Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 12:54 AM

Shaya

She looked up at the unexpected voice, feeling lust assault her once more. She gripped the chair harder as she flushed and glanced away…. Looking right at kim. Shaya made a soft sound at the back of her throat, closing her eyes as she pushed back the tide. She didn’t understand… what was going on? It didn’t make any sense … the stones shouldn’t be able to do this to her but she was running out of answers.

”I…suppose you are both correct. There are… dangerous there, from demonic spirits to physical ones to just ghosts. We will have to take great care….. ” She said quietly. Being an angel born she could normally guard them with her mere presence from possession and other mental attacks but right now she was not sure how strong she could make her protection…

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 AM

Kim put a finger to her lips, gently gnawing on the nail. This definitely took precedence over her being. But Kim figured she might get in the way, since she didn't know much about magic or beings. Lionel didn't count, since he seemed to be unusual in terms of ghosts. Kim remained silent for a moment. What should I do? Is there anything I can do? If the others had to do something, she'd let them. Her condition could wait, couldn't it...? She sighed, twirling a finger around in her newly-lengthened hair. Shaya had occult books. If one of them talked about different types of curses or water spirits, Kim might gain a clue to what she might be. Once this matter was settled, or semi-settled, Kim would ask again. Right now, she'd just listen.

Last edited by CADFND; 08-12-2011 at 01:08 AM..

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 08-12-2011, 01:07 AM

Mei-Zhen turned her attention back to the inn-keep. "I passed through without trouble," was her response, voice sounding mildly confused. She knew she doesn't run fast in that form, her body was nearly too long to run efficiently. "Do they avoid some?" She mentally shook her head, telling herself not to get off track. Though, to be honest, it could be important.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 08-12-2011, 01:14 AM

Ti gave half a smile. "I will have no trouble protecting us from the physical, and perhaps I can help defend again the others, but I am not sure." he said, trying his hardest to ignore Shaya's display of troubles. He figured if he did not think about the Kokorobi, then he could keep it under control better.

He turned to look at the oriental woman as she spoke again. She was down there before, and was unharmed... perhaps she had something they did not like or at least tolerated. Could they maybe use that to their advantage?

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 AM

Shaya

”I have never heard of anyone being avoided….. And they tend to be territorial to the living.” Shaya said with a soft tone of surprise. Were they weakening she thought as she glanced towards Kim and seeing her nervousness. For a moment guilt replaced the lust and she was truly herself in one clear moment. She reached to touch Kim’s hand, not realizing her own hand would feel like Shaya had a fever all over. She gave her a reassuring smile.

”You don’t need to worry about any of this though Kim… Rebecca can take you to the library if you just call for her…” She said, only to pull back her hand as she realized it wanted to do something…else. She put her hands determinedly into her lap and frowned in thought. Finally she ran a hand through her hair and made a decision.

”I can protect us from the others… but due to my… distracted state if I do it will take all I have so you both will have to deal with the physical…”

((thunderstorm ehre so if I poof that's why))

KageShio

Old 08-12-2011, 01:31 AM

((Alright))

Ti looked over to Kim as Shaya spoke to her. His eyes narrowed a moment as he caught something familiar coming off her, though he could not place what it was. Brushing it aside for now, he focused back on the task at hand, giving a stiff nod to Shaya as she explained her limit. "That will not be a problem. When will we be leaving?" he said almost casually. He honestly was not disturbed by the thought of strange magic and battle as some would be, a side effect of his "upbringing".

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 AM

((Okay. :) ))

Kim smiled, offering a small "Okay." Followed with a nod. Chances are, if she didn't know what she herself was, Kim wouldn't be able to help at all. She left, Lionel quietly following. When she figured she was far enough away to not disturb the conversation, she called out. "Rebecca?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 01:43 AM

Rebecca

The ghost appeared, having been lurking nearby. There was a look on her face, pensive and full of thought. She gave kim a smile though and floated down the hall towards the library a little. She waved for Kim to follow, trying to seem as bouncy as usual but she was concerned over Shaya too. It had been a long time since she had anyone to be concerned for…

”Library’s this way kimmy” She said cheerfully.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 01:53 AM

Kim smiled at Rebecca, following as the ghost-girl bounced in midair, "Thank you." She paused, it wouldn't hurt to ask, right? "Say, are there any books you'd recommend about curses or water spirits?" Kim played with her hair as she walked, quickly getting a little annoyed with it. There was a reason that she kept her hair short.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 AM

Rebecca

”well here’s where she keeps most of her occult books and research. I don’t know if you‘ll find anything but if it‘d be anywhere it‘d be here” Rebecca said absently, pointing to a grouping of books and papers. She seemed distracted, going to float over the desk. She was frowning in thought. She then glanced towards the way the came.. Thinking.

----------

Shaya

”We.. Can go whenever... immediately if you like…but you don’t have to do this… I can handle it… it will just take a little time.” Shaya murmured, not quite as sure as she pretended to be. She didn’t want to see anyone hurt, despite her considering this plan in her moment of weakness. What if someone got hurt? She could not live with that…

Drakina

Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 AM

"Soon would likely be a good idea," Mei-Zhen said, standing up again. The inn-keep looked like she had just about as much of this as she could take. She glanced at the other woman as she left, seeing the playful spirit guide her off. "I have no weapons on me besides my natural ones, I have no need of them, usually." It seemed to her like this was one of those times that a blade may come in handy, as her natural form was awkward on land. Just as long as she remembered how to use it.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 02:26 AM

Kim nodded, looking at the range of books and papers. That would certainly be a good place to start. She quietly thanked Rebecca as she floated back towards the desk. It was quite a grouping, but she wanted any information that might give her clues or outright tell her what she was.

"So, throwing simplicity to the wind, then?" Lionel commented, his eyes surveying as he pulled a chair over and handed another to Kim.

"What simplicity? I was fooling myself if I ever thought this condition would be simple..." Kim smiled, laughing softly. "Maybe I can find a little insight into what's going on, too. Things are connected in eerie ways. Maybe there's a reason that everyone came here so suddenly."

"You and your creative head." Lionel smirked, poking Kim's forehead, causing her to flinch.

She half smiled, picking a cerulean-colored book off one of the shelves, and sat down, crossing one leg over the other as she leaned back. Somehow, holding the book was like having her hands in the ocean. Maybe she'd get lucky.

KageShio

Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 AM

Ti nodded in agreement with the woman. "I believe the sooner we take action, the better." he said, pausing a moment before looking to the oriental woman. "I have a blade you may use if you need.... ano, I am sorry but I do not know your name." he said, turning to her fully and bowing. "I am Ti Mizu." he said, keeping the formalities brief as his mind stayed on the task at hand.

Drakina

Old 08-12-2011, 02:52 AM

Mei-Zhen returned the bow, a small smile on her face. "You may call me Mei-Zhen," she replied, straightening. "Thank you for loaning me the use of a blade." She turned back to the inn-keep, holding a hand out to help her up. She didn't consider herself attractive, so thought others would think the same.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 02:56 AM

Shaya

”very well… just let me change into a pair of pants….” Shay said quietly, frowning at the floor. She was confused at their willingness to help her when there was so much danger…She simply nodded, giving in. she couldn’t fight this on her own much longer…

She stood with mei's help without thinking. the skin contact made her temperature spike even further and her lust rise. Mei was not unattractive no matter what she thought and Shaya pulled her hand out as if she'd been burned. She trembled a moment, gasping for breath before walking towards her room despite her trembling form. She had to get this over with..

She would be gone a few minutes and when she came out she would look a little different. Her hair would be pulled back in a much tighter braid so it would stay out of the way, and her clothing was no longer vintage. It was a plain pair of slacks and a long sleeved, simple cotton top.

”I’ll lead you to the entrance closest to one of the stones…” She said quietly, walking towards the entrance in question. She turned and kept her pace steady, figuring the others would follow. She was shivering a little, still feeling the dark energy push towards her. Couldn’t they at least have been ugly? It’d have been easier…

Last edited by Staria; 08-12-2011 at 02:59 AM..

KageShio

Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 AM

Ti gave Mei-Zhen a small smile, "I shall go retrieve my things." with that he turned and walked up the stairs after Shaya, trying is hardest not to notice the way her hips swung as she walked. Pushing aside the rising lust, he slipped into his room.

A few minutes later he emerged, hair roughly tied back into a loose ponytail at his neck and a lush, pitch-black cloak wrapped about his shoulders. He carried his full Katana, the elegant blade sheathed in dark stained bamboo with gold etching, and a set of Wakizashi, the half-blades sheathed similarly, but the bamboo was a deep green-blue color. Each had black silk cording with which to lash it to a belt or sash.

After making his way down the stairs, he walked over to Mei, holding out the blades. "This is what I have to offer, what ever you do not use, I shall."

Drakina

Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 AM

Mei-Zhen tilted her head, watching as the inn-keep went to change. "A fever?" she muttered quietly, to herself more than anything else. When Ti returned, she gingerly picked up one of the Wakizashi, unsheathing it to see the shape of the blade itself. It took a moment for her arm to adjust to it. "I am used to a different blade, but I shall try this one."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 03:30 AM

Shaya

She glanced between the two a moment as they got their weapons, sighing slightly. She hated having to involve or depend on others.. She really did. She frowned to herself, shaking her head and waiting for them to follow. Once she did she would walk to a painting of a unicorn and maiden. . It had originally been a scowling man but she’d moved the painting into the attic as she disliked it.

She moved the painting she would feel around for a slight groove. Using the groove she was able to move a hidden panel back. Inside the panel was a switch which she pressed. She replaced the panel and the painting as the wall behind her slid silently free. Once it was fully open they would see a downward slopped tunnel leading to the other the long tunnels. About five foot from where the initial tunnel leveled off there was a small opening in the wall. Inside the opening would be the remains of an alter and the first stone.

The stone was large and black, making up a small section of the wall. From the stone came several tiny black cracks of similar stone, the cracks were pulsing softly. With each pulse Shaya would feel a spike in her feeling, but up here it was bearable. Down there it would be harder but she had to go…Inside the stone the symbol of what looked like a woman with demon wings was carved worshiping at a male demons feet.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 04:23 AM

As Kim read further into the book, she read about sirens and mermaids and other mythical creatures of the deep blue sea from mixed mythologies, learning that she was none of them. After what felt like hours, she leaned her head back, sighing. Lionel had been reading through several books as they floated around him, what about, she didn't particularly know. He appeared to be either deeply intrigued or concerned. When he made either face, it looked similar to the other. Kim held her place with her thumb and looked at the cover of the book. It only had a design that looked strangely like the cracks she'd get on her hands. She traced them with her pointer-finger for a moment before going back to her reading. Upon reading about Selkies, she questioned whether it truly fit her, but decided against it.

"Well," Lionel sighed, putting the books he'd read back on the shelf and picking a set of new ones, "did you find anything?"

"Do I seem like a selkie to you?" Kim asked, "Or part selkie?"

"No. Just... No. If you were, you'd be long gone." Lionel said, shaking his head.

Kim nodded, returning to the pages of the book. She continued reading on, but feeling like she was getting nowhere. Well, at least she knew about some of the other creatures of the deep blue sea. With a faint glint of hope, she started to look through a section designated for beings that were hybrids. Maybe there she could find some answers.

KageShio

Old 08-12-2011, 04:28 AM

He gave a half smile to Mei, "I had figured as much, but this is all I have, gomen." he said as he turned to follow Shaya, securing both the remaining wakizashi and the katana to the deep crimson sash at his waist. His attention was then solely on Shaya and what she was doing. He took note of every detail in case the information was needed later.

When she descended the damp stone corridor, he followed without hesitation, left hand resting lightly on the hilt of the wakizashi. His vivid eyes scanned every inch of the stone halls as he slowly walked down them, his senses alight as the darkness in the halls reached out to him, giving him both strength and hindrance.

When they came to the first altar, his grip tightened on the wakizashi. He too noticed the pulse the stone gave off, each beat seeming stronger than the last. Staring at the figures trapped in the stone, he felt a heat creep over his skin. His breath caught in his throat as it seemed to linger over his core, enticing him to let go of the energies he had trapped there.

He took a step back and wrapped his cloak about his torso. He immediately felt relief as the enchantment in the fabric shielded him from the invading energy, absorbing and neutralizing it.

Drakina

Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 AM

Mei-Zhen followed the other two, memorizing the secret to opening this tunnel. The same would likely close it, should they need to. Securing the blade to her own sash, she strengthened her personal barriers. When they came to the alter, she stepped closer, examining the cracks in the stone. The energy wasn't familiar, but that didn't surprise her. She took a look at the figures, eyes narrowing as she took the image in. "I do not understand this energy," she said in a clipped tone, voice not as soft as it once was. She stepped back, feeling something trying to slip inside her protections.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 04:50 AM

She read through countless curses and hexes that water creatures were known to cast or fall victim to. She sighed, taking another break from the reading. It was so odd... No matter how many curses and creatures she read about in the book, she didn't come across a single one that seemed to fit her. She rolled her eyes at the ceiling.

"Lionel, did you by any chance find something?" Kim asked, straightening her posture.

"Eh... Well, you don't seem like a mermaid. Maybe you're a water fairy or something." Lionel shrugged, putting the books down and setting them back on their shelves. He walked over and looked at the book Kim was holding. "Can I see that?"

"It's all yours." She said, handing it to the ghost. She did like mythology, but most of it was written very dryly if it wasn't the original pieces. She'd much rather be drawing now. She looked at her hands for a moment while Lionel skimmed through the book. Her hands hadn't gotten sore once. She had fallen asleep in the sea, but she hadn't had to go back once, not even to stick her feet in. That perplexed her, seeing as she usually had to make several trips in order to keep her hands intact.

"Hey, did you get to the part about the Lorelei Curse?" Lionel asked, handing the book back to Kim.

"No..." She said slowly, "... I take it I should read it."

Lionel nodded. "Clue one's waiting for you, dear."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 AM

Shaya

Shaya stood at the wall, leaning a forearm against it then her forehead against her arm. Her eyes were closed and she was clearly in pain but her angelic energy wrapped around them like a gentle breeze. It would lock out the other energies, keeping the safe…Including from demonic spirits beginning to gather around the intruders. Some prodded at Ti and Mei’s mind only to hit against Shaya’s shielding of them and back off with a shriek. As she felt it, she half smiled gently as if satisfied. She could keep them out… she could still be of use even as her body tore at her.

Rebecca

Rebecca sat at the desk, watching Kim absently but her mind was heavy with not so childish thoughts. She could feel the demonic presence could destroy the angel blood in fair Shaya… that it wanted to. It could destroy all the good her friend could do… all that love and peace that she’d seen Shaya give could be destroyed just like that…

”Lorelei curse?” She asked, more to interrupted her own thoughts then anything.

KageShio

Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 AM

Ti turned to Shaya as he felt her energy swirl around them, face quickly portraying concern. It was clear that she was being injured somehow... was it from using her energy? "Shaya-san, concentrate on protecting only yourself for now, do not stretch yourself beyond your abilities." he said, the statement sounding more like an order than a suggestion, his attitude rapidly changing. It was situations such as this that he was apt to take command, his training making sure he did so with the utmost efficiency.

"We are barely into the journey, do not wear yourself down. Mei-sama and I can defend ourselves well enough." He said, looking to the dragoness. He could see that she had her own defenses in place, and knew that his cloak would suffice until they got closer to the source of the power that lay in the stones.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 AM

Shaya

Shaya winced at the sound of his voice, curls of the white hot energy inside her cutting at her as he reminded her she was not alone. Images that had nothing to do with fighting but instead… other physical pursuits pushed in on her but she swallowed harder and pushed them back. It was not using her powers that hurt… it was being so close to this demonic stone….filled with a demons blood. Being an angel’s descendant gave her powers to fight demons yes, but in her weakened state it also gave her many ways to be hurt.

”It is not my abilities that are being stretched… I’m fine.” She muttered absently, focusing again on simply burying the feelings. She had to focus on something else and so was doing her best to simply not think at all She would lead them to the various stone sights and see what was to be done…She just had to bare it…