View Poll Results: Interest check! You down for this story?
TOTES! Cannot wait :D 4 100.00%
Eh... not really 0 0%
Maybe? We'll see if time allows! 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-12-2015, 07:20 PM

Rory was safe. The thought that the sister she had was safe, though she had returned to that darned island. If she was with someone as capable as Aleu, that made her feel even better. The thought the woman had on the creatures caused Faline to shake her head, brows furrowed. "That can't be possible though. If I can't supply their power, their door to this realm is supposed to close. They shouldn't be able to remain here without that power source." Her mind then started drifting to the idea that their species once worked together; it was an interesting concept. The Unai very rarely, if ever spoke of a wolf race such as Aleu's. The way she could handled the summons made Faline wonder why they worked together to begin with; it appeared like the Lypheion could handle themselves just fine, they were a far more sturdy race.

A forest Unai? Faline looked back up at the woman, then to the forest around them. She had never seen an Unai of the wood. Though, perhaps it was a good thing that Aleu was able to keep the trees from telling too much; it did make her wonder just how much power this woman had though. Peering her eyes over at her, she wondered about how much she would be able to learn.

Faline then shook her head about Reno, Aleu's daughter, fighting to the death to keep Rory alive. "I do not wish anyone to have to take that task on," she said, her eyes seeming to harden. "It's my fault that she has returned here and I will not have anymore blood on my hands from this island and those that try to protect my sister."

Aleu offered up taking her to at least see her sister and how she understood the bond of twins and how she had her own twin brothers; clearly their races were quite keen on producing twins. She shook her head though, slowly as hearing mention of Royal blood jarred her for a moment. She didn't bring it up though, they had more important things to tend to than what the other woman said. "I don't want to risk Rory knowing where I am. I can't hurt her more than this and if I stay away, she won't be any wiser," she said and though her tone wasn't a happy one, it was clear that she was set in that decision.

Her eyes followed where the other looked as she added, "When the time is right, I will be reunited with Rory. I don't want to make things harder for her."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-13-2015, 04:13 PM

"You're very brave." Her hand rested lightly on the Unai's shoulder. "Rory would be proud of the sacrifices you're willing to make to regain what has been lost." Giving Faline a firm squeeze, she pulled the woman into her embrace. It was a fleeting gesture but it symbolized kindness and trust. It meant a lot to know that Faline was indeed choosing to follow the wolf-woman rather than her twin sister.

Not daring to force things for she respected Faline's decision, she turned curtly on her toes. It was time they wander back into those woods and see if they could discover the truth.

"I found a spring with healing properties." Her voice was a gentle whisper among the chirping and singing of birds. "I think it wise for you to bathe in it. It might help with the pain."

She didn't say much else from there on out. From time to time, she would hiss at a wild carnivore or whistle along with the birds, but mostly Aleu kept to herself. Although she seemed to tune out the world, it was far from the truth. Instead, in her silence, she sucked everything in. She felt the earth shift below her feet. Her tongue tasted the moisture in the air. Aleu's nostrils flared whenever the delicious scent of fruit wafted her way. Ever her ears, visible black devil-like horns atop her head, rotated with each sound the forest produced.

The path they walked was unlike any others the duo had journeyed down. It was calculated for Aleu didn't want to injure Faline past the point of walking. The route was fairly easy--just low dips and hills to saunter down. Trees with vines littered the path, but it was easy to duck or climb over whatever vegetation marred the dirt trail below.

The earth seemed still. The monsters of the island did sleep during the day but it was never this calm. Noting this, Aleu cast her gaze to the barely visible clouds above.

Rroy, pending these next few days, I may require your assistance.

Nonsense. You're more than capable of handling this. Besides, I'm a bit preoccupied with other matters. Zero and Reno will be more than enough help. And, with any luck, Ryna will learn a thing or two.

You enjoy torturing our children, don't you? A small smirk came to her face.

"We're nearly there," she cooed to Faline. "Just behind these berry bushes will be a lake so serine that you can see all that swims within it."

Of course. Is that not why we had them? So I could continue being a bully. It's not like you let me push you around anymore.

I suppose you are right. It is time they learn their place in the world.

Oh come now, surely you are enjoying this too. It has been ages since the Lypheion and Unai have worked together. You're building back what had since been destroyed. With any luck, you'll reunite the clans.

It would be nice. My people are dying. We need the Unai. Their race always helped us thrive. Since they were drive out and divided, we haven't been the same. We need each other to balance things out. Without us, they lack protection and order. Without them, we lack care and purpose. Not to mention, tradition has fallen by the wayside. It's time to bring it back. Faline... I know she has what it takes to make a great leader.

I agree. But do you think her clan, the one that cast her out and want nothing to do with saving her, will really let her return to rule?

Heh, with all due respect, love, how about you let me handle those matters. I do have a trick up my sleeve. I hear love can mend most broken bonds.

Aleu... Are you playing match-maker?

Pulling back the bushes, Aleu opened up a view to a lake. Its water was indeed crystal clear with a full view of the bottom. Within it were coy fish, swelling with color and life. Blossoms from nearby trees dotted the water's surface and a warm, white glow seemed to mist its way into the air.

"Go on," Aleu nudged Faline, "get in."

---------- Post added 11-13-2015 at 11:33 AM ----------

"Akina is nothing," Ryna commented in a voice that strongly suggested the topic by dropped. It was not her place to speak on behalf of Zero. If he wanted to explain who Akina was and what the creature's purpose meant... well, that was on the older male.

Biting her lip, Reno shrugged. She wanted to speak but how could she without giving too much away. Ryna was already pissed and she didn't need to provoke the woman more. Mulling over her words, the blonde finally figured out how to lace together her comment.

"Akina is a Zero-thing. If you wish to know more, you'll have to speak with him. Ryna and I are... well... we're not supposed to talk about it." Rubbing her lips together, she shot Ryna an 'I'm sorry' glance.

"Yeah," the raven said in a harsh tone. "It's not really our place to say anyth--" Her brows knit together before a scowl took over her face. "Speak of the devil." Haughty blue gaze falling on Zero, she planted a hand on her hip before sighing with annoyance. "What?"

Brow piqued, the male laughed. "What's your problem today, princess? Didn't have a sound night's sleep?" Rolling his eyes, he moved over toward Reno. "You're not sour too, right?"

"NOPE!" She belted out before lunging at the man. "I was... nekkid. I saw... nekkid people. .... Nekkid."

Cringing, Zero waggled his elbow to break free of Reno's grip. "I really don't what to know about your nude little affairs. I'm happy on my own." His arm flew out to the side and pointed to the nothingness he came from. "In my corner of peace and quiet. With no naked women screeching about being naked."

"Hey now," her cheeks puffed out. She opened her lips again but nothing came out. Frustrated, she punched her brother on the shoulder. "You're a poo-poo head."

"Wow," Zero placed a hand on his heart before faltering. "Whatever will I do. You have broken my ego. Forever I shall be dubbed... poo-poo head." Bleak look on his face, his hands crossed over his chest. With a light shift in his stance, the missing sword revealed itself.

"So what are you ladies up to this fine morning?" He didn't ask because he was curious. He asked because he was worried he would have to babysit them, pending their response.

"Gonna go swimming at the beach."

His brow hiked up.

"We'll be.... nekkid."

Grunting, Ryna whipped around and grabbed the blonde by her shirt. "We will not be naked, Reno. If you're still planning on inviting our brother, you better be fully clothed."

Eye twitching, Zero shuddered. "I've seen enough naked Reno's to last me a life time. So yeah, how about you wear swimsuits. You did pack one."

"Nope."

"I packed you one."

"Oh boo."

Stopping by the cabins quickly, Ryna snagged the appropriate attire before heading toward the beach. "You ladies joining us?"

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-13-2015, 05:37 PM

Aleu called it bravery, but also perhaps it was fear or a cold heart that kept Faline from seeking out her sister. The only thing she remembered about the woman at this point was the fact that she had sacrificed herself to get her off the island. If she saw her now, who was to say she would be excited about it? There was a part of her that wanted to go, but that part was tucked deep within the recesses of her mind.

Her eyes rolled up at the woman as she hugged her, though she did not return the embrace; Faline was never really the touchy type. When she pulled away and started off into the woods, the Unai followed without protest. She spoke about a spring that could help with her shoulder and the dark haired woman nodded. "That would be much appreciated," she said, recalling how she got the injury from the night before. She was fairly certain that if it weren't for the fact that her shoulder was throbbing so much, the rest of her body would have been in pain.

As silence began to fall around them, for the most part, Faline's eyes fell to the old book in her hands. These symbols were not the same as her own book, which was neatly stored in the bag on her back; they were similar but their incantations were different purposes. With the visions she saw, she wondered if it was Rory's; she didn't even know if the woman could use magic, but it would make sense from the fact she saw those visions.

Shifting the bag from her back, Faline tucked the book inside, beside her own. If one had no recollection of the scribe on the inside, they would have sworn the books were the same for even at a glance they looked almost identical.

Their trek wasn't too difficult; Aleu seemed to have purposely chosen a way that would be a bit kinder to them. It was something the Unai was grateful for as moving over the few obstacles they had to hurt enough and as they walked, the soreness of her body started to make itself more and more known.

It was Aleu saying they were nearing their stop that broke the woman from her drifting thoughts about the impact her summons were having on the nightly creatures. She looked towards the bushes that the woman pointed out, paying more attention to the world around them at that point.

As the woman pulled the bushes aside, Faline stepped through and to the water's edge. There was something about looking at the fluid that caused the woman's heart to drop, her blood run cold. She knelt just at the edge, looking into the depth of the water; she wanted no part of it. Some would have called the fish and plants that decorated the water and landscape as beautiful, a perfect image. To Faline? There was something about it that just screamed horrible death trap.

Shifting herself, she shrugged her bag from her good arm and slowly slid it off her wounded one. Opening it up, she pulled out a small, black dress and neatly set it on the ground. She then pulled out the white dress she had previously been wearing and dipped the dirtied fabric into the water.

Pulling the fabric up, she wrung out the water before repeating the process a few times before being satisfied with it being semi clean. As Aleu told her to get into the water, Faline shook her head, "This shall suffice." She then dipped the cloth back into the water and pressed it to her shoulder. She hissed, the sound sounding very cat-like as the water hit the injury. It stung, likely due to an infection that was probably spreading, but it also tingled at the same time.

---------- Post added 11-13-2015 at 01:02 PM ----------

Abi's brow rose at Ryna's quick and sharp response. For something that was nothing she clearly wanted to drop the subject. Her eyes then fell to the other sister whom was behaving more sheepishly than excited as she usually did. She then said that Akina was a Zero thing; so now, this 'nothing' was something and it had to do with their brother? These twins certain enjoyed running in circles around the Unai and circles was something Abi didn't appreciate.

As Ryna snapped at her brother, the forest Unai said in a cool tone, "If there is something you wish to remain nothing, it is better to not speak of it in the first place." She then stopped as the siblings began talking, leaning against on tree just waiting for them to finish. She had no issues being on the island, the forest was her home, but these three were going to start wearing on her if they continued being dodgy as they started being. Were there thing she wasn't sharing with them? Probably, but they were posing no threat or impact to the mission they were given.

Once back at the cabins, the green haired woman approached the other Unai. "Why don't you go with Ryna and Reno and enjoy your time at the beach for a little bit?" She pulled the woman close, running a hand through her hair. "I want to talk to Zero for a little bit, see if he's noticed anything." She then closed her eyes and rested her head against Rory's . "Soon, Rory, soon we'll be able to start looking more seriously," she cooed as she held the woman's cheeks in her palms. "I just have to get situated a bit more with everything."

Rory slowly nodded as she looked up at that other Unai. She didn't really like the idea of not looking from the very beginning, but if Abi wasn't ready then she couldn't press the matter.

Pulling away from the other, she smiled at Ryna, digging her suit from her bag and said, "I'll go with you!"

Abi, on the other hand, slowly shook her head as she said, "I will have to pass. Too much water isn't good for me." She then looked over at Zero, her gaze serious as she said, "If you have a moment, I would like to speak with you."

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-16-2015, 05:10 PM

This shall suffice. When the words came to Aleu's ears, a grimace scarred her usually soft features. Without second thought, the bottom of her foot landed square on Faline's back. Then, with a good push, it sent the other woman flying into the water.

"It's not called the Pool of 'Pat the Wounds Out with a Cloth,'" she added starkly. "It's the Pool of Healing, which entails getting your whole body wet. Not just pat-pat, dab-dab done." Crossing her arms over her chest, Aleu glanced down at the woman who seemed to splash more than a fish on land.

"Heavens," she gasped with surprise, "do you not know how to swim?" She grumbled some, knowing that she didn't need Faline to answer. Ears flicking backward, she dove into the pristine water to retrieve the other. Faline's groping and gasping acting as the only signal Aleu needed to begin her rescue. In mere seconds, her arms were wrapped around Faline's form and jerking the Unai toward the land.

"Stop squirming," she hissed. "I'll make sure you drown if you continue to splash!" Aleu grit her teeth before making the quick trip back to the water's edge. It was a good thing she was fond of water. Honestly, with the amount of time Aleu spent in the water, the wolf-woman wondered why her element wasn't water. Instead, it had to be the ever-popular darkness, something everyone seemed to magically have these days. So much for being rare, she chided inwardly.

As her hands patted the land, she shoved the woman up onto the bank. "There," her cutesy smile came onto her face, "that wasn't so bad, was it?"

With that episode out the way, the two would continue their trek further into the woods. Neither knew what true power the water had, but based on the strength that surged within, they knew they wouldn't have to seek the island's edge tonight. Their strength had been doubled, finally giving them an edge over the monster of the night....

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-17-2015, 02:42 PM

Not waiting a second longer, Reno looped her arm around Rory's elbow. With a firm jerk, she moved the woman toward Ryna. Then, much like she did with Rory, Reno looped her arm around her sister's arm. "To the beach we go!" Looking over her shoulder, she flashed a smile at Abi. "When you're done, will you two join us?" Her eyes moved to Zero, catching him nod. "Woo hoo!" she exclaimed before dragging Rory and Ryna away from the camp.

The walk to the beach was probably no longer than 10-minutes. With each step away from camp, the air seemed to lighten. The poisonous plume that lingered in the air was no more for soon the salty taste of the ocean drowned out all other scents and sounds.

Eyes wide with excitement, she relinquished her grip on the women and zipped toward the frothy tides. The sand, white and pure, shifted beneath her feet. With each step, she sank ever so slightly into the warm, smooth sand. It shimmered and danced beneath the welcoming light of the sun, bringing a smile to Reno's face. She loved nothing more than a beautiful sunny day beneath a sea of blue and white.

Toe poking the water, she let loose a sigh. It was cool but not frigid. It was the ideal temperature for a good dip. Not waiting for Ryna's likely remark about waiting, Reno splashed her way into the rippling, roaring ocean. Once she was up to her hips in the Caribbean liquid, she glanced back to wave at her travel companions.

"C'mon in, the water is lovely!"

Dipping her bosom in, she raised her arms. Water soon sprinkled everywhere, glistening as it fell down back into the ocean from which it came.

Face aglow with delight, the wolf-girl splashed around some more before she started to nip at the water. It was an odd sight, that was for sure! Her teeth clamped down on the water as it rushed around her. Each time she missed, her jaw grew wetter and wetter. Moments later, where a woman once stood, a wolf now tread water. Tail wagging, she doggie-paddled her way toward shore.

Ears up and tail whipping to and fro, she lunged toward the blue-eyed woman. "In, in," she instructed while holding Ryna's hand between her canines.

"Okay," she laughed,"okay."

Peeling off her protective wrap, Ryna casually tossed it aside. Before running into the water, Ryna pulled a hair tie off her wrist and wrapped her hime-cut hair into a tight bun. Even without the aid of a mirror, her hair looked flawless, as if she had years of practice. Now, with hand on hip, she smirked. Lips a deep red, likely from some fancy lip stain she used, the woman broke from a hesitant shuffle to a full-on sprint.

"Better watch out, Reno. This shark's a comin' for ya!"

Arms wide, Ryna waded into the water. She snapped her teeth and swung her arms. "Where or where is my little minnow," she chirped. Blue orbs danced over each wave, she caught a reflection cast by the sole Unai on the beach.

"Heavens," she panted, "what is this I spy?" Ryna's deviously features turned toward Rory. "Is that a tasty little seal?" Gleam in her eyes, she slowly snaked toward the woman. "Little minnow, you better hurry. Your dearest seal is in grave danger!"

Oblivious to Reno's location, the wolf shift again from beast to woman. Still clothed in her orange and yellow bikini, thanks to the ring Rory bestowed upon her, Reno raised a single finger to her lips. If all went according to plan, Ryna would continue to hunt Rory, leaving her flank exposed to the 'minnow.'

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-17-2015, 03:03 PM

The world moved suddenly as Faline recalled feeling a pressure on her back. She could feel the waters closing in around her and though the tingling feeling of warmth was all around her, it was cold to the Unai that tried to fight to the surface. She brok the surface, only for a moment before it seemed like something was pulling her back under. Try and try again, she would barely break the water's edge, her time for gasps of air shortening each time.

Something wrapped around her, pulling at her; in Faline's mind it was something wishing to pull her to the depths of the pool. It was a hiss the slowly started to break into the woman's mind, though her movements didn't seem to calm until she was able to regain her senses as Aleu put her back on the edge of the water.

Coughing up water, Faline's ears had fallen back from what had happened and the other's woman's comment only earned her a sharp glare and a snarling growl. Even the Unai wasn't fully certain as to what scared her about the water, but it did. Her pack would often tease her about it as she seemed to be the only one with this fear. A part of her wondered if it was her tie to how she summoned the creatures that she did; pulling them from a dark void of a land, bringing them from who knows where. Perhaps somewhere, a part of her mind associated her portals to the darkness in the depths of water, or water being the portal all itself; she had no idea.

Ignoring the woman at that point, Faline wrung her hair out as best as she could before reaching for her new dress. She wiped down a little with the old one before tossing it into her bag and sliding the other one on. As she pulled it on, she noted how easy it was to move her shoulder and looking at it, there only seemed to be a scar of what was once there. She wasn't sure if the scar would stick around or not, but it wasn't like she wasn't without them anyway. Even with her dress on, her body was littered with scars of symbols that seemed almost cult-like in appearance. For as much as Unai tried to blend in with others, it was a bit more difficult for Faline because of them.

Once she was done, she continued to follow Aleu. Any hint of being tired from before was long gone at this point; perhaps the pool had powered them up as well.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-17-2015, 03:04 PM

With most of the girls gone, Zero cocked a brow at the Forest Unai that decided to stay behind. "I'm surprised you wouldn't join then to at least soak up the sun." He smirked, sensing that she had a real purpose in staying behind.

Dipping into his cabin, the male filled a back with his previous attire. When he wandered out minute later, he wore a pale gray sleeveless shirt and a pair of black swim trunks. They weren't anything fancy, but they didn't look bad on him. He seemed fond of plain and colorless, likely linked to the colors of his fur and hair. About the only thing on him that truly stood out was the sword, which was now tied on his messenger bag.

"So you wanted to talk? I presume you have a question--likely one you don't want the others to know about." Sliding down the railing, he landed beside the woman. Rump rested against it, he cocked a brow at her. "If I had to be a betting man, I would bet it's about what transpired last night. You seemed," he paused to think, "frazzled this morning." His nose still in the air, he breathed in the scents around him. Even now, an hour after waking, the air was still thick. Not as thick as before but the odd sensation still lingered.

"We had a visitor last night," his hallow icy blue orbs met her glance. "I've faced creatures like this before. I'm a... hunter," he began. "My partner and I are on a mission. The more hellish fiends I slay, the stronger he--and I--become. We work as a team, though he tends to pull most of the weight. Still, he's fiercely loyal and obeys every command. It's part of the pact we signed." Zero didn't delve into details of the pact, but from the vagueness one could assume it wasn't the standard issue pact. It likely dealt with blood oaths or rituals, something that often caused alarm in most.

"Fret not," he continued on, "my partner is of no treat to you and your mission. He's merely here to aid me. You see, should something happen to me, something will definitely happen to him. We're," his lips pursed and a cryptic look ghosted his eyes, "connected." The silence solidified the preconceived notion that his deal was indeed shady and far from acceptable by most customs and law.

"When our venomous intruder seeped in between the cracks of the cabin and unlocked the door, I awakened him." Zero blue gaze fell off Abi. Looking forward at a tree, he smirked. "My partner," he scoffed, "he's very good at what he does. And, much to our luck, the monsters of this island happen to be what he preys upon. They're likely summons from the pits of hell, demons if I dare say." The more he spoke, the more his smile became twisted. His voice, haughty and dark, reflected this change of personality.

"You see, we're not just any kind of hunter." A red shimmer danced over his orbs. "We're demon slayers." There was something unnerving about the red glow of his orbs. Not to mention, his once charming grin now dripped with satanic mannerisms. That once plain, semi-lazy, soft-spoken man finally let his true colors shine. He was definitely the son of Rroy--blood full of darkness, just ready to kill.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-17-2015, 03:41 PM

As Reno was ready to pull the three of them off to the water, Rory was pleased that she saw Abi nod about going to the water later as well. It was nice to see that she may actually attempt to relax a little. Rory felt a little bad though, it seemed like Abi was constantly trying to help while she had done very little. It wasn't time though, that's what the other had said and she had to rely on that. For now, she had to not be upset by everything.

The forest was actually peaceful as they went and the air seemed to warm more and more with each step. By the time they actually hit the sand, Rory was fairly certain all three of them must have enjoyed the feeling, or Reno was doing a grand job in making it seem that way.

Reno's excitement was truly contagious; as she entered the water, splashing about, it seemed to make all the dangers of the island just melt away. Even Ryna was seeming to loosen up a bit! Of course, the enjoyment of simply watching was short lived as Rory became a target for the 'shark'. Having turned her attention from minnow Reno, Rory had become a seal and apparently the next pray.

Her eyes caught the once again woman and Rory made her way towards the water. Wading in quickly, she moved in a way that kept Reno at her sister's back. "You'll never catch this seal," she taunted the normally serious woman. "Sharks should never underestimate their prey!"

She splashed water towards the woman, as though that were enough to keep her at bay.

---------- Post added 11-17-2015 at 10:54 AM ----------

"The sun can wait until later, it's not like it will be going anywhere anytime soon," the Unai replied directly as she watched the male. He wandered off shortly after, just to the cabin as the trees didn't make mention of anyone moving beyond them, save for the other campers whom were a ways off at that point.

Abi watched the male as he returned down, walking around her after a little while; it was a behavior that was very much predator. Her eyes scanned, keeping him in her sight at all times. "I don't know whether to say you are keen to what's around you or that you're merely able to see the obvious," she replied to him. It wasn't difficult to tell when a Forest Unai was stressed due to a situation; they are animal as much as plant and such a thing made them react to outside stimulus very easily.

Though for as 'aware' as he seemed to be, he also didn't seem to have any issues in providing information. She hadn't even asked a question before he was already talking. Such a thing, while handy at the moment, was something that could likely prove deadly if he wasn't careful.

She crossed her arms under her small chest as the male continued to pace and talk. "To bring another, that you are connected here is dangerous, I do hope you truly understand the stakes at hand here." Her tone was as cool as his; it was hard to tell if the two got along or not. His words about how his partner feasted on the creatures on the island seemed to surprise the woman more; she knew of no living thing that could do such a thing. Then again, the idea that these creatures were summoned from the pits of hell, it was an unnerving thought.

Abi stayed rooted where she stood as Zero's eyes changed as he watched her; had he been trying to frighten her off at that point? While she could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end from the air that was about the male, the same feeling wasn't reflected in her calm facial expressions. "Then, from the way you speak, this 'partner' of yours, must be the same Akina that your sisters mentioned." She watched him for a moment after she said it. "Or would I be mistaken? It would do you well to speak of this Akina or I can't promise he won't end up in the crossfire when things go down."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-17-2015, 06:29 PM

"Silly Seal, water will not be enough to stop me," her lips curled up into a smile. "It'll take brute force to stop the mayhem that is this shark!" Smacking her teeth together, she lunged forward. Still, when the splashes came, Ryna backed off on her attacking. Although she loved the water, she was never fond of getting her hair excessively wet. "Clever Seal," she said with a purr, "you have picked up on my weakness. Thy hair shall not perish to your watery ways!"

Completely distracted by Rory, the raven missed the light ripples that bumped off her backside. Of course, with how the Unai calculated her moves and stepping, Ryna would likely assume the waves were of the ocean and not the fearsome minnow that lurked from behind.

Grin growing so it consumed her face, Reno sprung from the water. With her entire weight landing on Ryna's shoulders, she forced the woman down into her watery grave.

"Hurry!" Reno shouted, "She's ticklish!"

As Ryna thrashed around playfully, she made lude retorts toward her sister.

"Mwah ha ha ha," Reno gloated in victory, "it appears the seal-minnow dynamic duo has bested the scariest of sharks!" Her hands danced a mile a minute over the raven, who was panting for air at this point. With each tickle, Ryna's laughter lightened until she was balling her eyes out at the hilarity of the situation.

"Say it, say it,"
Reno kept repeating over and over. She left no time for Ryna to plot an escape or to lunge at her partner-in-crime, Rory. "Saaaay iiiiitttttt!"

Biting her lip, the raven fought had. She squirmed and kicked lightly, never doing anything to hurt the so-called seal and minnow. Truly playful and loving the attention, she splashed and chirped to her heart's content. However, with the hands winning, her giddy giggling started to wear on her stomach.

"My abs, my abs," she protested without admitting defeat. "I can't," her laughter filled the air.

"You can't what?" Reno's devilish grin said it all. This was what it meant to be best friends with your sister. To play and tease without a care in the world!

"I give, I give," her words slurred together. "Seal and minnow are vi-vi-ci... oh my god." A snort errupted from her and before she could react, Reno was double-over. No longer did her hands entrap Ryna for Reno was too busy slapping her knee at the very un-princess-like sound!

"It's not that funny," Ryna commented while catching her breath. Finally free of the tickles, she seized the moment to wander away. Who knew if they would launch a second attack!

"You snorted," her gleeful gestures said it all. They had won. Big time.

Still, even in victory, Reno wasn't ready to call it quits. Eyes slipping over to the woman at her side, her goofy grin widened. "AND NOW THE MINNOW TACKLES THE SEAL!" Springing from the water, she latched onto Rory. Gumming her shoulder, the woman wrapped her arms and legs around Rory's torso and hips. "OMNOMNOMNOM! DIS FISHY LIKES SEALY-WHEELY!"

---------- Post added 11-17-2015 at 03:13 PM ----------

"Ah," the red shine to his eyes vanished. His features seemed to soften as he chuckled lightly to himself. Just hearing someone outside the family call his name caused Zero's eyes to slip from the woman and fall toward the floor. He didn't want to give it away too easy so he made mental note not to glance at the weapon he cared for so loosely.

Clearly his throat, he brought his blue gaze up. "I had a feeling Reno would say something." A small smirk tugged on the corner of his lips. Reno was famous for her big, blabber mouth. Still, if the name slipped there was no need to hide it. Besides, it could come in handy. If for some odd reason he was ever rendered unconscious, another could call forth the spirit's name, summoning him from whatever form he held.

"Akina is his name. It's a name of many meanings--brave, family bond, bright." As the word bright rolled off his tongue, the inflection put on the word became ever apparent. Clearly bright had extra emphasis for a reason. Before Abi could guess its meaning, Zero went on to spill the details. Somewhat.

"His favorite color is red and he wears it well from head to toe. Aside from that, knowing any more is on an need to know basis I'm afraid." Glancing at his hands, he played with his fingernails before nonchalantly glancing at the Forest Unai. "He'll be of no harm to you nor Rory. Not even Faline. If anything, think of him as a... an extension of who I am. He's neither here nor there, and yet he can be anywhere." The riddles that rolled off his tongue caused Zero to furrow his brows. "Sorry," he shook his head lightly, "I don't mean to sound so cryptic but the less you know, likely the better. I'm afraid I'm not accustom to Unai culture. Frankly, I found history boring, sans the wars and peril."

Moving forward, he paused to look back at the woman. "But I don't believe his presence should be of any issue. So long as darkness and the underworld aren't considered omens or issues, he'll be of no problem to you." Glancing over at the woman, he hiked up a brow. "Are those issues?" His question had a nervous undertone to it, hinting at his previous comment that he knew little of her kind. Ranking a hand through his mess of blackish-gray hair, he sheepishly grinned. "I--"

Eyes head swiveled around. Eyes narrowing, his nose turned to the air. There was a familiar scent to it. One that most would overlook for it wasn't foreign in any regard. However, the combination, at least to Zero, drew his attention. Slowly, his lips pursed as a quizzical look crossed his features. Head tilting to the side, he tried to hone in on the oddly familiar scent.

Why, why was it so familiar. It was on the tip of his tongue and yet his mind was completely blank. In a moment of weakness, those blue orbs slid to the weapon at his side. Lingering on the sword for no more than a second, Zero's brows knit together. A wrinkle marred his nose and a scowl soon seized his face.

"I thought I made it blatantly obvious that you alert me of all creatures you come across," he whispered with a displeased tone.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-17-2015, 08:58 PM

Rory squealed slightly as Ryna started nearing her, but as she heard what the woman said about water, the Unai quickly started splashing her more. At that point she held her down and that was also when Reno attacked. She let the blonde take over tickling her sister, but stayed nearby laughing at the scene.

It was fun watching the two interact, especially like this when Ryna always seemed very standoffish. Rory chuckled as she said, "Minnow, you may want to release the Shark before you suffocate her." Of course, the blonde wasn't done just yet and continued to tickle the woman until she would indeed give up.

Though she was trying to not think of her so much, Rory did wonder if when Faline acted like this, she seemed more approachable. Granted, it was a bit more difficult to get the woman to let loose like that and when you did, it was usually when they were in their natural forms rather than human. She was really one to rather be on all fours than a 'pale blood'.

Even the way she retreated once free read very much like her older half; perhaps that was just how twins were! It was then that Rory caught the look in Reno's eye as her attention shifted to her. Before she could move away in the water, the short haired woman had managed to wrap herself around the Unai and if it weren't for the fact that the water was nearly up to her chest, Rory was sure she would have fallen.

She did stumble though as she regained her footing from the weight of the woman. Laughing she said, "Well, fortunately Minnows aren't known for their ability to feast on Seals." She then leaned backwards, pulling them both into the water. Using that as a change, she shifted into her hound form and wriggled away from the woman, swimming towards the other end of the beach a little bit.

Poking her head out of the water, a sound that almost seemed like laughter came from the creature as she looked back to where she had gone under yet. She knew Reno should be fine and was more than likely already plotting another attack.

---------- Post added 11-17-2015 at 04:04 PM ----------

Abi studied Zero; out of all of them, he and Ryna seemed to be the most withheld and at that point he seemed to be a fountain of information. While he didn't tell her everything, the Forest Unai didn't care to know it all either, she was learning what she wanted to know and that was that.

So this being he was in contract with was truly Akina, the description the male used of him matter not and as he started to describe the other, he sounded more like he was in love with him than anything else. She shifted her weight to one side as she merely listened as he reassured that Akina would not harm herself, Rory or Faline. A smirk came across her face as he brought up a reason why he was keeping to himself so much. "Perhaps if you had listened, you would know that we are more of a trustworthy species than many others you have run into. Though, my main concern is indeed if your companion will pose a problem to our mission. You say he will not and I am happy with that, I care of little else at this point."

When he brought up creatures of darkness and the underworld, the woman barked out a laugh that probably seemed out of nature for her. She turned and started to walk towards him, pausing near him enough to say, "Sweety, we're called Hell Hounds by the humans, such things are more familiar to us than you would think." She then continued on, planning to join the others back at the water.

Zero had given her the information she wanted and knowing they may have yet another on their side was a more welcoming thought than she had expected. It made her feel a bit better about them starting the search for Faline as well for if Rory were with her, Reno would probably want to tag along and Abi had a feeling Zero wouldn't let his sister wander in the woods without protection.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-18-2015, 02:28 PM

At the nickname, Zero cringed. Sweety was not a term he took lightly. Not even his mother, who he loved dearly, could call him by such a name. Thankfully, the Unai seemed satisfied by his answers and soon vanished into the forest.

I think it unwise to pursue at this point, my lord.

Akina, the sound was bitter and filled with frustration. Did I not tell you to keep my posted of all company, mother included.

Zero, Akina's voice whispered throughout Zero's mind, she does not seek your companionship right now. If you were to seek her out, you would put all in grave danger. The one she trains with needs her guidance. When the first door opens, then, and only then, will I aid you in finding her.

So you hind information from me, assuming I can't be trusted with such knowledge? His arms slid over his chest in defiance.

My lord, it's not that I don't trust you. I just... we can't have you softening up to your sisters. If you gave them any indication that your mother was on the island, you know they would go find her--Reno more so than Ryna.

He commented nothing, still seething from Akina's betrayal.

Zero, my lord, you must understand the situation I am in.

Am I not your master, your lord. Did you not swear an oath to me?

Yes.

Then why lie? Why protect her?

It's... complicated. Although I am sworn by oath and blood to you, I still--technically--serve her. As a princess of darkness and hell, her rule and dictation tends to outweigh the rules of a master. If she were not princess, I would not be in conflict.

Funny, Zero smirked though his eyes remained locked on the position the scent came from. I thought I too was royal. Am I not a prince?

Akina found himself at a loss of words. The young man was right. He, like his mother, was of royal blood. Since Aleu never took the throne, she never accepted the title queen. Perplexed and defeated, Akina uttered her remorseful apology.

You need to learn to trust me.

You give away information all too easy, my lord. You need to keep that tongue of yours still.

And if I did that, we would have a Forest Unai stalk us. I have no intention of wasting her efforts. She's here to find Rory's sister, Faline. Abilene cannot have her mind stretched across two tasks--figuring out my loyalties and finding a missing Unai.

Your words have merit. I do understand your position. I suppose if I were in your position, I too would have made the same choices.

With an exhale, Zero glanced down at the katana. "So I wait."

Yes. Wait. When the time comes, she will let me know. I envision it'll be within the next moon or two. The forest holds many secrets Aleu isn't someone to lose track of her goal. Why, years ago she searched endlessly for the man who appeared in her dreams. That man being your father. Aleu will stop at nothing to find what she wants. And, with age and grace, her abilities have truly been honed to near perfection.

---------- Post added 11-18-2015 at 09:48 AM ----------

"Awww," her lip quivered at the comment. She didn't like the idea of minnows being the bottom of the food chain. Her brows furrowed at the realization of such a thing. Why did Ryna label her a minnow? And why did Rory get to be a seal? And how come Ryna was a shark!

Cheeks puffing out, she was just about to complain when her head fell beneath the water. Eyes wide with wonder, she watched as Rory made her retreat. Paddling to the water's surface, she growled. "Ooooh you wanna play it that way," she huffed. "Well you better watch out! This minnow is upgrading to the mighty... MANO SLAYO!"

Ryna, who had taken a seat on the sandy beach stifled a laugh. "Mano slayo? What in heaven's kind of name is that?" Pulling her hair from the bun, she let it lay against her back. In no time the warm sun would dry it until it shined like the freshly blushed fur of a black cat.

Shrugging her shoulders, the blonde forced her eyeballs to drift apart. It was one of her many weird antics--the ability to make one's eyes look derpy as hell.

Rolling her eyes, Ryna reclined back onto the towel she brought. With a light sigh, she closed her eyes and allowed th sun to kiss her white skin. With any luck, she might get the first tan of the season! Or she would burn and become a crispy red lobster. At this point, any color--burnt or not--would do.

Wiggling her butt, Reno made her way over toward Rory. Only, before she could gum the woman to death, a familiar face emerged from the forest. "ABI!" Lunging forward, the blonde broke from the water. Naturally, Ryna was in the line of fire and went from being kinda-dry to completely soaked.

"Reno," she moaned. "Why... why."

"ABI!" Latching onto the other Unai, Reno's grin widened. "Come play in the water or be a poo poo boring head like Ryna!" Not forcing the woman to follow her, Reno released the Forest Unai and went back toward the water's edge.

"Rory!" Her hands flailed a mile a minute. "Come bury me in sand. I wanna be a zombie and break from my sandy grave and then hunt you all down!"

Rolling up on her elbows, Ryna scoffed. "Zombies can't talk Reno. I think you should pick another dead creature to play."

Pouting, she turned her large puppy-dog eyes to Rory. "I don't know what else rises from the ground. What else could I be?"

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-19-2015, 08:52 PM

Rory lowered her head in the water, blowing bubbles at the other female as her back legs barely grazed the bottom of the ocean. Her eyes narrowed her as though the 'seal' were trying to challenge this new foe. She wasn't too sure what to expect from a 'Mano Slay' but from Ryna reaction, her sister didn't know either.

As one of their missing companions returned, the Unai's ears flicked out of the water and Reno ran up the shore, little droplets splashing the water's surface around her. She slowly paddled up to the beach, as her paws hit the drier sand, she shifted back to her human form. Making her way towards the dark haired woman, she watched as Reno tried to drag Abi into the water.

Kneeling next to Ryna, her eyes fell to the other woman. "You should smile more," she said sweetly, a small smile forming on your lips. "You're much prettier when you look like you're enjoying yourself."

As Reno came bounding up, Abi slowed her pace, her eyes watching the woman that was making her way towards her, quite excitedly at that. A small smile played her features as she said, "I'll play on the beach, but I am done with water for now."

As the blonde announced wanting to be buried, Rory smiled wider and stood up, moving away from Ryna and towards her sister. With the sad look on Reno's eyes Rory said, "I don't know, I've seen Faline summon up undead monsters that could talk. Not our language or anything, but they can talk!" They weren't zombies, nor were they quite living or dead, they just were; Rory was convinced they were some sort of demon or geist, but the Unai didn't know really.

"So we can pretend you're something like that," she then fell to her knees near the woman, her black hound form returning agains as she started digging in the sand.

Shaking her head, Abi chuckled saying, "Yes, let's add yet another abomination to this island." Soon her own Unai form took over as she assisted her companion in digging their hole. In the sunlight, the flowers and plants that decorated the creature all seemed to move about, keeping in the sun and finding a way for them to all get the rays above them. It really looked as if they were living animals rather than plants.

It was good that Reno was indeed keeping Rory distracted. Abi didn't want to have to tell the Unai that she didn't have to worry about the conversation she had with Zero. She didn't like lying or keeping things from the woman, but she did not feel she had to bother her with this at this point.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 11-24-2015, 07:57 PM

After the water incident, things seemed to smooth out. Faline had little issues walking, no longer limping or wincing under her own weight. She seemed more at ease. Her ears were alert and her eyes focused. Although she knew not where they were going, she eagerly followed along. Why, perhaps there was even a small grin someone on that pretty face. Maybe a skip to her walk. The water truly worked wonders on her. And Aleu too! The black bags under her eyes seemed to fade and that healthy blue glow returned as a spark in her eyes.

Their stepping was quick and with confidence, something the Unai hadn't displayed in quite some time. They seemed ready to take on the world. And with the amount of land they had covered, it seemed almost possible. It was long into the day, nearly 2PM, when Aleu slowed their adventuring. They were just miles away from the second part of phase one.

Snaking her away around a tree that clutched the edge of a cliff they traveled along, Aleu sent her blue eyes back to the woman following her. "Have care with how you step. One wrong move," her eyes trailed over toward the edge.

Although breathtakingly beautiful, the sheer drop would be a one-way ticket to the life of a corpse. Or rather lack thereof. The trees below were a lively green color and bore rich, tropical fruits. Birds squawked and chirped below, completely at peace with their home. Somewhere in the distance was the faint roar of a waterfall, blissfully adding harmony to the atmosphere. Honestly, the view looked like photograph one would display in their home. Why, there even appeared to be a faint rainbow glistening on the still wet canopy leaves.

Too bad it would claim certain death to those who fell.

Sucking air in, Aleu's chest moved outward. Her breath was held as small beads of sweat started to dot her brows. Panic lingered in her eyes and her body trembled. Even with her careful footing, the blonde seemed fearful of her steps.

Lip quivering, her eyes slammed shut. She didn't want to look. The drop was too much. Glorious as it was, the Lypheion had always hated heights, especially fatal heights.

Whimper gripping her, Aleu's ears spun back. They clung to her head with fear. Wincing, she forced an eye open.

She had hardly moved, which caused even more alarm. She didn't have time to be held back by fear, especially one such as this. How was it that she was fine atop the mountain but pertrified on an edge? Well, it was obvious as to why one scared her and the other didn't. Still, it pained her to know she too had her limitations.

Hesitantly, her blue orbs shifted to Faline.

"I've never been a fan of heights, especially those linked to narrow ground."
Her eyes, wild and almost feral, snapped to the valley below. "Hate them even more when Rroy's not around to catch me."

With calm exhale, she forced her ears forward. She had to do this. She had made it there once. She could do it again. They had to go this way to get to the relic; there was no other alternative path. They needed to gather as much information as they could before Faline would move onto phase two.

And yet, there they were. Waiting. Waiting for Aleu to move her frightened ass across a very narrow edge. And naturally, being part wolf, the woman had larger feet than most. It certainly didn't aid in the inch-worm crawl to the other side. She had, what? Perhaps four-inches of ledge to work with. It was hardly enough, forcing those who dared pass to tip-toe to the other side.

As the rocks behind her back poked at her flesh, she grit her teeth. She would be fine. I will be fine, she kept telling herself. All will be okay. It has to be okay.

Slowly, she moved her foot an inch to the left. With a slight shuffle, the rocks behind her back shifted. They were smoother now and no longer forcing her chest out more than necessary.

Sighing, her brows fell together. She was doing well. She had maneuvered around the tree. She probably had five more feet to go before she was finally at the edge of Death's Ledge, as she would come to call it.

A sound to her right caught her attention. Faline, she was moving. The woman as kind enough not to advance forward until Aleu was about three feet away. That was nice, she gestured by smiling.

Nodding, she confirmed that it was time for Faline to follow her. She didn't want Faline to fall too far behind for, should Faline get stuck or fall, Aleu needed to be there to catch her.

Seeing Faline eased her movements. Her heart slowed and a smile came to her face. "You make it look too easy," she chirped, though hesitation still lingered in her tone.

How long had they been scaling the wall? Likely ten minutes, though Faline didn't seem to push or force the woman on. It was soothing, knowing that she could take her sweet time crawling along an edge. Although Faline didn't seem the type, the woman grasped the issue at hand. She was smart, which made her capable. And that made Aleu like the Unai all the more.

Foot up, she shifted it to the left.

The rocks beneath her were strange. Felt, light. No, loose. No....

Eyes wide, she felt her heart in her throat. Instinctively, her hands grasped for whatever she could find, but nothing came into reach. Everything was air. Air, air, air. As her body moved from the wall she once clung to, her eyes jerked to Faline. The woman was reaching out, hand sprawled wide. She was leaning so far, too far! She was... trying to save her.

In free fall, Aleu could hear the world echo around her. It was a hushed whisper, a cooing lullaby. It rattled her eyes and caused her breath to fall apart.

Tears slipped from her eyes. Was this really how it was to end? Was she not allowed to save Faline and reunite the sisters? Had she meddled on the island for far too long? It was unfair. Everyone always got to live a hero's life. But she? She was also destined to fail and fall. As her life flashed before her eyes, the saddened look of a defeated mother crossed her features. She had failed Faline. It was all her fault.

As Faline likely tried to figure out what to do next (maybe planning on summoning something to catch her), a dark blur streaked across the sky. It was fleeting, nearly transparent. Had she not be looking closely, the Unai would certainly miss it.

Breath held, Aleu felt a warmth surround her. Then, in an instant, the warmth became a cool, smoothing touch. Was this the embrace of death?

Pulling a single eye open, her blue orbs fell on a sharp nose and a pale pair of narrow lips. Black wisps of hair fell into her view, creating a stark contrast against the faint peach skin. And soon the calming scent of wintergreen wafted into her nose. In seconds, her ears came alive. The numbness that once clung them vanished as a sea of sound came pouring back into her.

Lips pursed, her dazed gaze slowly panned toward a soft set of red orbs. Caught off guard by her own reflection gazing back ghostly, she shuttered before burrowing her nose into the crease between the arm that held her and the chest that warmed her.

Whimpering, the wolf-woman nuzzled that chest until the tears in her eyes became dark dots on the black cloth that surrounded her. "Thank you," she whispered with relief.

"I lost you once," a voice rich with adoration cooed gently to her, "I refuse to lose you again."

Red orbs pulling their loving gaze from Aleu's cowering form soon fell on Faline. Eyes without black centers mulled over her form. Carefully, like little scanners, they honed in on everything. If Faline had anything to hide, those eyes would find it. Finally, with calibrations complete, those pale lips jerked to the side to form a cocky grin.

"Unai Faline," his head dipped, casting a shadow over his vivid red orbs. Pulling his head from the slight bow, he left his lingering eyes on her.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 12-03-2015, 08:39 PM

Faline took slow deep breaths as they walked, not to try and calm herself but because she herself did feel calm. Nothing seemed like it could harm them and the frightening island seemd much less so. Her ears were up, not overly alert and not fallen back in worry, just relaxed as they stood up, taking in the sounds around them while not trying to seek any of them out.

Aleu began to slow which brought the Unai's dark orbs up to look at the other woman before looking back before them where the world they were in seemed to fall away to a tropical wonderland. While it was pretty, she didn't seem to feel quite the pull that probably would have been reflected in the blonde woman's eyes if she didn't look overly terrified over the ledge that they had to travel across next. The sheer ledge before them, the way the grass gave way to jagged rock and mountain seemed to be the much more welcoming sight for some reason.

Walking up towards the woman that clung to the tree, the Unai peered over the ledge. From how far forward she was leaning it looked like she could have fallen over with just the slightest breeze. Taking in a slow deep breath, Faline was greeted by the linger scent of the nearby dirt, but the more appealing smell came from that salty, dusty bite of rock

It wasn't until a whimper caught her ears that the woman realized that Aleu was slowly making her way down one of the narrow ledges. Standing up, she jogged after the woman, seemingly to carelessly make her way down the narrow ledge. The thought that she could fall didn't even cross her mind, her body just seemed to move on its own. As she caught up to the woman, the look she gave Faline even pained the smaller creature. She was truly panicked and if she had been a non-carnivorous creature, there wouldn't have been anything protecting from the Unai going for her throat.

Her eyes fell to how the woman was moving. "I can lead if you like," she quipped up, though Aleu seemed determined to do this. When Aleu started moving again, Faline followed silently, watching the others footing while trying to not get too close that it was uncomfortable for her. Easy? Faline made it look easy? She looked back the way they came, then up to see the distance they had truly gone. It was a mountain ledge, was it supposed to be difficult? She felt no fear, but at home with it and and was easily able to find footing without so much as a crumble; the wall was solid.

Faline's ears stood rigid as Aleu took her next step; it sounded wrong. She reached out for the blonde woman saying, "Aleu, no, no-," but her sentence was cut short as the woman put her full weight on the ledge and it gave way.

"ALEU!" The woman yelled as she seemed to effortlessly jump to lower and lower ledges, though the woman's free fall was much quicker than the Unai. Her nails on her hands and feet elongated into their animalistic claw-like state and seemed to pierce the rock as though it were flesh. She hung off the edge of the mountain as a rush of wind blew past her causing her to pull herself close to the mountain for a moment.

When the dust from the mountain rocks settled, Faline slowly opened her eyes again. She had heard nothing hit the tree tops but that didn't stop the woman from fear the worst. She opened her eyes, one at a time to see a dark haired male floating in the air, Aleu in his arms. She didn't make out what he had initially said to her, but the way they held each other, Faline could feel the bond they had.

Heart thrumming against her chest, the Unai lowered herself to the next ledge just as those red orbs fell on her. Instinctively, her ears fell back, fangs bared, a growl that refused to leave her throat. The man wasn't a threat, but the aura around him didn't feel safe. When he spoke her name, her breed, her given name, the woman jumped slightly. Her ears stood up as she stared at him as he bowed to her. Eying the male cautiously she slowly said, "Do I know you?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-17-2015, 06:14 PM

A small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. "No," his gaze fell back on the woman in his arms. "You do not. But your parents did." Rolling his crimson gaze back up to meet her stare, the smirk fell from his face. The look he now wore was grave and serious.

Aleu shifted, slowly pawing at his chest. With each squirm, she managed to cause the grim look to shift back into something more at peace. Finally, his eyes fell back on her. Brow cocked, he snorted. "What are you doing?"

"Being adorable," her ears fluffed as did the tail that she wrapped around his leg.

"You are always adorable though."
His eyes were soft, absorbing every inch of the woman before her with an unyielding, loving gaze.

As her blue orbs met his red pair, the telepathic communication started.

Heed your tongue. She knows nothing of her family. All connections have been severed. I am working hard to make her whole again.

Her memories are lost? Is it the dark magic that lingers in the air?

Dark magic?

Yes, I sensed it the moment I appeared. There's a force not of this world at play here. It appears the creature is building an army for a realm much like our own.

So these aren't Faline's creations?

Oh they are. Only they have been twisted by a Dark Dragon.

Dragon?

Aleu's eyes shifted to Faline then fell back on Rroy.

Nickivant?

No, another. He seeks to build an army to march on the royal that wishes to reclaim her land.

And you gathered all of this how?

I'm Enlightened. I just know things. I've also seen visions. Never understood them, still don't, but the fog is slowly slipping away. I'm sure in due time, all that was exposed to me will make sense. For now, continue your task at hand.

Their foreheads collided as they nuzzled each other. A kiss was exchanged and Aleu was placed gingerly back on the solid ground.

"Thanks for the rescue, love."
Tail flicking cross his chest, she smirked. Twirling around, she returned to Faline's side. "Shall we go?" Her ears pointed in the direction they were to travel.

Although Aleu didn't want Rroy and Faline to converse, not yet, she wouldn't put up a wall. If Faline wished to inquire more, Aleu was in no position to stand between a Unai and her parents.

With a light nod of the head, she told Rroy to play it safe. It was unwise to reveal the dark truth. Just tidbits, enough to inspire hope, would suffice. For now....

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 12-29-2015, 03:08 PM

Faline's eye remained locked on the male, for while Aleu seemed content in his arms, she was still wary of the floating man. The smirk that was on his face fell away as he said her parents knew the man. The woman lifted a brow at the man as she said, "So? I presume you aren't the only one they would have known." It was then he looked down at the blonde woman and after a few moments of them talking, the world fell silent as the two seemed to just gaze into each others' eyes.

She waited for a few moments and when the two just seemed engrossed with each other, the Unai sighed before sitting on the thin rock shelf she was standing on. With one foot propped on the shelf, she rested her elbow on it, her head resting against her hand. She then just watched the two as they sat there in silence; it wasn't like she could go anywhere, Aleu was the one leading their expedition afterall.

After a bit longer, the two seemed ready to part ways as Rroy placed the blonde woman back on the rocky shelf beside her. Standing up, Faline dusted herself off as she looked to her companion. "We don't have much further to go, I will lead us down the rest of the way," the look in her eyes was serious and before the woman could respond to the Unai, she was moving.

Her long nails easily bit into the rocks once again, creating easy to use pockets for Aleu's hands to take hold. She peaked down the edge of the mountain's wall; they only had maybe 12 feet to go, but it was better to take the safe route down the mountain than to try and jump and risk injury. Faline would normally jump, but after what just happened, she wasn't about to stress the Aleu anymore than she already was.

Her eyes then rolled up, the dark haired male was gone. Which didn't surprise the Unai in the least, not with the way he just appeared out of nowhere. There was something strange and dark about the man, she wasn't sure how much she trusted him; yet, with how Aleu behaved around him, she couldn't bring herself to outright dislike the man as clearly there must have been some good within him.

Once the two made it down to the jungle they had just been looking over, Faline placed her hands on her hips as she looked back at the woman. "Where to now?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-04-2016, 04:08 PM

At Rory's comment, Ryna found her checks burning a deep red color. It was rare for her to receive comments, especially when Reno was known for getting nude in front of company. Still, it was refreshing to receive some attention. In all honesty, about the only one that paid any attention to her was her precious daddy. But Ryna couldn't help but think she forced that upon him for she was constantly trying to get his attention.

Touching the pendent that looped around her neck, she smiled again. Dad would be so proud, she thought to herself. It had been a while since she let loose. Hell, it had been even longer since she had made friends.

At the sound of laughter, Ryna found herself watching the Unai burying her sister. Perhaps she was wrong to snap at Reno. What she was doing did sound like fun. Ryna half wanted to join them but found her spot in the sun too perfect to move from. Instead, she let her eyes follow their antics and even joined in with their laughter.

"YAY," Reno exclaimed when Rory and Abi decided it was a good idea to dig a whole. Reno was so impatient that she even pitched in. Though, as she helped dig, her mind did muse over some information.

"Wait," her stopped her digging. "If I'm digging my own grave does that mean..." a grin crawled onto her face, "THAT IS THIS IS PREMEDITATED MURDER?!"

"Reno," Ryna snorted from her spot. Rolling, she grabbed her tummy before tears started to swell up in her eyes. She was laughing uncontrollably because she knew exactly what Reno was referencing. "You really need to stop reading those silly books of yours!"

"Whaaaaat!?" Her head swiveled. "You know," her cheeks puffed out, "you're gonna be the first to die when I come back from the dead."

Falling into the hole, she flashed a grin back up to the Unai. "Okay, bury me real good. I'll break free and become... Godjirra!" Barring her fangs, she smirked. "And attack the Sharknado!" Clearly referring to Ryna.

"Yeah, okay,"
Ryna said with a sassy tone. "That's if you can catch me."

As the sun started to set, Reno found sand in her eyes (not the literal kind). Letting out a light yawn, she nuzzled Rory lightly. "We should probably start heading back."

Ryna gasped, shocked that Reno--for once in her life--took responsibility. "Goodness gracious." Her checks turned red. "Did burying you beneath all the stand clear your head of all your silly ways?"

"Mope,"
she said while shoving a whole melon into her mouth. "Miff miffs mi medder. Moff may-may."

"Reno," she laid her palm across her forehead. "Don't eat with your mouth full."

A second later, a snort erupted from Reno. "Don't eat with my mouth full. Oooooh, has Ryna lost her tongue?!"

"I..." Her cheeks flushed. "Ha, I guess I have." Eyes turning up to the setting sun, she blushed again. "But you are right. We should probably head back to camp." Her lips pressed together. "We should probably see where Zero went too. I don't like knowing that we haven't seen him for the past few hours."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-27-2016, 03:54 PM

The day had definitely been an exciting one, full of running and playing, which was a nice break from how upset Rory had been the day before. She sat cuddle against the pale haired woman, the two of them resting their heads against each other. As Reno yawned, the brown haired Unai couldn't fight the urge as well and yawned after the woman.

Abi sat not too far away, slowly nibbling on various pieces of the melons they had managed to find. They weren't poisonous, she easily knew as much, though she had to fight the fruit from Reno to check it before she simply tried to eat it through the rind.

Eyes rolling up, she was content at how peacful Rory looked. The distraction was definitely good and she hoped it kept up until she was safely able to say they could begin looking for her sister. If the same thing from the night before happened again that night, she wasn't sure if she would be able to give the go-ahead any time soon.

As the topic changed to looking for Zero, the green haired woman placed her piece of fruit onto a leaf she had before her. "He was supposed to meet up with us some time ago, I do believe," she said rolling her eyes over to Ryna. "Do you have any idea as to why he wouldn't have?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-28-2016, 07:34 PM

She could sense Faline's frustration. The woman hardly said a word to her, save for her inquiry regarding direction. With a light sigh, Aleu stepped to the Unai and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry about that. Heights have never been my forte. The man you saw, he's my husband. Once we get your memories straightened out, you can ask him about your parents. Until then, it's best we work on one thing at a time." She removed her hand and started to move down a different path which lead to the heart of the island. "The bond between you and your sister will make the news about your parents all the easier to bear. Besides," he glanced over her shoulder, "your sister, Rory, will want to learn about them too."

She didn't say much more after that. Instead, she just kept flicking her tail from side to side. It was easy to see that she was lost in thought, more so when she walked past their turn.

"Oopsie," a blush kissed her cheeks, "it was a left back that way." She shooed Faline back down the path they had just trekked. It wasn't much of a backtrack, maybe only five minutes, but it was still enough to make Aleu flustered.

"Anyway, we're looking for a cavern. It's called the Heart's Desire. I," her gaze fell on the sky above, "years ago I came to this island to escape death. I was badly injured and unable to leave. I learned of a cavern that could grant wishes. I was desperate to return to Rroy's side so I figured why not give it a try. After bathing in the pool I pushed you in, I made my way to the cavern. Only back then I didn't have to scale a mountain side. It was a gentle slope.

"Regardless, the cavern shows you your heart's desire. It's not easy though. You're put to the test. You're lead astray. You'll be tempted to learn truths about mysteries that once gripped you."
Her gaze moved to Faline. "Don't follow that rabbit. You know what you're looking for. If you wander down the wrong path, the fake desire, you'll come back wicked. You'll not be the same."

She let out a sigh. "I was tempted. I... there... there was a time when I could have sworn Rroy was going to stab me in the back. I thought for sure he was out for my blood. I saw visions of that and I... it took a lot not to walk that path. He might be my husband and I do love him dearly but, somewhere within, I feared he'd be the one to kill me."

Aleu pushed those darker thoughts from his mind before giving a firm nod. "I realized that it didn't matter. I was going to die if I couldn't get back to him. So I abandoned that desire and sought out the path that would lead me safely to his arms."

Lips curling into a smile, the woman's sighing seemed happier, almost like a lover's exhale. "Sure enough, I found him. And he held me so tight. I know without a doubt that, after seeing how he looked at me, he would never kill me." Aleu placed a hand on her heart. Her blue orbs seemed to shimmer as they filled with tears. "Some women will spend their whole life looking for love and I, I found mine. And to think, I doubted him. Psh, I was such a silly back during those days."

"We'll," she looked around the area, "we'll set up camp here tonight. We're close to the cave. It's magic will keep the beasts away. Tonight we shall have true sleep."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-28-2016, 07:50 PM

Faline looked at Aleu, the confusion clear on her face as she spoke about her parents and then Rory wanting to know about them too. "Wait," she said as she followed the other woman. "How doesn't Rory know about them? She hasn't lost her memories."

She received no answer though. A part of that didn't surprise the Unai at all. They traveled in silence until the wolf woman spoke up about missing a particular turn. Faline turned around, looking behind them; she wasn't sure how she could tell, it wasn't like they were on the clearest path out there. The fact that there was a path at all was rather impressive.

Once they were on the correct path, Aleu started to finally tell Faline what they were looking for. This hadn't been her first time to the island, but she could have guessed as much.

Faline's face contorted in displeasure as Aleu told her what this cavern showed them; it didn't sound all that pleasant. Was it worth returning to her sister knowing what she had forgotten? It had to be, but she didn't like the idea of learning the mysteries of what she had forgotten; what was so bad that her mind blocked it out?

She tried to imagine what sort of things would tempt her. Would they be related to Rory? They had to be, that was the only thing that made sense. Though, what else was lurking in the back of her mind that she couldn't grasp and could ooze its way back to tempt her?

"Why would you be tempted by him killing you in the first place?" Faline asked, her eyes sharp and watching the woman, her tone direct as though the idea of being a bit nicer with the question hadn't crossed her mind.

Faline eyed the area that Aleu wanted to set up camp, it was definitely out in the open. "You're sure this area is safe?" She questioned, a brow raised toward the other.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:18 PM

"You saw him," she said curtly, "he doesn't look like the kind of man you could trust. Those taunting red orbs and the cold skin to go with it. His grin his devious and he's always got a hidden angle. He's brilliant and a master of death. Also very powerful. He," she wasn't sure if it was wise to share this secret, but did so anyway, "he destroyed his home planet. His wrath is unlike anything I've ever seen."

Her gulp made her look guilty. "I might have done something foolish one day and learned my lesson. I was afraid he would actually hit me. The look on his face said he would but instead of getting physical, he chose his words carefully. Ripped my heart apart. I deserved it though. I started it. Still, I had never felt so weak in my life. If he had hit me, I knew I would have died."

Aleu picked up her tail and brushed her fingers through it. "We didn't always get along. There was a time were we used to fight constantly. I think we both liked the thrill of seeing rage in the other's eyes. But once we realized it was all just because we feared losing one another, it stopped." Her eyes rolled. "Love is stupid," she commented plainly. "I would recommend avoiding it but it's honestly the best feeling in the world. I can only hope you get to experience someday."

"And yes, I'm sure. This kind of magic repels the darkness that chases us. It's a different kind of magic. More, divine. It's holy. This land is a sanctuary. If the dark spirits come here, they will burn. That pond," Aleu smirked, "it's also a safe spot. And as you've noticed, so are the beaches. If you noticed, the sand is pale, very pale. It's also blessed with this divine magic."

As she built a fire, Aleu hummed lightly to herself. That was until she realized Faline was acting a bit strange. "Fear not, Faline, you'll do just fine. The rabbits you'll want to chase will be very obvious. I'm sure your parents will be one of them. You'll probably be tempted by things that involve Rory too. But remember, you want your memories."

She patted the earth beside her. "Come, come." She gave the woman a soft, smile. "Stop worrying. Your memories are memories for a reason. Those you don't need to know, you'll still forget. Sure, some will be painful but it's those memories that help you grow and learn. Some might be dark, but they'll help guide you toward the light. And, of course, there will be those happy memories that will cause that pretty face of yours to smile." Her hands cupped around Faline's cheeks. "Just you wait, you'll be glad to have them back. Just believe in yourself and know that these memories will help you find your destiny."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-28-2016, 08:34 PM

Faline rose an eye at the woman; when she saw Rroy, did she feel like she could trust him? She couldn't fully place it, his timing was definitely there for saving Aleu and while his looks made him appear intimidating, it wasn't really anything unusual for the woman who could use her blood to summon creatures from the void. The thing that made him appear the most untrustworthy was the fact that he seemed so disconnected to things around him. There was something about him, that while she wanted to not trust him, she couldn't fully do it.

"Who knows what dark, evil things I've done,"
Faline said, almost as though she were defending the man. "I can't help but feel me being here alone wasn't an accident. I can summon things, bad things, you've seen them." There was a woeful look on her face as she said, "Maybe I killed people that shouldn't have been killed. Who knows what I've done."

As Aleu spoke about how she had done something she hadn't, the Unai had nothing to say to that? How could she? As far as she knew, this world woman was the first real relationship she had; even though she had a sister, she didn't feel that bond between them.

Faline hook her head and sighed before saying, "It sounds like far too much effort than its worth. I can only hope I don't have someone that I loved in my past that's going to sneak up on me after all this is done."

Closing her eyes slowly, a part of Faline couldn't help but be surprised that these 'holy' places were letting her through. It was her fault that these things were coming after them and yet she moved freely.

Her eyes locked on Aleu who was busy building a fire. "Seems easy to say avoid the rabbit if you had memories to recall how it really happened," her tone was bitter, doubtful even as though she truly was doubting if she could tell those rabbits from fact.

Aleu was trying hard to encourage her and it did make the Unai feel bad for snapping at her as much as she had, but to say she wasn't worried would be wrong. She just smirked as she told her that her memories would help her find her destiny. Pulling away, she sighed before laying back on the ground, her eyes closing. "I can only hope my memories can lead to such pleasant things," she muttered to herself.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 04-22-2016, 02:31 PM

"This is Zero we're talking about. He's probably been here but didn't want to interfere so he left. Bet you ten dollars that when we find him, he'll comment on what we were doing and say he didn't want to ruin the fun." Ryna shook her head. "He's always been like that. Estranged and standoffish. He means well. We might not see eye to eye all the time, but he does uphold his promises, usually."

Reno nodded. "Yup, yup. He's too cool for us." Running forward, she did a little happy dance just before the foot of the forest. "If we're lucky, he has dinner cooking for us!"

Ryna shook her head. "I highly doubt that." Collecting their things, she wandered after Reno.

When they eventually made it back to camp, they were greeted by a warm fire. Though, no one was nearby. "Odd," Ryna's brows furrowed. "Who would abandon a fire. Do they not know it causes forest fires?"

"Maybe they knew we were coming?" Reno ran her hand along the log. "The seat's still warm."

"You sure it's not from the fire?" Ryna cocked a brow at her twin.

"Yes, I'm sure. This part is warm, this part is cool. There was definitely a body here." She sniffed it lightly. "Zero? Awww, look he made us a fire!"

"And dinner," his voice broke from the shadows with a pineapple. "Found a hog while I was out scouting the area. We'll be having ham and pineapple tonight, ladies."

The two girls looked at each other before blinking. Simultaneously the asked, "What's the catch?"

"I'll be out tonight. I sensed something up on the hills. You four will stay here with the others, assuming they return. If not, just stay put. I'll return in the morning with the report."

"And if you don't?" Someone had to ask, and it might as well be Reno.

"Don't come looking for me. Stick together." The space between he and the other Lypheion shrunk as their foreheads pressed against one another. "Got it?" Reno nodded silently, though she hated the idea.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-13-2016, 07:38 PM

"Sounds like someone you know?" Abi asked the other Unai with a smile as she knew just whom the other had been thinking about. Rory had a smirk on her face as she nodded, "Yup, Faline was known to not get involved with other people, especially when they were having fun. If she wasn't directly invited or brought it, she let it be, seeing as most of our pack tended to avoid her anyway." The dark haired creature was sure to leave out the part that her sister had nearly destroyed their village at one point.

As the group got back to camp, Abi's ears fell, though the trees around her assured that all was well. The woman took some comfort in that and soon enough, the person who had made the fire had indeed returned. "Hogs are very dangerous creatures to take on by herself," the green haired woman said, her tone almost having a warning sound in it as though she still didn't fully trust him after what had happened the night before. Yeah, she had heard bits and pieces of it, but the male was still secretive about it and that was what she didn't trust.

The forest Unai was quick to grab the other. "No, Rory, not yet," she said, her tone soft, almost whimsical. The yellow in the other's eyes seemed to alert and desperate, as though the mental break at the beach from earlier was gone. "But it could have been--" Abi cut her off though, "Maybe, but it also could have been what attacked the two of you to begin with. We do not want to risk it."

Orbs locking on the male Abi told him, rather than asking for his permission to do so, "The trees will keep watch over you and report to me in the morning. They will be able to tell me if you live once the sun rises or not. Should the report come back unclear, we will fortify the area before devloping a further plan."