The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-05-2017, 05:57 PM

This has been on my mind for a long time trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Something menewsha has had issues with is keeping new users. Often times we see them post once and then never again. This is especially true with the newbie posts. We welcome them and never hear back.

Perhaps we could put a first impression thread for new users to give us feedback on. This way you can see not only what keeps us regulars (who posts here) but also see what costs us users who never leave the newbie forum

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 08-05-2017, 06:12 PM

That's actually a really good idea.

Utopia
Roachi's Charity

Old 08-08-2017, 08:24 AM

I'm currently working on a thread for newbies which i have been givin permission to host in the welcome forum. Hopefully this will help!! Fingers crossed anyway.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 01:36 PM

What kind of thread is that?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 08-08-2017, 01:37 PM

oohh I am also curious to know

---------- Post added 08-08-2017 at 09:37 AM ----------

I guess we will find out soon

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-02-2017, 12:37 AM

As a new user (of 2 days) I have made tons of posts in a lot of different forums and there's not a soul in sight. It's a cute site but I don't see how I can stick around if there's no one here to talk to. I think I've literally been spoken to by 2 different people in two days despite responding in others' threads and creating a lot of my own. Where is everyone posting?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-02-2017, 01:34 AM

Typically a majority of people posting are in the hangout forum or the exchange.

I've been busy with work so I'm eagerly waiting for the weekend to more actively post. My phone likes to wipe my whole post during my lunch so I find it easier via computer.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:27 AM

I have also been busy but you should see what it is like during events, Eldweena :D lots of people come back and post

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-06-2017, 05:58 PM

I think the problem is no one greets them in an appropriate amount of time. I know people post in the welcome forums. BUT...sometimes you'll see a newbie who posted 4 or 5 hours before with NO one there to welcome them. To me, it's little wonder they don't continue to post. They don't know anyone and are afraid to jump into threads. And no one has welcomed them.

It's hard though because this happens a lot when there aren't many people actually active and by the time people do come on and start posting and being active, it's too late for that newbie.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 PM

Maria - it would be cool if it notified us of new users.

Edit - as I continue to post im noticing a big issue. Menewsha feels like a ghost town. No newbie is going to want to come here and post if there are maybe 20 available threads to post in. I'm able to easily keep up with threads that used to be a page per hour. Now down to 2-3 posts per break at work.

Last edited by The Wandering Poet; 10-10-2017 at 08:19 PM..

pompon-chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2017, 12:43 PM

I agree with Eldweena, I'm a returning user and I always tend to get bored of this place because no one replies to my threads or even if I reply to someone else's that person isn't active enough to respond to me in a timely manner. You can also see that people viewed your thread but didn't reply so it's super discouraging.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldweena View Post
As a new user (of 2 days) I have made tons of posts in a lot of different forums and there's not a soul in sight. It's a cute site but I don't see how I can stick around if there's no one here to talk to. I think I've literally been spoken to by 2 different people in two days despite responding in others' threads and creating a lot of my own. Where is everyone posting?
Hangouts or RP forums.
I try to branch out sometimes but...I am sometimes the only poster there as well. xD;;

---------- Post added 11-22-2017 at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I think the problem is no one greets them in an appropriate amount of time. I know people post in the welcome forums. BUT...sometimes you'll see a newbie who posted 4 or 5 hours before with NO one there to welcome them. To me, it's little wonder they don't continue to post. They don't know anyone and are afraid to jump into threads. And no one has welcomed them.

It's hard though because this happens a lot when there aren't many people actually active and by the time people do come on and start posting and being active, it's too late for that newbie.
Maybe we should all subscribe to the Welcome forum itself?
I want to say mene has a "subscribe to forum" button somewhere.

I'll try it out and return with my results.

Edit: It seems to have let me subscribe but no one has posted yet. Will update again when someone posts so I can tell if it works or not.

edit2: Subscribing to forums does not seem to work. Will post bug report after further investigation.

Last edited by monstahh`; 11-23-2017 at 12:59 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 11-25-2017, 05:24 PM

You can subscribe to a forum!?

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-25-2017, 09:11 PM

*didn't know we had a subscribe to forum button* Wow... I can't believe I didn't know that after 7 years here... I have my profile set to subscribe to threads I post in to I remember to go back and check XD But that's about it.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-26-2017, 10:34 AM

lol you guys are slow

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 AM

Same carn... but I just hit 10 years...

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-30-2017, 04:56 AM

I've been doing a newbie thread since 2014.
A little bit of feedback and help would be nice.
But you know I'll Just Keep On Keepin On Loving my little place on the internet. It makes me happy when people say that the reason they stayed here was because of their interaction and welcoming attitude. I'm Not tooting my own horn I'm just saying sometimes all you actually need to do is be nice to people.