[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2015, 12:11 AM

To new beginnings!
A VtM RP

Featuring the players and their characters:

[Blackwood], playing Liliana

Corporate Zombie, playing Cyril

Out on the west coast in a city flanked by mountains, there is a population of the city unknown to the rest. In the dead of night they roam the streets hunting the greatest game. Tales are told of their unnatural skill and grace, of their ancient wisdom and experience.

Yet not all are so great in age and wisdom. Someone has to be new - to keep the population growing.

These are their stories.

This roleplay is closed; it is invite only.
It is based on White Wolf's Vampire: the Masquerade.

Last edited by [Blackwood]; 05-08-2015 at 11:56 AM..

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2015, 12:57 AM

It was the wee hours of the morning; those hours referred to as 'happier hour' in the commercials for the all night diners. The night sky was filled with dark clouds and nary a star to light the way. In the distance, she could hear the roll of thunder and on the breeze was the scent of rain. Lily shivered, pulling her jacket tighter against her. It's not that she was cold - although it was certainly chilly outside - but she was afraid. Lost on the bad side of town where more windows were boarded up than not and the street lamps were in disrepair, she knew that the click-clack of her heels on the cement were out of place.

She was dressed nicely; an elegant dress and heels with appropriate jewelry covered by a light wool jacket. Her curly hair was pulled up into a complicated, braided updo.

She was a walking target and she knew it.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Cyril heard her before he saw her, the steady clicking of her heels heralding her approach. He poked his head out of the alley and spotted Lily, so out of place, and smirked. He stubbed his cigarette out on the brick of the alley wall and stepped into view. "Pardon my sayin', chérie, but you stick out like a sore thumb." He scanned her appraisingly. "Where you headed?"

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 PM

Lily yelped in surprise and stumbled backwards, her hand shooting out to grab onto something - anything - to keep from falling. When all she caught was thin air, she toppled backwards onto her bottom with an 'oomph' of pain. Embarrassed, her face flushed red.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't expecting anyone to show up so suddenly."

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-08-2015, 11:39 PM

Cyril gaped for a moment and stifled a giggle. While there was a time when he wasn't so smooth with members of the opposite sex, he had never had his charm backfire so spectacularly. His composure lapsed for only a moment though. He smiled his most charming smile and reached out a hand to help her up. "What do they call you, chérie?"

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 PM

Lily blushed, looking down at the ground. Of all the awful times to be such a clutz! Still, he wasn't robbing her, or worse. What harm could there be in asking him for directions? She looked up at him and smiled in return.

"Liliana, or Lily, if you please."

She grasped his hand in a manner that she believed to be gingerly and pulled herself to her feet only to misjudge her strength and bump into the stranger. Lily gasped in surprise; standing chest to chest with the stranger and her hand still in his, she mumbled to herself, "T-that's not right.."

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2015, 01:11 AM

Cyril paused a moment to make sure Lily was stable before taking a step back. He looked her up and down and smirked. "Mère de Dieu, ti chère, how long you been doin' dis?" He paused, his eyebrows knitting together in a look of genuine concern. "How long since you was Embraced?"

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-09-2015, 01:17 AM

"E-embraced?"

Her look was one of confusion mingled with fear. Suddenly remembering that she still held his hand, she dropped it and clutched her hands together in front of herself.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir. I was at an art gallery and then.." Lily gestured to the street. "Then I was here."

"Do you know where here is?"

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2015, 02:49 AM

Cyril glanced nervously over his shoulder, eyes wide. "Yeah, I know dis neighborhood." He swallowed hard, a vestigial habit, he realized somewhat belatedly. "Let's get you outta here. I got a bike around da corner."

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-09-2015, 04:08 AM

"If you could just point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful actually."

He was nervous, she could tell, but she didn't understand why. His nervousness caused her to be nervous and she balked at the idea of riding away on a stranger's bike. Motorcycle? Probably motorcycle.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2015, 03:28 PM

"There's no time for dat," he stated flatly. He considered her briefly before continuing. "We gotta get you someplace safe before some unsavory types come lookin' for you." He fixed her with an icy stare. "And they will come lookin'."

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-09-2015, 06:26 PM

"I.." she hesitated for a moment. He seemed to know what he was about and she didn't really believe she had any other options at this point in time. It was the second bit that made up her mind. "Okay. Okay, whatever you say."

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-10-2015, 01:56 AM

"Come wit' me--quickly," Cyril instructed, turning without hesitation and moving to the street corner. Whatever I say, eh? He almost chuckled, opting instead to relish this turn of events at another time when privacy is more readily available. He turned the corner in no time and grabbed the helmet off the back of the motorcycle creeping into Lily's field of view. He turned to face her and thrust the helmet in her direction as she caught up. "You'll wanna wear dis." He grinned.

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-10-2015, 11:24 AM

Lily took the proffered helmet with a bit of reluctance; putting it on meant accepting this stranger's help and even though she knew she had to, she didn't want to. Stranger danger and all. She adjusted her glasses and hair then slipped the helmet on over her head, feeling absolutely ridiculous.

"A-alright. Let's do this?"

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-12-2015, 12:44 AM

Cyril threw a leg over his motorcycle and waited for Lily to get settled in behind him. He turned the ignition and the engine roared to life. "You ever ridden before?" he called over his shoulder. He didn't wait for a response, hitting the throttle almost instantly, and the two of them darted off into the night. Cyril grinned. He could feel Lily's nails digging into his ribs as she scrabbled to get her arms around him. Just as she was losing her grip he squeezed the brake sharply, causing her body to rock forward against his back. He felt her hands lock together in front of him and he took the next few turns a little more slowly than he might have if he were alone but her grip didn't relax a bit.

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-12-2015, 03:33 PM

Lily didn't scream; she yelped in surprise when he took off and then all of her attention went to staying on the motorcycle. What an inconsiderate person! she thought to herself, grimacing. Personally, she hoped that some of those jabs to his ribs with her fingers left bruises. That would make her feel better.

And then he slams on the breaks?! Ugh! She cried out in surprise as they collided together and then locked her arms tightly around him. A little too tightly, if you asked anyone else, but she was terrified and he was being mean to her and she knew it.

I'll make him pay for this. She glowered. Or my next dress, whichever.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-12-2015, 06:35 PM

It probably seemed like an eternity of speeding down side streets and taking corners more sharply than was necessary and the neighborhoods they traveled through looked rougher, not safer, but Cyril had chosen his route deliberately. He turned one last corner and slowed to a stop in front of what could only be described as a hovel. "We're here!" he called over his shoulder. After a moment passed and Lily's arms were still clinging to his torso, he killed the engine and turned. "That means it's safe to let go."

Last edited by Corporate Zombie; 05-14-2015 at 03:03 AM..

[Blackwood]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-12-2015, 07:06 PM

All her hopes of forcing him to purchase her next dress were dashed the moment she saw the dump that they had pulled up in front of. There was no way he called this place home; maybe he was playing a trick on her. She loosened her death grip on him but didn't let go - even after he turned towards her.

"There is no way that this place is any safer then where we were before," she muttered, darkly.

Corporate Zombie
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-14-2015, 02:56 AM

"Ah, you ain't seen da inside yet," Cyril chuckled. He stood and slipped out of her grasp to lead the way up the few steps to the shabby stoop. He fumbled with his keys for a moment, stalling for time. "I've not had time ta remodel all of it, but it looks much better on da inside than on da outside, I assure you." He turned the key and slipped inside but took his time switching on the lights as he set up some illusions. He flipped the light switch and stepped aside to reveal a plush living space with hardwood floors and walls adorned with gold framed paintings. A velvet covered couch was centered beneath one of the larger pictures across from a decorative fireplace. Straight back from the front door, a long, red carpet stretched back to a few closed doors. "Voilà!"

Last edited by Corporate Zombie; 05-14-2015 at 03:03 AM..