Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:09 PM

Tal stepped back, mildly wondering what these customers would be expecting. Leaning against the rail, the gentle sway of the ship more comfortable than land, nowadays, he continued watching their reactions. The Lady Shay seemed to have no problem, and the nervous man was already fidgety, but hadn't stepped all the way on board yet. His thoughts turned back to Lady Shay, something about her was light, sort of floaty. She walked like she didn't touch the ground. He put it down to that, turning his attention to the crew that had showed up to see this spectacle. Mixed reactions, a bit stand-offish. Pretty much what he expected. There might be minimal contact between crew and guest, but he would have to wait and see.

---

Pre'acha'n stepped onto the ship, the slight sway making him unsteady, and a twinge from his stomach reminded him that he hadn't been on very many ships. Zero, to be accurate. A few moments standing as still as he could, and the twinge settled into a dull queasiness. He'd known sea-sickness was a possibility, his father had told him it might happen. So, perhaps the forewarning he had provided helped him cope? Then again, he could just have a mild case.

He turned his thoughts away from his stomach, taking a look around the deck. It was very different from the drawings his father kept in his study, but similar in several ways, as well. He guessed that there were just several things that were needed on any ship, and therefore were on every one. The few members of the crew seemed to be pulling back, letting the captain talk to the guests and staying out of the way.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM

With an ugly heaving, Priscilla felt the contents of her stomach leave in a great gush. The ship hadn't even started moving yet and the motion of the sea was already making her feel weak and horribly undignified. Clutching the railing tightly the young woman shook her head vigorously. It made her hair tumble free from it's ties so it fell around her shoulders and cascaded down her back. Priscilla felt absolutely miserably, and missed the call for the tour.

Nereus looked down at Shay with a small smile. He could tell how much she wanted to run around the ship, taking in every detail and exploring the space. But he needed to make sure that it was secure. It was a strange little dilemma, choosing her smile, or choosing her safety. Maybe they could reach a compromise. "Let's both go on this tour, but you let me enter each space first so I can make sure it's safe." Glancing over at the captain of the ship, then at the crew, Nereus felt a twinge of worry. Once they were out at sea anything could happen and there was no way of reaching help.

After watching the ships "cargo" step on, she moved away to run downstairs into her kitchen again. that stew had to be wonderful. Plus, there were probably going to be very picky eaters on board. With that in mind, Karlin began creating another dish, something more delicate, a pea soup this time. Hopefully that would satisfy everyone.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 AM

Heiro stood at the wooden stairs that lead to the quarterdeck, in front of the doors that lead to his cabin, watching both the potential passengers and his crew, dark eyes taking in everything. He fought not to smile and shake his head as he watched Priscilla empty her stomach over the side of the ship. He was honestly surprised, not many were so land-bound that they got seasick on a ship at port. Her father had already "sealed the deal" for the two of them, so he knew she was stuck on the voyage whether she liked it or not. By the looks of it, she was more than displeased with the idea.

He contemplated walking over to offer the miserable young woman ginger to calm the bile when he heard the strange man in armor, Nereus, talking to his charge, Lady Shay. More than a little offended at the implications that his ship was unsafe, he quietly scoffed and silently stepped towards them, hands resting behind his back. His tone was a bit tight, but as confident and warm as before.

"Sir Nereus, I assure you there is no cause for your alarm. The Tempest has naval-grade certifications that were updated just this season and her crew do their utmost to see she stays in top form. "I would hardly think to take non-seafaring gentlefolk such as yourselves onto my ship if it was not completely secure. " He said smoothly. A smile then touched his lips as he nodded towards the redheaded women beside the knight. "As for the lovely Lady Shay's personal safety, I promise you there are no boogeymen on my ship."

Silas, having heard the footsteps and voices from the deck above, was floundering in his "room", trying his hardest to shift back into his more human appearance. "Come on, why of all times to need more water, why is this one of them?" He muttered, grabbing his fins in exasperation. He had to change back and dress before they came down to the hold or at least grab his clothing and hide. Closing his eyes tightly he tried to concentrate, but felt nothing. Groaning, he flipped about in the box, making a more noise-and mess- than he probably should. His eyes widened a bit and he quickly ducked down into the water, only his head from the eyes up above the floor of the hold. He had to think of something fast before the Captain had his fins as a fan, or worse.

His mind filled with all sorts of horrendous, exaggerated punishments, he flipped about in the water and tried his hardest to force his fish-like tail to turn back into legs.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 01-28-2012, 02:38 AM

After a quiet moment of simply looking at Leah oddly, Jasper would shrugs ply shrug his shoulders. What she thought, he didn't know, and while her explanation was understandable part of him just didn't get it. Why wouldn't a part of the crew want to meet those setting out with them? At least, that was how he thought on the matter. As he slipped on by Leah, looking quietly out over the rest of the crew and the new faces, there was an obvious divide between them, save for the captain. Scratching the back of his head absentmindedly, he then let his thoughts wander in other directions. For instance, the lady that had just vomited over the railing.

Jasper cringed inwardly, not knowing how a lady such as that would fare out on the open sea if she were nauseous while they were docked. Yet something in his mind nudged him to help her out, being that he was indeed a doctor. So, casually he would move down the stairway and into the kitchen, greeted by the pleasant aroma wafting around the room. Smiling, he nodded in Karlin's direction, "'Scuse me. Got a sick one already," he explained simply as he slipped in to grab a small cup of water. "Smells delicious, can't wait!" he then complimented as he waltzed back on out of the kitchen and up to the deck. Spotting the ill lady once more, he would approach with caution, leaning his back up against the railing a few yards away from her just in case. "Care for some water? Might help until ya got food in your stomach," he offered Priscilla with a small grin.

•••••••

Sylvia remained separate from the crowd as she leaned up along the Ship's stern, a pleasant smile upon her face as her eyes now opened to look down into the deep blue water. The waves had a calming effect on her, her body relaxing easily as she rested there for a few more moments. Then leaning away from the rivaling and turning abruptly, light on her feet, she would move to instead look out over their guests. She looked over each once casually, studiously as opposed to critically as she simply took in their appearances. It would be best, in her opinion, that she became comfortable with at least their faces for the time being. It would be easier to help look after them that way.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 AM

Noting the slight tightness in his voice, Nereus narrowed his eyes at the man slightly. It appeared he'd offended the captain. "I apologize if this may offend you, but would you allow me to see this certificate? I take milady's safety very seriously." Eying the crew again, he shrugged slightly. So perhaps he was being a little over protective but there was just something about Shay that had him wanting to protect her with everything he had. And it wasn't just because she was her father's daughter.

His eyes caught sight of the young snooty noblewoman from earlier whipping a hand over her forehead with a tired look. Poor girl was going to be absolutely miserable during the whole voyage.

Karlin waved at Jasper absentmindedly while she stirred her soup and stew to make sure nothing stuck. She was thinking about including some bread in the fare, and always wondering if there was anything else she could do to make everyone happy.

Wiping away the sweat from her brow as she turned from the railing, Priscilla walked weakly towards one of the crew members. The one who'd offered her a glass of water and spoken of food. That had her grimacing a little. "Thank you for the water, but I doubt I could stomach any food at the moment." His obviously low class speech threw her off for a few moments, making Priscilla want to sniff and turn away ... But she simply didn't have the energy for such things.

Instead she leaned casually against the rail again. Her legs felt like jelly, though she doubted that once they set off she might just become bedridden for the whole trip. She was going to be miserable.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 AM

Leah said nothing as the man walked away, simply giving another of her slight smirks. She then crossed her arms and leaned her head back wordlessly. She was not particularly interested in the new people, though it seemed Nerues would cause trouble. Though, perhaps that was because shay had no thought about causing him trouble she thought absently as Shay walked away without a word to her lovely guard.

Shay watched pris and for a moment she felt a strike of pity for the girl. She frowned, wondering if someone would help her. She watched the one pirate approach but she wasn’t sure how much that was helping. She glanced at Nerues. He wouldn’t like if she walked over without warning or anything he’d probably be mad…She frowned slightly and watched silently as the pirate and her guard began to ….disagree subtly. She didn’t know why he was so protective of her all the sudden….

Lovely… that word stopped her. She glanced at Heiro, blushing so deeply her skin almost rivaled her hair in color. She quickly looked away, half hiding behind it. He probably said that about all his costumers she quickly decided then glanced back to Pris to see if she was doing better. She still looked sick and Shay frowned a moment in thought.

Without another word she ignored the two, walking over towards the other girl. She stood next to pris, giving her back a slight rub because that tended to reduce nausea… at least for her. She bit her lip slightly, half expecting her hand to be smacked away. Still, it often helped so perhaps even the haughty pris would let her help. It was just Shay’s instinct to want to help.

Drakina

Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Tal sighed, watching Jasper go to help the Lady Priscilla. He turned his attention on her father, busy walking about the deck, taking everything in like a, well... a school boy on his first adventure. That sounded accurate. The 'discussion' between the gaurd and captain looked like it might take a more dangerous turn, if someone lost their cool, but he trusted the captain to keep a level head. His gaze slid off of them to watch the Lady Shay walk over to the other lady, trying to help her as well. He turned to look at the merchant son, taking in that he was unsteady, but still standing.

---

Pre'acha'n took a steadying breath before starting to walk again. He aimed to look at the entire deck before the captain started the tour, and maybe learn to walk properly. The gentle sway of the ship was making him sway when he walked, though none of the crew seemed affected by it. He passed the tall man with the pale hair, noticing that he was watching everybody, as was the scary-looking woman. He made a note to avoid her, but he couldn't tell if the man was just quiet or what.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM

Usually Pris would have hated to get any kind of back rubbing, sympathetic, help. But this was a unique situation, and one not helped by the fact that her father was completely ignoring her and wandering around with complete wonder. Besides, she was feeling miserable with a dull ache in her stomach and a horrible taste in her mouth that just wouldn't go away, no matter how much she tried to savor the water she sipped. It tasted sweet in comparison to the vile taste her vomit had left in her mouth. That thought had Priscilla grimacing and gagging.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 01-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Shay released an inward sigh of relief as both Nerues and Pris didn't get on her. She expected nerues would chide her later but for now the captain was keeping him distracted apparently. She was tempted to run off and explore the ship since this would likely be her only chance but pris kept her tethered her as her back rubbing seemed to help. She said nothing, knowing the girl was too prideful to want her to really acknowledge what was going on. So instead she simply rubbed her back gently, seeming to instinctively know which places would help Pris most.

KageShio

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Heiro's smile didn't fade as he gave a nod and answered. "Of course, If you would give me just a moment, I shall fetch them." he said, giving a short bow before turning and walking to the door of his cabin. As he did, swept his gaze over the deck once more, noting what everyone was doing. Once inside, he neither closed the door behind him, nor left it open, instead it was casually left ajar, a sign that there was nothing to hide.

Rummaging through a few drawers, he muttered to himself in his home language as he looked for his tin of ginger candies. They were the perfect remedy for seasickness and one of his favorite treats. Though, with how sick the young woman was already, he might need Silas to get more before they make sail. Where was that boy, anyway?

Remembering now that they were on the shelf behind him, he rolled his eyes and shook his head. He really needed to feed, and soon. He'd have to make the tour as quick as possible without seeming rushed. Thinking on how to do that, he grabbed the tin of candies and the leather roll that held the papers for the Tempest. Stepping back out onto the deck, he bowed lightly again to the stuffy knight.

"Apologies for the wait."
He said as he held out the papers, confident and calm. The papers were not fakes, per se, for they were genuine issue and signed by all the right officials who did inspect the ship, but how he went about getting them was a bit... unorthodox. "You may take all the time you need to assure yourself of my ship's credibility and safety, though I have other guests to attend to at the moment, so allow me to take my leave." He said, giving a bow of the head before leaving Nereus to examine the papers.

He then walked over to the small crowd that was hovering about Priscilla, noting that her father was not one of them. He frowned at the man, but it went unseen as the flighty gentleman practically skipped over to touch the rigging about the mast. With nearly silent steps, he approached the trio of the two ladies and Jasper. Clearing his throat lightly before speaking.

"Excuse me, Lady Priscilla. I have brought a gift to ease your stomach and the chills. I have always used them to quell the illness of my crew and guests." He said, accented voice a bit soft as he held out the silver tin. He was using a slight bit of vocal glamour to keep the young woman calm, it was a useful vampire trick that did not need eye contact and was subtle enough that few noticed when it was being used.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 PM

After the dark haired captain walked away, Nereus took the opportunity to glance at Shay. Within moments it was easy to see that she was perfectly alright where she was, though he hoped no sudden gales assailed them in port. The young woman might fall off, and with his armor he wouldn't be able to dive overboard to help her. In truth, that was probably the most pressing reason for his need to find something just a little lighter. Moving slightly around to get himself used to the movements of the ship, Nereus ended up shading his eyes to look up at the sky.

Not much of a sailor, all he could hope for was a nice day with favorable winds. It seemed like that would be the case, but with no knowledge of these things he had to trust in the crew and their captain. As thoughts of the man came to mind, the blue eyed man returned with the papers he' requested. Leveling a small smirk in the others direction, Nereus quickly slipped the scrolls out of their container and began perusing them with great care. He was a little disappointed to find all the correct seals in the correct ink with all the right words upon the things. The knight had wanted some kind of excuse for leaving the ship and taking Shay along, now there was none save for his slight dislike of the captain.

Still felling miserable, the young noblewoman didn't acknowledge the fact that Shay's back rubbing was actually of great help. At least it stopped her from losing more of her dinner overboard. Glancing out at sea, she grimaced as another wave pushed the boat up and down in a slow rolling motion, making her stomach want to rebel again. The brunette didn't even care for how much of a mess she probably looked at the moment. Not at all, instead her mind was concentrating on controlling her rebellious body. Or at least trying to.

As she heard someone's throat clearing, the young woman turned with a swish of her dark skirt to glance at the newest arrival in their little group. A twinkle of hope flitted across her golden eyes at the mention of what the captain had brought. Reaching out with a grateful smile, she took the small box and slipped it open. Carefully taking one of the candies she slipped it into her mouth and sighed in relief as the sick feeling in her stomach eased after a few moments. "Thank you very much, Captain. It certainly does help." Closing the box she held it out politely without knowing if the man had wanted her to keep it, or had simply wanted her to take some of it's contents to ease her earlier distress.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM

Leah saw the captain rummage for the ginger and started to slide over. She stopped by the door, however, as he found them. She had spotted them their earlier… he likely needed to feed soon. She frowned at the thought, she was reticent to allow her blood to be taken but if she had to she would offer it. Her beast could block most psychic invasion so he wouldn’t get too much more than blood… but he was old enough and powerful enough to get likely a few snatches.

Such inefficiency… Still he would likely go to another crew mate before he approached her, despite her healing factor making her the best candidate. She did not give the air of one who would give their blood easily and she had no intention of changing the impression unless it was necessary. So instead she simply stepped back, watching the girls and the captain in silence… that same spooky, expressionless, cat like observation she had a habit of doing without meaning to.

The frown returned, however, as he used the glamour and she couldn’t help but shiver even though it wasn’t directed at her. She always hated such things… then again it was likely her nature. It was her mind and will that had allowed her to be saved when she was attacked, it was her mind and will that allowed her to live even now…it was her main strength and all she had. She quickly hid the frown, however, and stepped back to lean against her staff slightly.

Shay glanced at the captain and couldn’t help but be slightly taken in unconsciously. She even blushed faintly beneath her hair but shook off the feeling with confusion. She had never heard a glamour and was slightly over sensitive to such things because of her empathy so it reached her as powerfully as it reached Pris if not more so. Hadn’t she been worrying over Pris earlier?

As the candies caused her worry to be unneeded, however, Shay dropped her hand from the other woman’s back and smiled. She was clearly glad Pris was feeling better but didn’t want to embarrass her by saying anything. Accordingly the shy woman shifted back to Nerues side and gripped his hand, glancing at the papers and resisted the urge to sigh. She glanced at him seeming almost disapproving, her thoughts clear. You’re too suspicious! Her open eyes seemed to say.

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 AM

Jasper would regard the motion-sick woman before him warily, shrugging a bit as she spoke of her in capability to digest food right now. He didn't blame her, for she had probably never stepped aboard a ship before and the chances were he himself wouldn't wish to eat after vomiting either. Yet experience told him otherwise. As he saw the other woman approach, he would realize that perhaps they wouldn't wish to speak with him even if he were a doctor. So as he relaxed and leaned against the railing casually, he would let a soft sigh slip from his lips as his gaze moved out into the bay before them, watching the water with a dreamy fondness.

He supposed he was one of many that wished to set out soon. This was when he realized the absence of a certain petite woman from the crew, but figured she was probably off doing her own thing. It was a common occurrence for Sylvia to slip away alone once and a while, if only for a few minutes. When duty called, he knew she'd be right back where she was needed. The captain's words caught him off guard since he had been daydreaming when he approached, a slight nod of respect sent in his direction as Jasper turned to observe his handing over of the ginger candy. After his explanation, he would nod absentmindedly in agreement with him. Ginger was the best natural cure for the illness the woman was experiencing, he knew.

•••••••••

Sylvia slipped down along the stairway and back to the deck that most of the others occupied in a cheerful fashion, a pep in her step that came with her observations of the water beneath them. The sea, her home, was peaceful, content-- this in turn made for a distinct happiness within her. That knowledge accompanied with the fact that they would be setting out again when ready lifted her mood to a place where it wouldn't be struck down. Even her observation that a particular male passenger on board seemed to doubt the captain didn't particularly bother her, though it made her wary in a sense. Yet she slipped casually up onto a barrel to seat herself in a relaxed manner, one leg bent in front of her as the other hung lazily over the front of the barrel.

Drakina

Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Tal pushed off from the rail, heading down to talk to Karlin. "We have some who may not eat t'night," he said, slipping in and standing out of her way. "And some who look to like everything about the Tempest." He crossed his arms, leaning against the wall and smiling. "Two pots? Somethin' different in each, by the smell," he commented, watching her cook.

---

Pre'acha'n finished his first round of the deck, noticing the one lady's father ignore her. If he didn't have the mind to care for his daughter, why did he bring her with? Shaking his head, he noticed that one of the crew members had gone below deck. He wandered back to the rail across from Lady Priscilla, legs a tad sturdier than before, and waited for everyone to get on with the tour.

KageShio

Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 AM

Heiro smiled lightly and held a hand up as a refusal to take the tin back. "You will also find that they stimulate the appetite some, so I would recommend a light meal later. Chewing another afterwards will help to keep the bile from rising again." He explained further as he lowered his hand. "Now, if you are feeling better, perhaps we should continue on to the tour?" He suggested, turning to the side and holding out his hand as a gesture for the ladies to walk back towards the other guests.

He knew his crew was getting restless, it was easy to tell by how Jasper had drifted off and the way Sylvia moved about the ship. They could all feel that departure was soon, and it made their attention short as anticipation set in. This made him all the more determined to get moving and sway the guests into giving their final affirmation. A ship was only as good as her crew, and her crew was only good when they were content. Speaking of his crew... the sun was almost ready to hit the horizon, why weren't the lanterns being lit? It wasn't like Tal to let something like that slip, even if they were this close to setting sail.

Silas panicked the more he heard footsteps on the top deck and middle deck above him, flipping and turning in frustration. Should he call out? Maybe one of the other crew members would help him before the Captain and the guests came down to the hold. Oh, but what if they just laugh at him!? He had no doubts some of the deckhands would do that, the mean humans that they were.

Flipping about in a somersault, he grabbed his fins again and shook them. "Why won't you be feet!? I've been in here long enough, right? Why can't you be easier to maintain?" He said, groaning and laying his head back on the floor of the hold. Maybe he should just hide in the compartment... but his clothing was out of reach, he couldn't just leave it lying there! Well, that and the water didn't have too much oxygen left in it anymore, he didn't want to drown, that would just be ridiculous!

(( Just a note, I am planning something with Silas so don't come to rescue him, alright?))

Last edited by KageShio; 02-04-2012 at 03:33 AM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-04-2012, 03:44 AM

Shaking her head slightly, Karlin grinned at Tal. Yes of course, I was expecting that. So there's plenty of bread for the sea sick ones." In fact, she needed to pull out the fresh loaves. Bustling about in the kitchen, Karlin hummed to herself a little before turning to glance at Tal again. "Is there something you should be takin' care of mate?" She was rather surprised someone had enough free time on their hands to come see her.

Letting her hand fall, Priscilla nodded slightly at the captain's words. He certainly seemed like quite the competent fellow. Perhaps this trip wouldn't be so bad after all. "Yes, that does seem like a rather good idea." glancing at the young woman who'd helped her earlier, Priscilla offered a small smile up before walking away in the direction Heiro had gestured.

Priscilla could only hope that her stomach wouldn't rebel again any time soon. And that if it did ... That she had some ginger candies at hand.

Drakina

Old 02-04-2012, 10:44 PM

Tal smiled again as she pulled out the bread, then her question registered in his brain. "Lanterns!" was his quick response, turning and almost running out. He made his way up to the deck, thinking that he shouldn't scare the guests, and fumbling to get firestarters out. Up on deck, he made his way to the bow, lighting the lanterns from bow to stern as he made his way back.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-04-2012, 11:12 PM

Leah watched the group passively and debated whether she would be required on the tour. She doubted it…. And she was hardly needed. She judged by Shay’s flushed face that at least one customer was already happy. She smirked slightly to herself, amused even though part of her disliked what she suspected the reason was. Why had Shay been so sensitive to it she wondered? Some psychic ability? Or was she just that weak minded? Leah shrugged at the thought but debated if she should mention it to the captain. No... she’d wait to see if he noticed it too.

Shay returned the nod Pris gave her and gave her a warm if shy smile. She then turned her gaze to look up at Nerues. She was unsure how well he’d cooperate with the tour but she wanted to go! Even more so now, though she wasn’t really sure why….It was probably the excitement of the ship she decided.

”I know we’re ready Captain.” she said brightly, even though she instantly blushed and pressed into Nerues shoulder afterwards. She wasn’t use to speaking so boldly… She held onto Nerues arm tightly, looking much like a small bird. She was often compared to a little bird or a mouse…. Even she had to admit it was a rather accurate description.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-05-2012, 01:55 AM

Nereus had moved to stand protectively over Shay when she'd walk to his side. He was a little surprised when Shay spoke up to the captain. That was certainly an unusual reaction from her. Glancing from his charge to Heiro, Nereus sighed. There were somethings that he couldn't protect Lady Shay from. "Yes, we're ready." Glancing down at the young woman, Nereus allowed himself to relax a little bit. The ship's credentials had been in order, and the captain seemed to know what he was doing. So for now, Nereus felt like Shay would be safe.

Karlin chuckled at Tal's reaction. Shrugging as he ran off, she looked around her kitchen critically. Tapping her lower lip lightly with a finger, Karlin moved with a sway to her hips to go and prepare the table for their guests. Setting out bowls, spoons, and the other necessary things onto the elegant table, Karlin was quite content with her task.

KageShio

Old 02-14-2012, 12:28 AM

((I am very sorry for the wait, everyone. Things haven't been so great by me and a few other things were grabbing at my attention and inspiration. But, we are back in business again!))

Heiro glanced over to Tal as he rushed to light the lanterns, one brow slightly raised and lips tight to show he did not approve of his lack of punctuality. Every little detail he put into this show had a part in the influencing of the potential patrons, and he had thought he made that very clear. Still, he couldn't expect it to go without some kind of bump along the way, pirates lead a life of uncertainty and with the natures of at least half the crew, he had come to expect strange happenings. He still prayed to the goddess that nothing too extreme happened for at least the first part of this voyage.

Looking back to the small group of rich port-folk as Lady Shay spoke up excitedly, then hid behind her personal guard. He couldn't help but smile at her, amusement clear under the charming, polite front. "That is good to hear." He said before holding his hand out for the leather case that Nereus held. Once he got the Tempest's paper's back, he tucked the case into his sash and began his partially rehearsed presentation just as Priscilla's father joined the rest of them.

"As some of you have already explored, the Tempest is well tended and clear of unnecessary clutter, with both safety and function in mind. On the voyage I would encourage you to be above deck, in the fresh air and sunlight as much as you can." He said, stepping aside to allow the guests another clear view of the ship's main deck. He then turned and walked past them to the brass-railed steps that lead to the aft- or poop-deck. When he was sure they were following, he walked up the solid steps with barely a sound, then stood to the side at the top, allowing them to walk past him and explore the ship's helm and the displayed navigational tools.

"On top of our ...natural sense of direction at sea," He said, the smile twisting into a small smirk for a few seconds. "We use the finest tools available to be sure we are exactly where we need to be." He explained, folding his hands behind his back as he gave them the time they needed to examine everything and ask questions.

Drakina

Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 AM

Tal made a slight grimace, he'd caught the look on the captain's face. Forgetting about the lamps was definitely not going to happen again. Bad enough it happened once, and with passengers on board, to boot! Best just do this as quickly as he could without seeming too hurried, then go below decks and make sure everything was in order.

---

Pre'acha'n followed the captain up the stairs, instantly gravitating to the map and instruments. Leaning over it to study the amount of detail, he quickly decided that he was most definitely going on this trip. Everything on the ship so far was clean and tidy, and the captain was an upstanding sort of fellow. Or so it seemed.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-18-2012, 02:54 AM

Priscilla moved a little unsteadily to follow the captain as he began telling them more about the ship. Tilting her head this way and that, the young woman shook her head slightly at the thought of going to see the sea once more. No, instead she moved to the different tools lying about, and concentrated upon them. They were so strange looking to her eyes, and very useless to her. The brunette let out a small sigh, and pouted slightly at the idea of spending so long at sea. Her father on the other hand was more then eager for this trip, and was walking around with a broad smile.

[So short, I'm sorry.]

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-18-2012, 03:07 AM

Leah decided to stay near Prisilla’s father, not so sure about him. Oh she was sure he would not do anything on purpose but he seemed the kind that would mess with something without thinking. It wasn’t that she doubted heiro would be able to keep the customers safe but her weapons were her babies. She didn’t want so much as a scratch on them just because some dunderhead decided it looked like a fun toy…

Shay followed him along eagerly, nearly bouncing. She was so excited and it showed with how she skipped forward. She held Nerues hand but it was more so he wouldn’t worry to much… he kept looking at the captain funny. She didn’t know why.. he seemed like such a warm nice man. She sighed at the thoughts, looking at the instruments. She would then eagerly ask what each one did and listen with rapt attention

((short and stupid but my brains dead)))

KageShio

Old 02-21-2012, 03:52 AM

(( I was going to type out the explanation of the tools and charts, but then this overwhelming laziness came over me :P ))

Keeping an eye on the guests as they explored, Heiro's smile did not fall, even if the pains in his stomach were becoming more frequent. He really did need to feed... Perhaps he would excuse himself for a few minutes during the dinner.

Breaking from the focus he had placed on his appetite, he stepped forward to answer the stream of questions from the Lady Shay. The woman's bubbly curiosity made his smile more genuine, and his answers, while short, worked even more to satisfy the romantic as well as the more cautious, technical views on the voyage.

Once they had finished exploring the aft-deck, he lead them back down to the second deck, where the kitchen, known as the galley, some of the food stores and the sleeping quarters of the crew belonged. Along with these, at the fore end of the vessel, were the small rooms that were for the guests. No more than ten feet square, they were cozy, but well- fitted with the needs of life: A bed, a small dresser, a wash basin and chest with a lock for personal items. The only thing the rooms lacked were mirrors, oddly enough.

Taking them first past the galley, Heiro gave Karlin a quick, approving smile as he stood at the entryway, allowing any who wished to explore the warm room. There was a fine stove with at least two pots bubbling away and filling the entire deck with delicious smells and beyond the short line of counters, there was one of the new additions: a dining room. It was fairly small, but had enough chairs to hold the guests and a few others. It was set with polished steel cutlery, porcelain plates, linen napkins arranged neatly and it even had a vase with exotic flowers as a center piece. It was an elegant, but practical display, much like the rest of the ship.

"We have stores of fine food that ensure you shall be eating well during your stay aboard the Tempest. Karlin, our wonderful chef, can assist you with any needs you may have." he said simply, preferring to let the ship speak for herself.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 AM

Karlin grinned at Heiro as he spoke so highly of her to the guests. "Why captain, such fine words! Now I'll have to work ten times as hard to prove you right." Jokingly, she smiled. Though at the mention of needs she remembered that the captain was not quite like other people. She still hadn't figured out if being the cook meant she had to supply blood. The flame haired woman wasn't averse to the idea, not when the captain was who he was. She just hadn't thought of a way to tell him that yet. A well, she would once the tour was over and the noble woman had been settled into her room. The brunette looked like she'd be stuck in her cabin for the whole trip, poor thing.

Nereus went where Shay did. He seemed to relax as the tour went on, finding everything to be as safe as could be. The man noted escape routes and tried to prepare a plan for every eventuality. Storms, brigands .. He was determined that nothing would harm his charge. Perhaps he would talk some of his ideas over with the captain some time.

Priscilla walked quietly and demurely along as she was expected to. Though the moment they entered the kitchen, she searched around for the tin of ginger candy. The smells! Usually the brunette would have found them delicious but now they only made her want to vomit again. "Excuse me." Politely moving past everyone, she went to settle down upon on of the chairs with the intention of not moving an inch for the rest of the voyage. Her father simply glanced at her before shaking his head slightly. Such unseemly behavior put a bad light upon him.