Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 02:04 AM

I have absolutely no qualm with books being made into movies. It actually gets people to read more, because if they really love a movie, they'll be thirsty for more material and even if they don't typically read, they'll buy the book. That helps writers and fans alike. Books have been turned into films at least as early as the 1930s, and before that people had plays that were adapted from books or written specifically for theater. That's...just how it works. I don't know what there is to complain about.

Remakes of older movies, I can also understand. So many years ago, we didn't have cell phone and computers, and those things drastically change how we react, think, and behave as human beings.

What I don't particularly like is *recent* films being made into whole new movies. If the original is still fresh in my mind, I don't want to see the parts recast...unless the original was terrible. Example: Disney(?) is remaking "A Wrinkle in Time." Now, that is one of my absolute favorite books of all time. There have been movie versions before, but they completely miss the mark. And frankly, after seeing the trailers, I think the new one is going to be another disappointment. But either way, if more people purchase the book and experience its true magic, I can't begrudge the film for not doing it justice.

whispersinthedark
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2017, 10:43 PM

I get what you are saying. It is a little sad that they are remaking old movies and making book adaptions of books.
That being said if you kept to the original books then those movies will be like ten hours log. Personally I do not want to sit threw a ten hour film. The scrip writers themselves have to work hard on making the script, which might end up being a good scrip. Now the vision of the Director can make or break a movie in my opinion.
There are some movie adaptations that are good, some that are awesome.... And then there is their is the abominations.