Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Kai had just finished make a plate of more toast than two people could eat when Axsher walked into the room. He just indicated the plate with an egg turner. "French toast." Surprisingly, the food looked normal and the scene of Kai in the kitchen cooking, also terribly normal. Considering the state his kitchen had been in before Axsher moved in, the whole scene must have looked unusual. Kai just put the plate on the table and started eating right off of it.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 PM

Axsher snagged a piece and chuckled, "I thought I was the chef in the apartment," taking a bite of the toast he hummed, "This is super good though." Smiling he kissed Kai's cheek as a thank you and got another piece to eat before he gave Kai his space to do what he was going to do. "I mean these hit the spot, I was so hungry!" Chuckling again he got some syrup and a plate he poured it in the plate then dipped a piece of french toast in it. "I could totally get use to waking up to this every day." He joked, winking at Kai.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 12:27 AM

Kai ate in near silence, listening rather than speaking. He couldn't help the warm glow that settled over him at the complimentary words Axsher said. "It's not happening every day," he said bluntly. He didn't know why he was doing this at all. He was acting like he cared about Axsher. Sure he was special and Kai couldn't get enough of him, but what exactly was the depth of it? He shook his head to clear it of the confusing thoughts. "I just wanted to cook."

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 12:55 AM

"Well I didn't know that you could cook so well." Smiling as he took another bite. Soon there was none left on his plate, "Hmm I'm stuffed. Putting his plate in the sink and washing it off he smiled at Kai, "Would you like to do anything today besides finishing your work?" He questioned almost quietly. Truth was Axsher was feeling bad about not having a job and wanted to go and find one. Which would be hard considering his work history was a long list with short amounts of time on them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 01:21 AM

"I'm going to finish my work first. Ask me later." Kai said that half as an excuse because he as usual had no ideas of what to do. He stared down at his plate and the honey colored residue coating it. After pushing the last few crumbs around, he dropped his plate into the sink to be washed later. "Can't you do something without me today?" He shrugged his shoulder carefully, trying to sound like he didn't care whether Axsher stayed or went.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 01:49 AM

Axsher tilted his head, "Yes, I could, but will you be okay with that?" He questioned as he watched Kai, he wasn't acting like himself and he wanted to know what was going on. Sighing he popped his neck. "I mean I'd just be going to search for a job honestly. Nothing to amazing or anything." He said as he looked at yesterdays newspaper he bought. "There is a position at the local library I was thinking I could go apply to and to a game slash comic book store." He smiled at the thought of the latter.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 02:05 AM

Kai nodded as he looked at the dishes in the sink. Finally he turned and wandered toward his room without going there outright. "Do what you want. That's the way I always am. It doesn't matter, do what you need." Did he care? Kai had yet to figure it out. He obviously shouldn't be bothered if Axsher left to find a job and it would give Kai the time and peace he needed to draw. He decided that was exactly what he wanted because it was a hell of an argument. "I don't mind."

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 02:30 AM

Nodding his head he started walking for the door as he grabbed his coat. "All right, I wont be to long." He smiled and went to Kai, giving him a peck on the lips, "Bye hun." With that he walked out of the apartment. Slowly walking to his bike he thought to himself, 'I think that the gaming/comic book job would be the best and it's closer so I might as well get there first.' Driving off he smiled when he arrived at the store. After taking a look around he went to the counter, "So I saw that you were hiring, may I have an application?" After getting it he filled it out there on the spot and smiled brightly at the assistant manager. Once that was over her went straight to the Library to do the same. All in all it took about two and half hours. Once heading back to the apartment he slowly walked into it and headed to the bedroom to see if his love was busy or not.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 02:51 AM

After Axsher left, Kai sat down at his desk. He dropped into his mindset where nothing besides his drawing existed. It was easier that way. He didn't have to think about feelings or the troubling coldness that came the second Axsher left the apartment. Pages flew by until he was done, but he didn't feel any sense of acomplisment. Switching quickly, he moved to the bed where he sat with his drawings of Axsher spread out all around him. By now, there were quite a few all showing different levels of care.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 04:19 AM

Axsher shut and locked the door behind him then entered the room. He was suprised to say the least at the fact Kai had drawings of him spread around. "Are you done with your book?" Questioning curiously as he stepped closer, "Is that me?" Looking at pictures he smiled, "These are really good. You're such an amazing artist!" Happily he hugged Kai, being careful not to mess up any of the pictures, he actually did like them very much and thought it was rather adorable of Kai to do it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 05:16 AM

Kai was so intent on his thoughts that he didn't hear the door open or the other man approach. When Axsher hugged him, he jumped and pulled away, nearly falling off the bed in the process. "Y-you! Wha...when did you?" Words failed to come. He looked down at his drawings before snatching them up and holding them to his chest. His face turned a deep shade of pink and his fingers trembled over the papers that started to crease. "Don't look at them!"

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 05:57 AM

"Well why can't I look at them? You're really amazing at drawing my love." He said sitting down on the bed and smiling. "I also think it's rather cute." Winking he watched the blush on Kai's face, "You have no reason to be embarrassed, I'd draw you if I could draw." Honestly he would but he just wasn't talented in that area. HE could make Kai some food, that was his talent. Smiling again he scooted closer, "May I ask why you decided to draw me though?" He asked curiously.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 AM

Kai just sat there shaking his head. It didn't even make sense. The voice in the back of his head screamed how completely illogical he was acting, but somehow that only made him more resistant to relenting. The drawings were a special part of him and his way of expressing himself. It was like baring his heart and it hurt to think about doing that. Kai's fingers lessened their grip on the drawings just slightly. "They're just drawings. It's nothing. You don't need to see," he mumbled in a barely incoherent tone. He didn't once lift his eyes to look at Axsher.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 06:22 AM

Axsher frowned and looked at Kai, he looked like a kicked puppy. Sighing he shook his head, "Alright, if that's what you want, then I wont look at them until you want me to." He got off the bed and smiled sadly at the other, "I'll be in the living room playing video games if you want to join me even to just hang." Now smiling for real, at the thought of being near Kai, he exited the room and headed straight to the couch where he would could play the video game, deciding on Lollipop Chainsaw. Smiling as he turned on the game he was so stoked to kill zombies.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Kai felt even worse for pushing Axsher away, but he also felt relief wash over him. Once the other man left the room, he spread out the drawings again. A touch of sadness turned down his lips as he brushed the crinkled edges. "I want to show him, but I just can't..." he whispered to himself. Kai glanced out toward the couch before tucking all the drawings into a sketch book. There were drawings of a few other men, but none as numerous as Axsher. Sitting down again, Kai started on a new drawing, this time with colored inks.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 PM

Axsher was sitting there playing his video game. Sitting there he continued to play video games but switched to playing call of duty ghost. Smiling as he played he put the headset on and started trash talking like every other player did. He was fairly amused, some seven year old kid was trash talking terribly. "Oh yea, my mom is fat? That's the worst thing your tiny little brain can think of? Get out of here kid, you're not old enough to talk trash yet kiddo.'' Laughing he smiled and and turned off the xbox, going into the kitchen to get a glass of water and eat a piece of left over pizza.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-25-2014, 04:27 AM

Every drawing got tucked away. After that, Kai crept into the living room. He didn't make a noise to signal himself, but moved closer in by inch from behind. What to say? What to do? But he wanted to be near Axsher. Once he made it to the couch, he crossed his arms along the back. "Did you find a job?" he asked. This was a safe topic.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 05-26-2014, 01:56 AM

Axsher paused the game and titled her head back and smiled happily, "I have a good chance to get a job soon" He smiled and turned to the side so not to stretch his neck wrong, "Did you finish your drawings?" He asked curiously as he took a sip of water. "It seemed like you finished but I can't be sure you know.' he mumbled as he looked at the ceiling suddenly tired.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 AM

Kai nodded his head. "Yes. I called my manager to come and pick them up in the morning." That was usually how it went. Usually Kai would finish his book then go into a near coma state to catch up on sleep and his manager would let himself in and collect the pages. Since Kai ended up sleeping better this time and working in less of a frenzy, he didn't feel that sort of deep need to sleep now. "Do you want to do something? I want to go for a walk."

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 06-16-2014, 06:02 PM

"Well then lets go for a walk, you can totally show me some of your favorite places around here." He smiled, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. Smiling he got up to put his glass away happily humming along the way, knowing that the other was in a pretty good mood as well as himself. Smirking he walked back, leaning against the back of the couch he smiled, "Okay Kai, lets go!" He said excitedly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2014, 06:47 PM

Kai nodded and sat by the door to put on his shoes. The worn canvas felt soft around his feet and even the hole near the sole looked familiar. "Alright, though I have nowhere I want to walk." Walking to a destination didn't appeal, just the walking part. Standing, Kai pushed the door open. "It's funny. Normally I'd be tired at a time like this."

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 06-16-2014, 06:57 PM

"Well is that good or bad?" He questioned as he moved from the couch to the door. After exiting the apartment he rubbed the back of his neck, noticing he forgot his jacket but figured it would be okay anyway. Sighing he popped the joints in his elbows as he stretched, "Alright, lets go!" His voice sounded excited but his face was normal. Such a strange thing was normal for him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM

Kai just shrugged as he walked to the street and turned right. "Good or bad? I don't think it's either. It's just a fact," he said. He didn't dislike being awake though. Maybe if he walked like this, he could tire out and sleep after. He did hate being awake when his manager came because then they would have to talk. "Do you like any of the places in town? Where do you go on days like this?"

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 06-19-2014, 01:04 AM

Axsher shrugged his shoulders noncommital, "Well I love the comic book store I applied to... and I love video game places. They have a shop here that lets you play video games and has a pizza buffet too. It's really awesome if you like video or arcade games." He followed Kai, not sure where they were, "or I love the library, I spend a lot of time there too." He shrugged again, walking up next to Kai and brushing his hand against the other, curious as to whether kai was the hand holding type or not.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 AM

At first Kai didn't notice when Axsher brushed his hand against his. The motion's significance passed by him until a second later. He reacted slowly, but captured Axsher's hand and laced their fingers together. Out of habit, he turned onto a street that lead to a number of bars. The city's night life lay in this direction and he tended to walk that way even without meaning too. He tilted his head. "I don't know where any of those places are. Where's the comic store? Do you want to go there?"