The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-09-2014, 05:53 PM

I hate that... resale of things but tons of money added to it...

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 PM

i always lose money when i sell things
i messed up with the size of my hello kitty boots
i sold them on ebay for a loss
but i made some hello kitty fan happy
so it's all good
=)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-23-2014, 12:14 PM

*pokes the jelly jar for signs of life* mmmm, jelly

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 AM

Lol, it's alive, but nothing happy/positive to post, really. I mean there's positive stuff as you know, but not things I really feel up to sharing with any and everyone at this point.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 10:36 AM

I GOTS SOMETHING NICE TO SHARE!

Look what I got! Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa: sent me noms! :'D

What do we have in here then! -rummages excitedly-

OMG German gingerbready things, I ADORE these! Ever winter Aldi sells these, and I want to buy them ALL! I didn't get any last year as I haven't been able to get out and shop myself, so there being some in this box is just. <3

Suger-coated chick peas, Interesting I love chick peas, but never had them like this.
OMG, they're tiny brains!!! -crunches- Who knew grey matter would taste so sweet!

There's a packet of soup, which may blow my head off from the questions Iku was asking about whether I like spicy stuff. I'm gonna try that for my lunch :O

There's very cute (and nommy) biscuits/cookies.

Please be aware that I had to try everything, in the interests of...well, stomach.

There's tea! Apple, green tea with lemongrass and spearmint, chai green tea,Raspberry, blackberry and elderberry and a very interesting Turkish one called Salep which Iku helpfully says is made from orchid tubers and you milk with hot milk, then sprinkle cinnamon on top. Also, instant Turkish coffee that has directions on the back for reading your fortune from the grounds once you're done drinking!

And! I got Nourish Organic argan and rosewater face lotion sample from Iku's Birchbox. Tried that on the back of my hand. It doesn't smell pretty, but it's made my hand feel amazingly soft

A cute little Turkish "anniversay" card. So the Turks class any yearly clebration as an anniversary then? Learnt something new!

And a pretty Hand of Fatima card thingy. Not sure what to do with it. It's held closed with magnets, I think you're supposed to hang it from somewhere. I shall have to do some reseach to see where I should put it!

Thank you Iku!!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM

\ o /!! This helps me remember what I sent you also. Although, writing all the little notes on them helped as well.

Hope you like them! I hadn't even thought of the chickpeas looking like brains! Ew. But they're pretty tasty anyway so ... -nomnomnom-

Lmao! I forgot how that lotion smells, but at least it made your hand feel soft!

Ahh! Is that what that hand is called? Definitely didn't know it had magnets. Just thought it was neat and you might find it interesting.

Hope the soup and stoofs is nommy for you!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 11:02 AM

I knew what the hand was, I've seen charms of it and so on, but not as pretty as the one you sent. =3 It's to ward off the evil eye, and stuff. :O A lot of the time they're hung so they point downwards, so I guess you just open it up and hang it over some ribbon or yarn and snap it closed again. Simple and clever. :D

I'm gonna start the soup going now. It says 4 portions on this. :O PFFT! I think it's more likely to be 2.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Ahhh interesting!

Lmfao! I think 2 is about what mine ended up being too.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-14-2014, 11:13 AM

HA! Inside the hand it says this.

Quote:
fatma'nin eli serisi kitap ayraci
I'm hoping for some profound quotation, but Google says that says:
Quote:
Hand of Fatima series bookends
What a let down. This is intended as a bookmark then, maybe? I've hung it from my lampshade, it's hanging out next to my Totoro pendant.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM

I only recognize kitap so.. sounds about right!
Makes sense, I did buy it in a bookstore.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-07-2014, 01:39 PM

Wow... gives a whole new meaning to 'Turkish delight(s)'

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-23-2014, 10:35 PM

*plays in the jelly jar and wills good things to happen*