Old 11-19-2013, 02:36 AM

Name: Jasper (Bones)

Name: Eusme

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 11-19-2013, 04:20 AM

Name: Gail

Name: Owen

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 11-19-2013 at 04:36 PM..

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-19-2013, 05:18 PM

He moved across the deck in a dignified manner, ordering men about as they scurried to do as they were told. Men loading barrels and kegs along with large crates full of god knows what. He soon stood at the railing and watched the men, waiting to correct their behavior when he saw the captain. He nodded curtly, but there was a small grin on his face.

She smiled and poked her friend. "Hey, lookie there! That looks like a good target." She pointed to the pirate ship a little ways away that was still loading up with supplies. "I heard they were going to recruit a few people. Maybe you could get on." Her eyes were locked on the vessel as she spoke to him, her eyes were alight with mischief.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 PM

Why are men always so noisy before we set off? They must still be drunk. Then again, Gail had a pretty good hangover herself. Why must pirates always go drinking before they set off for sea? Good luck? Or maybe because they wouldn't be able to do all that drinking once they were at sea. Gail had a strict, sober policy on board her ship, Devil's Dubloon. She tried not to act hungover, even with the massive headache that was threatening to send her back to bed for the day. But, it was too busy for that. Lots to do. She scanned the group and found Bones, overseeing the work. That was always helpful.

"I dunno Eusme," the dark haired boy began, "I heard it's hard to get aboard there. Not to mention, I dunno how you expect to get on board." He watched the ship closely. There was an awful lot of food being gathered. The trip must be a very long one. "Then again, I heard they found a map to what people are calling the greatest treasure ever. If that's true, we'd only need a small portion of it to be filthy, stinking rich." He weighed the odds in his head. Owen always tried to be very careful with this. "No harm in trying! I'll go see if they will recruit me. Hide behind those barrels over there. If I get on, get inside it and I'll load you aboard, got it?"

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 AM

He smiled a little more at the captain, then headed her way. Once he got to her, he leaned on the railing. "You don't look so good. Drink too much again?" Bones didn't drink unless it was a special occasion and was ragged on quite a bit for it by the men. Well, when he wasn't around. He didn't really believe in excessive drinking, so he rarely got drunk even when he did drink. He oversaw the work, shouting every now and then when things were dropped or set in the wrong place. But he kept most of his attention on the captain.

"They must be recruiting at least a couple extra hands with all that food and supplies. With a long voyage like that one there is bound to be a few skirmishes and the crew cannot go below a certain number." Eusme looked at him, clearly excited when he agreed. "Alright. I'll go hide!" She instantly blended with the dock crowd and slipped behind a group of barrels. She stayed there and waited for her friend to make his move. She was so excited that her hands were shaking.

Last edited by The_Moons_Whisper; 11-20-2013 at 01:35 AM..

Pandora's Box

Old 11-20-2013, 01:56 AM

"Maybe, but don't tell." she replied. She sighed. Bones never drank, but Gail still did with the guys. Can't look like a wimp. Any man could take a few drinks. But Gail was a girl. That posed a problem. But, even with the lingering headache, she was still able to bark orders to the lazier men who were chatting.

Owen slid by a few of the crew and towards what looked like the captain and first mate. " 'Ello. I heard you were looking for more for your crew?" he asked, straightening his back. "Here's a person, perfect, for your endeavor."

Gail smirked at the prideful boy that came up to her. "Really? Perfect person?" she asked, "and where would that person be, exactly?" She always loved pulling a prank on the younger, stupider ones.

Owen frowned. "That would be me." he stated. "Can I come aboard or not? I may not look like much, but I know my way around a ship." Strange captain, that was for sure. Still, the captain could be crazy in the head for all he cared. He just needed to get on the crew. That's all that mattered.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-20-2013, 02:00 AM

She looked at the two he was talking to and was amazed that the captain was a woman. She had thought the man beside her was the captain. She was bouncing slightly behind the barrel, clearly really wanting this to go the way they wanted.

He raised an eyebrow at the boy, looking him over from the railing. Then he turned his head to speak to the captain. "We could always use a good cabin boy. He doesn't look strong enough to fit in anywhere else." Then he looked back at the boy, leaving the decision to the captain. Bones usually recruited the men, but left the final decision up to her.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 AM

Owen pouted, just a little though. He didn't want to seem whiny or childish. "You know, I may not look like it bu-"

"Then its settled!" Gail interrupted the teenage boy. "Maybe if you show promise you can move to a higher position, but for now, you're a cabin boy." Before he could respond, she sent him off to go help load up the ship. "We set sail soon, so go help the others."

Annoyed with ending up in cabin boy position, he went over to Eusme and the barrels. "Alright get in! I'm stuck as a stupid cabin boy." he grumbled. "Me? A cabin boy! I haven't been a cabin boy in two years! Geez."

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-20-2013, 02:16 AM

Jasper couldn't help but chuckle after the boy ran off. "He's got a little fire in him. Might make a good pirate one day." He leaned back, smiling at Gail.

Eusme squeaked happily and climbed in with his help. "Alright. See you later." She winked and curled herself up so he could close the lid. She stabilized herself so if the barrel was set upside down that she wouldn't bonk her head.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-20-2013, 02:38 AM

Gail shrugged. "I dunno. He seems too jumpy to me. Maybe he will trip over those feet of his." She laughed, then barked at a few men who were slacking off, again. "Geez, this crew is gonna be the end of me." she said sighing. "These lazy dogs better get their act together after we set sail. If not, I might run out of patience."

Sliding the lid on the barrel and carefully laying it on it's side, he rolled it on board the Devil's Dubloon. "I can't believe you don't get dizzy doing this." he whispered to Eusme. After getting it on board, he put it upright again. "Alright, don't start causing trouble now. See ya later." he said before going off to load some more food on board.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 AM

Bones laughed, looking over the rest of the crew. "Eh. I think we can whip them into shape." He chuckled and nudged her slightly. "I'm here to be your patience, remember?" He chuckled at this, then went back down to direct the flow of traffic.

A small giggle came from inside. "Think of it as a ride." She said back, just loud enough for him to her. She then rolled her eyes when she was set upright. Her, stay out of trouble, right.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Gail smirked. "Yeah, I think we can." Then she looked around the boat quickly. "So why don't you let those sorry excuses of pirates know that we are casting off soon and they need to hurry their butts up." she ordered. This was so very important, and everything needed to be right.

"Ughhhh." Owen whined as he put down his last crate of supplies. "I didn't realize they gave the cabin boy heavy lifting jobs." he complained. That was the fifth box he carried to the ship, all of them fifty pounds or heavier. "Why do they have to make me carry all of the- Oof!!" He tripped over a small metal case and landed face first on the floor. "This is destined for disaster." he told himself.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-20-2013, 01:27 PM

He chuckled at the captain, then got everyone to go faster and finish carry everything aboard. He saw the new guy fall and sighed. He picked him up by the scruff of his neck and set him on his feet. "You alright?" He was a rough guy when needed, but he saw the need to make sure this boy was alright.

She heard him fall and almost spoke to him. She froze when a man came near, then realized that it was probably a good idea that she didn't speak at all. She never could tell if someone else would be there.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-20-2013, 04:03 PM

Gail couldn't help but laugh when the boy fell. Luckily she was out of hearing reach. She hit the nail on the head when she said he would trip over his feet. She went and worked on the other matters that needed to be tended to.

Owen couldn't decide if he was embarrassed or frustrated. Probably both. "I'm fine! Seriously. I'm not a kid, I can handle a little fall now and then." It didn't help that the first mate came and helped him up. "I don't need your help." he stated while stomping off.

((Can we skip to after they set sail?))

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-20-2013, 05:12 PM

All he did was grin at the boy's outburst. He'd need to keep an eye on the new guy, he looked a little firey. Guys like that tended to get into trouble.

As the last barrel was loaded, they soon set off and Eusme was starting to cramp up in that barrel. She sighed softly and just leaned to one side, hoping she could get some sleep.

After the ship had gone some ways out to sea, Bones sighed, rubbing his stomach. "I hope there is some food ready soon."

Pandora's Box

Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM

As soon as he got the chance, which was very hard to get a moment alone, he went to the area where food was stored, along with other items. "Hey, you alright?" he asked Eusme. "It's probably better if you stay in there until nightfall. No one comes in here at night." he added.

Gail laughed. "Well why don't you go get some? And bring me an apple or something before they go bad." she said to Bones. It had been awhile since she had eaten, and now most of her headache was gone. Now it was just a gentle throb.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-21-2013, 07:44 PM

Eusme peaked her head out and sighed. "I've been needing to go for hours. We really didn't see this one through." Her wiggling backed up her words.

Bones laughed a little at the captain's request. "Sure, I'll bring you something, Cap." He swung around the mast, avoiding a few deckhands and made his way down to the store room.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-21-2013, 09:10 PM

Gail waved at Bones as he left, then turned back to continue bossing people around.

"It was your idea, remember?" Owen added before sighing. "I can't help you out here, you're gonna have to figure it out." He heard someone coming down to the storeroom. "We'll have to talk about this later!" he stated urgently before sliding the lid back on before she could respond.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM

She was about to speak, but was basically shoved back into the barrel. She heard someone, so she didn't yell at him.

When Bones opened the door he paused, seeing the boy. "What are you doing down here? Shouldn't you be in the galley?"

Pandora's Box

Old 11-23-2013, 02:05 AM

Owen froze up. "I, uh, was getting something for the cook." He stood up straight. "What are you doing in here anyway?" He walked over towards the exit where Bones was. "Don't worry, I was just leaving. Couldn't find anything anyway."

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-23-2013, 02:54 AM

Bones frowned at the boy's question, but he'd left before he could chew him out. He was suspicious and looked around to see if anything was amiss. He soon gave up and grabbed a few apples, then went back to the captain.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-23-2013, 03:09 AM

Gail turned around and smiled. "I thought you had forgotten about me and eaten my share!" she teased. "Gimme that, what took you so long?" she asked while swiping it from his hand in a friendly matter. "Was there something wrong? Did a rat get on board?" she asked him, while whispering 'again' under her breath. That was an experience that cost her a lot of food, and a lot of grown men stumbling over each other to catch a simple rodent. Not an experience she wanted to repeat. She shuddered at the thought.

Owen went to the barracks instead of the galley. It took him a few minutes before he could remember how to breath, "Phew, that was a close one." he muttered to himself. After he calmed himself, he went to the galley like he said he would, that way he didn't look suspicious. He couldn't help but worry for Eusme. Then again, it was her idea to board this ship. But he should have refused.

((For some reason I imagine Gail with a scottish or british accent.))

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-23-2013, 04:57 AM

Bones grinned and watched her for a moment before taking a bite of his own apple. "Rat of a sort." He muttered to himself. "Caught the new boy snooping around. Probably just stealing food or something." There weren't many hiding places and if he took too much food it would be noticed.

Eusme was squirming, tears in her eyes. She hear someone coming and couldn't help but whine softly. Then she covered her mouth and awaited to be discovered. Never mind soiling herself, she could be killed.

Pandora's Box

Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 PM

"I'll have that kid fed to the sharks if he tries to steal food." Gail said, trying to sound serious, but ending in a laugh. "As long as it's not too serious, that kid could use a pound or two. He is so small." She couldn't help but wonder what he was really doing in there though. Stealing food seemed odd, when most of the men were eating in the galley.

Eating quickly and silently, Owen quickly retreated back to his position as cabin boy after finishing. He anted to go check Eusme, but didn't want to get caught, or look suspicious for being in there again. He figured, from where the sun was, that night would fall soon. Eusme would have to pull through until then.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-26-2013, 06:21 PM

Bones chuckled. "The sharks, right." He nodded slowly, glancing around the deck. "Yes, I suppose he could do with some extra rations. Get some meat on his bones." He leaned against the railing and watched the crew, shouting at a few of them.

She got irritated and soon got out of the barrel to relieve herself. She found a place and was quick to do what she needed to. She used a port hole to rid herself of the act and went back to her barrel, sealing herself in as she heard footsteps again.