lips. Men always had one thing in mind, especially when it came to beautiful women - and double that when it came down to beautiful women at a party with free-flowing booze.

"Why don't we take this somewhere a little more private?"

That way I can knock you out with no one seeing. They'll all think you passed out and I'll be able to slip away unnoticed.

Her partner gave her a wolfish smile and heartily agreed, grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her through the crowd and out the other side. It didn't take them long to find an empty hallway and - just as he was pushing her up against the wall - she struck him hard on the back of the head. Not with enough force to break the skin, but the man would likely have a wonderful goose-egg in the morning.

Serves him right, the little human bastard. Now, to find the blonde...

Carla headed back into the main room of the party, this time skirting her way around the edge of the dancers, narrowly avoiding the black-haired woman that had been with Becca at the diner. As she passed by though, her nostrils flared. Another, like her, but far older than herself. Eyes glanced to her side, taking in the form of the man dressed as stereotypical Dracula the girl was speaking to, committing his face to memory before moving on. Just so long as he didn't follow her or interfere she would be fine. If she was lucky she passed by unnoticed but that wasn't a likely possibility.

The front door - I think that's where the woman went. Either way I can clear my senses this way before heading back into that mess.

She managed to make it to the entrance easily as most party members seemed to stay towards the centre of the room so there was more space to maneuver in. As Carla arrived at the door and went to pull it open, she paused. Would she be able to reenter the home when she left? She'd never left a home and then went back in on the same night - whenever she left she left usually for good, or came back in a week or something like that.

But, if Becca was outside...

Some risks had to be taken. Someone could always invite her back in - maybe the mysterious host she had yet to meet. Or had she?

Carla really hoped that it wasn't the drunken bananaman.

~*~

The human was amusing, certainly. Kaled had lost count of the number of times the boy had thanked him, or even how many apologies he had been given. It was entertaining to see such a display - it wasn't common to see such an emotional feast, at least outside of the confessional booth. Though, it wasn't as if his flock confessed regularly. Maybe once a month at the most for the majority, and that was if they even partook in the sacrament.

"It is my pleasure." Another gentle smile was offered up, an attempt to calm the child - Nate. That was his name. It seemed easier though to call him by anything but. Should he learn the young man's last name, along with a second given name should he have one, he'd know his true name. And should Kaled have that knowledge... Well. He may be tempted to do something with it.

"The first service starts at six in the morning, so you'll have to pardon the noises you'll likely hear. The second floor should be far enough removed so you won't hear the congregation, but you may hear the organ as it is played.

I'll prepare extra food for you - I doubt you'll want to join me for breakfast at such an early hour as five - which will be placed in the fridge for you."

Another soothing smile, another point towards his credible image. It was laughably easy to whip up a meal with a wave of his hand. So long as he had the proper ingredients of course with, by using a little more alchemy, could be made. And if one just halved the total amount of food then it appears as though a second meal had been created.

"I'll leave you to get settled in."

He turned on his heel and walked back to the doorway, fiddling with the sticky door handle before moving down the stairwell, taking care to make sure that every step he took rung out for the other to hear.

Kaled himself had his own room to return to. There would be no more visiting of his sacrificial lamb being held down below tonight.

Perhaps tomorrow. He needed to work fast lest the meat began to rot.

Last edited by Beekeeper; 10-10-2013 at 01:12 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 AM

Alistair nodded slightly as the woman responded to him. She was clearly human, and yet even she seemed a bit uneasy. Well perhaps not easy, but she did admit to feeling as if something was off. "Yes, something is off. It has me uneasy as well." And then his companion was being bumped into by someone. Alistair's entire body tensed, his grey-blue eyes flashing a bit bluer for a moment. It was an uncontrollable reaction as the woman with the intoxicating aura stood so near now. She was friends with the woman he was conversing with. As those eyes looked upon her, uncharacteristically Alistair found himself wondering how red her blood might be, how sweet and lovely it might taste. He licked his lips, and then bit down on his tongue once it was back behind those lips.

The taste of his own blood seemed to get rid of such thoughts, for now. The disgusting taste of blood already dead. His veins were burning now, before everything had been fine, but such close proximity had awaken his hunger. Or rather, brought to light a hunger that only the angel costumed blonde could satisfy. She was leaving though, after giving her friend a suggestive look and nodding towards him. Alistair had been around Kasimir long enough to know what that meant, and once again his lips quirked up in a smile as his gaze rested on the woman he had been talking too.

His body relaxing a bit, but his veins still burned. Itched at the feeling of his own dead blood flowing through them, burning for the sensation of warm, living blood. His skin seemed a little paler now, perhaps a human wouldn't notice, though a very observant one might. Alistair needed to get out, he needed to feed... on the blonde angel...No.. on something not someone..A deer, a rat. Not a human. Not the blonde girl, not anyone. Alistair shook his head to try and clear it.

letmefly101
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-10-2013, 10:26 AM

Onyx waved off Becca and her silly wink. Becca always had been obsessed with boys, and clearly Onyx's mind was always somewhere. Not that Onyx minded men, but her writing always came first. No matter who wanted to try and distract her. Even Becca knew it was Onyx's first priority to write. Getting bumped into several times that night, Onyx felt done. Onyx looked at the man and have a simple wave. "I think I'm just going to find my friend and maybe get some fresh air. It was nice meeting you, sir. If you need anything, my name's Onyx." And with that, she slowly began to make her way outside to find Becca.

She quickly spotted the blonde friend of hers and poked her in the side. "Dear! It's been ages since I've seen your lovely face!" Onyx said dramatically to her best friend. "But seriously, I lost you, and just kinda gave up. I knew you were somewhere around here." Onyx shrugged. She had truly meant to stay with her friend tonight, but obviously got caught into the sea of sweaty bodies. Which made her feel like she needed a shower. Yuck.

Onyx looked around at all the drunk, drinking more. And some of the dancers had made there way outside. It was fascinating how people acted when they were drunk. Onyx hoped she didn't even come close to that. And if she did, she'd be on a strict no alcohol diet for at least a few days longer than usual. "Do I act like that when I'm drunk?" Onyx said while pointing to a group stumbling around trying not to lose their footing.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 03:30 PM

((Decided to add a little bit of action. :) I can't help myself! But I am super distracted so I hope it all makes sense, lol.))

At some point, Onyx appeared. Becca hugged her. No matter who was at a party, it wasn't a party without Onyx. Though, something seemed off about her tonight. She was sober. Something in the yard grabbed their attention. Becca grimaced and shook her head. "No, absolutely not. Even monkeys wouldn't act like that, drunk." Becca laughed.

Just then a shrill scream cut through the yard and over the chatter and music. It wouldn't have been heard inside, not by a human anyway. A girl appeared at the edge of the tree line, stumbling into the yard from the forest. She was dressed in a costume, she'd been Tinker Bell. But now Tink had a generous amount of red paint splashed across her green dress, over her hands and on her neck.

She ran towards the house, screaming words no one could understand. Some people clapped at the performance, but something about it seemed too real, the paint too dark, the fear too tangible...

The girl arrived at the steps of the house where Onyx and Becca stood. It was Alison, from the bakery. She was crying, and dirty. Dirt mixed with blood everywhere, her hair was a wild mess, and she was missing a shoe. This wasn't a joke. Becca had never known Alison to big on pranks.

She grabbed Alison by her trembling arms. "What happened Alison!?" she asked her as a crowd began to gather around. "V-v-v.... Vampires!" Alison screeched as she broke down into another sob. Some people laughed, others headed into the "safety" of the house, those who truly believed began hastily gathering their jackets to leave.

"Alison," Becca started, not sure what to believe, "Are you sure you haven't had too much to drink, and that you just fell?" Alison shook her head violently before turning her head to the side to show the spot at her neck where she'd been bitten. Becca reached up and tenderly rubbed her fingers over the punctures. "They're real," she said to Onyx as real blood continued to stream from the wounds.

Just then a loud thud came from above them, on the awning. It was so heavy or strong, whatever it had been, that the whole porch shook and dust sprinkled down over them. More screams erupted from the yard, where people were staring up at whatever it was. Becca's heart started to race. If this was a joke, it had gone way too far.

She pulled Alison to her feet and turned to lead her inside but Alison had stopped dead, like a stone, impossible to move. Becca looked at the girl who's eyes were wide, like a deer in the headlights. Her chin was trembling and she was trying to speak, but no words would come. "What is it, Alison!?" Becca demanded to know, fear growing inside her.

Alison didn't respond. Becca followed the girl's gaze ahead. Between them and the door, was a man. He had blood running down his chin and smeared on his shirt. He was smiling, bearing bloodied fangs. Apparently there was another inside, as people started screaming and rushing outside, unaware that they were running past another vampire right there on the porch.

Becca would be lucky, hopefully. Hopefully her scent and aura would mix so with all the others, that she wouldn't be followed. She turned to Alison, but Alison was already gone. Her and Onxy were the only two standing there with the vampire who said something, but not to them. Something only his vampire comrades would hear. Another appeared beside him quicker than the human eye would catch.

Without hesitating any longer, Becca grabbed Onyx's hand. "Run Onyx!" she said as she tugged her best friend towards the woods. Cars weren't an option. There was such a cluster f*ck of cars with panicked drivers that there had already been accidents on the road. The road out of here certainly wasn't an option at all.

Others fled into the woods, some tried the vehicles, others found hiding places in the house. If any died, the attacks would surely be blamed on drunken youths in the morning. Everyone was so drunk, most people wouldn't even remember the happenings, and those who did would be called crazy.

Once they were in the woods, Becca released Onyx's hand so that they could more easily run and escape the danger. Becca detested having on the heels, but she was a heels kind of girl, and running in them wasn't impossible, not for her. Though it probably wasn't as easy as running in tennis shoes. Somewhere in the forest ahead was a cemetery, tombs, a church. Off to the West of their location was the fair. Becca didn't know which way they were headed, she just wanted to put distance between her and whatever was happening back at that house.

((Okie dokie, so Fly, it's up to you what you want to do. Becca can turn around and she can be gone, or following, or leading. It doesn't matter to me a bit. She could have gone back to the house, fallen, been captured. Don't let me control her! I just figured they'd end up running away together. Besties and all. ))