The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2017, 03:11 PM

*Banner by Nephila*

Last edited by Nephila; 12-09-2017 at 05:49 AM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2017, 03:11 PM

We're finally back in Menewsha! Wait? What? When is it now? Where did all this ocean come from? Uh oh . . . Looks like we're 10000 years in the future. And menewsha is underwater! This doesn't bode well for our wintry celebrations.

Last edited by The Time Machine; 11-20-2017 at 01:38 AM..

Cecilia
Li'l Cutie
NPC

Old 11-08-2017, 09:26 PM

Aww Boq Boq and Xeox feel bad their ship is broken. Look at all this water. Hey! You know what? Where there's sea, there's sea shells! Let's find some pretty shells to decorate the Time Machine for Boq Boq and Xeox to make them feel better. I've heard treasure can be in shells. Maybe we can find some!

Dice rolls from 1-6= Didn't find any shells
Dice rolls from 7-11= That's a pretty one, 250g!
A Dice rolls of 12= Oh, wow! You found treasure, 1000g!

Quote:
[LEFT][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=pink]Oooh, A Pretty Seashell![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[B]Username:[/B] Your name
[B]A Sea Shell:[/B] Picture of a sea shell
[dice]12[/dice]
Should look like:

Ooo A Pretty Seashell!

Username Cecila
Shell picture:
The 12-sided dice lands on 10

Days start at 3PM Central Standard time everyday.

Last edited by Nephila; 12-26-2017 at 04:52 AM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2017, 06:59 AM

Cloaked in the skies above Ancient Merket, the kids have just gotten off the phone with Cecilia's grandfather. Boq boq and Xeox place the intergalactic time talk device back on the main board of their computer.

Xeox: I am happy Cecilia's grandpa didn't sound upset. However, I did not think the parental units would come after us. Boq Boq, are you sure you we're cleared for this school assignment?
Boq Boq: Well, if I told you no, and that there was no such assignment. . . Would you be mad?
Xeox: What do you think?
Boq Boq: I just missed Cessy and I hate that we aren't allowed to visit when we want because of grown up rules.

Xeox threw her Fashionable fish hat down at Boq Boq's feet and gave him a death glare that sent a shock down his spine.

Xeox: We take her home now, Boq boq!
Boq Boq: Okay. Okay. Just let me enter in these fast forward coordinates.

Cecila hated seeing them fight with each other and since she doesn't have her own brother or sister, she doesn't understand why they bicker like this. She tried changing the subject.

Cecilia: Too bad we won't be able to understand Yumeh anymore when we leave Merket.
Yumeh: Yes, it is unfortunate. Humans make better servants when they know what you're saying.

Cecila laughed and poked Yumeh's belly. It had grown from the ample feasting at the Celes Pardi celebration and left him on the portly side all around.

Boq Boq: Coordinates entered
Xeox: Time jump initiated.

The ship bent and stretched as it cut through time like a hot butter knife.

Last edited by The Time Machine; 11-20-2017 at 12:42 AM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

The ship came to a slow stop. As it did, pressure lights flashed across the computer screen.

Xeox: That's odd.
Cecilia: What is it?
Xeox: The ships haul is under extreme pressure. Like it's under water.
Boq Boq: Increasing internal pressure.

Yumeh bats at one of the windows as a bunnyfish swims by. Xeox glances over at yumeh.

Xeox: Why did you put us in the Ocean?
Boq Boq: I did not. We are precisely where we were before we left Menewsha. See even check the data.
Xeox: Well, the location is right. However, the time dial is reading an extra digit . . . 12017.
Boq Boq: Oops, how'd that happen?
Cecilia: We're in the future now!
Boq Boq: Yup. Pretty cool.
Xeox: Please, tell me this was an accident and you didn't do it on purpose.
Boq Boq: Hey, being friends with a human is one thing, messing with the temporal prime directive is another.
Xeox: I hope so. Best we get out of here before Cecila see's something she shouldn't.

Xeox tries correcting the time dial to present day. When she does, Yumeh hops up on the computer board and bats at a globe like display that was connected to the main systems frame.

Xeox: Yumeh! No! Bad kitty. Get down!

The display crackles and vanishes. Just like that the system locked and the standby lights came on.

Boq Boq: Uh oh. Should have installed the anti-feline protocols.
Xeox: Looks like we're stuck here until the ship comes back online.
Cecila: How long will that be?
Boq Boq: About nine or ten days.
Xeox: Nine or ten bad kitty less days.

Xeox picked up her ray gun and put Yumeh in a stasis bubble to prevent any further furry floop ups.

Last edited by The Time Machine; 11-20-2017 at 12:42 AM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Xeox: Cecila, we can't let you see your peoples future. It's too much.
Cecila: Hm, why not?
Xeox: I can't really say. I'm sorry.
Cecila: I understand.

Xeox held up her ray gun getting ready to make aim at Cecila. There was a bright flash and when it was over Xeox was in a stasis bubble.

Boq Boq: Sorry sis, but I don't want to be alone with you in the near dark for nine days. I'd rather go on adventure with Cecilia.
Cecilia: I wish you two wouldn't fight.
Boq Boq:Oh, she'll be alright. When we return you to Menewsha, I'll tell our parental units it was all my fault in a fully detailed report. She's mostly worried about getting in trouble anyway.

Cecilia looked out the window to a watery scene below.

Cecila: Hey! I've never looked for seashells this far underwater before.
Boq Boq: Want to?
Cecilia: Okay. Wait. What was Xeox saying about my people?
Boq Boq: Something boring. Let's suit up!

Boq Boq shot her with the disguise ray and put them both in high tech looking scuba suits.

Last edited by The Time Machine; 11-20-2017 at 12:43 AM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Cecilia admired her cute spacey scuba gear. And turned to the floating Xeox and Yumeh.

Cecilia: Hey Yumeh, whatya think?

. . . Silence . . .

Cecilia: Oh, ya. Stasis.
Boq Boq: Come on, let's go find some shells so it's pretty when they both wake up.
Cecilia: Like Winter Nights! I wonder where all the people are. And how do they celebrate Winter's Nights with all this water and no snow.
Boq Boq: People? Oh, the Menewshans. Hmm, interesting questions. Maybe if we see some, we can ask them.
Cecilia: I don't think Xeox would like that.
Boq Boq: No probably not.

Boq Boq walked towards what appeared to be a launch pad of sorts.

Boq Boq: Step on this panel so we can get collecting.
Cecilia: Okay!

The panel beams a force field made of light around them. Water from outside the ship started to fill up the space around them. The panel opens underneath them and they are outside the ship.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Cecilia swims happily along the bottom of the sea as Boq Boq seems distracted by the city inside a bubble looming in the distance.

One after another, she examines the shells she finds. Replacing some and collecting others in a bag. She notices Boq Boq using a scanning device. She wondered what he was looking for.

She swam up to him and pointed to the device.

He pointed off into the distance. Maybe he was looking for something to help the ship recharge faster.

He started off into the distance and she followed, collecting shells as they went.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

After what seemed like a a short time to Cecilia, they came to an area where the water seemed to get thin and harder to swim in.

They passed through the bubble that was encompassing the city. They found that there was gravity and began to walk. Boq Boq smiled as Cecila and motioned to her mask. Taking the hint she removed it.

Cecilia: Wow It's like we're in a snow-globe, only the water is on the outside!
Boq Boq: It is a remarkable technology. It makes me curious though. Why would they put a force field around the city when they could rebuild on the surface.
Cecilia: Hmm. good question. *she shrugged* I wondered if they'd have space ships in the future. But it looks like they all live underwater now.
Boq Boq: They may yet. If they do, I hope they have a few things I can use for the ship.
Cecilia: Do you think they use sand dollars for money?
Boq Boq: Hehe, if they even use money anymore.

They walk around the edges of town on what used to be a beach. Cecilia notices some golden shells.

Cecilia: Ooo these are really pretty I've never seen anything like them before on the beach.
Boq Boq: Those are really nice.

Cecilia happily put them away in her pouch and threw it over her shoulder.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2017, 07:00 AM

As Cecilia put more shells into her pouch Boq Boq noticed a large billboard. He scanned and translated the title out loud.

Come see the exquisite "Last of the Great-land Plants" exhibit showing now at your local museum!

Cecilia: *giggle* What? Great-land Plants?
Boq Boq: That's what that thing says.

He points towards the billboard with an evergreen pine on it.

Cecilia: That's a strange thing to put in a museum, what's the "great-land?"
Boq Boq: Not sure . . .want to find out?
Cecilia: Yes! I love the museum!
Boq Boq: Alright but we have to be careful not to run into anyone.
Cecilia: We're both sneaky. Should be no problem.

They walk toward the inner part of the city. It was oddly quiet and it made Cecilia uneasy.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

As they walked past shops and houses, they noticed a lot of the buildings were open concept with no walls. They saw people in their bed fast asleep.

Cecilia: I guess it's night time?
Boq Boq: Seems so.

In the center of town a large display of different sized bubbles glowed. Inside of the bubbles were all kinds of trees and flowers. At the center of which was a huge pine tree.

Cecilia: What do the displays say?
Boq Boq: Hang on let me scan them.

The translation device started scanning all the plaques. When it stopped, Boq Boq read outloud.

"These trees are a sad reminder and testament to the surface world we lost. By our gills, let us never forget. Blessed is the Blue."

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Back on the ship, Xeox's eyes flutter awake. Her antennae perked up and she looked around. She had taken a few perceptions previous to embarking on this field trip. It was not uncommon for Boq Boq to zap his sister with this same ray while in a feud.

Xeox: Alright, let's see just what's been messed up. Computer, initiate the secondary Boq Boq repair tactics.

Lights flashed and a large finger burst the bubble she was stuck in. She stepped to the ground as it burst and walked toward the console.

Xeox: Now where are they. . .

. . .Searching! . . .

FOUND!

Boq Boq and Cecilia are located in the center of the city below.
Multiple life signs are encroaching on their location.

Xeox: Big sister to the rescue again.

Xeox held her temples and her antennae twitched.

Xeox: Boq Boq! Get out of there! They're awake.

Boq Boq's Antennae twirled and twitched in visible discomfort.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Cecilia was about to reach into her pouch and plant a sea star on one of the trees when Boq Boq grabbed her arm. He spoke softly.

Boq Boq: We have to go.
Cecilia: So soon?
Boq Boq: Yes, I think people are waking up now.
Cecilia: Okay, let's go.

They made their way carefully through the streets. Xeox relayed instructions via telepathy to Boq Boq and he listened.

Boq Boq: This way Cessy.
Cecilia: Okay, if you say so.

She didn't fully understand what was happening and it happened very quickly. When they made it to where the bubble ended, he quickly helped her get her helmet back on. They took the first step back into the ocean and swam back to the safety of the ship.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

With Cecilia and Boq Boq safely back on the ship, they met up with an annoyed Xeox. She was about to give them both a piece of her mind when Cecilia interrupted with an enthusiastic smile.

Cecilia:Xeox! You're awake! We found some really pretty shells for you. They'll look nice with your fish.
Xeox: Yes. . . they're lovely. Um, thank you.
Cecilia:Is everything okay, Xeox?

Xeox sighed at the fact that Boq Boq would be getting his way again. She looked at Cecila and let everything out.

Xeox: In this time line, global warming took your world, Cecilia. Menewsha included. It melted ice sheets, permafrost, and glaciers which caused your sea levels to rise all around the world. The great-land refers to when the sea levels were much lower than they are now. And it's also why we thought we were in the wrong place.
Cecilia: So everybody died?
Xeox: No...they evolved gills. However, they also took several steps back in technology. Which is a larger issue.
Cecilia: *blinks* Really?
Boq Boq: Ya, planets are "a dime a dozen."
Cecilia: That's not what I was taught.
Boq Boq: Heh well, you humans have only seen your own so I guess that make sense.
Xeox: Alright, let's get this thing operational. No more "field trips".

Boq Boq smiled sheepishly and went to work. Cecilia started aligning and examining the shells she collected.

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Several days passed by. The ship was now fully decked out in golden shell decorations. After considering previous missteps they initiated the auto pilot.

. . . Time Drive Operational . . .

. . . Searching Optimal Time Chart . . .

. . . Optimal Time Chart found . . .

. . . Plotting Course . . .

. . . Initiating Jump . . .

Cecilia: Yay! We're going home.
Boq Boq: Well, you are.
Xeox: We'll be there soon enough.

The time machine did it's thing and . . .
Join us next event to find out. Happy Holidays everyone!

Boq Boq
NPC
NPC

Old 11-15-2017, 01:03 PM

We have found that humans like to not only look worthful, but they also enjoy choice. So with that in mind. We are replicating for you . . .

Fashionable Feesh!

&
The Golden Magnifying Glass!

You all have a chance at winning your choice of either a Fashionable Feesh or a Golden Magnifying glass every ten pages of this thread. Posters between every ten pages will be put into drawing. The most worthful one will win via chance!

We also have some secret randomly generated gold prizes of 1000g for posting!
Simply post on one of the predetermined post numbers and win.

Last edited by The Time Machine; 11-20-2017 at 12:44 AM..

The Time Machine
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-20-2017, 01:39 AM

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:32 PM

Hello time machine

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:40 PM

*Hitstime machine withhammer*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:43 PM

Hello my friend

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:52 PM

Oooh, A Pretty Seashell!

Username: HIM_ROCK
A Sea Shell:
The 12-sided dice lands on 3

Last edited by HIM_ROCK; 12-22-2017 at 08:11 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:53 PM

I need to get on my laptop

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 07:56 PM

Well that didn't work...

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter