p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 PM

Welcome to Brumac's
Our tavern is located, scrunched, in between two large city buildings right the center of our little dystopian play. It's five stories tall, while the buildings around it are significantly taller. There's an alley behind it, and dirty streets lined with cracked sidewalks and half broken street lights in front of it. The world around is generally muted shades of grey, red, purple, etc. Not much color or cheer around.

The city, Drudge City, you can imagine to have mixed styles swaying to the side of steampunk, though allowing any kind and gadget or vehicle. This city is one of the very few where beings of all kind can come together, not necessarily living in peace, but rarely fighting or killing each other. Okay, maybe it's not so rare, but at least it isn't one of those divided cities where it's split between the ogres, or the vampires, or the giants, or the fae, etc., with constant war. Yet.

Your character lives in a dystopian world. Please be reasonable in creating an appropriate character who has lived this life. Your character needs to have a hatred (for one reason or another) for at least one other kind of being. Your character needs to be diverse. Please, I will turn characters away if five of them have the same abilities and are all the same gloom and doom personality. Be creative.

A swinging sign hangs from the front of the scrunched building that reads, "Brumac's Tavern & Bed". You walk down five or six stairs into the ground, to enter the door to the Tavern, and open it up to see a bar to your left with the kitchen door just beyond that, scattered tables to your right with the bathroom door just beyond that, and straight ahead towards the back of the main floor, pool tables, dart boards and a door leading out into the alley.

In the back left corner ahead of you is a set of stairs, they wind up and around to the first floor, where only three rooms are located. They continue winding up to the third floor, where another three rooms are located and so on and so forth. The fifth level is one room, laid out like a very tiny house. It can be rented by one, or shared by a few. Nothing is out of the ordinary here, so your character should not be surprised by too much and should know about many things, maybe even many languages.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-12-2014 at 03:56 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 PM

Rules
1. Follow Mene's rules and TOS.
2. No Godmodding, harassing or drama.
3. Pay the heck attention. If we're constantly having to tell you you missed something, you're getting the Brumac boot!
4. Make your character diverse. I will only accept one human character aside from my own and he/she can not be a lost, scared, vulnerable character. He/she must have spunk and a mission.
5. When you are ready to join, post a picture (anime only) and description of your character; height, hair and eye color, race, purpose, and anything else important to the play, at the top of your entry post.
6. Be true to your character's species.
7. Remember that we need good guys and bad guys, and that all characters should have a certain amount of hatred towards at least one other species, if not all of them.
8. No, absolutely NO one-liners. If you cannot post a paragraph, you will get another Brumac boot!

Characters

Brumac
Peri Bonnet
Kioku
Frewen
Yukiteru
Priscilla

Character/Story Updates
To make jumping in easy!

It's late evening in our story.

Frewen and Brumac are in the main area of the tavern together. Brumac is about to eat Frewen in his anger.

Yukiteru and Kioku are upstairs in a bedroom together.

Priscilla is alone in her room.

Peri is in the hall of the second floor, about to let herself into a room with her master key, as he job is to clean up.

No other characters at this time.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-23-2014 at 04:50 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-12-2014, 03:52 PM

Periwinkle Bonnet
Hiya! I'm Periwinkle, people call me Peri. It's the hair and eyes. My mom thought 'Periwinkle!' and that was that. Periwinkle Bonnet, it's a ridiculous name isn't it? Strange how we don't have any say in our own names you know? Some of us have no say in just about everything. You know what, it doesn't matter. No need to bore you with my story. I mean, there are people out there who have it really bad you know?

Oh, what am I doing? Just searching for a witch. Which witch? Well, that's just it. I don't know which witch is the witch which you know... Well, I guess you don't know. And I can't tell you. I can't tell you why I can't tell you either. Anyway, if you must know the details; I'm 5'4" with waist length white hair with a periwinkle tint and faded periwinkle colored eyes. I always wear this outfit, isn't it cute? Red is my favorite color, and my lips and nails are both always red. I'm of Fae descent so I've heard, but I'm mostly human. I don't really have any special abilities, except that one... but that was her fault. And it certainly isn't special. It's annoying!

Oh, this headband? *sighs* Yeah I know it looks like bunny ears. It's a long story. Don't ask. Well, you can ask if you want. But I can' tell. Anyway, I've got to be going now. See ya' around! Oh, you're a witch? REMOVE THE CURSE. REMOVE IT REMOVE IT NOW! Oh, you aren't that witch. *sighs again* Alright then. Bye!

~~~*~~~*~~~

Peri set two heavy pitchers of amber colored and frothy carbonated liquid on a round table surrounded by a group of Vetala. It was obvious by their snake-like eyes and how many of the group flaunted their fangs, rather than retracting them. She smiled cheerfully until she turned around to walk away. Her cheeks were getting tired from all that forced smiling and she rubbed at them.

"Aren't you going to pour them up?" she heard a grumbled hiss from the table behind her. She turned around, smiling automatically, though she didn't want to. "No," she said cheerily. "That isn't my job." In fact, none of this was supposed to be Peri's job. Today was her first day on the job. It was a long story.

"Sure it is," another one of them said, "Come over here and pour our drinks." They all laughed and elbowed at each other. Peri rolled her purple-blue eyes so hard that she almost gave herself a headache, but, she smiled anyway, like she was supposed to. She had to pour the drinks now. Peri made quick work of it, pouring the frothy liquid into the glasses with a big stupid smile. She turned with an empty pitcher to walk away, mumbling about finding some witch and pummeling her.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-12-2014 at 04:18 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 PM

Kioku

I am a Cambion, that is to say I am the offspring of a human female and an Incubus. I have no pulse or breath. I have the power of mind control, and the ability to seduce almost anyone easily, though I find it more fun to seduce without the power of mind control. It isn't as satisfying if I just take things, because I want you to want me, I want you to want to give all of yourself to me. Your love, your energy, your life. It won't hurt, I promise, I'm always gentle. You can be as rough with me as you like, I want you to be satisfied, as that makes for a more delicious soul.

I am 6'0, my eyes are a light blue color, and my hair is a purplish color? I'm not even sure what color you'd call it. Doesn't matter, I like my hair, don't you? I have some muscle, but all compact and lean muscled. If you want to know more, then why don't we go somewhere private, my darling?

Kioku stepped into the tavern, he was shaking. He needed to calm down. It was the first time in a long time where he hadn't been completely in control of the situation, his mind control hadn't worked, his seductive charm hadn't worked. Just who had those men been? They were dead now, and dead men told no tales, but they had been so powerful, so overbearing. Powerful demons, but why had they come after him? He'd done nothing to them, as far as he knew. At least he had managed to kill them, but now he was exhausted, expending so much of his own energy without taking any in return. That was no way of life, especially for one such as him. His bottom lip was split and swollen, there was a bruise over his cheek and one around his right eye, that eye was swollen half shut. There were various bruises along his rib cage and hand print shaped bruises around his throat and along his arms.

All in all, Kioku looked the part of a prostitute who's client had gotten far too rough with him. That wasn't too far from the truth, really. There had been three of them, and he was lucky to have made it out alive. Their bodies were heaped in some alley somewhere, and he was sure they were dead. Perhaps he had stolen the soul of someone they knew? It seemed likely, now that he thought of it, one of them had mentioned revenge. It didn't matter now, he scanned the Tavern for a moment, gauging the clientele with a frown. There wasn't anyone or anything in here worth his attentions at the moment, despite the fact that he really needed the energy, it was a rowdy crowd. Too rowdy for his tastes.

Kioku often came into this place, but this was the first time he came in looking so beat up. It didn't matter, he moved towards the bar, to take a seat there and order a strong drink. Something to make his throat burn, something like that might motivate him to approach one of the drunken things in the Tavern and take their energy. Maybe.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-12-2014, 11:41 PM

She placed the empty mug behind the bar and turned to see Kioku. Immediately she smiled. Not because she actually wanted to. Don't get her wrong, she loves to smile, but today she was required to smile, told to. And her face hurt.

Periwinkle's smile didn't reach her eyes today, forced as it was. It probably even looked painful. "Welcome to Brumac's what can I getcha?" she asked the newcomer, looking him over. Oh. "Maybe an ice pack?" Her smile had gone. She was only required to smile upon greeting. "I can make one up real quick," she said, "No problem."

Purple-blue eyes watched the man curiously. A sight like him wasn't unusual at Brumac's, maybe his sight in particular, but Peri was new. She didn't want to be new... It was a long story. She tucked a piece of pale hair behind her ear and leaned over the bar. "That looks painful," she added as an afterthought, more thinking out loud.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Kioku's face hurt as well, but not from smiling, it was from the bruising. When he was greeted by an unfamiliar voice and an unfamiliar face he smiled slightly. Was she new? She must have been, and she was very cute. Perhaps he could take her life force? She seemed rather youthful, her energy should be enough to heal him and sustain him for a while. Kioku went into full seduction mood, though he was sure how seductive he would look with a swollen eye and bruises everywhere, well if that failed there was always mind control.

As she leaned over the bar, he leaned towards her a bit. "I only need someone as lovely as you by my side to forget this pain. Won't you sit with me a while?" He tried to give her his best look that was a mix between smoldering and innocent pleading. Though he really wasn't sure how smoldering such a face could be with one swollen, bruised eye. Still it shouldn't be hard for him to seduce her, at least, he didn't think it would be.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 AM

Huh? Periwinkle blinked owlishly at him. "Me?" she questioned. He was looking at her strangely now and her face took on a look of concern. "Are you, going to be sick?" she asked. At least he hadn't told Peri to keep him company. That would indeed have been an offer she couldn't refuse. But that was a long story.

Still, Peri filled a bag with ice and tied the top off. She poured a strong drink into a small glass and placed it in front of him. She held the bag out. "Do you need, a shower or something?" she asked, still blinking curiously as if she thought he might still get sick.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-13-2014, 12:22 AM

He blinked at her when she asked him if he was going to be sick. Did she not realize he was flirting with her? Well, that just meant he'd have to try a bit harder, his expression fell though, but he didn't let up so easily. "Lovely girl, I'm only heart sick that I don't have you by my side." She had made him an ice pack, but he didn't really need or want it. Kioku did take it from her hand, letting his fingers brush against her's gently for a moment as he tenderly took the ice pack from her. He sat it down on the bartop, and then picked up the drink she had fixed. He gulped that down immediately. The burn felt good. he put the glass back down.

"A shower would be wonderful." He began to stand, only to fall back into his seat with a hand clutching at is ribs and a groan of pain. It was fake, his ribs didn't hurt that badly, they were only bruised not broken, but she did not need to know that yet. "Ah. My darling, please help me to a shower." His other hand was already reaching for her, and his expression now was one of pained helplessness. Well, who needed flirting when they could just use a ploy like this?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 12:39 AM

Peri did finally realize he was flirting with her. It was the brush of his fingers gently over hers that did it. She brushed it off on her outfit though. Lots of people liked to flirt with a pretty girl in little to nothing. Still, he was kind of, charming...

She gasped when he fell back into his chair and quickly moved around the bar, grabbing a key from a hook on the way by. Peri was not one to deny someone in need a hand, usually. But she wouldn't even have the chance here, not since he had given somewhat of an order, polite though as it may have been.

"Come on then," she said, standing close so that he could lean on her if he needed to. She would lead him up the stairs to the second floor, as the first floor rooms were full. "Sorry about all the stairs," she offered on the way up. "Do you need a doctor?" Peri asked. "I can call for one, if you've broken something...". Periwinkle was somewhat concerned for the charming stranger.

They were almost there. Peri intended on unlocking his door and leaving the key with him to return to her 'job'. Unless of course he needed something else, like a doctor, or food.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-13-2014, 12:56 AM

Kioku was pleased when she rushed around to help him, though he didn't let that show on his face. He continued to play the part of the victim, he put his arm around her to lean against her some. That physical contact, he could feel the warmth of her life force, that closeness, her energy was right there. Ripe for the plucking. There were quite a lot of stairs, but Kioku said nothing. He only let out a few grunts here and there, as if he really was in pain. True his bruises did ache, but not the way he was acting, they were minor wounds.

"I don't need a doctor. I only need you, my darling. Stay with me until I feel better." There was a bit of pleading in that voice, and a little bit of strain, like someone with broken ribs would sound after walking up so many stairs. Once they got to the room, he let her unlock the door, once the door was opened Kioku sprang into action. He moved into the room, pulling her with him and closing the door behind her, in the next moment he had both her wrists in his hand and her body trapped between his and the door behind her.

He certainly didn't look like he was in pain anymore. "You really are beautiful, and the only one in this place that can make me feel better. You do want to help me feel better, don't you?" His tone was alluring, sweet and seductive with just the right hints of suggestion to it. "Please help me feel better." He was lowering his lips to hers, to capture them in a sweet, seductive kiss.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-13-2014, 01:41 AM

Frewen, tall, lean, dark brown haired with a tinge of green and pale skinned, fairly bounced into the Tavern. He looked around, and pouted. He'd expected the place to be full to the brim of people to be teased and played with, but alas that didn't seem to be the case. Everyone there just looked so darn boring. He hated boring, and humans for the most part. Not to mention any kind of seductive person. They always managed to distract any of his prey away from him for some reason, and then the kelpie wasn't able to have fun with them like he wanted.

Oh well. Time to sit down at the bar. "I'll have a ..." Frewen glanced at the menu with his kelp green eyes, "I'll get the fizziest thing you've got." When the lime green drink was served, he immediately started sipping from the straw, as loudly and annoyingly as he could.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 01:56 AM

Peri would stay. She'd probably be in a lot of trouble from Brumac, but she didn't have a choice. From the moment he'd said, 'Stay with me', she had no choice in the matter. Still, she was pretty sure that he needed more than her. Maybe a doctor, or some pain meds at least.

When he pulled her inside and closed the door, Peri blinked owlishly again with big purple-blue eyes as he pinned her to the door. He was awfully fast, all of a sudden. She studied him. He'd been faking. At this close range though, he did look awfully handsome. Those cuts and bruises only made him seem dangerous, that and the lying, and Peri found it somehow, incredibly attractive...

She made no move to free herself from his grip as he pressed his lips to hers, kissing him back willingly. He kissed like he'd done it before, probably a lot. Yet so did Peri. She was so going to get fired. If she could only be so lucky... She had a hard time thinking about that now though, what, with this sexy hunk of man on top of her.

((XD Bad. So bad.))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 AM

From the moment their lips touched her life force began to flow into him, it was a very tiny trickle though, hardly enough to be noticed. That was just the beginning after all. As any incubus would, Kioku planned to give her the best time of her life in this room, but he would not eat all of her life force, he couldn't do that. She worked here and he didn't want to anger the owner. For all he knew the owner might get angry at him already for just taking some of his employee's life force, but Kioku would deal with that when it happened.

He pulled back from the kiss, gentle smile on his lips, and he kissed her forehead softly. "So beautiful." He let go of her wrists, only to grab one of her hands gently to lead her towards the bed. He then lifted her gently in both arms and laid her down on the bed before climbing on top. His every movement, his every touch was tender, loving, as if he genuinely cared for her. It was her life force he genuinely cared for, it was a beautiful and vibrant life force, but the girl beneath him was just as beautiful. That was an added bonus. His lips found her lips again, once again the contact caused a small trickle of her life force to feed into him. Though what he really wanted, he wouldn't be able to get until she was at her peak.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 03:07 PM

Brumac
This ogre stands at 9'2", which is relatively short compared to his ogre compadres. His skin is a dark ashy color and his eyes are red. He has spikes that protrude from his back, and some that line his face and hair as well, though they aren't always there. When Brumac gets angry or prepares for a fight, the spikes emerge almost instantaneously. It's true that he feeds on human flesh, but he doesn't discriminate, he'll eat almost anyone. He seems a little rough around the edges, but Brumac isn't so bad. He's a good business owner and lives to run the Tavern.

Brumac approached the man at the bar, his booming voice low. "We don't do fizzy," he grumbled. But, the customer is always right. Brumac turned his back to the man showing of an incredibly toned and bare back. Were those back abs? Brumac poured up a drink and pumped it with carbonation. Then he whipped it. Not only was it fizzy, it was foamy, and the foam was green, too. He popped a straw in it and slid it to the green tinted man. "You like green?" Brumac boomed? "We can make you green pancakes," he offered, expressionless and serious. "You hungry pal?" He glanced around, red eyes searching for Peri. Where was that damn girl?

-----

Upstairs, Peri was busy being seduced beyond her own common senses. Now Peri was a promiscuous girl herself. But she generally didn't throw caution entirely to the wind, and the first five minutes, with an injured man, while on the job? Even Peri would question this one later. It was as if he had some kind of sway that Peri couldn't resist. All of those tender touches and sweet words didn't help her cause. She thought little of it now as she kissed him back, fingers looping into the brim of his pants. She'd just help those right off...

((Feel free to time skip with Peri sleeping. I'd love to play her waking up in that, omgimgoingtobefiredoreaten panic. XD))

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-13-2014, 03:22 PM

A few drops of the drink landed on his white skin. That had the kelpie giggling a little as the few drops fizzed, so green against the fishy, untouched by the sun, part of him. "Yeah I like green. Green like the kelp in my pond." He nodded to himself and glanced up at the ogre, well he thought the burly grey skinned man was an ogre.

The kelpie licked his lips at the mention of food. "I wouldn't mind nachos. No need for everything to be green though." He chuckled a bit. Maybe he could play a trick on the bartender? Frewen tilted his head and considered the idea. Probably not the right time ... And until he knew if the bartender was just the bartender, then probably not the brightest of ideas either. He needed to get in good with the owner, so he could come back again if he wanted to, and not get into too much trouble if he played tricks on people.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 PM

(( Yeah, playing a trick on Brumac right now wouldn't be the brightest idea. But once Brumac likes him, he'll enjoy the tricking probably as much as Frewen, finding a good laugh in it. ))

Brumac only grunted a response before disappearing into the kitchen to place the nachos order. He reemerged with a tray of food and drinks and passed the bar to deliver them, grumbling something about a periwinkle as far as Frewen could hear. When the nachos were done, Brumac delivered them to the bar. The cheese was green. Brumac looked pleased with himself.

It was real cheese, and the green wasn't harmful in any way. Brumac had made the green cheese request when he placed the order. He loved to see his customers happy. "You're an awful long way from any ponds," he said in that low booming voice, leaning on the counter. "You need a room?" he asked, gesturing towards the stairs. "I can make your shampoo green, give you the room with the big bathtub..." he said with a very subtle, almost undetected, eagerness.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM

The kelpie burst out laughing, and poked at the cheese. He'd been fidgeting waiting for his food, but now Frewen squirmed in his seat. "It looks sooo good." Green cheese stretched out as the kelpie picked up a hunk of stuck together nachos. With another tug it snapped, and Frewen was munching on his meal with small sounds of satisfaction. "It is good." And he wouldn't mind sampling more of the menu. Frewen considered it, staying there for a while. He was indeed a long way from his pond. It would be nice to frolick in a huge tub.

He nodded. "I wasn't thinking of staying here at first, but the nachos convinced me." Frewen ate some more of the food, then took a good swallow of the drink. His skin felt dry, but he was more used to the feeling now then he had been years ago, when he'd first experimented with leaving his under water home. "How much will it be?"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 04:44 PM

Yes Brumac was very pleased at his customer's liking to the nachos. "My own recipe for customers," he said. "There's not even any human flesh in this batch. We charge double for flesh. You want green flesh?" he asked, suddenly realizing he hadn't even offered before. Bad business. Bad.

"A room with a large bath is seven territs. I'll start you a tab and we can square off when you check out," he boomed before grabbing a key from the rack. He glanced around the tavern looking for Peri again. The girl was here to pick up the slack and yet she was no where in sight when a guest needed to be shown around. He grumbled angrily, before pounding his fist on the bar top, opening it to reveal the key.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-13-2014, 06:26 PM

The kelpie shook his head. "Oh no, I can do without. Frankly I prefer the game then the actual prize, when it comes to that kind of thing." The other customers hadn't even made a move, they hadn't even flinched, when human flesh was mentioned. Of course, it was just that kind of establishment. The fact that it was run by a non-human for non-humans was precisely why Frewen picked it. Why, it almost felt like home!

He jumped when the ogre returned. The kelpie stared at the large hand suspiciously for a few moments before snatching up his room key with a grin. "Well ... I don't have territs, but I do have ... He leaned forward and murmured a word. "Gold." He leaned back again. "I hope that works just as well." He knew he should have gone to a money changer, he just knew it!

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-13-2014, 06:43 PM

That had been so easy, almost to easy, but Kioku liked it when it was extremely easy. He licked his lips, they were no longer split or swollen, his bruises were gone, in fact he looked the very picture of perfect health. He inspected himself in front of the mirror for a moment, then glanced at the bed. The girl looked like she was sleeping peacefully, he pulled the sheets up around her and then promptly left the room. He did want another strong drink, but just because something like that was good after such a lovely romp.

Kioku made his way down the stairs and back into the main area of the Tavern. He went towards the bar, not hesitating when he saw Brumac behind it. Though he did wonder what the ogre might do to him for messing with one of his employees. Kioku just flashed Brumac a sweet smile. "Brumac, my one true love, how are things today?" He spoke the words in a sincere voice, as if he really were lovingly addressing his one true love, and he sounded genuinely interested in how things were with Brumac today. He glanced at the Kelpie, that sweet smile still on his lips.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 PM

The ogre nodded. Of course gold would do. In what part of the world wouldn't it? He would also have accepted platinum, diamonds, hafnium and tantalum isomers and anti-matter. He didn't have any use for some of those things, but he knew people who did, and they paid big for those things. He wasn't surprised though at the rarity he was offered things like anti-matter. Beings didn't really just carry that kind of thing around in their pockets. So gold would do.

Brumac grunted at Kioku, his usual greeting to the regulars that he actually liked. He began preparing the man his usual drink while answering his question. "Busy," he boomed, setting an empty glass in front of Kioku. "I hired help today," he grumbled, grabbing a bottle of something, "who's nowhere to be found." He seemed irritated as he poured the liquid into the glass before replacing the top on the bottle and setting it on the bar top harder than necessary.

He shook his head and put the bottle away before turning back to the pair, red eyes lingering on Kioku. "You seem mighty refreshed today, Kioku. How's it going for my favorite customer? You hungry?" he asked, obviously relaxing some as he motioned to Frewen's nachos covered in green cheese. He waved some guests on as they made their exit of the tavern before returning his attention to Kioku.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-13-2014, 07:26 PM

Frewen brightened when someone new settled down nearby. The purple haired man just seemed so interesting. And confusing. The kelpie tilted his head. He knew the man had some magic in him, some supernatural to him, but he also had the earthy feel of a human. He would know, he had practiced long enough to spot the different. It kind of reminded him a bit of someone he'd once known, but that had been a somewhat different mix.

Shrugging, he shoved his half full plate of nachos to the side. "Hey, you want some?" Could he play tricks on the man? Well before doing that he needed to figure out more about him. "The cheese is great, and green." Absentmindedly, he tucked his key into a pocket of his tight blue jeans. His tank top, was of course, a pretty emerald green. It went well with his hair, and made his skin all the paler.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM

Kioku ran a hand through his hair and watched Brumac prepare his drink for him. When the other said he looked mighty refresh, Kioku looked pleased. "Ah how sweet of you to notice, I always try to look my best for you, my darling." Still Kioku had to wonder what the ogre might do to him if he knew what he had done with one of his employees while they were on the clock. He decided he didn't really want to find out. "Oh, was this new employee a girl by chance. With periwinkle eyes, white hair and smooth, creamy skin? She was beautiful, I saw her go upstairs earlier. Maybe she decided to take a cat nap?"

He picked up his drink. "Don't be too hard on her, beautiful things do need their beauty rest, it's how we stay so beautiful all the time." Kioku gulped down his drink quickly, enjoying the way it burned and made his body tingle on the inside. It was a good feeling, one he was fond of, but Kioku never drank very much. He looked at the kelpie and the green nachos when they were offered to him. "I've already..eaten..but I might decide to snack on you later, you look rather delicious." Kioku had never had a kelpie before.

][I'm going out. So I'll probably be gone all evening, going to my friends house to play video games and watch stuff, just thought I'd let you know.][

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 AM

"My name is Yukiteru, simple yes? Anything you desire to know about me, can be found here. If that is all...."

His head was pounding. For a moment it felt like his head was going to burst. He had used up quite a bit of energy in his mission, and needed a rest. His eyes lifted to the sign of the building before him, raising an eyebrow. Well...that was convenient. Taking the short wall down the steps, he stood before the door. He reached out a white gloved hand, clasping the handle to the door before stepping inside. His eyes moved to the three people who were currently already within. An Ogre, and two more human looking beings...though from the readings he was getting from them, none of them were human. He frowned for a moment, before he sighed "beggars can't be choosers" he said to himself, before he closed the door. He adjusted his gloves a bit, making sure they were on right and fully. He did not need any unwanted contact with his own skin to...well anyone.

It was not that he hated everyone, it was just that he could have done without having to deal with people for the most part at all. It would have been nicer if he could have delt with perhaps someplaced more civilized. He stepped across the floor, his boots making a light sound as he moved. He had little intrest in beginning confrentation with anyone, so for now he would play nice and show his manners. He wondered if anyone here had heard of the group he worked with. It was a possibility, one that might end up causing him more trouble than he needed. For now, he would keep that little tidbit to himself. There was no harm in that right? What someone did not know could not hurt them. Obviously, that was a bunch of crap, but it was what most people said. He glanced sideways at the man sitting who seemed to be partaking in something green.

Typically green was his favorite color, but in food it made him feel a bit nauseated. He kept himself from giving much of a reaction, but his lips lightly turned down into a frown. He then looked back to the large Ogre who stood talking to the second man within the room. He doubted any of them would know who or what he was. People of his nature were rare, but they often did get a lot of trouble from old books he had heard of. Most believed dealing with souls with wrong and dark, that it would lead to curses and deaths. People were really simple minded, but fear came in handy in a match. Currently he had been on a mission from Suke. He had been in a town a ways away from here, retrieving a gem that was said to be a death diamond.

It was located currently in his pocket safely in a box. It was black in color, and it was said to drive people crazy and to death if they came into physical contact with it. Tricky part was, if someone saw the actual diamond itself, it was said to instantly begin taking ahold of them, drawing them in to where they wanted and felt they needed to touch it. Such a thing could drive someone mad all in its' own. Yukiteru had been the perfect one to obtain it, or so they said. He had no intrest in touching or looking at the thing. It felt like a brick in his pocket, and made him uneasy. He would be happier when he could be rid of it. For now, as long as he played nice and kept out of trouble, it would be fine.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 04:45 AM

((Sorry for the uber long post!))

Brumac grunted his yes to Kioku. He might not have really noticed things like periwinkle eyes or the color of someone's hair, but he certainly noticed skin. That smooth creamy skin he was talking about certainly belonged to that troublesome and strange girl. He recalled their first meeting, when Peri had entered the tavern only a few hours earlier...

"Hi! I'm looking for a witch," she'd said, bouncing up to the bar and not seeming to notice the stares she was getting from the flesh eaters of the tavern. She sure didn't seem to cover much of it. "Yeah?" he'd asked her. "What witch? What does she look like?" The girl had shrugged her shoulders. "I don't really know, actually," she'd said with a frown.

"You don't got a picture or a name?" he'd asked. "Nope, but I'm sure she'll recognize
me the moment I accidentally find her, if I knew of a way to find her... accidentally." The girl didn't seem too brilliant. Brumac thought of all the ways she might taste after a soak in the daily soup. Her flesh looked soft, and it was probably cleaned regularly, too. His mouth had watered.

Peri had snapped her fingers, leaning up on her toes at him, blinking owlish periwinkle eyes in a concerned manner. "Anyone home?" she'd asked, as if
he was the weird one. He'd grunted. "You try the Broomsticks Retirement Home for Witches?" he'd asked her. She'd gasped and given an excited smile. "No!" she'd exclaimed, "Where is that!?" she'd wanted to know eagerly.

"S'on the other side of the city. At least an hours drive. They'll be closed for visiting hours by then," he'd informed her. "Just sit and have a drink," he'd said, "There's always tomorrow." She'd sat instantly. "You hungry?" Brumac had asked, sliding some freshly made salsa her way. He loved to feed people. "No...," she'd sighed, besides, the chip bucket was empty. "C'mon," he'd said, "Eat, I'll get some chips. You want some soup?"

The girl had instantly picked up the salsa bowl and drank it. Thank goodness it had been nearly empty. Brumac shrugged. He'd met stranger beings. "You eat this week?" he'd mused. Peri had only grumbled something under her breath. "Hey, I didn't make you drink it," he said defensively, in his booming voice. Though he didn't know, that he
had made her.

"Well it was a joy, popping in and drinking your salsa," she'd said, "But I've got places to go, witches to see." Peri had stood up to leave, but Brumac had stopped her. "You can't leave until you pay for that salsa," he'd said. Peri turned with a shocked expression. She hadn't even
wanted to drink that salsa! "I haven't got any territs," she'd said, "and you were the one.... You know what, never mind," she'd said, approaching the bar and digging some lint and a piece of chewing gum out of a pocket. How they managed to get a pocket in that tiny skirt, would be a mystery that haunted Brumac for the rest of his life.

"Don't worry," he'd said. "I'm hiring help for the tavern. You can work it off," he'd said with a sly smile. "It was the bottom, of the salsa...." she'd said. "No one steals from Brumac. You work," he'd demanded. Really, Brumac wouldn't have cared if she turned around and left. In fact, he'd expected it. But the strange girl had immediately nodded and asked what to do first. He'd grunted his surprise, but didn't dare tell her he was only messing with her. He really did need the help. And a pretty thing like that was always great for business.

Brumac shook his head at Kioku's words. "Beauty sleep," he boomed in echo. If he didn't have customers waiting, he'd go up there and find that girl himself and fire her. Well, not fire her. He was desperate, though he wouldn't let that show. He'd at least scare her. What kind of employee slept on the job? He shook his head again. Maybe he'd just eat her after all.

"You do," Brumac said to Frewen at Kioku's comment about the man looking delicious. But they were probably talking about different things. That pale green tinted flesh was mouth watering. It didn't look sun toughened at all. Brumac blinked red eyes. He really needed to quit zoning out over the thought of his customers' flesh. Was he drooling? He looked at the newcomer.

"Welcome to my tavern," he boomed in a low voice to the blonde boy. "You hungry?" He asked, "We got daily soup. No flesh in it today though. Good flesh is getting hard to come by these days," he added with a shrug.

((Does Brumac know what Kioku is, Kry?))