Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 06:23 PM

Dark Hour
A roleplay inspired in part by Persona 3.

"All life will cease to exist, and the darkness will be eternal..."

Human life is fragile. People live holding on by a thread of what their minds can percieve as reality. But reality is far more than it seems. The city of Eternia is a large city that prides itself on being the city of the future. Advanced technology and medicine are the city's life work. The people here are strong and capable, proud of their home and their work, but none of them are aware of what lurks in the darkness. When the clock strikes midnight, time seems to freeze. The moon is taken over by a green glow, and water runs crimson. The world changes in its appearance, as darkness takes over, and all technology ceases to function. People during this time, revert to a state that makes them appear as if they are coffins.

Normal humans do not know of this hour, for they are "asleep" during it, when they become coffins. A select few however are privy to this hour in time, and those who are, no the secret. Within the dark hour, the shadows take over. Demons and creatures born of darkness and the negative energies of the world rise up and take control. Their purpose is to eat, and they will devour any human they come across during this time. This causes a ripple effect after the dark hour passes, sending those who were devoured during the dark hour into a coma they will never wake from. A person can become privy to this hour by what is called an awakening. For this to happen, they must have some contact with a shadow creature and survive the incident. Since this rarely happens, it is rare for a human to be aware of the dark hour at all.

As Eternia is suddenly plagued by a strange growing incident of people falling into comas, questions arise from those who are able to be active during this time. A mysterious clock tower begins to appear in central park during this hour. Upon investigation, it is revealed that the self proclaimed ruler of the shadows has chosen Eternia as the birthplace of something no one thought possible. The ruler is sending out its minions to feed on as many human lives as they can, absorbing the energy and essence each human possesses. This is due to the ruler's plan of extending the dark hour permanently not only over Eternia, but the world as well. Earth will become a planet of darkness and corruption, where humans become nothing more than food for the new race that takes over.

However, those who have aquired the ability to experience the dark hour are not without an advantage. After awakening, a person gifted to experience this hour gains abilities that help them to survive. These powers at first are only accessable during the dark hour. However, as the ruler of shadows begins to take hold, reality and illusion begin to melt together. The dark hour is coming, and unless those chosen are able to stop it, humanity is forever lost to the shadows.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 06:28 PM

Rules:

1. Respect all members of the roleplay
2. Follow all Mene rules.
3. Yaoi and yuri allowed, so respect this, and if you do not like it respect those who do.
4. PM all profiles to Me titled "Dark Hour", or they will not be looked at
5. Keep ooc within the ooc, I do not like ooc in the rp thread, so keep it out. This is your only warning.
6. No godmodding please -.-
7. Post two paragraphs please! I understand writers block, but I will not tollerate one or two liners. They take up a lot of space, and are hard to reply to.
8. I will add/subtract and update the rules as needed.

Character Skeleton

HTML Code:
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][RIGHT][COLOR="Color"][B]The Puppetmaster[/B][/COLOR]
[username][/CENTER]

[img]pic here[/img][/RIGHT]

[LEFT][B][COLOR="Color"]My name is:[/COLOR][/B]
[name]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My friends call me:[/COLOR][/B]
[nickname]

[B][COLOR="Color"]I was born here, so that makes me:[/COLOR][/B]
[birthday/age]

[B][COLOR="Color"]When love is on my mind:[/COLOR][/B]
[sexuality]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My path to enlightenment:[/COLOR][/B]
[Role here, are you a shadow, human, one who can experience the dark hour, etc]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My basic stats are:[/COLOR][/B]
[give an overview of your character: height, weight, build, hair, eye, tattoo, piercing etc]

[B][COLOR="Color"]The good and bad about me:[/COLOR][/B]
[personality]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My arsenol contains:[/COLOR][/B]
[if you have any weapons or such]

[B][COLOR="Color"]My second natureis quite the mystery:[/COLOR][/B]
[any powers or abilities. Normal humans delete this section.]

[B][COLOR="Color"]The raw facts of my past are:[/COLOR][/B]
[bio]

[B][COLOR="Color"]Only one thing left to say:[/COLOR][/B]
[Extra]

[RIGHT][B][COLOR="Color"]The music of my life: [/COLOR][/B]
[character theme.][/RIGHT][/LEFT][/FONT]

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 PM

Factions

Humans: Humans are as they seem, normal everyday people who inhabit the Earth. They go about their lives unaware of the dark hour, and are food for those who lurk within it. During the dark hour, normal humans are transformed into coffin like objects. Shadows will attempt to lure a human out of their coffin to devour them. Any human killed within the dark hour, will fall into a coma once the Dark Hour has passed, one they will never wake from. Humans are able to become aware of the Dark Hour, by coming into contact with a shadow and surviving a process known as "Awakening", since humans rarely survive a shadow attack however, this is rare.

Shadows: Shadows are essentially born from humans. They are born from the negative feelings and emotions, the darkness that lives in the world and people's hearts. Every person has a shadow within them, and it usually only is able to take personified form within this dark hour. Many humans who are killed during the dark hour, are killed by their own inner shadow, also refered to as their own inner demon who seeks to become the "true identity" and the only one. Once the human is killed, their inner shadow is freed from them and able to act of its own will. While connected to their human side, these shadows look like the mirror image of their human counterpart, with the exception of yellow eyes. After the human side dies, usually they will evolve and become distorted and inhuman like other shadows. A person's indivdual inner shadow can not be killed, for as long as there is darkness within their heart, the shadow will continue to come back.

Once their human side is killed however and they act indipendantly of their host, they are able to be killed as are other shadows who are not connected to a human at all. The shadows are led by a self proclaimed "Ruler of Shadow", which is believed to have once been a human's shadow as well. Shadows can take on various forms, from simple animal forms, to human like or to more demonic like. They all essentially are dark in nature and have powers and abilities that reflect as such. They are driven by their darkness and the natural impulse to feed. Lesser shadows are more ferral in nature, and are more consumed by this, while more evolved and stronger willed shadows are better able to control themselves. Strong-willed Shadows attract lesser Shadows, which later create stronger Shadows, the more they feed, the more they grow and get stronger.

Humans Able To Experience The Dark Hour: There are those who are able to experience the dark hour. Thse people remain normal and aware/allert, when all other humans turn into coffins. They retain their memories from the dark hour as well, where normal humans have no recolection of the time. These beings have been graced with abilities due to their "awakening", which has essentially awakened their inner power and awareness. They are the only ones able to fight the shadows, and their abilities are typically reflective of their inner soul and heart. If one of these beings are killed in the Dark Hour, it transfers over to the normal world. Meaning, they do not fall into a coma like normal humans, they would appear as they are after being killed within the Dark Hour. Their inner shadows tend to reflect their awakening, and become stronger as well and more determined to end their ties and existance with one another.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM

Cast

Please note, this is to start out with, and what I would like filled up first before we add other players.

Shadows

Ruler:

Evolved Shadow: (Reserved for BrotherOfDarkness)

Evolved Shadow: (Reserved for CrimsonShadow)

Evolved Shadow:

Those Able To Experience The Dark Hour

Main: (Reserved for Kiyoto)

Aware of Dark Hour: (Reserved for blueblackrose)

Aware of Dark Hour:

Aware of Dark Hour:

Humans

Human:

Human:

Last edited by Kiyoto; 05-05-2014 at 12:10 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 07:01 PM

Roleplay Links

Last edited by Kiyoto; 05-04-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Announcements

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 PM

Reserved