blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-09-2015, 12:49 AM

Iluzia

The Noaptea Iluzia has been around for centuries. It was a place of mystery, magic, the extraordinary and fun. A place where humans could experience new things, unbelievable things, can get a glimpse into their fantasies and wildest dreams. That is what it was to the humans. To those who were part of the Noaptea Iluzia and even some of those who came to the circus it was more than that. It had always been a safe haven. It was a place where supernatural beings could live in peace. Could live while hiding in plain sight without fear. Here they could interact with the humans that have long feared and hated their kind.

Now all of this seems like a distant memory. Twenty years ago the original owner of the Noaptea Iluzia passed away under mysterious circumstances. None really know the truth behind why the kindly yet mischievous half Fae half Imp passed on. All they knew is that he left the circus in the care of Adira Partheon and Alberich Pfeifer, two of the closest of friends. Both of them had been with the circus for a few centuries, the one a former human and the other a sorceress. After they took over the Noaptea Iluzia everything seemed to slowly fall apart.

Adira and Alberich closed the safe haven that many had counted on to create their own individual circuses. Roughly seven years have passed since then and they pair divided the land were the Noaptea Iluzia had stood. Each of them created their own circus; one on each side of the strip of land in the middle which they deemed would be neutral territory.

Adira created the Faina Iluzia. It is a place of light, laughter and excitement. Within the gates of the Faina one can witness their fantasies come to life. For it is a place filled with happiness and hope.

On the opposite side of the strip of land separating the two circuses Alberich created the Alptraum Iluzia. It is a place where one would go for a scare or to face their fear. It is a circus made up of your worst nightmares. Darkness and terror are what reign within the gates of the Apltraum.

Now the two circuses rival each other. Once every year they hold special performances within the neutral territory to prove which circus is the best. There are smaller 'battles' throughout the time between the larger events.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 02-09-2015 at 01:27 AM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 12:52 AM

The Rules

We, blueblackrose and CrimsonShadow, want to keep this simple. Follow Mene rules and listen to what we say. Please post proper sentences in third person. To make things easier color your speech when your character is talking and bold other character's names in your posts. Please limit out of character chat to the OOC thread. If you have questions, ideas or concerns please PM CrimsonShadow or me. Thank you for joining and let's have some fun!

The Cast

Faina Iluzia

Light Circus
~ Ringleader ~ Adira
Partheon ~ CrimsonShadow
~ Contortionist ~
OPEN
~ Acrobat ~ Asha Williams ~ blueblackrose
~ "Attractions" and other oddities (this opens the door to fantastical creatures like anthros, elves, living doll, bearded lady, strong man, etc) ~ CLOSED
~ Strong Man/Woman ~OPEN
~ Mythical Musician ~ Cole ~ Esmme
~ Beastmaster ~ Chance ~ Kilia
~ Demolitions expert/special effects artist ~
Maelia Strife ~ Esmme
~ Fire eater ~ OPEN
~ Fortune teller ~ Midori Himura ~ blueblackrose
~ Illusionist/magician ~ Aronbel ~ Kiyoto
~ Knife thrower ~ OPEN
~ Mime/Clown ~ OPEN
~ Puppeteer ~ Jasmine Opia ~ Euphonium Panda

Apltraum Iluzia
Dark Circus
~ Ringleader ~ Alberich Pfeifer ~ blueblackrose
~ Contortionist ~ Nihssa and Narissa ~ CrimsonShadow
~ Acrobat ~ OPEN
~ "Attractions" and other oddities (this opens the door to fantastical creatures like anthros, elves, living doll, bearded lady, strong man, etc) ~ CLOSED
~ Living Doll ~ Claudia ~ Codette
~ Beastmaster ~
OPEN
~ Demolitions expert/special effects artist ~ OPEN
~ Fire eater ~
Faylinn ~ ISOS Duke
~ Fortune teller ~ Nex ~ Kiyoto
~ Illusionist/magician ~ Wraist’lyn Drayth ~ Esmme
~ Knife thrower ~
Zella Ostiarius ~ CycloneKira
~ Mime/Clown ~
Genevieve Orchard ~ Euphonium Panda
~ Puppeteer ~
Klaus Liore ~ Kiyoto

Neutral Parties
~ Doctor/Heal ~ Chen ~ CycloneKira
~ Pfiefer's Assistant ~ Katrina ~ blueblackrose

**You may play up to three characters. Also if there is a position not listed that you'd like to play just post here asking CrimsonShadow and me and we will let you know.**

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-23-2015 at 11:11 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 AM

Role Call

Faina Iluzia

Lady Adira the RingmasterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow

Username: CrimsonShadow
Character Name: Adira (Ah-dir-ah) Partheon
Nickname(s): Adi (Ah-di)

Age you appear to be: 26
Real age: Centuries
Species: Sorceress
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 140 pounds
Hair: Fiery Red, wavy and falls to her mid waist
Eyes: Glowing blue
Other attributes: Ruby lips, golden skin. Adira has two markings on her face, they’re both cracks of light under her skin (see picture). These are the marks of a light sorceress. A dark would have black cracks. When she uses dark magic the start to turn black.

Circus you belong to: Faina
Why you chose the Light circus: I am the leader of the light because that is my nature. Though at times my soul may have darkness, I am always with the light.
How long you have been at the circus: Centuries, I was with the original before it was split in two.
Stage name: Lady Adira
Your act: I am the Ringleader

Personality: I’m told that I am motherly and extremely nice. My core is filled with steel, it’s the perfect balance for a leader. Strong but bending. There are times where the darkness inside of me tries to take over, but I have become very adept at resisting it.
Powers/Skills: Sorcery, has the power to conjure up magic. Mainly uses light but can use dark magic.
Bio: When I was young my mother wanted me to be the greatest light/dark sorceress of all time. So I trained and trained and trained. Soon though I became hateful and annoyed and I left. She didn’t treat me like her child, she used me for her own gain.
This is where my life totally changed, I joined the Noaptea Iluzia, a circus. This is also the place I met my best friend, Alberich Pfeifer. The two of us were the best of friends. I could finally be myself and study my magic how I wanted to study it. Sure I could use dark magic but I didn’t like it, light has always been my favorite. For centuries everything was perfect. I had a real family, a place that was safe and it was home. I had an amazing best friend and mentor.
Of course it all had to chance.
The owner, the parent I never really had and my mentor, died. He left the circus to Alberich and I. We did good for awhile but I started to notice something, something that I had been ignoring for a long time. Alberich was dark, to dark. Our very natures were clashing against each other. Something big finally happened and we split the circus in two. Noaptea Iluzia is no more. Now there is Faina, the light circus and Apltraum, the dark.

Other: I have a panther that follows me everywhere. His name is Euriphuim and he is my best friend.

Angelique the AcrobatX

Username: blueblackrose
Character Name: Asha Williams
Nickname(s): Angel

Age you appear to be: 21
Real age: 886
Species: Fallen Angel
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 136 lbs
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Crimson
Other attributes: Silver wings on my back and fangs. I have feather (similar to Alberich's feather marking) branded onto my lower back.

Circus you belong to: Light
Why did you choose the light circus?: I don't like Alberich Pfiefer and Wraist’lyn Drayth, those two give me the creeps. Also the old owner he told me to always look towards the light. It would guide me down the right path.
How long you have been at the circus: Since the old owner found me. So a few centuries.
Stage name: Angelique
Your act: Acrobat

Personality: I am quiet, caring and usually passive. I would much rather try to talk things out then fight. I enjoy helping others. Also I'm very loyal to those I consider friends or family.
Powers/Skills: Other than flying I can control the air around me.I can create and control fire. Also I'm able to hide my presence (become invisible). I'm good at dancing, gymnastics and acrobatics as well as cooking, sewing and designing costumes.
Bio: Really I can't tell you much about my past as most of it is a mystery even to me. Especially anything that happened before I stumbled into the Noaptea Iluzia. I was lost and alone. The old owner took me in and treated me like I was his daughter. I'm grateful to him and miss him very much. When the circus was taken over by Adira and Alberich I had my reservations about even staying, but I consider Adira family. So I stayed for her and some of the others. When things fell apart and things split I followed Adira.

Before Asha found the Noaptea Iluzia she was wandering lost and alone after having fallen from grace. Originally she was a guardian angel. She was diligent and watched over her charges with care. She loved the creatures of the Earth. They were so full of life, promise and hope. Before she became a fallen angel one of her charges had been a small boy of only six years of age. The boy needed someone to watch over him badly as his mother died giving birth to him and afterwards his father took to drinking. The man was evil blaming the child for the death of his wife. He would beat the boy and abuse him. Asha had promised to always take care of the boy, but her promise was broken when she left the boy to check on one of her other charges. Upon her return she found the boy's mangled body lying in the corner of his room. His father had returned home before she got back and in his drunken fit of anger beat the child to death. The sight caused the angel to break. Losing herself to anger and hate she sought out the boy's father and killed him. For her crime she was cast out of heaven, left to wander the Earth with no memories of her life as an angel. As for how she joined the circus only a few know what really happened that night she stumbled upon the Noaptea Iluzia. It's also something she doesn't talk about.
Other: Lately I've been feeling strange. My powers have also been a little whacky. This has never happened before and truthfully I'm a bit frightened by it.

Daiva the Fortune TellerX

Character Name: Himura Midori
Nickname(s): Rei

Age you appear to be: 28
Real age: 28? I rather leave people to wonder.
Species: Human goddess (I was human until the goddess Benzaiten blessed me with her powers)
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 113 lbs
Hair: Raven
Eyes: Lavender
Other attributes: Star shaped tattoo under my left eye and crescent shaped scar on my left thigh a couple inches above the knee. Also has numerous scars and burn marks on her body, but most are covered by her clothing or go unnoticed due to her hiding them with her magic.

Why did you choose the light circus?: Really I rather linger within the space between the light and the darkness. If I have to choose then I will choose the light. I've had enough of the darkness. I know the darker side of life. It is the place where hope goes to parish and dreams turn into nightmares.
How long you have been at the circus: 5 years
Stage name: Daiva
Your act: Fortune Teller/Psychic

Personality: Distant, leery, appears to be aloof at times, stubborn, reserved, and deep down has a gentle side and a good heart.
Powers/Skills: Thanks to the goddess, Benzaiten, I have a wealth of psychic abilities not that I really wanted more than what I already possessed before meeting the goddess. My psychic abilities include aura reaing, astral projection, clairvoyance, death-warning, energy medicine, mediumship, precognition, psychometry, retrocognition, scrying, and telepathy. I also gained some magic abilities as well being able to create illusions to an extent and form master/servant contracts with up to three people.
Bio: My past is none of your business. It shall remain a mystery unless I deem you worthy enough.

In more resent history on my travels with Ciaran in search of a certain person we came across the two circuses. Both of them wondrous places, but the Faina Iluzia just called to me. I've been in the darkness before and it is not a place I wished to return. Though the light isn't exactly where I want to be either. The circus seemed like a good place for us to stay and see what we could learn. Maybe finally be able to get some leads on the person we were searching for.
Other: Ciaran, the shape shifter, is always by my side due to the fact that he is my familiar

Lilt the MusicianX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme

Username: Esmme
Character Name: Cole
Nickname(s): Boy, kid … whatever you want, I suppose.

Age you appear to be: About 19
Real age: 19
Species: Faun
Height: 5’3” – a small thing
Weight: 110lbs
Hair: White hair; extremely soft and obviously unkempt
Eyes: Gray eyes, wide pupils
Other attributes: Cole has the ears and antlers of a stag, though is otherwise human in features. He is small, soft, and generally a human personification of the animal he represents.

Why did you choose the light circus?: My mother and I came across the light circus together. I joined because I am not suited for the dark – I hated it there. It was … really frightening.
How long you have been at the circus: For the last four years.
Stage name: Lilt
Your act: Attraction – he is a musician as well as an oddity.

Personality: I am soft, gentle, and caring. I’m a compassionate individual that relies on the company of others. I’m terrified of being alone, and anything dark brings me close to panic. I’m jumpy, all too trusting, and easy to startle. I … have these moments where people think I’m crazy. My memories are broken, and on occasion the return in shards.
Powers/Skills: I am a good … hider? How do you say that? I hide well. In fact, most people don’t notice my presence even when I’m sitting right beside them. I’m easily forgotten, easily overlooked, and don’t draw attention to myself. How else do you think fauns survived the human world?
Bio: My mother gave birth to me in the wilds. We were alone by then. She was a strong woman, and did what she could to provide for the two of us. We survived until we came across humans. Trying to stay near the edges of town for food and supplies, my mother got too close. I was so young, I didn’t understand what was happening. My curiosity nearly got us killed. We were chased from the town, and hunted for weeks.

First, we came across the dark circus. It became apparent very quickly to us that it was not the place to linger. It took longer than it should have to leave. When we did head to neutral ground, my mother was showing signs of sickness.

When we came across the circus, my mother and I eagerly joined the light circus. When I was about 15, my mother became deathly ill. She disappeared suddenly. Since then, I have feared the dark. No one understands – they can’t. I won’t explain what I saw, and neither will I relive the events.

Wraist’lyn Drayth, the illusionist for the dark circus, terrifies me. He had something to do with my mother’s …. No. I can’t. I can’t talk about this. The memories … hurt.
I have always stayed with the light. I was drawn to the people on that side, and will always be there with them.

I spend a lot of time around the females of the group - namely because I enjoy their company. Not in the "I like women" sort of company, but because I love their presence. Their voices are softer, and they're ... warmer?

Other: I am drawn to kindness, and even the pain of others. If someone is in pain, I want to help them. That’s all I want. Even if people will forget me, it doesn’t matter as long as I helped. I want to do something good with my life.

Glitch the Demolitionist and Special Effects ArtistX

Quote:

Character Name: Maelia Strife [May-lee-uh Strife]
Nickname(s): Mad Maeli, Mae

Real age: 48
Species: Cyborg
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 213lbs – mechanical pieces are heavy, alright?
Hair: Pale blonde hair; wavy and shoulder length
Eyes: Blue eyes
Other attributes: Mae has various scars and metalic additions to her form. The most notable ones include the large scar over her heart and the spinal attachments moving up the middle of her back like scales.

Why did you choose the light circus?: I was looking for work, and found it as the demolitionist and special effects artist for Faina Iluzia. They seem nice enough.
How long you have been at the circus: For the past year – I’m relatively new.
Stage name: Glitch
Your act: Demolitionist and Special Effects Artist

Personality: I’m curious, bold, and often prone to getting carried away with my work. I’m not anti-social, but I don’t like to be pulled away from my mechanics. I relate more to the machines than other people, and often act either bitter or sarcastic until I’m left alone. Beneath that, though, I’m a hopeless romantic. You just have to … well, get past that outer cactus shell of prickles and burrs.
Powers/Skills: I can be mortally wounded and still survive – for the most part. Pain is still there, but I can ignore it better than most. I can’t be poisoned, don’t get sick, and don’t feel the elements.
Bio: I used to be a mechanic. Just a mechanic. It wasn’t that bad – I had my own garage, did whatever work I wanted, and was praised for it. Then a gang took over the town. Things went downhill. Everyone went into hiding, and the good people either left if they were smart or killed off. My family left, but I was dedicated to staying. My little brother stuck around with me.

My brother was lost to the gang defending me. He tried to keep them away from my garage and keep them from finding my mechanics. He lost his life, and I lost any desire to stay in the city. I left my work behind, but only after wiring myself with much of it. I brought a mechanical creature with me. My brother named him Grimm. It’s this mechanical dragon of sorts – small, though. I keep Grimm with me all the time for his sake.

I came across the light circus as I was struggling for a job. They accepted me as their special effects artist, and I gladly accepted. Here’s to another good year, yes?

Other: Cole has taken a liking to me, though I think it’s just that he likes all the girls. He’s annoying as all get out with his lurking. I hate water. I love food. I like blowing things up. Oh, I really enjoy watching things explode – even if it’s just special effects. I’m good at what I do.

Kizton the Beast MasterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilia

Username: Kilia
Character Name: Chance
Nickname(s): Chase

Age you appear to be: 23
Real age: 453
Species: Shapeshifter
Height: Six foot seven inches
Weight: two hundred and twenty-three pounds of sheer muscles
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Amber
Other attributes: has several faint scars, a tattoo over his heart

Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: Because I need to be good....to keep that dark side of me to be kept in check....
How long you have been at the circus: on and off for several years so it is hard to keep track of it
Stage name: Kizton
Your act: beast master

Personality: Adaptable, tactile, creative, and playful. Prides himself on his grace, creativity and ability to learn new techniques or systems easily. Easily able to improvise and has a natural gut instinct that he can always trust. He lives life a day at a time, and tend to avoid long term goals and planning. At heart he is a true performer, with a deep need to channel his creativity and natural playfulness through a medium in which others can view and appreciate. This may make him a brilliant actor or painter, or maybe just the life of the party.
Powers/Skills: Can speak with animals, and change into any animal form he wishes
Bio: He is constantly struggling with his past and tends to keep it to himself. Though occasionally he would allow someone into his life and allow them to know about his past.

Eros the IllusionistX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto

Username: Kiyoto
Character Name: Aronbel
Nickname(s): Bel

Age you appear to be: Eighteen
Real age: Eighteen
Species: Human Vessel
Height: Six feet, one inch
Weight: 135lbs
Hair: Blond, nearly white
Eyes: Blue like water
Other attributes: I have a Seal upon my back, due to my line of work. Other than that, not a scar upon my body..odd.. I have fair skin, and rather unagreable hair. I am lean and lengthy in type, though an active lifestyle leaves me in good shape. My muscles are not overpowering, which is good to me.

Circus you belong to: Faina Iluzia
Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: I wanted to see the world, adventure simple as that. Surrounding myself with light, is also a far better choice for everyone.
How long you have been at the circus: For about a year now.
Stage name: Eros
Your act: I am a master of magic and illusions.

Personality: I am quite simply, a complete contradiction of everything. I would like to think of myself as chivalrous and a knight, I am one to stand up for the little people indeed. I can not stand those who would seek out other's pain or use them for their own use. Honor is certainly a thing for me. I have been called at times flamboyant, is it so bad to be in touch with your natural or more delecate side? At the same time, I have an inquenchable thirst for adventure. I am one to love nature, rushing off into the unknown for the love and thrill of excitement and a challenge. At the same time, I detest remaining dirty for long, though in the heat of the moment, it does not phase me. I am kind and humble, while being bold and outspoken. My mouth tends to at times get me into trouble. Up beat and always ready to get going, I am full of energy a lot of the time. I am an open and closed book, someone that many can not figure out, though they have indeed tried.

Powers/Skills: Simplest one to begin with of course, is my ability of Magic. I am highly skilled within it, I can cast white and dark magic…time magic and more. One thing I refuse to do, is dabble in life magic, also known as Necromatic magic or Necromancy… It is a taboo that holds a higher price for me. Another power, is the reason that I am a vessel… I house the demon of destruction and chaos Orthros within me. His power amplifies my magic, as well as gives me the ability to use a dark chaos magic or energy. I tend to refrain from using this unless in the most dire circumstances. The reason for this, is due to the pull of Orthros within me. He is influenced and drawn more by darkness, so I keep myself more around light. I also have another thing I should mention...it is not really a power, by I carry with me a black leather bound book with silver trimming. The book is known as the Scry. It is basically a magical ensiclopedia. Any information one needs, weather it be a spell or even non magic related, can be summoned in its pages. I have the ability to...speak with the Scry you may say, I can understand it on a deeper level, which sadly at times might make others believe I am talking to myself. The Scry has a few tallents of its own, able to move about on its own, and can generate a sheild to protect itself. At the same time, since the Scry is bound to and belongs to me, those who try to read from it without my will, will see nothing but blank pages.

Bio: I was chosen to be the Vessel before I was born. It was said to be have chosen by the one before me, they having felt something within me. I gained the soul of Orthros as a baby, in order to allow it to adjust and grow with me. During the beginning of my life, I was kept under heavy watch and guidance, better to keep me out of danger I suppose. There were always conflicted views about the Vessel, some seeing it as a great honor and duty to the world, while others feared the holder of the demon dog believing they should be locked up and kept in chains. I never pitied myself, or looked to this task given to me as a hinderance. I view it more as a challenge and an adventure within itself. I refuse to let it hold me back, or to allow the fear of others to dictate me. If some had their way, they would be out living their lives, while I was locked inside a cage. Sorry, but I could never have sat still that long...and I didn't.

Lets just say I have always been a rebellious one, for I often slipped out to see the world around the temple and the city. The sages who raised me taught me how to control my magic. I was always strong at it, completing spells that took others years to master with ease in my youth. They could see that from a young age, I would not be an easy one to control or keep down. I wanted to do more than remain where I was, I craved to see what was beyond my field of view. I wanted to see the world, meet new people. So, at the age of sixteen, I left the temple and set off. I refused to take the sages with me, wishing to do this with my own power. So after some travelling, I came upon this light circus. It was just the thrill and fun I was looking for. The ringmaster saw the potential in me, and after some communication, allowed me to remain with them. Thus I began to use my tallents for the pleasure of the masses, while seeing more than I ever have, and having one hell of a time doing it.

Other: I love playing the flute, such a light and beautiful instrument, I will often be found playing it for fun. The music tends to reflect my mood.

Jasmine Tea the PuppeteerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonium Panda

Username: Euphonium Panda
Character Name: Jasmine Opia
Nickname(s): None

Age you appear to be: 16
Real age: 168
Species: Love Sprite
Height: 4'1"
Weight: 89
Hair: Long very pale pink, reaching to her legs.
Eyes: Pink
Other attributes: She has a two birthmarks on her back, each in the shape of a wing, they fall right where her own wings go when they are drawn. She also has a garter tattoo on her left leg.

Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: Jasmine stumbled upon the circus one day, and wanted nothing more than join when she first saw it. After practicing her arts, she sought out the circus in order to request joining.
How long you have been at the circus: She's only just begun.
Stage name: Jasmine Tea the Puppeteer
Your act: Puppeteer

Personality: She's very bubbly and bright, and finds it very easy to make friends. She'll very often seek out any feeling of unease and try to help solve the problem. She's very easily hurt by words, and will often take stuff personally.
Powers/Skills: Jasmine has the ability to sense emotions, good an bad, and is particularly sensitive to the bad ones. She can also form wings anytime she wants, and move them to do anything and change form within limitations to staying within size and location.
Bio: Jasmine was born and raised to spread love, and has always taken this duty seriously. For a while she was able to stay around humans, and was easily loved by all of them, so she never had to worry about hiding. One day she made the mistake of showing herself to an undesiring human, and felt her services were no longer wanted. She came across the light circus on her 160th birthday, and loved everything about it, and the way that it was so magical. She felt this was her chance to make people happy again, and immediately started to train. She made a living as a street performer for eight years, and finally felt that she was able to join. Now she seeks to be a part of the light circus family.
Other: She wears her heart on her sleeve, and hides almost nothing from anyone.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-23-2015 at 11:32 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 01:15 AM

Roll Call

Apltraum Iluzia

Master Pfeifer the RingmasterX

Character Name: Alberich Pfeifer
Nickname(s): Piper

Age you appear to be: 25
Real age: I honestly don't remember
Species: Cursed Soul (Human who sold his soul to a demon)
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 213 lbs
Hair: Steel Blue with purple tips
Eyes: Silvery Blue
Other attributes: Purple feather mark on his left cheek, it is the sign of the contract he made with a demon long ago.

Circus you belong to: Dark
Why did you choose the dark circus?: Why you ask? Such a silly question. I choose the dark circus because I am it's creator.
How long you have been at the circus: Too long to try remembering. If you must know it's been centries.
Stage name: Master Pfeifer
Your act: Ringmaster

Personality: One might describe me as distant, cold and dark. I am all of those and much more. Yes, I do keep to myself and don’t let others close. Trust is foolish. I much prefer being the mysterious type.
Powers/Skills: I am able to control and manipulate people and animals through music whether I am using an instrument or singing. If a person is weak willed and/or weak minded I can manipulate them with mere suggestions. I also have a life-sized doll of my dearly departed lover, Freja, that I can control as well.
Bio: You want to know about me? This is rather annoy since all you really need to know is that I am the ringmaster of the Apltraum Iluzia and what I say goes.

My past isn't pretty and nothing to be proud of. Once upon a time I was just a normal human, a man who was deeply in love with a beautiful young woman. We had been courting for few years. We were happy, so very happy. I purposed to her on the night of the blue moon. I felt like the luckiest man alive when Freja said yes. It wasn't long after that that the woman I loved grew ill. Nothing the healer did worked and she grew weaker by the day. Unsure what to do I went in search of a woman said to be able to heal any sickness or injury no matter how sever.

It took several weeks, but I was able to find the woman. She promised to cure my beloved, but for a price. At the time it didn’t matter what the cost was as long as Freja was healthy again and we could live together happily. When we reached my darling she was already dying. I begged the devil woman to do something, to save her. She began a strange ritual and half way through it Freja passed. I broke, pleading for the woman to bring my beloved back to me. She didn’t hesitate to agreeing, but in return she wanted my soul. I agreed as I had nothing else to lose if it didn’t work. What a fool I was. She did as she said, but turned my darling into a doll. I was left cursed, but gained the powers I needed to bring the doll of Freja to life. Fate is a cruel thing and life is bittersweet.

That was all centuries ago. While wandering lost we stumbled upon the Noaptea Iluzia. The leader took us in. He was a good man, someone who could see past the damage, I suppose one might say. Sometimes I wonder if he didn’t expect too much of me. Not long after joining I met Adira. We became best friends. She never questioned me and pried into my past or about the living doll that was almost always at my side. Things seemed to be perfect.

Things changed though after the death of the owner of the Noaptea Iluzia. He left the circus into the care of Adira and I. Things were going great, but something changed. Maybe it was because she finally realize just how dark I truly am. Whatever it was caused us to split the circus in two. Without anyone to hold me back I am the master of the Apltraum Iluzia.

Other: I always carry my pipe on me. Nathanial and Katrina (Kat) are my eyes and ears around the circus. I know all that goes on within my domain.

The Twisting Twins the ControtionistsX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow

Username: CrimsonShadow
Character Name: Nihssa and Narissa
Nickname(s): Scales

Age you appear to be: 24
Real age: Unknown
Species: Naga
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 125 pounds
Hair: Different shades of purple. Tops starts out as dark purple and gradually fades to a really light purple, a whitish/purplish.
Eyes: Green
Other attributes: Milky white skin that looks shimmery at all times. Dark purple lips. Our bodies are tall and willowy.
Piercings: Right ear and Left ear (lower lobe is pierced just like right ear)

Why you chose the Dark circus: My sister and I are very twisted -laughs-. Twisted, get it? We have been dark for as long as I can remember. I don’t think we even know what light is anymore. Adira is light, we use to like her until the circus was split in two. We had to follow Alberich, he understands us. We have tempers the two of us do. We don’t mean to get so angry but it just happens. We are very slithery to, I think it’s our snake nature. Or do I mean shady? What is that word...

How long you have been at the circus: Not as long as Alberich or Adira but almost
Stage name: The twisting twins
Your act: Contortionists

Personality: Narissa and I’s minds aren’t like most peoples. At times we are pretty normal but other times we don’t make much sense I guess. I think we can be described as bipolar.
I am more of the chatty type whereas Narissa is more..stoic and quiet. She is the watcher I am the doer.

Powers/Skills:Naga Physiology - Superpower Wiki (look under application, we have many abilities)
We have a human form and our naga form
In our naga form our pupils are snake like, we grow fangs and our tongue forks. Our hair also moves as if we had snakes slithering through our tresses. In fact we actually might.

Bio: Our history is not for you to know. Truth be honest? We do not remember much from our past. I think it might be because our minds are so crazy it’s hard to hold onto things. My sister and I live for tomorrow, not for yesterday.
Other:

The Living DolleX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette

Username Codette
Character Name: Claudia
Nickname(s): I dispise nicknames

Age you appear to be: Early Twenties
Real age: Two hundred and Twelve
Species: Porceclain Doll
Height: Eighteen inches
Weight: Two-point-three pounds
Hair: Rusty-red
Eyes: Ice blue
Other attributes:I have markings over my left eye

Why did you choose the dark circus?: I am not a nice doll. I resent my diminutive size, and tend to take my anger out on whomever is closest. The Faina are much to light hearted, no one knows how to mind their own business. Thus I chose the Apultraum.
How long you have been at the circus: Oh quite some time now. How times flies. I should say I joined about eighty years ago.
Stage name: The Living Dolle
Your act: I walk, talk, sing, dance, play the piano. People are also able to feel my porceclain skin and ball joints as proof.

Personality: Generally passive, small things can set of my firecracker temper. I am quite prideful, taking great pleasure in informing anyone that will listen that I was made by Ethronzi, the best doll maker to ever live. As stated earlier I am rather unhappy with my body, and those that mock it do feel my wrath, and trust me, my wrath is to be feared. Now of course there are some within the Apultraum that I don't hate, but on principle I don't trust many.
Powers/Skills: I'm quite talented at playing the piano.
Bio: I was made by the prestigious doll maker Ethronzi. I sat on his shelf as one of his most perfect creations. But the horror I faced when he sold me- me- to some spoiled little brat. She took me home, and claimed to love me. Oh how May would play with me, and dance with me. She claimed I was her best friend. But she grew up and I was placed on a shelf, forgotten. Dusty and alone. Eventually I was passed onto another little girl in a different home. Passed around, over and over. Being loved and forgotten. Over and Over. Well I had it. That was enough! I don't know how but one night I found I could move. At first the dark magic worried me, but then I didn't care anymore. I left. Walked right out of Isabellas room, and out the front door. I wandered a bit, and whenever I did accidentally crack, I found they healed over night. I didn't want to be anyones toy any longer. The Circus found me, back when it was whole. Noaptea found me riveting. I guess I could say I was content. Then he died and I left with the Alptraum, finding I required more shadows than Faina would permit.

Glyph the IllusionistX

Quote:

Character Name: Wraist’lyn Drayth

Nickname(s): Often Drayth. It’s quite humorous to hear people attempt to pronounce my name.

Age you appear to be: Mid twenties
Real age: 696, approaching my seventh century.
Species: Appears to be Elven
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 185lbs; tall, lightly muscled
Hair: Black, though tinted with a dusty purple. Reaches middle of his back and layered lightly.
Eyes: Lavender
Other attributes: Drayth has no distinguishable markings or attributes save his pointed ears and ... strangely, the occasional glint of fangs.

Why did you choose the dark circus?: My ways are mysterious and often looked upon with fear. It was only natural that my deceitful methods and illusions were placed with Apltraum. I was close friends with Pfiefer before the split, and remain with him even now.
How long you have been at the circus: I have been with the circus for … a long while. Since the beginning of Apltraum; since before then. I was with the circus for years in the former leadership, though kept to myself often.
Stage name: Glyph
Your act: Illusionist and magician

Personality: I am … unpleasant, to put it lightly. I like to keep to myself, don’t enjoy the company of “inferior beings,” and have a severe superiority complex that often bothers others. I may be quiet, but that doesn’t mean I won’t use my abilities to twist your mind if I hate you.
Did anyone mention the fact that I seem to feed off of the negative emotions of others?
Powers/Skills: I am able to see well in the dark, and have excellent hearing. I am very difficult to unbalance, and have heightened dexterity. I have the ability to conjure illusions as easily as breathing – you’re likely seeing one constantly if you’re in my presence.
Bio: If men define situations as real, then they have real consequences. If you think someone is smart, you’ll treat them as smart. If you think someone is a horrible person, you’ll treat them accordingly. When they react like any person would when being treated unfairly, you nod with confidence in your ability to predict people’s character. The labels are essentially made up of expectations and these sway our behavior toward fulfilling these assumptions, thus making them true. I can place these illusions – I can provide objects and people with an identity.

My history is … not one I care to discuss. I struggled before coming to the circus, just as every one of us had. When I joined, I was interested in the gathering of odd creatures and powers. I took great care to study the people and creatures around me, and often ask rather intrusive questions that invade privacy.

I keep to myself with my studies, and must often be brought forth from my study in order to get anything done when it comes to social settings. Often times, you think I’m out and about the circus. No, it’s merely an alternate illusion of me. It helps keep people from tracking me down in my study. I keep my own room in a strangely protected tent – it looks small, but the inside is much larger than first glance.

I took a liking to the circus and their oddities. I was drawn to Alberich Pfeifer and his unfortunate situation. His beloved was dying. I merely watched and listened. I learned of him, and know most of his secrets. I follow him, however, and there’s a mutual relationship based on secrets. He, after all, knows mine.

The Apltraum is my current dwelling, though I would never call it home. I’d leave if there were a reason to.
Humans, by their nature, seek purpose – a cause greater and more enduring than themselves. It is similar for every one of our members as they desire to have a sense of purpose and to know that their actions are contributing in a meaningful way. I give them their names – their purpose.
A circus is successful only because of its identity – its reputation. It’s my job to ensure the circus succeeds. I alter perceptions, expectations, and views. To some, I alter reality – an illusionist. That’s because it’s what they expect.

Other: There are few things Drayth can’t fake. You want spirits, monsters, supernatural events? Let me influence your mind. I will bring it forth. When I am angry, my appearance seems to shift and alter in the corner of your eye – you’ll see the appearance of horns and wings, as well as various markings and brightly glowing eyes.

Nightingale the Puppet MasterX

Quote:

Character Name: Klaus Liore
Nickname(s): I am often known by my stagename's nickname Gale, or by many other names...some I would prefer not to repeat.

Age you appear to be: Late teens
Real age: I do not remember....after awhile, the years begin to melt into one.
Species: Ex human, gone Marionette
Height: Six foot, two inches.
Weight: My body is a surprisingly light, but I prefer to keep my exact weight private.
Hair: Black, with white in the front.
Eyes: Crystal blue.
Other attributes: flawless, pale, nearly ghostly skin. Marionette body, including jointed limbs and more solid skin. My body is rather slender and lengthy, not bulky at all, coupling with my lighter weight.

Circus you belong to: Apltraum Iluzia
Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: I chose a place I felt I belonged, it may be a tad cheesy to say, but I chose to decide my own fate and find a new family.
How long you have been at the circus: For a long time now...
Stage name: I am known by Nightingale, often shortened to Gale.
Your act: Puppeteer

Personality: I am calm and level headed. Surprisingly enough for a dark place, I am kind and warm of heart. I am a good listener, though more reserved and quiet myself. A gentleman, I prides himself on honnor and working hard. However, even I have a darkside. I can be cold and ruthless if I desire, a man who is not to be crossed. I am loyal and faithful to the ringmaster, I would follow any word or order he gave to a T. I can at times be nostalgic, or get lost in thought and memory. I have an odd sense of humor, often finding the oddest things funny or light. At times, it can appear I can not take some things seriously. This is more because I prefer to look on the light side of things. If I allow myself to be to serious or think to much on all the bad in my life, I fear I might slip into a darkness I can not get out of. Despite my standing as a puppet, I have been told I move with a natural grace and fluent movement, almost effortlessly. One would not be able to tell at first glance, that I am not human at all. I am confident but not cocky, tying back into my more reserved nature. I will speak up and defend what I see as right or needed, though I know when to hold my tongue and body as well. I am referred to as elegant, it is often not hard to figure out why my stage name is what it is.
Powers/Skills:Puppet Mastery is my main tallent, a specialized magic and tallent I learned long ago. My body is also made of a light but incredibly durable material. This means, I can use myself as a shield if need be, without being damaged. If I am, I can easily fix myself with my abilities. My lighter body allows me to be more agile and fast than others, as well as physically stronger. I am able to handle more physically, more strain than many others as well. I am unable to age, since I am a puppet. Things like pain, poisons, and physical needs do not bother me. I have the power of Anatomical Liberation, and am able to use Regeneration upon my puppet body.
Bio: I used to be a normal living being. The son of a powerful magic weilder, who spent his time as a puppet master. He taught me all he knew, how to make them, how to work with them...from the very simple, to puppets and works of art that could take years to make. We lived a simple but quaint life. Unfortunately, my life was cut short when I was attacked on my way home late one night. I was badly hurt, something I would not heal from. In a last effort to save me, my father bound my soul to his greatest creation. A very handsome and beautiful work of art he had speant most of his life working on. Infused with magic and my soul, the body came to life. I was reborn if you will. However, for creating a great sin and taboo of messing with the balance and life, my father was cursed and fell ill.

An illness nothing could fix. With the last time of his life, he taught me how to use the magic that now flowed through me. He taught me how to become more than I could ever have imagined. However, he eventually passed, and I was left on my own.... People feared me, something unnatural and that symbolized a great wrong. I was forced from my home, left to wander alone. After years of going from here to there, keeping to the shadows and from people, I happened upon a circus. There I met a man, someone who did not treat me like a freak or something that should not exist. For once, I began to feel like I belonged. I vowed to protect this place and people, as well as to remain here to serve the man who had in a sense saved me. That meant, that I became part of his circus, I became the puppetmaster for the dark circus. I finally found a home.

Other: His physical body may seem indestructable and powerful, but hidden within is the most vulnerable part of him. His soul resides within, as a Orb. If it is destroyed, he will die. If it is separated from his body, whoever holds the soul gains control over his body like a puppet. His soul holding a connection with it, they need only speak the command through his soul, and his body will move. Being alone for many years, he also created himself a twin "sister", who he often uses within his act. She does not have a soul, and is a mere puppet, but he is fond and protective of her.

Nexus the FortunetellerX

Quote:

(The above picture is also a link to a second picture.)
Character Name: Unknown
Nickname(s): Nex

Age you appear to be: Late teens, early twenties. No one ever really looks exactly their age right?
Real age: Twenty
Species: Apears to be human, but my real species is unknown.
Height: Six foot, four inches.
Weight: One hundred and eighty. Lean, and muscular, but not overpowering. I take care of myself.
Hair: Black
Eyes: My eyes are black where a normal human's are white, and the actual iris of my eyes are red.
Other attributes: I have tattoos on my arms, legs, torso, back, neck and more. My ears are both pierced all the way up, I have a lip ring and my right eye is pierced as well. My skin is lightly tan, my body lean and fit, I keep in shape. Other than that the right side of my head I keep shaven.

Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: I needed something to do. Not like I have anywhere else to go, or anything better to do.
How long you have been at the circus: Since I was sixteen, so about five years now.
Stage name: Nexus
Your act: Fortune teller.

Personality: I don't really have a personality...well not one that sticks around long. I guess that could be a personality right? I can be happy, sad, angry, cold, standoffish, dark and more. I have my ups and downs just like anyone. I personally hate physical contact, unless I give permission, and yet I find myself wearing loose or little clothing. Odd right? I can be a little loopy, out of it, to where some think I am not all there. I can seem monotoned at times as well. On the flip side, I have a curiosity about me, and a love of tattoos...yes, I can not help but love body art. I even design and do my own. At the same time, I have a thing for eyes. Maybe it is because of my own, who knows, but you know what they say. The eyes are the gateway to the soul.
Powers/Skills: Oddly enough, I am a mental powerhouse. Though fortune telling is my forte, I have a few other skills. First off, for said fortune telling, I posess the power of Divination, meaning, I can see the past present and future. Weather by touching something connected to the vision, or by visions that just come naturally to me. They can be triggered by more than touch...perhaps I smell or taste something that randomly brings them about. Through this power as well, I have the power of Dowsing. Not the most attractive name right? It allows me to find objects, people or more if need be. Other than that, my other big power, would have to be the power of Telepathy, which allows me a variety of abilities.
Bio: Nothing about my past you need to know. Not that I had a crappy childhood or anything, but really it is none of your business. I had my good and bad times just like anyone. No use in dragging them up or whining about them though right? Not going to fix anything. I left when I was sixteen, found this place....it seemed like a decent place to crash, to start over new. So, here I am and here I have been ever since.
Other: I may be a man of the mind, but I work out to. My body is my temple I guess you could say. I'm not afraid of a good old fashioned fight. Honestly....I kind of like it.

Princess Cultrorum the Knife ThrowerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira

Username: CycloneKira
Character Name:Zella Ostiarius
Nickname(s): Zee or Zeezee

Age you appear to be: 20
Real age:16
Species:
Human/mutant
Height:
5'7''
Weight:
50 kg
Hair:
Purplish blue
Eyes:
Brownish grey
Other attributes:
A scar on her left cheek that she keeps hidden using her hair

Circus you belong to:
Dark
Why did you choose the light/dark circus?:
It's more like... it chose me...
How long you have been at the circus:
A week
Stage name:
Princess Cultrorum
Your act:
Throwing knives

Personality:
I'm a polite person, but if you do something that makes me angry, you can expect yourself to be hung by the heels in midair. Or worse. I'm not nice. Just polite. I rarely smile, unless I'm on stage.
Powers/Skills:
The knife throwing is not amazing because I have a great aim. I'm actually a mutant, with the power of telekinesis.
Bio: I prefer to keep that bit to myself.

Other: The only person who could make me smile was my brother. But he's dead. So that leaves no one.

Titania the Fire EaterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOS Duke

Username: ISOS Duke
Character Name: Faylinn Orle'anea
Nickname(s): Fae or Faylinn

Age you appear to be: Late teens, early twenties
Real age: It is difficult to remember
Species: Will-o'-the-Wisp
Height: 5'
Weight: 100 lbs
Hair: Long and white, though blues reflect off of it giving it the appearance of an extremely hot flame
Eyes: Reddish-orange
Other attributes: Faylinn is very pale, her skin holding a slight blue tint to it. Her skin and hair also seem to glow slightly. She also has a soft voice that seems to echo as though it were not a voice of this world.

Why did you choose the dark?: I can lead people, it's what my kind do. Why not lead them to a place that will entertain me?
How long you have been at the circus: How long has the circus needed light or someone to guide the guests in? A very long time, it is hard to recall.
Stage name: Titania
Your act: Fire Eater

Personality: Faylinn is more of an observer than someone to act on something. Her gaze tends to appear distant, making people think that she either isn't all there or frequently zones out. That's not the case though, being a will-o'-the-wisp, the woman no longer contains a full human soul, if she had ever had one to begin with. She is an old spirit that is able to take a physical form and it is her knack for simply watching and observing that causes her to look 'out of it'.

The woman is highly perceptive, though very rarely says something about what she sees, unless it involves guiding a person, or toying with their thoughts be beliefs.

She hold no loyalties to those of the circus, even if she had been with them for many, many years. Many of the creatures that make up those of the circus are mortals and those that are not have yet to fully peak the woman's interest. To her, all other living beings move on, they have a purpose and a life to live. They are around for her enjoyment, to allow her to spend the years until a person decides to extinguish the fiery spirit.

Though a creature of fire, Faylinn's personality seems cold and distant, due to her thoughts of those with souls. When around others of her kind though, her expressionless face seems to break as she shows them sorrow for they share the same fate as she. Not a spirit void of emotion, one must simple make their presence something to acknowledge to the woman.

Powers/Skills: Faylinn has a few abilities including fire mimicry (able to combust her body into flames), intagibility (able to pass through physical matter), invisibility and spirit physiology (able to turn into her will-o'-the-wisp form). She can also draw other will-o'-wisps to her or separate her spiritual form to make it seem like there are many.

Bio: Will-o'-Wisps are believed to be the spirit of unbaptized children, though it is difficult to know whether the same is for this particular spirit. Even if she were willing to tell, who knows if it would be the truth, Faylinn would be more likely to give you an answer that would give her the most entertaining reaction.

In reality, Faylinn is not one such spirit. She was a Wisp created from the collection of Faerie magics. Unlike the other Wisps, she has no memories of a life before becoming what she is now and while she has 'lived' for a long time, her experiences were fleeting and never warranted her to fully remember them.

Since creation, she has been driven to keep a gate, a gate that would lead Faerie creatures to their homelands. Faeries would typically gather around places of high energy, which is what originally drove her to Iluzia. After the original master died, the spirit remained as her job was still quite busy there.

She was growing bored of the peace and harmony, the joyful looks on the faces of those that visited them. When the circus split, she went with Apltraum Iluzia. It was different, the energy was still there and real, but people that went there offered new, more entertaining reactions.

With her past a blur of unimportant events, it's not surprising that the Wisp has a rather dull past.

Other: Faylinn seems attracted to flowers, it could be because they are said to be the gateway to the Faerie world, though it's hard to say for sure. When not working, she can usually be found tending a small patch of flowers, one of the few signs of life in the circus of darkness. If she's not tending the flowers, it's not uncommon to see Faylinn in her spirit form, a blue ball of fire. From time to time, if one is fortunate enough, they will see the show of other Wisps gathering, possibly to enter the gate that the woman so carefully tends.

Gin and Tonic the MimeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonium Panda

Username: Euphonium Panda
Character Name: Genevieve Orchard
Nickname(s): Gin

Real age: 21
Species: Human
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 149 lbs
Hair: Reddish light brown with faint blonde highlights, she tends to add black tips and streaks with temporary dye. It reaches just past her shoulders, and stays straight unless it's just dried when it waves.
Eyes: Hazel, leaning closer to shades of green.
Other attributes: She almost never removes her makeup, keeping the black eyeliner and lipstick on even when the white face paint is removed. She has two broken heart halves as tattos on each shoulder.

Why did you choose the dark circus?: When she discovered the circus, Gin was in a desperate moment of her life, and she was dying to find somewhere to belong. The circus was a perfect place to hide her face to the world and she eagerly joined.
How long you have been at the circus: One and a half years
Stage name: Gin and Tonic
Your act: Mime

Personality: Gin stays to herself, seeming like a mute when first met. This doesn't exclude her from communicating, as anyone who gets to know her realizes just how expressive she is with her body language and facial expressions. She is kind, despite her negative look on life, and will always listen and lend help to those that ask. She tends to not complain, preferring to avoid confrontations, even when she is hurt or uncomfortable.
Powers/Skills: She has nothing special about her, being a human.
Bio: Genevieve was born to a fairly average family, an only child to a loving couple. They raised her to be respectful and kind to anyone, and to play music. She went through school staying out of the spotlight, and getting the best grades she could. She was given the opportunity to join one of the best bands available at the age of sixteen, available once she completed her training. She stayed positive and continued to work hard and improve her skills as she finished training. When her parents died, she was immediately taken off the list for the band, and she quit music entirely as a career option. She was soon kidnapped one night when she was trying to find her way on her own, and forced into months of torture and slavery. She stopped talking, and started to stay more and more to herself. When she finally escaped she stumbled across the circus, and joined when she realized she could find a living. She packed up her instruments and began her life at the circus, picking up the name Gin. She began to talk again, but only on rare occasions when she felt the words were needed and that she would actually be listened to, and practice her music again as she felt more comfortable with her new life. Her optimism hasn't returned, but she has definitely become happier while she's been here.
Other: She can often be heard practicing music alone when she is in her free time.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-23-2015 at 11:33 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 01:18 AM

Roll Call

Neutral Parties

Chen the HealerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneKira

Username: CycloneKira
Character's name: Chen (no last name)
Nickname(s): I am too old for nicknames (smiles)

Age you appear to be: I look like an extremely old man.
Real age: 84 years young (smiles)
Species: Immortal human being
Height:5'4'' (this was considered to be tall, when I was in my youth)
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair: White all over
Eyes: Greyish brown
Other attributes: I have a light scar on my bald head that extends all the way down to my eyebrows (points finger at the scar)

Circus you belong to: I belong to both.
Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: Everybody needs healing. I do not wish to distinguish my patients based on what circus they work for. (smiles)
How long have you been at the circus?: About... 50 years now, I think

Personality: A positive-minded person who smiles a lot. Is extremely calm when he has patients. When he has no patients, however, he occasionally reaches for his sake. And he is a man who cannot handle his liquor.
Skills: He is well-versed with different kinds of medicine. And although he is a little rusty, he is an excellent swordsman. He also possesses trickles of magic, which he uses to help his cures last longer.
Bio: Chen was born Yat-sen Yu to a family of top-class warriors. He soon grew to be like them, in fact, by the time he was 18 years old, he had far surpassed every other member of his family, living or dead. During his study, he also learnt to heal the sick and injured, as his father felt that to be a good warrior, you must be able to heal as well as you can injure. After growing old, he came across a strange man(Chen thinks he may have been an ancestor) who gave him the Elixir of immortality as a reward for his good life. Deciding to devote the rest of his eternal life to healing, he gave up sword-fighting in public, changed his name to Chen, and settled for a quiet life living in a little hut in the no-man's land between the Light and Dark circuses. He still practices with his sword early in the mornings, purely for exercise, so that he may keep himself fit even in old age.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-27-2015 at 12:29 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 01:21 AM

Updates and Announcements

Reserved just in case.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-27-2015 at 12:29 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 01:21 AM

Former Performers

Faina Iluzia

Glow the Fire EaterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette

Username: Codette
Character Name: Faie (Fae)
Nickname(s): Flame

Age you appear to be: 24
Real age: unknown
Species: Fire Fairy
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair: Red with Copper tones, golden shimmer
Eyes: hazel
Other attributes: flawless skin, no scars, no marks, except for a peculiar, faded thin scar on my ankle about 2 inches long. I never wear make up, my lips are naturally rouged.

Circus you belong to: Faina
Why did you choose the light circus?: Light hearted and loving, I want to draw people into a loving warmth. After more years than I can count of lonliness, I need light and love. Friendship and family. It broke my heart, when the circus broke, but I had no choice, I had to follow Adira.
How long you have been at the circus: Far more years than I care to recount. I didn't witness it's creation, but arrived not soon after
Stage name: Glow
Your act: Fire eater. But I do a bit more than that

Personality:I'm a bit quiet, soft spoken, but I'm not shy. I surround myself with light and friends. I'm a listening ear when you need some help, and a hug when you can't take anymore. But don't mistake my kindness as weakness. If you threaten my family I will set you ablaze.
Powers/Skills: I can create and manipulate flame. Just snap my fingers and a little lick of flame dances on my hand. From there I can manipulate it to almost anything my imagination can reach...
Also I have a smaller fae form. Although I rarely use it.
Bio: I like to prolong the mystery of my origins. Lets just say my earliest years were full of warmth and light. I guess about halfway between my beginning and my finding the circus, it was a period of darkness... misery. The fire was cold...
But then I found the circus and all was well.

Anelace the Knife ThrowerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kry

Username: Kry
Character Name: Meili Xiang
Nickname(s): Li

Real age: 235
Species: Sylph (wind spirit/elemental)
Height: 5'10
Weight: 135 pounds
Hair: Green
Eyes: Sky blue
Other attributes: Scars cover his back, a very distinct scar over each of his shoulder blades that runs much deeper than any of the others.

Why did you choose the light circus?: Li considered leaving when the circus split, but ultimately decided to remain with the Faina Iluzia believing it to still be safer there than out in the world of humans.
How long you have been at the circus: 215 years
Stage name: Anelace
Your act: Knife thrower. The type Li most commonly uses are Anelace daggers.

Personality: Reserved, calm and level headed.
Powers/Skills: Wind manipulation.
Bio: Like all Sylphs, Meili was born to human parents that were descended from humans and elemental air beings, however unlike most Sylphs he was born a male. This was considered a bad omen, a dark sign and his wings were torn from his body and he was to be sacrificed to Paralda, a self proclaimed ruler of all air kind. The townsfolk hoped that sacrificing Meili would prevent any bad luck from descending upon them.
Li's mother took him and fled from the town. They traveled far and finally settled down in a small village nestled out of the way in a valley between two mountains. For years and years they lived there, it was peaceful. It was a good life, then one day his mother took sick and died.
He was only 15, quite young in the eyes of a Sylph but well on the way towards adulthood in the eyes of humans. He left that village, simply wanting to put distance between himself and the place where his loving mother had died. On the road he met a traveling salesman, they traveled together for a few months until one night the man drugged Li and turned him over to slavers for a hefty amount.
For five years Li lived the life of a slave, a defiant one for a while, and then a calm one. Waiting, biding his time to escape. When the perfect chance presented itself, Meili took it. He stumbled on the circus quite by accident, but when the offer of sanctuary was given to him, he didn't think twice about joining. When the owner died, Li thought about leaving, but he decided to stay. When the circus split, he again thought of leaving, but once more he decided not to go and so he remains with what is now the Faina Iluzia.

Other:Meili does not use his wind manipulation to make his knives fly straight and true despite the near constant light breeze that is always around him. He practiced for years and still practices to keep his art of knife throwing as perfect as possible.

Catlee the ControtionistX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunna Dea

Username:Lunna Dea
Character Name: Jay’noren
Nickname(s): Jay
Real age: No one has really told us.
Species: Cat Human
Height: On toes 5’11’ off toes 5’8”
Weight: it is not nice to ask a lady her weight (186)
Hair:Blue with Yellow strikes
Eyes: Blue cat slit eyes
Other attributes: a fine blue peach fuzz with yellow leopard spots. Slightly pointed ears that are a bit higher than a normal humans in placement on the scull. They can move like a cats ears can. Also I have a tale but I usually hid it because I don’t want someone to pull it.

Why did you choose the light/dark circus?:Because I wish to inspire the humans to the beauty of the world they don’t see.
How long you have been at the circus: I persuade my brother to come with me to this place after hearing about the circus splitting.
Stage name: Catlee
Your act: Contortionist.

Personality: People say I am a bit shy, but I love talking to people once I know your not going to bite my head off. I try to keep my brother in line but he gets away from me most of the time.
Powers/Skills: good balance, heighten hearing, good night sight, and an fine nose for smell.
Bio: My brother and I have always been within a day’s walk of each other for our whole lives. While we might not agree with each others thought we do not like being that far away. I recall years and fashions that he climes we never were in so I think we may be a lot older then we think we are. But I don’t know much of anything else. I have always been the age I am now, I don’t recall a childhood so I don’t know what that is like.
Other:

Rowan the StrongwomanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo
{Character's picture}
Username: PapillonCameo
Character Name: Lavender Rose Andrews
Nickname(s): Rosie, Lavi

Age you appear to be: 19
Real age: 21
Species: Human
Height: 5"2
Weight: 120
Hair: Pale Blonde, wavy, and whispy
Eyes: I have blue eyes.
Other attributes: My ears are pierced, two holes in each near the lobe. I usually wear diamond studs, because they go with everything. Especially the cute lolita dresses I love wearing.

Circus you belong to: I would love to join the light circus.
Why did you choose the light circus?: The light circus suits my pastel, cute, style better.
How long you have been at the circus:Just a day. I hope they'll hire me.
Stage name: Something like Rowan, or Willow
Your act: Lifting heavier and heavier things, all during the course of a skit. I need some volunteers for that bit though.

Personality: I'm a woman of few words, and I love cute things. I keep to myself most of the time.
Powers/Skills: Strength and dancing
Bio:I grew up pretty normal. Took dance lessons all my life, went to public school, graduated high school ... That was when it happened. Something strange happened, some weird dude showed up dying at my parents house. I was the only one there, and I tried really hard to help him. When he died there was a flash of light, and it flowed into me.

Ever since I've been tearing things apart without meaning to. I'm afraid I have other weird powers I don't know about. I came to the circus to try and figure everything out, to get help.

Apltraum Iluzia

The Beast of Edan the Beast MasterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunna Dea

User name: Lunna Dea
Character name: Sheelatoo
Nick name(s): Shee
Real age: we don’t know!
Species: as close as we can tell… human blended with cat.
Height : on toes 6’5” off toes 6’
Weight: YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW (about 253lb but that is all muscle)
Hair: yellow with Streaks of blue
Eyes: Cat eyes yellow
Other attributes: a fine layer of fur that mimics his hair color in tabby strips. . Slightly pointed ears that are a bit higher than a normal humans in placement on the scull. They can move like a cats ears can. And a tail, DON’T TOUCH IT!!

Why did you choose the light/dark circus ?: Because its going to be fun to scare the humans who think they know better than me.
How long you have been at the circus: Only since the split. Sis heard about the light circus and had to join there, so I joined the dark.
Stage name: The beast of Edan
Your act : Beast Master

Personality: I don’t like taking about me. Ask my sister.
Powers/Skills: good balance, heighten hearing, good night sight, and an fine nose for smell.
Bio: Ask my sister.
Other:

Hazalor the Fire EaterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilia
Username: kilia
Character Name: Sirius Bloodsoe
Nickname(s): none

Age you appear to be: 18
Real age: 7653
Species: Fire elemental
Height: five foot eleven inches
Weight:191 pounds
Hair: silver
Eyes: bright light blue
Other attributes: three piercings in his left ear, his skin is littered with burn scars.

Circus you belong to: dark
Why did you choose the light/dark circus?: Because I am tired of being good all the time
How long you have been at the circus: since they split up.
Stage name: Hazalor
Your act: Fire Eater

Personality:i do not feel like sharing with you.
Powers/Skills: can control fire
Bio: I am here in this place what more is there to know?
Other: does not like share about himself obviously.

Dragon the Fire EaterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo
{Character's picture}
Username: PapillonCameo
Character Name: Everard Under
Nickname(s): Ever
Real age: Is that really any of your business?
Species: Even I don't know that. I did start out human though.
Height: 5'11
Weight: 190 (pure muscle I tell you)
Hair: A rats nest. Always messy, flying everywhere. It's muddy brown, with bright streaks of red. My bangs always flop into my eyes.
Eyes: Grey-green, larger then average, and wide apart.
Other attributes: I have this really cool dragon tattoo wrapping around my right forearm, all flashing green and blue, with golden eyes. It's one of those gold maned Chinese dragons.

Why did you choose the dark circus?: Because nightmares are my stock and trade. I tried making people laugh , but I just ended up scaring them instead. I can't do happy. Must be my weird upbringing ...
How long you have been at the circus: Not too long for an immortal, well near immortal. Let's see ... It's gotta be going on five years now.
Stage name: Dragon. (Sure is easy to remember)
Your act: I walk onto the stage, cloaked,and then I fling my cloak back to reveal the unlit torch I'm holding. I go light torches, breathe fire, juggle them and generally just have fun with flames and do my best to scare the audience. Their frightened faces are the best.

Personality: Can't you tell already? I'm snarky, full of myself, and way over confident.
Powers/Skills: Mild telepathy, fire manipulation.
Bio: Man that's hard. Can't remember much except I was human once. I woke up and started wandering the world. Found out I was a near immortal with a touch of telepathy when a guy tried to slit my throat after I cheated him out of some cash. Poker, you know?

Anyway, I got into a pile of trouble and sought sanctuary with the circus after that.

Others: I like wearing leather pants, dark studded boots, and no shirt. Why hide my stunning physique? I do wear white or black shirts ... when I have to. The shorter sleeved the better.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 05-24-2015 at 12:17 AM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 AM

Iluzia

*cuts the ribbons and opens the circuses for business*

CrimsonShadow: Lunna Dea: PapillonCameo: Kry: Kiyoto: Esmme: Kilia: Codette:

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2015, 04:36 AM

Rosie stepped from the cab and shut the door tight behind her.

"You sure this your stop?"

She nodded and handed the gruff cabbie a few bills. The petite young woman didn't even wait for her change, she just set off with her suitcase in tow. Every one of her moves was measured, precise, and cautious. Her grip was light, her steps just much. Wispy blonde hair lifted in the wind, and settled around her shoulders.

The light circus drew her eyes immediately. Light, bright, full of wonder. It caught the attention like a pretty firefly. Across a space of empty land, different light accentuated shadows and the dark. The faint sounds she could hear were different over there. Darker. Frightening. It reminded her of the feeling she'd gotten when she'd gained her unusual ability, well the one she knew about.

Maybe that was why she wandered towards the light circus first.

She avoided the ticket boots, snuck straight inside. Rosie slid under the material of one of the tents, and looked around with amazement. This definitely wasn't for the public eye.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-09-2015, 09:13 AM

Stepping from the trees the tiger stalked the area nearby before returning to the hand of its handler. Shee smiled as he looked out upon no man’s land before looking back at his sister as she too stepped from the trees. “Well sister dear it looks like your tent has gained another peeping Tom, or..” He raised his nose and took a deep sniff of the air. “a Thomasine, if the sent is correct.” Jay raised her nose to the air to take in the scent as well. Old stale cigars and unwashed cabby were the first scents that assailed her nose. Then she caught the light sent of a female below those foul odors.

“It smells like you are right brother dear.” Her ears twitched as she caught the sound of the tent being raised and lowered as the person slipped under the tent. “It will be nice to have some one new in the tents, but sadly it is a female again. We seem to have to many of them.” Shee laughed as his sister looked at him expectantly.

“oh no sister of mine, you are not going to bat your eyelashes at me and get me over there.” He smiled down at his sister as she did just that. Leaning forward he kissed her forehead and stretched. He would have to get back soon to his tent. Someone would notices Walt missing from his cage and Shee not being anywhere around. “be safe with those young men. It’s always the sweet ones you can’t trust.” Reaching out he scratched behind Walt’s ears before turning towards his home tent.

Jay watched her brother sprint acrossed the grass to the edge of the Dark Circus. She loved to watch the muscles move under his skin. If only she could find a man that was not related to her that looked like that when running. Shaking her head she dropped to all fours and crossed the ground in a loping run. The lady would not be that far into the tent when she got there so she would let the others know. Hopefully it was not another press reporter trying to get a scoop.

Walking into the main tent she took in the scents and sounds of the big top. She liked it here, no one attacking you for that slight layer of fur along her skin that made her look like she was a bit cold. No one asking her how she kept her spots lined up in her hair. Stretching she flipped over her back to sit on her head. Might as well run through her routine while waiting for the others.

Shee flopped down in the mix of hay and dust as Walt flopped down acrossed him in the cage. He liked the animals here but he always felt odd when he left his sister at the edge of the circus. Maybe one day she would get this out of her system and they could move on from here. But until that day he was bound to be found in his beasts cages napping or cuddling them.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 AM

Meili was standing, just standing a little way off from the man tent. His eyes were closed and he was just breathing, just feeling the air around him. A soft breeze blew around him, as it always did. Barely there but a comforting thing to him, for it had always been there, but it wasn't that soft, ever present breeze he was basking in. It was the wind, not his personal wind, but the wind from the air and trees outside and all around.

It was as much a part of him as his own personal tiny breeze, as much a part of him as his own skin, and he enjoyed being embraced by it. There was an ache in his shoulder blades, an ache that ran far deeper than just skin deep. It was an ache that reached into his soul, the very essence of his being. It came sometimes when he was enjoying the wind, accompanied by a small sense of loss. He had been far too young to understand what had been taken from him, lovely gossamer wings, but eventually he had come to understand. Though he couldn't truly mourn for such things, for he had never really had them to understand how profound of a loss they truly were.

Still such things as that didn't stop the ache or that small sense of loss, it only made those things a minor nuisance, easily ignorable. Meili would stand there for a few, long moments more before finally opening his eyes and raising them to the sky. He ran his tongue over his lips for a moment to moisten them before he moved. One foot in front of the other and soon he was setting those feet inside the confines of the main tent. Li didn't enter very far, his sky blue colored eyes landing on Jay almost immediately when he entered caused him to halt. He didn't wish to intrude upon her practice.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 PM

A woman slid past the cloth walls. She began t mve like n one Rosie had ever seen before. Her fur, it was fur she supposed, glinted a little in the light. The catwman was beautiful in an ethereal, amazonian, kind of way.

Someone else walked into the tent. Rosie couldn't have missed him, not with long hair that teal color. Could it be natural? After the events of the past few years, Rosie didn't doubt it.

The young woman stepped quietly to the side. She didn't want to bother the one who was practicing. Instead, she focused her attention on the man, slender, tall, who had just walked in. "Excuse me. I would like to join one of the circuses, and I was wondering if I could talk to the ringleader of Faina Iluza." She would spend a little while there, and then wander to Apltraum Iluzia.

Lavender Rose Andrews wanted t make an infrmed decisin after all.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-09-2015, 02:55 PM

Klaus and Nexus

From the depths of one of the tents, a rather pleasant melody rose. The sound of a violin being played floated out among the area where the current caravan was set up. Inside, those who were a part of the dark circus, would most likely know who was behind it. He had a fancy for music, especially the violin. A tall slim pale figure, who seemed near ghostly, with the contrast of raven hair. The front held white though, giving a sort of light and feathery look that framed his handsome features. Crystal blue eyes closed for the moment, as expert hands worked with the string instrument. Note by note, the song unfolded. A peaceful and light melody, accompanied by the movements of someone else in the tent. One might not exactly call her a someone else, for the her in question was not a living thing. Upon first glance, the two could have easily passed for twins.

Upon further inspection though, the truth slipped out. It was more apparent on her than him, her eyes did not hold any life within their crystal gaze. She showed no emotion, her face a blank canvas, unless the other wished it. In many of the dresses and other outfits she was placed in, the jointed limbs were more noticeable. The female in question, was a large puppet. The other, a male, was known by the name Klaus Liore. And whereas his body held the same joints, and more solid yet light form of a puppet, he was so much more. Klaus used to be alive, but that was years ago. He was born to a man who practiced magic, a man who started out helping people. After an accident however, the man had made a choice. He had placed Klaus’ soul inside this body, inside this puppet. A magic that was considered dark, a taboo.

Though necromancy and such existed, messing with the balance of life and death was always a dangerous thing. The world had a way of correcting and balancing itself back out. And thus, Klaus’ father had been cursed, eventually leading to his death. A shame, but Klaus had come to terms with it. Before the other died, he had taught his son to control the magic that had begun to grow inside of him. Klaus’ specialty followed in his father’s footsteps. His father had been a puppet master, a craftsman and a lover of the art. Klaus’ body had been his greatest work, incredibly human like, and now with Klaus’ soul, so much more. That had been a long time ago though, Klaus had long since left all that behind, he was not even sure if his home or the people he had encountered along his way were even still there. Now, he resided here, working alongside the circus. Klaus smiled lightly, his mind on nothing else but the music.

The beat flowing through him, into his puppet, into his sister. He had created her, some thought they knew why. Weather they claimed it was because he was lonely, or something else, he never tried to change their minds. He did not even need to touch her to make her move, nor did he ever need to touch any of his puppets. His magic in puppet mastery, allowed him to be able to manipulate the forms of his puppets with merely a thought. Came in handy when performing. It allowed him more range, more of a chance to thrill, keeping people guessing, as to how he did it. The song came to a close, and he opened his eyes. The form of his sister giving a light curtsy before standing up straight. He sat the violin back into its case, before moving over to her. He extended a hand, to which she took.

Molodets moya sestra” he smiled. Practice finished, he led her from the tent, to one which stood as a makeshift dining hall. He himself was not bound by basic physical needs or limitations. His body allowed him to not require things such as food or drink. He did not need to sleep, nor was he affected by such things as illness or pain. Sometimes he missed it, and he knew some felt sorry for him. They viewed it as a sort of curse, in exchange for eternal life. He would never age, nor would he ever die. No, that was not fully true, there was one way to cause his death, though thankfully none wished him death. He did enjoy cooking for the others though, making them tea or coffee. Standing now within the tent, the entrance flap was soon pulled across. A form entered, one he knew all to well. Taller than he, lean and fit, the male had more of a tan to his skin.

His longer raven hair was cut near to stubble on one side, while long bangs on the other hung down. He kept the rest pulled back into a pony tail, out of the way. He wore a pair of simple black sweat pants at the moment, accompanied by a gray tank top, and a black hoodie that hung off of one shoulder, hinting at the ink that ran over his body underneath. He currently wore a pair of black sunglasses, though behind them, Klaus knew the eyes that belonged to this man. They were different than other’s, black where normal ones were white, the iris’ red like blood. Who he truly was, and where he came from, none knew. They called him Nexus, his stage name, the nickname of Nex having been part of a tattoo that looped around his neck. He walked over, slipping onto the bench of a picnic like table within. With a groan, he lowered his head onto his arms.

Klaus tilted his head in a curious manner, his sister moving over to sit on the opposite bench from the other. “Pozdno noch'yu moy znakomyy?Klaus asked. The other groaned, “English…please…Klaus chuckled, “forgive me…late night my friend?” he repeated. The other lifted his head a bit, now resting his chin upon his arm. “Sort of….” he said. Klaus smiled, “how many drinks did you have?” The other frowned for a moment, “I lost count after thirteen.Klaus blinked for a moment, though he did not need to blink. Old habit. “Thirteen?” he sighed. Nexus the table lowered his head again, “hey…not my fault I have a higher mental tolerance for the crap.Klaus shook his head, “and now you are hung over.” Hearing that, Nexus stood up quickly, “I am not hung over!” Unfortunately, the room suddenly started spinning, a hand moving to his head. He groaned, slipping back down to sit.

Ok….just don’t tell Alberich” he said in a quieter voice. Klaus finished a cup of coffee, moving over to sit it before the other. “You do not wish for me to tell the ringmaster, that you are hung over” he chuckled, finding it amusing. Nexus put his other arm over his head, “yes…give me a bit, it will wear off quickly. Besides, you’d need a drink to, if you saw some of the things I did.” He traced a black polished finger along the rim of the mug, “people are messed up.Klaus sat across from him, “ah, is that why you avoid the minds of people who work here?Nexus sat up, finally removing the glasses, “the last thing I want to know is what goes on in the minds of some of the people here….especially the animal people…I don’t swing that way.Klaus laughed, “and what about me?” he mused. Nexus gave a playful smirk, “now you I would not mind getting inside.”

He winked, before laughing, “you’re one of the few people who don’t drive me bananas around here…” The glasses went back on, before he took a sip of the coffee. “I am honoredKlaus rested his head on a hand. A smile was his answer, as Nexus looked up at him. “Guess I should meditate huh…get rid of this before Pipper finds out” whereas most called Alberich by his nickname Piper, for some reason, it always seemed to remind Nexus more of pipper, so it stuck with him. He did not fear the other, more bold and inclined to say it to his face. Downing the coffee, he sat the cup down, standing. “Thanks mate…and if you ever change your mind about letting me find out what makes you tick” he smiled again, “you know where to find me.” With that, he gave a lazy wave, slipping out of the tent.

Quote:
Molodets moya sestra ( Молодец моя сестра ): "Good for my sister."

Pozdno noch'yu moy znakomyy? ( поздно ночью мой знакомый? ): "Late night, my friend?"

Last edited by Kiyoto; 03-01-2015 at 08:36 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Everard slid from his personal tent with a yawn. The muscular man rubbed his stomach and ruffled his hair. Strains of music made him smile. That was one thing he could definitely never get used to, having a musician around. Ever flexed his arm and watched as the dragon moved with his muscles, shifted with his skin. He couldn't even remember where he had gained it.

He slid a lighter from his jeans as he walked. The small flame flickered higher, swung high and large. It turned white. Ever slid his free hand through it, watched it lick his fingers, leap from the lighter. Now he held the naked flame in his hand as he walked into the community tent.

He snorted when he saw Nexus walking from the tent. He reeked of alcohol. "Man, you're really pushing it today. If Piper finds out ..." Ever looked meaningfully at the other man.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-09-2015, 04:22 PM

Jay’s ears twitched as she heard one of the performers step into the tent. She could tell it was one of the performers as the footsteps sounded like someone who knew they were where they were supposed to be. Stopping in mid pose she smiled at Meili, her body looking like a puppet whos strings had just been cut. “and a good evening to you. I hope that your day went well.” He most likely had been sleeping but one could never tell. There were a few, like her and her brother that enjoyed going about during the day before performing most of the night. “we have a…” Jay’s eyes narrowed to slits as the young woman walked over to Meili and spoke.

Jay seemed to flow from her pose to standing, almost like water as she raised an eyebrow. So Shee had been right. “Hello there, I am Catlee.” Jay smiled at the young woman and held out her hand as she walked towards the woman. “and what is it that you wish to do here?”

Shee lay there enjoying the sound of Walts purr and Klaus’ music. It was nice having music even if it might be call hunting. But then those were only humans, no one that he really needed to worry about. Sitting up he shifted Walt and Walts mate off his body and stood. If he knew the music well enough then there would be food soon to eat. How a living doll could create food that had if not excellent, acceptable tasted. Looking back at Walt, Shee smiled. He would have to feed them soon to, not that it would effect their performance any if they missed the meal. Might even add to the feel of danger for the humans.

His ears twitched as he got out of the cage, the sounds of Klaus and Nex talking caused him to bar his teeth. Animal people, I can show you animal you close minded freak. His sister would have slapped him if she knew he thought that. She hated the term freak but that is what most of the people here were. Freaks of one sort or the other. Shee and Jay had been taught how to be human by their last employer, just because he had a light layer of yellow fur and had ears that moved on their own did not mean that he was an animal.

Reaching his tent Shee pulled the food that he made for his beast from the cooling unit he had fixed up just to keep the food at the right temperature. Not warm enough to start rotting but not cold enough to cause problems with the cats digestion. It was a fine line and most did not think about it. That was why he had taken over making the meals for the cats. Nex probably thought that he ate with his animals just to keep his body fit.

As he finished the last cage Shee looked over to see Everard. Smiling Shee flashed his canines at the man as he passed by to go to the food tent. Maybe his sister was right and he needed to start making friends here. He had been trying to keep every one at arms length hoping that his sister would give up on this foolish idea but it seemed that she was not going to any time soon if she had not already done it in the last seven years. Fallowing Everard towards the dinning tent he smiled wickedly at Nex as he passed. Oh he could needle the guy but that would only cause more strife between the two of them and that would only weaken the bound between the performers.

His deep blue tipped ears swerved forward as he stepped into the dinning tent. “good evening Klaus, was your instatement ever so slightly out of tune today.” His voice had a tone of a growl under it, like it always seemed to when he was talking to people not his sister. “not that it affects the sound in a bad way if it is. I kind of liked it.”

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM

She tilted her head and bobbed down politely, instead of taking the other woman's hand. Slowly, Rosie put her suitcase to the ground and stepped forward. "My name is Lavender Rose Andrews. But please call me Rosie." As she moved, the crinolin wearing woman looked all around the room for something she could use, something to show them what she could do.

When next she turned to face them, she was holding the generator above her head. Rosie was only using the tips of her fingers, and only one hand at that.She could have lifted something heavier but nothing else was available.

" I can do this. I might be able to do other things ... but I don't know." She shrugged. The woman's golden fur was very pretty. It glimmered. If Rosie had taken her hand, well that limb probably would have ended up crushed. She hadn't learned her strength yet, even if it had been a few years. Odd things kept happening too.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Meili nodded slightly at Jay's words, and then his attention fell upon the woman approaching him. A stranger. Then Jay was approaching as well, coming closer to them both. Meili watched Rosie as she moved to pick up the generator, holding it with so little effort and with only one hand. His lips quirked up at the edges a bit, the beginnings of a light smile. "Shall I go and fetch Lady Adira?" His gaze had shifted from Rosie to Jay.

Though he didn't wait for much of a response from either lady, he turned on his heels and stepped out of the tent. He moved as easily as the breeze, once out of the tent, Li glanced around for a moment to see he could spot Adira out and about within the immediate area, before he would begin to make his way easily towards her personal tent. That gentle breeze continued to blow around him, so soft and delicate that it barely even moved the strands of his hair or his clothing. Others could feel that soft breeze, if they stood close enough to him.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-10-2015, 12:26 AM

In the middle of all the personal tents sat the largest, belonging to the ringmaster Adira. She set her tent up right in the middle because she wanted to be close to everyone, she considered all of her carnies as family. There was nothing more precious on this earth to her than her family.

Inside her tent Adira was getting ready for the day, having woken up later than usual she was in a rush. Stepping out of the shower she mumbled an incantation and her body and hair was instantly dried. Walking over to her bed she started putting on the outfit she had already picked out. Before putting on the hat she grabbed her fiery red hair and braided it on her left side. Sitting down on her bed she pulled one of her shoes on. She was just about to pull on the second when she stopped mid motion and cocked her head to the side, almost as if she was hearing something off in the distance.

In fact she was hearing a magical alarm she had set a long time ago. It was for when someone slipped onto the grounds without going through the ticket line. Adira finished pulling on her shoe and stood up. From the corner of the room a large black form got up off the ground and came over to her. Smiling she reached out and rubbed the panther between the ears. “Come Euriphuim, we must go see about the new comer.”

The two left the tent, heading in the direction she heard the alarm go off. Up ahead she saw Meili coming towards her. “I assume you were coming to get me about the one that snuck onto the grounds?” She called out and smiled warmly at her knife thrower. “Show me the way my lovely Li?” Adira had endearments for just about everyone. She was the mother hen, always clucking around her chicks.

Towards the back of the Apltraum Iluzia in one of the practice tents the twisting twins were busy going through their routine. Every morning right after they woke up the twins would head over to the practice tent and neither would step a foot outside of it for at least an hour. The two were every dedicated to their act.

Anybody that wanted to come and watch were more than welcome to, Nihssa and Narissa didn’t mind. Today both naga’s were wearing their standard leotard (on the left but in black). Each woman had their hair done in double french braids. The twins always wore the same clothing, it was extremely hard to tell who was who. The only way to know was if you knew their separate personalities. Nihssa was the chatty one and Narissa was the stoic.

Finishing up the two did some stretches and left the tent. Now it was breakfast time.

About the only time the twins were “normal” was the time they were in the practice tent and for about five minutes after, on stage performing, or right before they went to sleep. The other times you were never sure what mood you were going to get. Sadistic, absolutely crazy, dark, it was always up in the air. Something had warped theirs minds long ago.

As the twins got closer to the dining tent they saw Nexus coming out and Everard going in right before Shee did. The second they walked by Nexus the twins grinned and called out, “Hi Nexi.” The twins were the teasers of the group.

Entering the tent they looked around and clasped hands before walking over to Klaus. The bowed to the puppet-master. “O'Klaus what’s for breakfast?” Nihssa and Narissa probably had about two more minutes of being normal before they switched to something else.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 02-10-2015 at 01:01 AM..

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 02-10-2015, 01:19 AM

A lithe form followed Rosie through the tents. The youth kept himself at a distance, his white ears swiveled forward as he listened to the woman's footsteps. He would have been a strange sight - a shadow that kept himself just at the corner of Rosie's vision. He didn't seem worried about being seen or heard. Rarely was he. There were precious few people that could ever see his passing, much less remember it.

The faun's pale features were full of muted curiosity as he regarded Rosie's blonde hair and interesting features. Cole always enjoyed following others. He did it often enough to know everyone's hobbies. He'd spoken to nearly everyone enough to know a base amount of knowledge about most of his fellow circus performers. The only thing was ... they never remembered the conversations. Cole was like a figure in a dream - his features were easily forgotten, his very being seeming to fade from memory and thought before the talks were ever finished. At most someone would remember him for a few hours. He'd once gotten one of the girls to remember him for a few days.

Cole's colorless eyes flickered over Rosie's clothing as he followed her. It wasn't long before she found Meili, the Knife Thrower. Jay'noren the Contortionist soon followed. Cole's ears flicked in curiosity as he watched them interact. He lingered nearby, listening in silence and knowing that none of them could see him. Cole's ears perked the moment their visitor lifted the generator, and he glanced back in the direction of both Meili and Jay to see their reactions.

Ringleader Adira would see her, then. Cole let his gray eyes linger on Meili as he went to find the ringleader.

The ghost of a boy smiled to himself slightly, looking more interested in the newcomer. Were they going to have another join them? Adira was known for taking in many. Perhaps they were going to have a new act soon. Cole kept himself out of the way, lingering on the edge of the scene curiously.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 02-10-2015, 02:00 AM

Faies eyes glanced merrily as she observed the Light Circus and it's beloved performers. The graceful woman stood in the opening of her personal tent and watched as the performers made their way around. It felt like a normal morning. Faie gracefully walked to the mess tent, her hands softly swaying from left to right as she walked, soft foot steps left no bare-footed steps on the path. She noticed the beloved Ring Master speaking with Meili.
"Whats this? Someone snuck in? How un -unusual." She gave a polite nod to the knife thrower with a small smile. "Well usually they wait until showtime to sneak." Faie giggled.

Claudia sat on top of her dressing table a small brush in hand. She stared at the curls in her rust colored hair and sighed. She put down the brush and pinned her hair into it's proper placement. After living so long, she hated change. Her tent never changed. If something broke an exact replica was put in its place and nothing was ever moved. Claudia stood on the dresser and observed her appearance. Yes, everything was perfectly in it's place. The Living Doll climbed down the ladder and walked out of the tent.

Last edited by Codette; 02-10-2015 at 02:06 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 02-10-2015, 02:31 AM

His steps seemed to quicken a bit once he saw Adira exit her tent. There was no urgency in his steps, just a calm increase in speed. Now that he was certain he wasn't going to be disturbing the ringleader. His lips quirked up into a slight smile as they neared one another, Li nodded slightly at her words and moved beside her. Offering his arm as any gentleman would to a lady. "It's a woman..." There already seemed to be a lot of women, those words only made his lips quirk up into a more prominent smile. As if amused somewhat by the addition of another female. "...She seems very strong, picked up our generator with one hand and held it above her head with just her fingertips."

He would guide Adira to the main tent regardless of if she took his arm or not, Li walked close to her, always attracted to that motherly warmth she seemed to exude, and he knew she could feel the soft, gentle breeze that always surrounded him. Li greatly enjoyed her presence and being in her company, it often reminded him of time he had spent with another. Soft and warm, embraced by a motherly love. There was nothing more comforting than that in this world, at least in his opinion. Soon they would reach the main tent, and he would step softly away from Adira to stand by the opening to allow her entrance first.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-10-2015, 03:13 AM

The woman had tossed and turned within her sleep. Evening was finally here, but she had yet to awake. Beads of sweat dotted her body as she panted, her small hands clinching tightly to the sheet beneath her.

Ciaran had been woken by her groaning earlier. He felt helpless as he watched his friend. The shifter knew some of the woman’s past, but with her it was hard to tell if she was trapped within one of her own nightmares or if she was seeing things one should never witness. Gentle he used a wash cloth to wipe away the sweat. “Rei, it’s ok. I’m here.” His voice was soft and velvety as he tried to coax Midori from whatever nightmare she was trapped within.

Her body convulsed for a moment before she screamed, sitting straight up with her eyes wide open. With dull lavender eyes she stared at the wall of her tent. Tears streamed freely down the fortuneteller’s cheeks, her petite body shaking as she wrapped her arms around herself. Midori’s breathing was ragged as she did her best to force herself to catch it and calm. When Ciaran’s arms wrapped around her as he moved to sit behind her she flinched. “Don’t,” she breathed. The woman wanted to do this on her own instead of relying on him.

“I am your familiar, your friend. Let me help you Rei. You don’t have to suffer alone.” The man wouldn’t hear her protests. Gently he pulled her against his chest and rubbed her arms. “I don’t know what you seen, but it is ok now. No one is going to hurt you anymore.” He had gathered from some of what she mumbled while sleeping she was dreaming of her past. The shifter continued to comfort the woman until she calmed.

What only took ten to twenty minutes felt like it took hours to Midori. It was hard, but she forced herself to relax within the male’s arms, let him comfort her. This time was better than how it used to be. When they had first met when she had nightmares especially ones of her past she would end up kick and punching Ciaran to get away from him. Or she would just end up sitting there unmoving like she was nothing more than a husk. “Thank you Cia and I’m sorry.” Gently she pulled away from him, embarrassed by her own weakness. It seemed that the woman still had a way to go. She sighed before facing him, a smile now on her lips. “Everyone else is up already. Plus we have a special guest joining us today. Why don’t you go on? I’m sure you want to practice with Chance before the show.” She moved about the tent gather what she needed to get ready for the night.

“Not a problem and there is no need for you to apologize.” Ciaran watched her. “You sure you’ll be ok?” He didn’t sound convinced that Midori was fine just yet. Despite his protests she made it clear she wanted to be alone. Shaking his head he moved to the door of the tent. “Fine, I’ll leave. Be sure to get some breakfast. I’ll see you later.” Reluctantly he left to go to the animal tent.

With Ciaran gone she went about getting ready. Once finished she used the spell she normally used to hide the scars that littered her body. Dressed within her normal attire she left to head to the main tent. She knew that their guest had already arrived. This gave her something to keep her mind off the dream she had. Entering the tent she smiled. “Morning everyone. Hello Rosie, nice to meet you hun.” She moved to stand by Meili and Adira.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 02-10-2015 at 05:11 AM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 02-10-2015, 04:53 AM

Seeing Li’s offered arm Adira grinned and looped her own around his. A soft peal of laughter escaped her when he told her it was another woman. “Like we need anymore females around here. You poor boys must be going mad! But her power sounds interesting, we definitely don’t have anything like that yet.” The two of them were about to walk off when Faie walked up to them.

“Ahh but this one is different my dear. I think we might have found a strong-woman. Come, come can’t keep the chit waiting.” The group took off, Euriphuim following close behind. Soon they came upon to tent, Adira going in ahead of everyone. Her glowing blue eyes latched on the new comer. She was a petite little thing and absolutely adorable.

Euriphuim ran in and darted straight at the form everyone hadn’t noticed. The extremely large panther ran in circles around the faun before throwing itself at his feet and rolling over on it’s back. The dangerous beast wanted it’s belly scratched.

Adira watched her familiar run over to Cole. The two of them had the oddest of friendships. Turning her attention to Rei as she came in she reached out and patted her shoulder. The she gave her entire attention to Rosie. “Hello dear Rosie. I am Adira, ringleader of the Faina Iluzia. It seems like you are quite the strong one. Do you have any other abilities? Any questions for me?” Her smile was warm as she talked to the new girl. Adira always made everyone feel welcome

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-10-2015, 06:14 AM

The silver haired woman stretched, her wings extending out as she did so. Giving a light yawn the young woman moved about her tent to get ready. Asha hummed lightly to herself. Her humming stopped when she heard Meili and Adira talking. She smiled to herself since it seemed like they had a new comer. Finished with getting ready the woman left her tent still humming. Heading to the main tent she noticed that Midori was going there as well.

Silently she followed after the other woman. Upon entering the tent she stayed close to where Euriphuim was laying on the ground wanting his belly rubbed by a young man. Asha tilted her head slightly, trying to remember the youth’s name. He did look familiar, but she couldn’t recall who he was. Not wanting to be rude she just stood beside him, giving him a small smile. “Morning.” Like her he seemed to be a little uncomfortable.

Crouching she reached out and rubbed Euriphuim. “While they seem to be busy would you two like to come with me to make breakfast?” The acrobat’s words were soft, almost whispered as she continued to pet the panther. Soon she rose to her feet, crimson eyes moving to the faun. Whether he protested or not the woman slide her arm through his. With a gentle tug she pulled him to follow her to the mess tent, one of her silver wings brushing against Cole lightly as they walked. Again she was humming, the tune light, but sad. Lately the fallen angel had been feeling down due to having more memory problems then usual as well as problems with her powers.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-10-2015, 08:59 AM

“now that is an impressive feat.” Jay said as she looked over Rosie. Reaching up she smoothed the blue fur along her cheek in a subconscious gesture. Any one that had been watching her for some time would know she did it when she was a bit nerves. Then her nose caught the familer smell of the Ghost sent. Turning she looked at where it was coming from and recognized the young faun that stood there. But she like all the others could not recall his name. she had been journaling about him for some time. The only thing she ever recalled was his scent.

She nodded absentmindedly when Meili asked her if he should go get the ringmaster. Not that he really needed her to tell him it was more of a kindness telling her where he was going. “well Rosie looked like its just me and you for a few moments. Though I expect that they will be back rather quickly. Lady Adira has a second sense about people coming in and all.” Standing on her toes she stretched reaching for the sky. The tight body suit sparkled in the light of the tent accentuated her slim form and beauty. She had chosen the pale red and purple body suit just for that reason. The rhinestones tracing her body’s form.

It seemed like seconds later when the ringmaster and meili returned to the tent fallowed by Asha, Rie Midori and of course Euriphuim. Jay smiled watching the black panther flop for attention at the feet of the faun. If not him it might have been her that Euriphuim asked the belly rubs from. But then she had been around Walt recently and his sent was not one that Euriphuim seemed to like. “good evening Lady Adira. I hope your slept well this day?” formality dealt with Jay did a few tumbles so that she was not between lady Adira and Miss Rosie. Why she called herself Rosie and not Lavender Jay could not understand.

Shee watched the twins enter the breakfast tent, his nose raised ever so slightly to catch the personal sent of each of them. he would never tell them this but he usually could tell them apart if he was close enough. But when they traveled in the pack and were so close together it was hard to tell. “Hello Nihssa, Narissa and how was your practice?” lounging on one of the benches in the tent he stretched like a cat showing off his muscles. The shorts he wore were lose and nothing like his loin cloth and fur vest he wore for his act. His tail twitched from the hole cut in the shorts in a slow relaxed moment.