ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-20-2016, 10:33 PM

When the man finally spoke up about what he could do, Nyx opened her arms towards him in a 'seeeee' fashion. Her eyes were wide and Sabine didn't look at all happy about the fact that this guy was different too; it made her wrong. When he said 'yes' to Sabine's accusastion, the whole room looked at him. "What?" Nyx asked is disbelief as she turned to look at the male. "Well, I mean, I guess that's more believable than a unicorn, I mean you don't even have a horn, but an alien?"

He continued on, the white haired woman looked around the room. There were those that whispered amongst each other, a look of shock on their faces; those that believed it could be true and that maybe they could belong. There were others that looked at him in disbelief, not understanding how what he said could be true because they were monsters, unfit and unable to belong. Then, lastly, there were those that were prideful of their ability and to learn that there could be more like them, a whole speicies, it made them upset to know that they may not have been the only one of their kind.

When she looked back at the male, he sighed though she wasn't sure why and then he started to speak again. He was looking for Melik? "Melik?" She asked just as she could feel the pressure in the room change; it was like the air was being sucked out. She looked around confused; no matter how deep she had gone, it didn't seem like air was a problem. Nyx looked at Sabine, her hand was to her throat, her eyes wide. The woman then looked over to the other voice users, they were much the same way; they were usually the first to notice a big change in air.

They were all looking at the man and the water woman looked back at him too. His eyes were glowing, which wasn't an uncommon thing for some of the experiements to do when they used their powers. She turned to him, her eyes wide. "What are you doing?" She asked, her voice hushed and frantic. "Stop, you can't hurt them." She moved towards him, putting her hands on his chest. She had to think, think of something and fast; she couldn't let someone she brought in kill everyone. Looking back, the others looked more than worried. "Please, don't hurt them," she pleaded, "You can't hurt them."

His eyes fell upon her, meeting hers and the air seemed to normalize again, more than it became more pleasant than it had before. Nyx stepped back, not sure what to expect of the man. Then he held his wrists to her, casting his head to the side. She looked at his wrists, then back up to his face as he spoke again.

Fritz, he said. Fritz Germain. His name! He told her his name! Nyx looked at the male wide-eyed, though she didn't care that he spoke loud enough for the others to hear him. Sprectre Core? She had no clue what that was, but he surrendered himself, to HER! "Look," she said as she turned to Sabine, pointing at the male. "He likes me!"

Sabine ignored her comrad and glared at the male who told her he was to be under Nyx's watch. Her glare at him was just as sharp as she said, "Nixie, he hurts one person and it's your head."

With that, Nyx pulled a lower eyelid down and stuck her tongue out at the woman. "Unfortunately you don't get do decide my fate," she snapped back at the woman. That was when Sabine's alert red orbs locked on the woman again as she warned, "Do you think Eleanor would forgive you if the man you brought in hurt someone?" With that, she walked off, other experiments parting for her as she vanished into the crowd.

It started getting louder in the room again, people talking about what had just happened, looking at the group. They were moving about a little, but being careful to not get too close. Another blonde darted through the crowds to join Nyx and Fritz, not seeming to alarmed by the male. The tips of her long blonde hair seemed to fade from black to purple to red to blue. "I can take you guys to Melik, come on," she said as she grabbed Nyx's hand. Nyx smiled and grabbed the male's hand and the two were led through a parting crowd to a darker, smaller cavern off to the side.

"Melik is," Noah started before stopping short, the shorter white haired woman bumping into her back. The blonde released her friend and moved towards the empty cot, he wasn't there. She started to spin around, to see where he could have gone when her eyes fell on Eleanor. The woman then let out a deep sigh as she pointed to the curled up red head. "There he is."

Nyx stepped out of the way, looking at Fritz saying, "Is that who you were looking for?" Melik wasn't a common name, so it would have been quite interesting to find out if there was more than one.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2016, 12:41 AM

Liking her had little to do with it. The pleading in her eyes, however, spoke to him on so many levels. His code forbid hurting the innocent. It was also implied that making a woman cry was to be seen as a crime. Not wanting Sabine to get the credit, he did the logical thing--he turned himself over to the one that looked to have the most to gain. She was likely seen as a ditz in the eyes of her peers and, if she could impress this 'Eleanor,' then he could rest easy at night.

"It won't be an issue," he sighed lazily. "I tent to avoid confrontation." As he spoke, he looked sluggishly over his shoulder. He had no intention to turn around to address Sabine so his half-assed glance was really the best she would get.

When another woman, this one a bit more up-beat like the unnamed woman, came into play, she mentioned finding Melik. At least he could do something productive and a lot less destructive.

That's when it hit him, he had learned her name. Nixie. The blonde with the red eyes had uttered it twice now. She also spoke of this Eleanor, too--likely the same Eleanor that appeared to be in charge.

Walking into another room, he immediately noticed all the cots. It was likely the sleeping area. Though, from the look of things, there weren't enough cots for the number of people he saw in the other room. Was there another room full of beds? Or was this truly all they had?

Noah seemed at a loss for words. Immediately, her eyes scanned the empty beds until she found the only one with a body in it. Well, technically two bodies.

"That's Melik; he's never been one to sleep alone."
Sweeping past Nixie, who he glanced down at for a second, he made his silent way toward the sleeping redhead.

Bending beside the boy, he muttered something completely foreign to all the girls.

"Just five more minutes," Melik muttered while swatting Fritz away. "Just five mo--"

Melik bolted from the bed. He rubbed his eyes a few times until he was certain Fritz was truly before him.

"But... how?"

"I put a tracker on you,"
he said far too nonchalantly not to sound semi-creepy.

"You... what." The second the words registered in his mind, a wrinkle marred his forehead. "You what!" Flying forward, his hands wrapped around the loose fabric that sheathed his neck. "How long have you had it on me?! Couldn't trust me? Didn't have faith that I could actually get a job done. Wow," he thrust the other away, "that's...." He was seething; his blood was boiling.

Torrents of sand, dust, and dirt crashed into Fritz. But before they could truly engulf the man, an invisible force pushed the material away.

"ENOUGH!" A sheer force sent Melik and a few cots flying against a back wall.

Fritz, slowly rising from his location, wore a grimace on his face. "You know as well as I do that I didn't do it without a reason." His feet barely touched the ground and he moved over to the smaller male. "But I don't expect you to understand. You've had your life handed to you on a silver platter. You have no idea what it's like to look out for someone, as duly noted in your lack of ability to protect the SOLE PERSON YOU WERE SENT HERE TO PROTECT."

At this point, Fritz's body was shaking. He was an earthquake of emotion.

"So don't you tell me, what I can and cannot do." He was so close to Melik that his dry breath caused Melik to flinch with each word he spoke.

Tears slowly filled his eyes and not before long, Melik doubled over himself and burst into tears. It was that action that finally pulled Fritz from his frenzy.

Like a loving brother, he dipped beside the shorter male and scooped him into his arms. At first, Melik fought it but soon clung to the man with such vigor.

"I'm sorry," Fritz whispered.

"No,"
Melik's sad eyes rolled up to met his. "I'm sorry. I... I shouldn't have kept this from you. I shouldn't have lied."

"Melik," his words were soft and enduring. "I've known from the beginning. I choose to lie because I could see the pride in your eyes. It has been a while since you've done something alone. I thought," he bit his lip, "this would be okay. It turns out...."

Melik burrowed his head into the other man's chest.

"Is Rroy okay?"

Fritz turned his grave face to the side and uttered not a word. The silence torn into Melik to he tugged lightly on Fritz's outfit until he spoke. "He... he cried."

Instantly his face drooped and one could sense that whatever they were talking about wasn't something cheery and pleasant.

"But we'll make it right." Melik slammed his fist into his palm. "Right?"

Fritz wanted to nod but he still wasn't sure of Eleanor, Nixie, and the rest of this crew. Were they the 'good guys'? Or where they the cause of Aleu's death. He couldn't be certain one way or another until he found out more information. Still, to quell Melik's worrying, he pat the kid on the head.

"Yeah, we'll figure something out. We always do."

Pivoting on his heels, Fritz decided it might be best to explain themselves and their scenario. Only, when he went to speak, Melik's words rolled out first.

"We haven't seen each other in a while," he began. "We used to work together. Then, one day, I was taken captive and... well, you know the rest. I got a number and I got powers. I'm pretty sure you thought me dead... didn't you?" Fritz nodded. "Well, I was doing everything I could to escape. And that's when I saw her. The," Melik swallowed a lump in his throat. "When we were younger, we both had a crush on the same girl. I hadn't seen her in ages and then... there she was. I knew that I had to save her too. Every day I fought to find the courage to ask her to help me escape but...." He went silent. "That day never came. And the explosions yesterday morning happens. It's all...." He could feels the tears return. "I should have tried to do something sooner."

Fritz kept a grim look on his face the whole time. He wasn't entirely sure of his role in the story just yet so sitting quiet was the smartest move. Only, Melik didn't speak on his behalf. Would Melik's side of the story be enough? No. Of course not.

With a heavy sigh, Fritz flicked his gaze to Nixie. "I'm a hunter." In the blink of an eye, he vanished only to reappear behind Nixie. "Though I made you a promise. So for now," his cyan gaze hardened before falling on Melik. "Just keep an eye on me. I'm the reason Melik got caught. I was..." there was a hint of glee to his voice, "rewarded handsomely for bringing people to the facilities. I brought at least a dozen. No, probably three dozen. All innocent and broken."

Twisting Nixie's face toward his, a sly smirk grew on his face. "I warned you. Murderous men stirred within the still branches for the forest." Of course, it was all a lie. A facade so he could keep his head on straight. If he fell into the pit Melik was now in, how could he properly discern who was the enemy? After all, he had but one mission--avenge Aleu.

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 01:23 AM

The way the man reacted told the girls that this was the person they were looking for, that and he did confirm it. Noah let out a breath of relief; at least that's why he was near Eleanor, though she wasn't sure how the woman would have taken it if she woke up next to a person.

The two stood near each other near the doorway, just watching the taller male try to wake the other. It was kind of cute to watch, in a brotherly endearing way, but then Melik woke up. Noah and Nyx looked at each other, confused by the reaction and things only escalated from there. Melik started looking angry and the loose sand and dirt in the cavern started to spin up.

"Put up a wall, put up a wall, put up a wall," Noah cried to Nyx, pulling on her jacket. The woman already had that in mind as she moved towards the doorway, eyes trying to look in. With her palms facing out, water moved from her hands to seal off the door. "Darken it quick Noah, they can still see," the woman replied and the other complied. As the blonde's finger touched the water, it quickly flooded black in color, lie dye would take to liquid.

The men started getting louder, attacking one another. The two women had to focus on keeping the barrier up, but kept themselves close to it to keep from getting involved. But then, as quickly as it started, Fritz was beside he male, coddling him. The words they said to one another confused the two women, clearly this had something to do with their past and with as new to the facility as Melik was, it wasn't all that surprising that he still had connections outside.

Noah looked over at Nyx; concern was laced in her sight, but the blonde was confused. If this guy, this alien guy, clearly powerful, knew where his friend was this whole time, why not break him out? She then looked at Melik; was it likely that he was the same thing as this new guy or did he some how have friends that didn't belong in this world? Such a concept wasn't too far fetched for the woman who's family was killed by demons, the same creatures she could now devour.

As the woman tried to figure things out in her head, it was almost like the two men figured that out and turned their attention to them. Melik began to explain their history, though it didn't make sense for the outburst of anger the two had just then. In fact, it made more questions for the taller woman instead. So, Melik got caught, put in the facility and the girl he liked worked there? The woman's memories flashed to the night she met the boy that had proposed to her as a kid; was Melik a lucky one to be reunited with such a person? When he spoke of the explosion, Noah felt her heart drop. Unlike she, he had not only not given up on finding that person, but did manage to find her, he found her only to lose her. The woman's hair was growing more blue as she thought of it; she pulled her eyes away from the group.

As she did, her eyes fell back to the remaining cots. She blinked a few times, confused. "Where's Eleanor?" She asked Nyx, but the woman was too preoccupied by the man that had appeared next to her.

Nyx stared up at Fritz as he stood beside her; he was the reason Melik was caught? He next confession brought a panicked breath to the water woman; Noah's hair started to turn black, though it wasn't just because of the woman beside her. They had a captor with them, her and Nyx and trapped themselves with him. This man who had spoken with her and had done her no harm for how long in those woods, he was one of those responsible for taking people into the facility?

The water woman broke her gaze away, her eyes locked on the floor. "What have I done," she whispered, her voice wavering. She had put them all in more danger; death would have been more pleasant that the beast she brought in to them. What if he had companions? What if they knew where he was? What if she led them all to their hideout she had taken so long to find?

Her face was jerked upward, her aqua eyes wavered on the verge of tears as she stared up at the man. She had nothing to say to what he told her. She just stared up at him, her heart aching, her body feeling numb. Her hands fell, the water wall wavering without the support of her energy, but still holding on from Noah's power flowing within it.

"Nyx," the woman cried, her eyes falling from the man to her friend. "Nyx, we really need to you keep this thing up. We can't let him near the others." But the woman didn't respond.

In the confusion and events going on, Eleanor was awoken by the sound of yelling me and the clattering of cots being thrown. She opened her eyes, the dull olive orbs locking on Melik and someone she didn't recognize, to the side was Noah and Nyx who were putting up a wall to keep the others from watching what was going on. The brunette slid from her cot and crawled until she was behind one of the ones that had been thrown. There, she sat and listened, listened until she heard this guy admitting to being the reason that Melik had been captured.

Darkness began to swirl around her left arm as the woman grew angry. Someone let this guy in here and he was dangerous; he was the cause of so much misery and death to those that didn't deserve it. Eleanor could hear Noah's panicked calls to Nyx and when Nyx didn't respond, Eleanor looked back. The woman, though she seemed to get on Eleanor's nerves, was near tears and the put the woman over her boiling point.

Jumping over the cot, the woman rushed the taller male; the darkness had solidified into a massive shield nearly as tall as she, though unlike the armor, this didn't flow, it was solid. She threw it and her weight against it, bashing into the male. Hardened olive eyes glared at the male as she said, "Then we might as well take out the one we have so we can spare the lives of those that you could ruin next."

Darkness quickly swirled around her right arm and shoulder blade; a massive blade forming in its place, the same obsidian color as the shield. "I'm not even going to give you the option of being able to walk out of here and sparing your life. Not when you so willingly damned so many more to a fate worse than death."

Without looking over the woman said, "Get yourself together Nyx and strengthen your wall. We don't want the others to worry about what's going on in here more than they are."

Nyx jumped at the sound of her name, her dull gaze fell over to Eleanor and she nodded. Turning her back completely to the two men and Eleanor, the water woman rose her hands again, the water ceased its wavering.

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2016, 02:04 AM

Perhaps that confession wasn't the wisest. No. He was firm with his decision. He had to be the enemy. He had to get the information Melik couldn't. If Melik was the friend and he the enemy, the could both see two sides of the same coin. It was absolutely ideal. Between the two of them, they could decide if Nieko, Varun, and Arvin needed to rain hell down on these people or turn their rage elsewhere.

Of course, the repercussions that came with his lie weren't ideal. Instantly, Nixie seemed to crack. She blamed herself for bringing a bad man into the facility. It would be hard on her and a part of him wished he could tell her the truth. But would she believe him? Would she be able to keep up the facade and hide his secret?

No. There was a grim look on his face. She wouldn't be able to. She was too air-headed and clumsy. She would mistakenly reveal the truth and he would find himself in another abyss.

Opening to mouth to reassure the women they were overrating didn't happen. Instead, the wind was knocked right out of him. A force--was it Melik?--came from nowhere and shoved him roughly into the cavern's solid foundation. With a light moan, he flitted his eyes open to spy yet another woman. His body ached and he felt the sharp pain of raw, bruised bones. Summoning his wind wasn't going to save him now.

At a huge disadvantage, Fritz wasn't sure what to do. The code forbid him from attacking a woman. Sure, she attacked him but the only reason she did was because he lied. To outright attack her was to doom himself.

Grimace on his face, he tried to think of an angle, any angle. Nervously, his gaze fell on Nixie. She seemed the most humane. Perhaps she would sympathize with him. Perhaps she would see through his facade. Maybe she would demand a fair trail?

He heard the blade coming but his eyes didn't waver from Nixie. If he were to die, he wanted at least someone to know that he was truly sorry. And so far, Nixie seemed the only one capable of true compassion. Not to mention, he felt his cheeks flair a pink color, she had called him handsome.

How devastated she must be. To know that her desired lover was the villain in the story. No, a false villain. A man forced to lie to seek out the truth. It was cruel and twisted, but he and Melik had played this game so many times. Rroy taught them well. Deception was his favorite game.

Melik!

Eyes going wide, he saw a childish body roll into view. He was... he was going to take on Eleanor's attack! He was fully prepared to die in the place of the one who swore to protect him.

Everything seemed to slow. Pulling his eyes from Nyx, he forced them shut. He refused to let Melik die because of his sins. Eleanor's blade was perfectly poised to strike Melik's vital organ. If her blade ripped through him, the shortie would die in seconds.

Despite the pain, he forced his wind to aid him. Using the wind to his will, he swapped places with the redhead. Melik felt it and his eyes instantly crested with tears. If Eleanor's force was strong enough, she could snap his neck and bring about his death. Fritz hated to think it but was this... goodbye?

No! He had a mission. He made Rroy a promise! He was't going to die now!

Twisting at the hips, he jerked Melik into his chest and gingerly rolled out of Eleanor's attack. Melik's form trembled and tears welled up in his eyes.

"Melik," his voice was a soft coo, "you cannot throw your life away for me. I vowed to protect you since I first laid eyes on you. You are the head, I the arms and legs. If I die, you can still carry on our dream for peace and tranquility for all. A happy place where hate cannot cloud the mind nor mar judgement."

Whipping away Melik's teary cheeks, Fritz slowly unfolded from his squat until he towered over everyone in the room.

A blade, a katana to be exact, shimmered between his fingers. "The code forbids many things and I," he pulled the blade forward so that the curved edge was toward himself, "can no longer live to follow its standards."

Wide-eyed, Melik let out a yelp. There was little he could do for his body was paralyzed with fear. Never before had he seen Fritz so... so ready to make peace with his life to ensure that he, Melik, could fulfill a mission.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 AM

A low growl came from the woman as she was in mid swing towards the male that had taken a hit against the wall. A blur of red was suddenly in front of her and the appearance of the male forced her to change course; she wouldn't hit Melik. "Melik," the woman warned. "You helped me and aided in saving everyone here," she said, her voice low as she slowly turned to face the man again. "But do not think that I will allow you to protect someone that has hurt and killed so many." Sure, those that caught didn't kill the experiments, but if they hadn't been caught in the first place they wouldn't have died.

When the taller man spoke of doing himself in for no longer being able to live by 'some Code', Eleanor lowered her bladed arm, her weight shifting to one side. While they wouldn't be able to say they had saved them from a hunter, at least they could say one more was out of the picture.

"Nixie, what are you doing?!" Noah shrieked as the tear stricken white haired woman pulled from the wall again running towards the man. She dipped around his blade, her arms wrapping around him as her head came into contact with his chest.

"Nixie," Eleanor warned as she took a few steps towards the water woman, the blade and shield fading in a cloud of black.

Shaking her head, eyes tightly shut she said, "No, he's my responsibility and I'm not letting you force him to do this."

Eleanor's eyes shot to the crying red head as she said, "You want to help too? Then get something up there cause Noah can't keep that up for much longer." She pointed towards the water wall that was once against wavering, wanting to fall be the emotional power in it keeping it up, but barely.

"Nixie, Nyx," Eleanor tried to coo and reason as she side stepped the male so she could look at the woman more squarely. "Nyx, you heard what he said he was. Why would you protect him?"

The woman turned her head, wiping her tears on the male's ragged shirt, though her body seemed to absorb them up right away anyway. She slowly opened her eyes, a pleading look in them as she said, "I brought him here, Eleanor." Nyx sucked in her lower lip as she saw the shocked look on the woman's face, she could tell she was questioning the other's motives. "I know, it was stupid but he saw me use my powers. Eleanor, he wasn't afraid of them." The woman rolled her eyes up as she said, "He wasn't mean at all, how could he be a hunter?" A hard lump formed in the woman's throat and she took a shaky breath. "I remember the people who captured me, Eleanor." She slowly shook her head. "They weren't nice, they weren't nice people at all.

"I know that it was stupid to bring him here and that I could have endangered everyone, but I brought him here and I don't want to trouble anyone else with him. He's my responsibility. He said so." There was a look of defiance in the woman's eyes as she watched those harsh olive ones die back down to their unusually dull tone.

Eleanor dropped her head, her eyes staring at the hard ground below her and sighed. She lifted a hand and massaged her temples before her fingers ran down the side of her face. Looking back up at the pair, the woman shook her head again. "Fine," she sighed and Nixie seemed to lighten a bit.

"What?"

"I said fine." Eleanor then looked at the much taller male and said, "She watches you. You try to do anything funny and it will be my blade that does you in." She then looked over towards Melik and Noah. "Get someone in here that can check for trackers. The twins should be able to."

Eleanor's gaze then fell back to the white haired woman. "He doesn't go outside Nyx, you got that? We can't risk him having friends and them finding this place." Shaking her head again, Eleanor sighed to herself; she really did let the others get away with whatever they wanted.

As she started to head out the now open doorway, she looked down at herself and noticed a large poofy jacket on her. "What the hell is this," she hissed to herself before pulling it off and tossing it at one of the cots.

Noah followed along behind Eleanor, to retrieve the twins to inspect the male for any tracking devices. Once she sent them towards the room, she took a seat against a wall in the main cavern, watching as Eleanor vanished into another tunnel.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 03:02 AM

Eleanor's cold tone hardly reached him. The only thing Melik focused on was his friend. The one who had always been there for him. The one he rudely attacked. The one he....

The white haired woman seemed to sense the good within him. Throwing herself at Fritz, Melik found himself relax slightly. It was nice to know that he was able to befriend someone so quickly. Though he had no idea why Nixie had chosen him.

No. He knew. Deep down Melik always knew. Fritz wasn't a bad man. He never could be. Everything he did, he did it for a reason. He was wise in his own way and leagues above all else when it came to maturity and rational thought.

There was also that soft side too. Fritz showed it to none but a close few. He would laugh and joke just like anyone else. But he was also sweeter, softer. He loved the little things. Holding pinkies with someone. Blowing the hairy ends off dandelions. Feeding someone a delicate cake. All the softer sides of him were highly desirable.

Could Nixie... could she see that?

His mind tore from his thoughts when Eleanor barked at him. He was exhausted from his little hissy fit with Fritz. There wasn't much sand in the area so it was harder to command it. Still, if walling up the door saved Fritz's life, he would do it.

With a firm foot on the ground, he willed what little dirt and sand he could find to fill up the hole. Slowly, bit by bit, it filled so that it was no longer easy to spy what was happening in the room with the cots.

Great beads of sweat rolled from his brow, but he kept his focus on the wall. He could always ask Fritz what happened later, assuming he was allowed to converse with the prisoner.

Pffft. As if that would stop him.

When Nyx threw herself in front of Eleanor's rage, Fritz found himself startled. He was shocked at the core. Why would this woman... why would she defy her leader? Why would she stand between his blade and his flesh? What could she possibly gain? Letting him die would be easier. Less painful. Why was she so stubborn on making him her problem.

Dropping the katana, the metal clanged on the cavern floor. The second it dropped, Fritz wrapped his arms around the smaller woman.

He muttered something in that same foreign tongue he used earlier.

Melik caught it and smirked. "He says you're stupid but thank you."

Fritz pulled his eyes open to look past Nyx and at the one called Eleanor. She seemed displeased with the results but knew better than to draw up a battle. Instead, she turned curtly and left. When she returned with the hounds, Fritz shook his head.

"I'm afraid the tracker isn't something you can remove. Fear not. Only he has one. I," he chose his words carefully, "he's had it since I swore an oath to him. Think of it like an impression. Only I can see it."

Since he no longer needed to keep the wall up, Melik furrowed his brows. "Wait a minute," he turned his gaze to the teal-haired man. "That day I asked you if you put something in my mouth when I slept...."

A wry smile jerked his lips.

"WHAT!" Melik tugged at his lower lip. Sure enough, there was a faint mark. It hardly looked like anything, but he knew it was the tracker. "How?" He cocked a brow.

"I didn't want to lose you. I read ancient text and learned of a way to brand the one you serve. Thought it appropriate and then put it in your lips. Your heart, gut, and mind can lie. But your lips," he seemed cheeky, "they're always flabbing."

"ARE YOU SUGGESTING I TALK TOO MUCH?!"

Fritz had covered his ears before nodding firmly. "You're also loud." His eyes slipped to Nixie. "Similar to her."

"Ah," Melik stroked his chin. "I see, I see."

A sarcastic expression came to Fritz's face. "No. Stop your foolish thoughts. Such is not the case. Stop... no. Melik...." There was a growl to his voice.

Coyly, he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just saying." Pivoting on his toes, he wandered out back into the main area. "Oi, oi, why don't we leave Nyx to her responsibility. He won't do anything. His code forbids him from hurting a woman." He skipped to Eleanor. "And don't worry. His code also prevents him from harming the innocent. He can only attack if you attack first. So just make sure no one hurts him and we're golden!"

Anguish washed over his face. "Sometimes," he began, "you talk too much."

When the room eventually cleared, Melik put up a sand door. It was similar to the one up front only this one could only open from one side. And, once opened, it would collapse.

"Nixie," Fritz cupped the woman's cheek in his palm, "never throw yourself in front of a man like that again. Your life is precious."

Last edited by Xavirne; 01-21-2016 at 03:04 AM..

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 12:55 PM

Nyx practically coughed out a laugh when Melik spoke up, clearing up the words she had felt spoke, but didn't understand. I definitely wasn't the first time she had heard that saying and it probably wasn't going to be the last.

The boney faced twins seemed more than just a little excited when the brunette had called upon them. When she was returning to the once closed off room, the two had held hands, twirling around the woman happily.

"Check him, please," she said pointing to the male that held Nyx. The twins faces seemed to light up in delight at the development, their hands clasping together before their faces revealing a large gap filled toothy grin.

When the man made a comment saying he didn't have any, Eleanor shot him a hard look and of course his words seemed to set Melik off as well. "Nyx may trust you, but I don't and if you're staying here, you get checked." Those dull olive orbs then fell to the two smaller bodies, whom then saluted the woman before their red orbs fell upon the man. The color of those eyes seemed to change in harsh bands from lighter to darker reds as the twins seemed as though something shiny had taken their attention.

After a few moments, they grabbed each other's hands before turning and tugging on the hem of the woman's shirt. "Eleanor, Eleanor it's bad," one said, though both wore the same panicked look. Eleanor's eyes fell on the male for a moment, giving him a cold, hard stare, before they fell back to the twins. She said nothing, just rose her eye brows at them.

"Nyx, she's lost weight," the other said upon the visual queue. Eleanor's look went from partly expectant to not entirely pleased.

"And of her friend?" She asked, trying to get the twins back on track.

"Ooooh," the two said in unison looking at each other before looking back at Eleanor. "Nope, nothing," they said together before another added, "But he's weird." The other nodded saying, "Yeah, he doesn't seem built right." The other followed up once again saying, "Like he came with extra parts."

Letting out a slow sigh and shaking her head Eleanor said, "Having extra parts isn't a crime as long as they don't hurt you." The woman then looked over at Melik saying, "Unless you want the twins to check you out too, I'm going. Oh, and Nyx, be sure to eat more."

She then turned to start to leave, one twin climbed on top of the other and hurried after her. "Eleanor, Eleanor, we're really happy to see you awake," she said as they managed to attach themselves to her back. The twin on the top was sort of doubled over her head, red eyes locked with hers as their faces pressed together.

"Yes, Eleanor's happy to see you too," she told them as she lowered her arms in front of her as the top twin started rolling over her head. The woman seemed to have a little bit of a hard time catching the twin; clearly they weren't as small as they used to be when they first started this.

As she lowered the twin to the group, they promptly turned around saying, "Look, I'm losing a toof". They had tilted their head down to allow the woman to see their human just, past the one of bone. Eleanor bent over to look into the child's mouth, her hand gripping the bone jaw slightly as she turned their head a little to see better.

"You better be careful about that," she said as she stood back up.

the child puffed out their chest; this was the male of the twins. "What, it won't hurt my hunting abilities," he said confidently. "These teeth have nothing to do with those teeth."

Eleanor rose a brow as she said, "I know that, but I don't want you crying in the middle of the night because you wake up to a missing tooth and blood on the floor again."

The child looked down, ashamed. The other twin, the sister, let out a shrill gleeful laugh as she jumped on her brother's back. "You were so sad that the tooth fairy wouldn't come visit you that night," the girl squealed, bringing a look of dismay from her brother. With their backs to Nyx and Fritz, the tank tops the kids wore clearly left their left shoulders exposed, revealing scar tissue that read 'RDH00105' and 'RDH00106'.

Eleanor escorted the children back out to the main hall, the large four-eyed male sat in the distant, but his gaze could be felt upon them; he was indeed protective of the children. "The tooth fairy knows when you lose a tooth, so it's ok," she said as she lightly pushed the two in the direction of the much larger male.

Soon after she two parted from the woman, continuing their chatter, her solitude was interrupted once again. Without turning her head, she merely rolled her eyes to meet the advance of the red head. The word he told her caused the woman to turn around and look at the two again. Her eyes locked on the cyan eyes of the male before she said, "Well that's good then. It doesn't seem like Nyx has the idea to attack him anyway, so as long as the only people he can attack here are the two of us, then it's fine."

As Melik put the door up again, the eyes from the room were upon them, though the air seemed completely different than when Nyx had brought Fritz in, in the first place. Eleanor inwardly rolled her eyes as she said, "Nyx has a new pet. Don't touch it without permission."

Eleanor then looked back down at the male and said, "I'm too tired to deal with anymore of this. Let's go back to bed."

The woman then wandered into a tunnel nearing the area that ended in a much smaller cavern. Compared to the rest of the caves, it was much darker and cooler; both welcome after the excitement not long ago.

Moving to the far end of the cave, so that she could still see the door, Eleanor sat down against the wall. She lifted one arm up and waved the male over. "You want to cuddle again, don't you?" She asked him, her eyes shut as she spoke. "It can't be easy to have the friend that turned you in, reappear in front of you like that."

There was a small smirk on Nyx's face as the male cupped her cheek; though she had been crying, her skin had absorbed the tears as fast as they fell. She backed away from the man, pulling from his touch as she shrugged. "We were created to be soldiers, I'm not really sure if the 'your life is precious' rule applies anymore."

She then turned to look at the door Melik created. "But, if I can stop some of the bloodshed, then its worth it. Too many people have died because of that place." She then cast a sideways glance at him as she said, "Though, you probably know nothing about that. You were only paid to drop people off." Looking back at the wall, the woman's shoulder rose and fell as she laughed a little bit. "If that's even the case."

Her shoulders then slowly slumped as she sighed, turning back to look at the male. "Eleanor isn't a bad person. She does what she thinks is best to protect those that shared our fate." The woman's eyes seemed to go wild, almost panicked as she stretched her arms out. "I mean, there were thousands of us, but now, what? Maybe 50? We don't know if there are more out there, if there are those lost of even still under the watch of the facility."

Shaking her head, Nyx slowly rose her aqua colored eyes back up to the male. "She does what she can to protect those that survived and found us. I know she would have regretted it. If Melik were sad, she wouldn't forgive herself." The woman's eyes fell to the floor again as she said, "She can't bare making a choice that upsets one of us, but she doesn't tell anyone, she just keeps to herself."

Silence fell over them and it brought an embarrassed chuckle top the woman's lips. Rubbing the back of her neck she looked up at Fritz again. "Look at me, trying so hard to justify that Eleanor's not a bad person." She then fell silent again, a small smile forming on her lips as she held a hand out to the male saying, "I'm Nyx, Nixie, Nixie Baader, by the way. You can call me Nyx though."

Follow my Facebook Page! I'll be trying to keep it updated with my 3 cosplays for this year!

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 03:22 PM

At Eleanor's comment, Fritz turned his gaze away. She was right. He was the outsider; the least he could do was get checked by the strange children.

When he came back clean, he set his eyes back on Eleanor. There was nothing mean about it. He just wanted to see what she would say. Much to his surprise, she didn't seem too phase about his extra pieces. She even had a semi-decent comment regarding it.

Melik was all for getting scanned but decided he probably shouldn't cause more concern for the woman. Instead, he gave Fritz a friendly wave before hopping along behind Eleanor.

He wanted to jump on her too but knew he was way heavier than either of the twins. Instead, he just laughed before skipping over to pet one of them. "You're cute," he said while nuzzling the sister. When the other brought up his tooth, Melik's eyes went wide. "Whoa," he gasped, "I'm kind of jealous. I wish the tooth fairy came to visit me." He wiggled his nose. "On second though, I don't want to have to remember that pain again." His eyes spaced out. "Yup. Adult teeth are way better."

The twins eventually left Eleanor's side and the woman addressed the other survivors. Melik gave a firm nod, as if he agreed completely with Eleanor's assessment. He wanted to comment about how Fritz was really nice but wasn't sure that was a wise idea.

Looking over to Eleanor, he nodded. "Sleep sounds wonderful. Too much excitement for one day." There was wry grin on his face as he followed her into the next dark room.

"OH MY GAWD," he couldn't control his squealing. Zipping to her, the male welcomed the invitation. After they settled down, he eventually opened his mouth to speak.

"Fritz has... he's always been different. I know he says he traded me for money but... that's not true. I'm plenty rich. If he wanted money, all he needed to do was ask. If he traded me, there had to be a sound reason. He probably knew something I didn't." A smile grew on his face, she could likely feel his cheek muscles shift. "And if he did bring in others, I know he would have brought in the sick. Fritz has always been able to sense those who are on their last leg. Already condemned to death, why not make them experiments. If they lived, they bested their odds. If they died... well, it was inevitable at some point."

A yawn gripped his jaw. "In due time, you'll learn to trust him. And forgive him. He's unbelievably powerful--not something you want to hear I'm sure--but he can be turned. Nyx is the perfect person for the job. She'll show him that we're not the bad guys and that what he did was wrong. He'll warm up to us and, when he does, he'll be a valuable asset. Someone you will trust."

"All life is precious," he said with deep concern. "To think otherwise means you've already given up. Find something to fight for, to prove, and you'll realize that all life is precious. All life has meaning and worth. You just need to discover yours."

Her comment about stopping bloodshed drew a small smile to his face. "Then protect. It's the path I walk." He would come back to this comment later. Right now, she seemed forced on speaking on Eleanor's behalf.

"There is no need to justify her actions. Any good leader would have done as she did. She seeks to protect, though her means are unorthodox. She puts up a hard front but I can see the sadness in those olive colored eyes. She's worried, as are you."

Taking her hand, he placed a tender kiss on it. "Henceforth, Nixie Baader, I shall be as you wish me to be. My contract broke with Melik the day I traded him in. A man without a contract is just a murderous wanderer. Bound to you, I can no longer do as I please."

Dropping her head, he fell to one knee. His arm crossed over his chest as his head bowed. "I, Fritz Kent Germain, please thy allegiance to you."

As his head rose, his cyan eyes locked with hers. For a second, there was a flash of white in his eyes. The moment it came, it went.

Rising, he brushed the dust from his knee. "I now live to serve you. You tell me to jump, I ask how high."

With that change of command, he crossed his arms over his chest. "About Eleanor," his jaw hung ajar for a moment, "give her a reason to believe. Fight hard. Make her dream a reality. You seek to protect. Protect her dream. Protect her people."

His eyes seemed distant as he spoke. His thoughts were clearly elsewhere as a bittersweet expression washed onto his face. He was thinking about the day he joined Rroy. How he promised he would protect the man at all costs.

Fritz scoffed. It was funny how he was so bound to his code. Everything about it was perfect, sans one thing. No where in the code did it mention cheating or lying. Although he claimed loyalty to Nyx, he was still technically bound to both Rroy and Melik. Melik's tongue would supersede her commands. Though he knew there would never be a time where he would be forced to pick between Melik and Nyx. They were alike--both desiring a world without bloodshed.

"So," his head lazily looked over his shoulders down at Nixie, "what shall we do now?" He noted the bags under her eyes again. "Perhaps it is wise that you catch up on much needed sleep? I can prepare an herbal tea to ease your worrisome mind."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Even with her eyes closed, Eleanor's brows rose at Melik telling her that he was rich. "So apparently it wasn't only the poor and abandoned that got taken in," she muttered to herself. She was actually quite surprised by this; those that they had take in so far were either orphans, in bad families, poor families, lost or just plain unfortunate. It was her first time hearing a rich kid getting take, though it did confuse her as to why he hadn't been found then, rich people tended to be good at spending resources to find their own. Who knows, maybe he hadn't been there long enough or he had been let go just like the rest of them.

Though, even if this guy did have a reason, like the other was saying, it didn't stop the hurt the woman felt to think that someone close to you do something like that. She could feel his face shift, almost like he was smiling while he spoke of the man. "Melik," she sighed as she tilted her head so it rested against his more. "It may be wise to not tell anyone about him being a hunter. Even if you say he brought in the sick, I don't think people would see the grace in his actions. And if we're lucky, if anyone he brought in did live and they're hear, hopefully they keep quiet too."

As Melik yawned, Eleanor rolled the back of her head on the rock so her chin was tilted up as she thought. "Us the bad guys, huh? That's something interesting to think about," she said out loud, though no real meaning was behind it. "He'll have a lot of work to do if he truly wants to gain anyone's trust, more work to gain mine."

Eleanor peaked her eyes open as she looked at him from the corner. "He is a hunter Melik," she reaffirmed to the man. "You should know how they are viewed here. He's a danger to everyone here, but for some reason you and Nyx don't want to see anything bad happen to him. He's going to have to prove that he's not what he was, or even still is. If he bring trouble to the group, I'm sorry Melik, but there are too many here that I will not sacrifice for a single stranger that has the past he does."

She closed her eyes again as she continued, "But, if he manages to win over our trust and prove to not be a threat? Then we only seek to win on that end. I won't be upset if that were to happen. Nyx has a way of getting people to open up to her, so just maybe, just maybe."

---------- Post added 01-21-2016 at 11:37 AM ----------

As Fritz urged that all life was precious, Nyx started wondering if maybe they were all too hard on themselves for what happened. They had been treated like they meant nothing for their whole duration in the facility, told that they were monsters and didn't belong. Was that true? Or was Fritz right and they really did matter. Her eyes fell to him as these thoughts went through her head; it was interesting coming from a supposed hunter.

When he said to protect, like he did, the man had her full attention. She thought about Eleanor and what she wanted for everyone and her mouth sat slightly ajar. Of course, the idea that she and her man could be on the same path only encouraged this thought even further. Together, she and Fritz could see to everyone's happiness; their bond would show all that no matter how odd they were, they could be happy. Yes, their love would fix everything.

The man didn't seem upset about Eleanor's attack on him not all that long ago. Her brow furrowed slightly, a smile on her face at the thought that maybe he didn't hate the person that all of them looked up to so much. Though he seemed to have read the woman far quicker than many of the others and the sadness he spoke of, no one knew the source. "You've seen that much, but if you knew why her eyes looked like that, you would know more than all of us here," she teased, though a part of her wondered if this guy was also a mind reader.

As he took her hand in his, Nyx's eyes locked on the male, widening as he lightly kissed the top. "What are you doing," she whispered, a smile on her face as he cheeks flared, her gaze making sure they were really alone. As Fritz continued on, the woman's face only grew more vibrant and as he took a knee she blurted out, "Oh my gosh, but we only just met."

The light in his eyes, the white flash caught the woman's eyes, though she could always get lost in those beautiful orbs. As he stood up, the woman continued to stare at him in awe until he spoke. Nyx rubbed the back of her neck as she said, "Oh gosh, I thought you were proposing. Whelp, that's embarrassing."

Fritz's attention then went to her supporting Eleanor's goal. That was a good idea; Eleanor wanted what was best for them and did what she thought was best to do it. Granted, she hid a lot of things, bu-- hid, Eleanor hid things. Nyx's bright blue eyes locked on the male, she just stared at him as he changed the topic again, though she wasn't sure what he said.

"I finally saw it," she said to herself, her voice sounding almost breathless. A large smile formed across the woman's face as she said, "I finally saw it! Fritz, do you know how exciting that is!" Her mentally gears started turning as her eyes moved as though she were reading something written in the air. "You got hit but her too, oh my gosh."

Looking back up at the male, she grabbed onto his arms, closing the space between them. "What was it like?!" She asked, the excitement clear in her voice. "Getting hit by Eleanor, what was it like? It hurt, right? I mean, it looked like it did. But oooh, how awesome would that be?! You're so lucky!" Her brow furrowed slightly as she then said, "Well, I guess so are the guys that tried to attack us... But they're dead now I'm guessing, that's not lucky."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 04:56 PM

He was glad he changed the conversation so quickly to Eleanor. She thought he was proposing. Proposing! They hadn't even known each other 12-hours and she already wanted a ring?! What kind of woman did he just devote himself to.

Maybe I can cancel my contract....

Then she got all excited about the next thing--Eleanor's attacking. she had never seen it before, or so it seemed from the way she got all giddy about it. For the first time, Eleanor stopped acting like Rroy. Rroy didn't mind using his powers in front of his friends. Then again, Rroy was Valsozn. Pride was kind of their thing.

As her arms grabbed his, Fritz felt a warmth flow into his cheeks.

Am I... blushing? He didn't understand this sensation. Why was he blushing. Was it because of her proposal comment from moments ago? She had called him handsome, that was a first. She was also very grabby--though Melik was equally as grabby. The more he stayed with Nyx, the more he realized he found the female version of his beloved friend.

He wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing.

Mind spinning, he could just imagine the redhead and the white haired woman yanking on each of his arms. Melik demanding that his sworn protector do things with him while Nyx pleaded that he do things with her.

Fritz let out a soft sigh before his eyes moved to meet Nyx's anxious pair.

"I've been hit by worse. Had the wall not been there, I would be fine. I regret to inform you that the stones did more damage than her arm." He could see Nixie grow said. "Though I'm probably the worst person to ask. I can endure a lot unless my bones take a hit." Rubbing his arm, he pulled up his shirt sleeve to reveal a very bruised arm. "I've been cursed with brittle bones. I bruise easily so I tend to avoid getting thrown around. She," he smirked, "caught me offguard." His brows knit together as a serious expression rolled onto his face. "It won't happen again."

Turning on his toes, he hid his face behind his hand. It was time to address the other thing now.

"You really need to watch your tongue." He pat her forehead. "Saying such things like that to a man could get you in trouble." He was referring to the proposal. "I hope you don't throw yourself at every so-called handsome man you meet." Fritz's eyes shifted from her. "It'll make you undesirable."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 05:13 PM

Even when Fritz seemed to 'break the hard news' to Nyx about the wall hurting him, not so much Eleanor, the woman shook her head. "It doesn't matter that it didn't hurt, you got hit by her! I finally got to see her powers!" She pulled away from the male, her hands by her mouth; she was truly giddy about this. When he showed her his bruised arms, the water woman leaned into look at them, her finger tracing lightly across the skin. "Lydia can heal this up no problem, if you want," she said as she looked up at him.

The man seemed more concerned about not letting Eleanor catch him off guard again. Nyx chuckle slightly as she said, "I don't think you have to worry about that. I don't think we'll see her powers for a loooong time to come."

Nyx had been with Eleanor for a little over a year and in that time, this was the first time the woman actually let her see her powers, or even a portion of them. She wasn't the type to show them off and she wasn't sure why she kept them so secretive. Anytime anyone asked, Eleanor just brushed it off and the conversation ended quick with the woman taking her leave.

The male then started talking again, but not about Eleanor; what was he talking about? His words suddenly made sense as he talked about her throwing herself at any handsome man she found. Nyx let out a mock-offended gasp, her handing falling to her heart. "The man that just swore his life to me thinks I am so fickle?" She then exaggeratedly placed the back of her hand against her forehead. "My love, he must not find it pure."

She then stuck her tongue out at the man, placing one hand defiantly on her tip as she pointed at him. "Don't go thinking I'm that easy Mister," she scolded. "You are my handsome man, no one else shall ever win that right!" She then rolled her eyes as she said, "And I've seen many men in my day. That facility seemed to like having them as doctors." Her gaze fell back to the taller man, a dangerous glint in her eye as she stood on partial tip toe, slowly running a finger along the bottom of his jaw and chin saying, "None could even hold a flame to you."

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 01-21-2016 at 05:21 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:45 PM

Fritz grumbled something under his breath. Nixie seemed to find getting hit entertaining, but Fritz wasn't pleased that he couldn't use his wind right now. Still, he didn't notice any malice in her voice. She was likely just excited about finally seeing Eleanor's powers--something Fritz hoped he wouldn't have to experience again. Nyx seemed to agree, which caused him to relax slightly.

When she called him out on his comment, Fritz fumbled. How could he combat a comment as true as that. He had just sworn himself to her. Was he no different than she?

No! Absolutely not. He swore himself to her to protect her, heavens knew she needed it. Her adoration was purely love-based.

Still, he felt the sting of her words on his skin. He needed to be more careful. Despite her clumsy antics, she was quick to catch onto contradictions. He would have to up his game.

His brow rose at her comment about not finding it pure.

What did he not find pure? What wasn't pure? Who wasn't pure? What the hell was she talking about. He half-wished Melik was here to sew the canvas together. Then again, if it was something about love, Varun or Arvin would make more sense. Or maybe even Nieko.

His chest fell as did his brows. This woman was utterly confusing.

Thankfully, she jabbered on. Only the more she spoke, the more confused he became. What did she mean by ease? What wasn't going to be easy?

"I'm your what?" The words mistakenly fell from his lips. He was struggling to keep his face straight-laced. She was all over the place and continued to use terms that made him sweat. To be called handsome again cast his cheeks a vivid red color. Handsome... that wasn't a term people used. It was always weird, strange, or odd. But handsome?

No, he wasn't handsome. That was more suiting for Varun or Arvin. Hell, even Rroy was handsome. Compared to those three, Fritz didn't stand a chance. His hair was grizzled and his features weren't nearly as attractive. Sure, he shared the lithe lips, but that hardly made him kissable. Most women wanted lips--not little slits. And although he had a nice face shape, Arvin and Rroy stole the show when it came to the bad boy features. Varun, he was just the charming, prince-like kind of handsome.

Nieko and Melik were more adorable and cute. Both had those cheeky qualities that women tended to desire.

But he? Fritz furrowed his brows. He was nothing like this friends. Definitely the least attractive of them all. His unorthodox attire didn't help either--but he chose that.

When she spoke of seeing many man, Fritz found himself frowning. No, scolding her with his eyes. So she just whored herself out.

Maybe he was reading into it wrong. Maybe she did it so she wouldn't get hurt as much.

WAIT A FLYING FUCK!

His eyes flipped into confusion. Why... why was he even concerned with any of this stuff. It's not like he cared who she was with or how many. And yet, there he was, trying to justify her actions as if to ease his heart.

Fumbling backwards, he toppled over a cot and crashed right on his behind.

"Ta-ta-ta," he groaned as the sharp pain shot up his spine.

Wincing, he saw how he managed to mangle himself with the legs of the cot. The blanket that half-covered him certainly didn't help either.

What did she mean by 'none could hold a flame to you.' Was she really saying that out of all the men in the facility he was truly the...

No, no, no.

Fritz shook his head and the dazed look vanished. This was ridiculous. There was no way this woman was going to get him to bend. He refused such things time and time again, unless the mission called for it. Even so, he did it only to satisfy the mission and not for his own personal desire. Often he would have to suppress his gag reflect for he despised such things.

And yet, there he was, dumbfounded on the floor with a cot tipped over and a blanket on his head.

What kind of magic did she have, he wondered. And was it really safe to be left alone with this woman?

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 06:02 PM

Nyx giggled when the man stumbled backwards, when he tripped over the cot, blanket landing on his head that giggle grew into full on laughter. Her stomach began to hurt as the laughing was forced to die down from it. Wiping her eye, she brushed away any tears that had formed as looked at the male again. "I'm not going to bite," she said, the humor still in her tone as she walked up to the man.

She squatted in front of the cot, resting her elbow on one knee, her cheek resting on that hand as she reached towards the male with the other. Her fingers danced along the fringe that fell in front of his face, brushing it to the side while the blanket fell silently to the floor. She then pulled that arm back and set it up like the other one and just looked at the guy in silence.

After a little while, she rose her eyebrows and said, "I think you're the one that's tired." She then stood up making her way to the other side of the room. "That would make sense though, it is getting late after all." Righting one of the over turned cots, she then picked up a blanket, waving it to loosen the dirt that had collected on it. She then looked at all the others and said, "We'll have to fix this before we leave here tomorrow."

She then sat on the cot, pulling her long boots off and sliding under the old blanket. "Oh, um," she added recalling how he wasn't allowed to go anywhere. Brows furrowed she said, "You have to stay here with me, you know that, right? Well, don't leave, I guess?"

She then laid down, looking over at the male before saying, "Stay close, ok?" Without another word, her eyes slowly closed.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 06:21 PM

With Nyx moving closer to him, Fritz could feel his temperature rise. He could also hear his heartbeat--it was practically exploding.

Then, she moved her hand closer to him. The second that hand touched his fringe, he felt his heart stop. His mouth became dry and he seriously questioned his sexuality. He had never acted like this before. Why was he all flustered now. Women nor men phased him. He saw all genders as boring. There was nothing attractive or worth desiring about anyone.

Aleu was perhaps the only exception, but she was a rare species. And very charismatic. She could make even the darkest of men find the light. She got Rroy to laugh on so many occasions that it became a natural, relaxing sound.

Was this... was this how Rroy felt? Unlike he found Aleu, Rroy rejected all forms of love. Being the more handsome of the two, everyone threw themselves at the raven's feet. The raven would caustically reject each and every one of them. He claimed love was for the weak and he didn't have time to be weak.

Then he fell right into Aleu's arms. He put up a good facade but she broke the wall with just the faintest of pokes. He melted right into her and the two became an inseparable pair. Even their distance couldn't stop them from finding love in each other's gaze.

How long had he been holding his breath? He didn't even realize it until she wandered away.

The long exhale felt relieving. His chest no longer burned with a dull pain. His body relaxed and he actually felt a lot better. At least she wasn't going to try anything. He wasn't sure he could stop himself if she did demand his undivided attention.

Her hesitant comments drew a smile on his face. "Don't worry," he breathed. "I won't leave."

Pushing himself off the floor, he moved to the door Melik made and collapsed it. There was no point in having it up. If others wanted to sleep in cots, it was there right. Granted, he didn't think any would actually venture into the room--he was there after all.

Slowly, he turned all the tipped cots right side up. He also found a broom and cleaned away the mess he and Melik started.

Racking the back of his arm across his sweaty forehead, he looked over at the sleeping woman. She was exhausted and deserved her rest. He was ready to move to the wall to rest when he saw her body shudder.

Shamefully, he looked around the room. There were so many blankets and sheets. He should steal one for her but... if the others did come in, it wouldn't be fair to steal their warm.

A heavy sigh came with his defeated expression. It's not like this was anything new. He had done this time and time again. Only... it was usually with Melik.

The cot was short--too short. Didn't help that Nixie already took up a good chunk of it. Still, he didn't want to leave the woman to shudder alone.

Pulling her head into his chest, Fritz twisted his legs around hers. "Better," he questioned flatly, though expected no response. His body already started to chill--the sign that her body was absorbing his warmth.

Unable to sleep just yet, he held the woman close to his chest. It was strange. Despite being fearful of her moments ago, his heart showed no sign of lust now. Was it because this ritual had been done time and time again?

He was thankful nonetheless. At least he wouldn't have to worry about suffering a heart-attack tonight. Perhaps he was just too tired to actually let his mind fall back into that flustered state.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 07:27 PM

The fire must have died during the scuffle for soon the natural cold of the cave started to take over the warm air that had once filled it. Nyx could feel her body shiver from, though in her tired state, only pulled the blanket up further. The rocks bore no moisture which left the woman unable to heat herself that way.

But soon, a warmth started to fill her. She knew not the source, but the feeling was welcome and so close. Nuzzling deeper into it, the woman found her mind lulling back off into a peaceful slumber once again.

Eleanor could feel the male beside her shift; was he starting to wake as well now? "Stop moving," she whispered to him, her eyes falling to her lap. "If you wake them and they panic, he'll wake next."

Though, there was a part of her that wished the red head would move. Somehow during the night he had managed to not only wrap his arms around her, but his legs as well. The arm she had offered to him was pinned at an uncomfortable, upward angle

Eleanor's free arm was scratching the black flesh between the ear bone and brow bone on one of the twins. The two had decided to join Eleanor and Melik while they slept; one lay across the woman's legs, head pressed against her stomach while the other lay across Melik's legs, their head also against the woman's stomach.

On the other side of the room, the lower half of the door way was blocked by a massive figure. Its head was tucked as close to its body as those massive horns would allow; the breathing was slow and even as the creature still slept. "You don't want that one to wake with a start," she then whispered to the entangled male.

Back in the other room, Nyx started to stir. She was feeling much better after that sleep, far better than she had in a long time. She went to stretch, but she didn't seem to be able to pull her arms up. She couldn't back up either. What was going on?

The woman's aqua eyes snapped open to see something in front of her, a figure, one that didn't register as familiar to her. She inhaled sharply before an instinctive shriek came from her lips as she pushed as hard as she could off the figure, sending herself to the cold floor below.

Though being in a literal dog pile wasn't Eleanor's ideal way of waking up, she wasn't about to bother the Twins that had come to snuggle up with them. She was just about to close her eyes to just rest until they awoke on their own until a high pitched scream echoed across the walls.

Eleanor's eyes snapped open as quickly as the beast at the door got to his feet. On all fours, the creature was nearly as tall as the door and far to wide to fit through. His massive horns, at least three feet in length, clattered across the stone as he stood. The beast let loose a loud roar the echoed far worse than the scream had. It tried to fit through the doorway, his horns once again making a sickening smacking noise as they smacked smooth rock, only one horn actually getting through the door way.

It wasn't the time to let the Twins sleep anymore, not that they were, they had bounded up just as quick as their friend. Eleanor bolted up to her feet and towards the door, sliding under the creature's stomach with ease. "You might not want to stay in there with him," she called back to Melik as the Twins ran with the woman.

Once one the floor, the face of the man that held her finally focused and clicked in her mind. Unfortunately, that realization also came with a nearby deafening roar. Nyx jumped, covering her ears from the sudden loud noise.

People crowded around the door, though they looked confused. Then they parted to reveal the brunette, two three foot bony hounds at her side, sniffing and growling at any attempt of a threat.

"Nyx, what happened," Eleanor asked, her eyes wide, her voice worried as she looked at the woman. The look Nyx gave though? That sheepish smile was probably the worst thing she could have done. Eleanor's gaze hardened as she looked at the Twins. "Go calm your Brother," she told them and they seemed to happily trot off after the beast that was making an audible attempt to break down the wall; fortunately, the room was too small for him to get any sort of momentum or height to do so.

Eleanor then slumped down to a squat, her head resting in her hands as she shook it. The others started parting away as well, the excitment clearly over nothing.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:44 PM

He had literally just fallen asleep when the most deafening sound ripped into his ears. His hearing was superb so to take a scream head-on, well it was rather painful. The arm that once held Nixie on the cot was now housing his poor, ringing hers. He recoiled from the cot and found himself doubled over in pain.

This was the absolute worst!

But no, it had to get better. A growl had to follow as did wicked thrashing. Something was coming and that something wanted him dead, that much he assumed. He wouldn't even get to live one day without this woman getting him killed. To think, hours ago he was worried about possibly liking her. Well, after this little event, he was certain that was the worst idea possible. She would be the death of him, that much was absolutely certain.

Thankfully, Eleanor and the twins were the first to arrive. A bunch of shocked eyes poked into the room behind her, but quickly realized what had happened. Snickering, they wandered back to their slumber while Eleanor sent the kids to calm their raging brother.

Cringing again for he could still hear the scream in his skull, he twisted his agonized face toward Eleanor.

"Sorry about that," he stuttered. His eye twitched and his teeth grit together.

His head was in pain, more so the nape of it. It was tender around his special organ, which meant he wouldn't be able to control his powers too well. That being said, he did his best to keep his hands at his sides. If he accidentally pointed them the wrong way, a gust of wind might blow Eleanor into tomorrow!

With a restless sigh, he finally took a seat on one of the cots. It was best to be seated when his powers were flared to this extent.

"Don't suppose you have water,"
he said between clenched teeth. He forced his gaze on Nixie. She was the one of water. Surely she could produce him a cup. Really, anything at this point would help numb his headache.

Hanging his head between his knees, he sighed. "Had I known this was to be my fate, I would have just turned myself over to Janora or whatever her name was." Pinching the bridge of his nose, he tried to will the aches away. It was to no anvil though. He was definitely going to need to rest to get ride of this killer, massive headache.

Melik, the master of sleeping through anything, never woke. No matter how his body was shoved, pushed, and stepped on, he wouldn't waken. He was blessed with this uncanny ability to sleep through anything. Literally anything. Perhaps it was Rroy's doing. For a few years, Melik would cuddle beside Rroy. Rroy, unused to having a body that close, would inadvertently create pillars of ice around his sleeping form. Melik's body learned to naturally contort to avoid being skewered. It was a talent, really. Perhaps one he could and should boast about.

Granted, when morning rolled around, he would be most displeased to miss out on the events. Poking fun of Fritz for sleeping with someone would have been a fun thing to do!

Last edited by Xavirne; 01-21-2016 at 07:46 PM..

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 08:27 PM

Eleanor couldn't get mad at the male for what happened; he couldn't control how the woman was going to react. The brunette shook her head, a slow sigh coming out as she said, "Nyx isn't used to people being near her as she sleeps." This brought a pitiful look to the white haired woman as she moaned,

"That's because you never let me sleep with you."
Eleanor shot her a sharp look saying, "Because if I did that you wouldn't let me go on guard." That, Nyx couldn't argue about because they both knew it to be true; most if not all of the others would agree with that statement as well. Instead, the water woman sat there defeated until Fritz asked for a cup of water. The woman slowly raised her gaze to the brunette, eyes wide. "Uh, oh," she muttered.

"Really? What were you doing yesterday?" She then held a hand up, eyes closed as she added, "No, nevermind. I don't want to know." As she looked at the woman again she said, "Go get a cup of water and give it to Noah, tell her she's going on guard duty with your man here. You have to get water for everyone."

Without a word, Nyx slid out of the room to fetch the blonde and do as she was told. At this point, the roars and slams finally ceased echoing through the caves and Eleanor turned, leaving the room. She didn't go far, just resting her back against the outer side of the door way to make sure Nyx actually did as she was told.

A large looming shadow fell over the doorway and Eleanor seemed to be talking to it with the way she moved before pointing into the room where Fritz still was. The massive four-eyed man that Fritz had seen yesterday came walking in, the twins in tow, Melik in his arms. He stopped before the man, saying nothing for a moment as he held the sleeping male in his arms.

"He got kicked a little," the man's voice rumbled, a deep base sound. He then moved to the cot beside him, carefully setting the boy down. "Sorry," he then said, the word sounding more like a growl as he moved towards the door.

As he passed by, Noah crossed paths with him, dipping into the door way with a cup of water. She walked up to the teal haired male, holding it out to him with a smile. "Here you go," she said with a smile. "Sorry about the wait." She then took a seat on the cot on the other side of the male.

"If you need me, I'll be taking watch," Eleanor said poking her head in before leaving to take her position outside. Nyx was waiting for her, knowing that the woman planned on doing that.

Noah crossed her legs, the movement causing the metal cot to squeak. She rested her head in her hands as she watched the man, almost as though she were trying to figure him out. "So, you're an alien, huh?" She asked, her eyes narrowing quizzitively as she watched to see how he would react to it.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-21-2016, 08:47 PM

Yup. She was most definitely the female version of Melik. Knowing his, he felt his headache deepen. Would things ever start looking up.

Gaze shifting to the ceiling, he squinted his eyes. Rroy, if you're listening, I hope this proves my loyalty to you. You have no idea what it's like to be surrounded by idiots.

Oh really? He could hear a laugh echo in his brain. Because I could have sworn you were used to Nieko, Melik, and Varun doing moronic things.

They're different, Fritz chided internally. Though I suppose you've a point. I'll endure longer.

It was at that time that the other beast-man came in. In his arms was a sound asleep Melik. Fritz let out a dramatic sigh before rolling his eyes. His hand fanned out across his forehead. "Oi," he leisurely commented, "he hasn't changed a bit."

With the redhead's body now on the cot, Fritz shook his head again. "No need to worry; Melik knows the consequences of sleeping. The sand he welds also protects him. Afraid it'll take a lot more than sheer mass to kill him."

As the room cleared out, Melik's little body seemed to inch closer to the heat Fritz was giving off. As if nothing between them had changed, Fritz scooped Melik's head so that it now rested on his lap. Lightly, the taller male ran his fingers through those rusty red locks.

Using his other hand, he took the water from Noah and slowly drank it. "Thank you." He gave her a light bow.

The next words that rolled off her mouth caused Fritz to take a longer sip of water. He needed to collect his thoughts. How did he want to answer her?

"I am but one of a great many. Though,"
a look of sorrow came to his eyes, "my kind is dying. We were forced to move off world and seek out alternative means of survival." Collecting himself, his eyes held hers. "It seems you all look down upon yourself but at least your genetics haven't cursed you. My species is male-only. We've no real means of reproducing so we are forced to look to other species to bare the burden of helping us survive."

"Baka," Melik's eyes fluttered open. "Should you really be telling them all that?"

"They have a right to know. There's a reason those scientists had successes. I'm sure they stole DNA from other species. This planet is well aware of other kinds. Not every country knows of aliens, but the main powerhouses do."

"So that's how we were able to get our powers? They stole from other species?" Melik played along. For all he knew, Fritz could be onto something. It would explain why the IBI was involved.

"What they did was illegal. If the Spectre Corps learned of what they did...." His face paled. How did the Spectre Corps not know about this? If the IBI was here, didn't that mean the Spectres should know? They were the other main investigation agency and were bound by even less rules. Wouldn't it have made more sense to send the renegades out to kill off a facility?

"I have to speak to Eleanor."

Although Melik's face didn't show it, he knew what the teal-haired man was thinking. He was right to think it too. If IBI was there, other groups were likely to be there too. What were the odds that those hunters weren't just hunters--but other races from other civilizations.

Eleanor was prepared to go toe-to-toe with humans-turned-experiments. But what if she crossed paths with, hell, Nieko. She wouldn't stand a chance. Since before he was thirteen, Nieko had become a master of fire. Without even batting an eye, he could burn Eleanor to ash.

He didn't pause nor wait for an escort. Vanishing, his body quickly materialized behind Eleanor.

"We need to talk," his words were curt. "Alone."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-21-2016, 11:07 PM

Noah's eyes widened at what the male was telling her. So, he really was an alien! He had powers just like them too, well, not entirely, there were a few with similar abilities. But to her, this was amazing! Perhaps there were others like them out there! Melik spoke up after the male quieted, mentioning something about how their race was dying off.

The woman's eyes fell to the red headed male, there was a look in them, an 'ah ha' look, like her thoughts from earlier were confirmed. She wanted to laugh when he continued to try and play that he was really still one of the experiments. She simply listened as the two spoke, until Fritz fell silent saying he had to talk to Eleanor. Then, before she could stop him, he was gone.

Having started to stand, Noah sat back down. It wasn't like she was able to do anything to stop him and it was Eleanor he was going to see after all. If she were really mad, he would be back with his tail between his legs soon enough. The woman sat silent for a few seconds before her eyes rolled over to the other male. She leaned back in the cot, her hands gripping the cold metal bars that supported the fabric. "So," she started, her eyes facing the wall furthest from them. "You know any alien special that can devour demons?"

Noah let the question sink in for a moment before she looked down at the male, a smirk on her face.

Eleanor had just reached the mouth of the cave with Nyx, the twins and their massive brother. She shooed them off, being clear that Nyx was to return with enough water to fill the barrels she had snuck out here a couple weeks prior. The three hounds were long gone before the water woman was on her way.

Once silence settled in around her, the woman let out a sigh. A cold chill ran down her spine though; her body tensed as she rolled her eyes back to see the tall, teal haired male. She shot him a sideways glare as she slowly moved towards the darkest shadows the mouth of the cave made. "You're not supposed to be outside," she said as she leaned against the cold rock, her arms crossed under her chest.

Her legs crossed in a similar fashion as she looked back over at the male. "But we're alone. What do we need to talk about?" The irritation was clear in her voice, but it wasn't like she tried to hide it. After all, he shouldn't have been surprised after he went outside as he was instructed to not do.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2016, 12:18 AM

"I haven't been entirely honest with you." From the look in his eyes, it was evident that he was being sincere. "You and your friends need to be careful." His words were cold and stern. "Those you call hunters might not be as you believe." Knowing she missed his little spiel about being an alien, he decided to start from the beginning.

Draping his head over his face, he tried to organize his thoughts. He knew he wouldn't have much time to dump 25 years worth of knowledge on her, but he had to try.

"I'm a Valsozn. I am not from your planet. I have never been 'experimented' on. Your world is a lie. You are not alone. Aliens do exist. Everything you've ever heart of--dragons, mages, benders, unicorns--they're all real. Each hailing from different planets. Thousands of years ago, a council was formed. They create the laws that govern the galactic races. Each of race appoints a representative. The representatives work together to form peace throughout the known galaxies."

He paused to let her mind catch up on everything. When he thought enough seconds he passed, he continued on.

"As mentioned, I'm a Valsozn. My species is known for our ability to control the world around us--be it elements or forces such as light and darkness. There are other races out there that have similarities to your comrades. There are species made of stone. There are creatures called Unai which are hound-like dogs that chirp like birds. There are dragons that rule mighty kingdoms." He wanted to go on but knew now wasn't the time.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he sighed while shrugging his shoulders. He felt like all his blabbering was falling on deaf ears.

"Listen," his eyes snapped back to her. "You need to start letting me go out with the hunting party. I fear that these so-called hunters might not be just experiments turned pets. No, I fear far worse. I fear that there might be some other alien races at play here. The blood that runs through your veins, through your friend's veins, I am certain it is not something they made in a lab.

"A woman by the name of Aleu Black came to this planet to work on saving you and your friends. She was a Lypheion--a wolf-like humanoid creature with the powers of darkness. She was,"
his eyes shimmered with tears, "killed during the explosion. And I know for certain that she is the reason those other experiments escaped. She came here to let you know you're not alone. And that the blood that courses through your veins is not a curse but a blessing.

"We all serve a vital role in the universe. We no not what it is until we lay down on our death beds. But until that day happens, we fight to survive. We fight for our dreams."

There was sadness in his voice. "Aleu... she wanted to help you. She came here knowing how things could end up but did it anyway." His lips went taut.

"Your planet has an alliance with the Civitas, the main council planet of the United Galactic Forces." He felt like he was rambling but he needed her to understand where his fear stemmed from. "The Civitas only allows sanctioned aliens to visit here, namely Spectres and IBI Agents. I am a Spectre, a elite operative for the UGF. Aleu was an IBI Agent."

He let out a sigh before taking in more air.

"If the IBI came here, it means something shady was happening. The DNA you were spliced with, it's illegal. The UGF forbids gene-splicing. This means pirates or rogues of the Civitas smuggled in blood that they shouldn't have. If they were able to smuggle in blood, what else do you think they could have brought here?"

Fritz watched her eyes. What would she think. How would she react.

"Yes, if they could deliver blood, then they most certainly could smuggle in full-fledged aliens." His orbs narrowed. "Aliens who are fully capable of utilizing their powers to their full potential. You've only seen a fraction of what I can do so you know that danger everyone's in."

At this point, he wasn't sure if anything he was saying made any sense. Still, he had to hope that she could grasp bits and pieces of it.

"Please," he pleaded, "you cannot confine me to the cavern. Let me help you. Your twins, they can sense the bodily differences. Let me go with them. Let them tell me if they are different from you humans. If they are, I can take them out. If they are not," he smirked, "well I can still take them out."

That Valsozn pride got the best of him. "I'm a Spectre for a reason. You don't get this title and ability to travel the galaxy for being okay. No, you have to be the best of the best. And I know the best. I have spent the past 17-years training and traveling with one of the most powerful Spectres alive."

---------- Post added 01-21-2016 at 08:20 PM ----------

He tried not to laugh but failed miserably. Tears squeezed from his eyes and he pat them dry while regaining his composure.

"Uh, yeah." He tried not to get too excited but the devious grin on his face widened evermore. "He's called Reaper. He's," his eyes burned with a fire unlike anything Noah had seen before, "an inspiration. He's killed hundreds, no hundreds of thousands. He's an L7 Spectre. He's the highest they get. No laws bound him. He's free to do as he wishes whenever he pleases. If he wanted to implode this planet, he could. Would he-"

Melik's face went pale. He looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"Anyway," his usual cheery self returned, "Reaper is awesome. Scary, but awesome. If you ever meet him, just run. No, better yet, just surrender. He, uh," Melik pushed his lips together. "He has black hair and red eyes. I know what you're thinking, not that rare. But he doesn't have pupils. He's all iris. Taunting, scary, red soul-less eyes."

Flashing Noah a grin, he swung his feet happily beneath the cot. "Yup, yup. If he were here, you guys you never have to worry about anything again. He's the bestest. He's practically a god."

His hands slapped his face and he tugged his cheek muscles down. "And his voice." There was some dramatic flair to the way he said that. "It's perfection."

Nodding firmly, he hopped from the cot and skipped over to side beside Noah. "He's very cuddly too. I used to sleep next to him all the time. Well not all the time. Fritz usually but sometimes Fritz isn't around so I sleep next to Rroy. He's like a cooler, olde... younger brother!"

That's when it hit him.

Eyes widening, a sheepish grin formed on his face. "Heh... heh... heh. You know us kids. We have big, crazy imaginations." The jig was over. He was certain.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-22-2016, 01:30 AM

Eleanor rolled her eyes to look at the male as he started speaking to her; the look in his eyes stern and steady as he spoke. Starting off with admitting that he had essentially liked cause her to raise a brow, turning to rest her should on the cave wall, she watched him intently. So, he was warning her now? She slowly blinked, saying nothing as he fell silent, his eyes falling as he did so.

His next words brought a scowl to the woman's face; not from Earth? Who did he think he was fooling with that line? But, it was the words that came after that, that caught the woman off guard. They weren't alone. She could feel the hope of the truth behind those words get stuck in her throat. It was then that her gaze fell from the man and to the dark floor beneath her. The rest of what he said, about peace through the galaxies, that didn't stick as much as the thought that they each may have had a place that they could belong and not treated diffrently for what they had become.

As he started to talk again, he spoke more of what he was, some 'Valsozn' or whatever. He spoke of those that could be like them, dog-like creatures that chirrped like birds, dragons that-- Just like that Eleanor's eyes hardened; such things didn't exist. They were fairy tales, stories told to kids to grow their imagination, or in this case, make them feel less like the monsters they had become. The woman tore her gaze from the man, her back returning to the rock wall, her arms tightly crossed as her eyes blinked rapidly a few times, blinking away tears that weren't there.

She sucked on the insides of her cheeks; her mouth had started salivating at the sudden drop of heart as she realized this man was still lying to her. He kept talking though, wanting, no, needing to go out with the hunting parties. Eleanor lowered her head, her dark gaze casted to the forest beyond; the sun was just starting to rise.

So now what, now they weren't only monsters to their own race, but they were so much further from human and now closer to what, alien? Everything he said felt like a mockery to their group and it stung. She looked back to the man as he started to talk about some woman that came to save them. It was the pain in his eyes, a pain the woman could see and recall all too well from the day before. Many had been killed in that explosion, sure, but what were the odds that two people that obviously knew each other knew two different people there, women, that had been killed.

Eleanor couldn't pinpoint the swell of emotion that filled her. Was it anger? Sadness? Did she feel that Melik had lied to her as well. She bit her lower lip hard as she forced herself to look back to the woods as the man kept talking. Someone had come to save them, but she was killed; she could feel the pain of that loss and the anger towards that Facility only burned brighter.

The idea that they were monsters seemed to be confirmed; if what this guy said was true, and at that point, Eleanor found herself being drawn along by his words, they were indeed abominations. Not only that, but that meant that people broke laws far greater than she had thought to do this, but why? Did these aliens make it to their planet too? If they were as much of a cause to all this as the men that did this too them, she would see to it that they would all pay.

As he finished up, her eyes locked on him. There was a fire burning in those olive orbs and the urge to want to throw all of what he said back at him was gone. "You want to go out with the twins? Then you have a ways to go to earn my trust for that. Both of you have explaining to do."

Without another word, Eleanor made her way back into the tunnel of the cave. While she didn't tell the man to follow, she had figured that he would do as much. As they neared the main cavern, Reggie was making his way up, a concerned look on his face.

"Eleanor, what's wrong?" He asked, though all he received was silence and the burning look in her eyes. As the cavern opened up, everyone watched her, she stopped pointing towards a right side of the cave. "Reggie, wake the diggers, we're going deeper."

The man gave her a confused look and she just added, "And I want a tunnel that lead back to the warehouse." She shot the man a look and he simply nodded. "Yes, ma'am," he replied before peeling away from her and dipping into the darkness of one of the rooms.

Her eyes then fell to the rest of the group as as she then called out to them. "Clean this place up, get it organized. We're gonna be here a while." She then turned as the group started to stir, murmurs quietly passing through them. She made her way back to the room she had left Noah and Melik. She stepped in and to the side, letting the other male have room to enter as well.

Crossing her arms, she gave both men a stern look as she said, "Tell me everything."

A smile crossed Noah's face, so there was another with her talents! Well, at least the scary one. The way Melik spoke of him, he did seem powerful and terrifying. If she ever met him, she wasn't sure if she would want to run away. To be able to learn from him, oh, she would hope this 'Reaper' would agree to such a thing.

Melik was very excited about talking to him and not only did that reflect through the bright pink growing through the woman's hair, but she could also see it glowing in the male's heart. She laughed as he tried to play off his excitement for the man as childish imagination.

Resting her forehead against his, Noah took a slow breath. As her eyes slowly opened as she said, "Not imagination. It's truth." She slowly tilted her head to the side as she said, "You miss him. You've been with him for so long, but now you can't, you can't be with him for some reason." The woman's brow furrowed slightly as she said, "You feel like you hurt him somehow."

She then pulled back suddenly, her cheeks brightening as she quickly apologized. "I'm so sorry," she said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she pulled her gaze away from the male. "I can't help what I see, I shouldn't have said anything."

With brows knitted together she looked back at him to try to reaffirm him. "I won't tell anyone though, I promise."

It was then that Eleanor's words echoed through the cave as she actually started giving orders to the main group, for once. She then made her way towards there room.

Noah stood up, meeting the woman half way across the sleeping room. "Eleanor, what's wrong?" She asked, but Eleanor's reply wasn't for her. She looked between Fritz and Melik, her eyes widening as she quickly scrambled out of the room to assist the others; this was not a talk for her to be a part of.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2016, 01:47 PM

Inwardly, Fritz was tugging at his hair. She was REALLY insistent on him earning her trust. Was there no winning with this woman? Out of all his friends, he was by far the most trustworthy. He was bound by a code and that code forbid him from harming women or the innocent. Her rag-tag team of experiments certainly fit the bill, sans the men but they did nothing to provoke him thus far.

Then the words both crossed her lips. Ah, so she was fully aware of the fact that Melik was a seed planted by an outside force. Well, at least parts of his story got through to her.

Much to is dismay, she wandered off leaving Nixie and the beast creatures to their own fate. Cringing, Fritz slipped this eyes to the corners of the mountain. Sure enough, tangled in a web, he found what he needed.

"I need you to keep an eye on the kids and the woman with the white hair. If anything looks out of place, find me immediately."

Turning on his heels, he followed Eleanor into the cave. A few brows were raised at him for none remembered seeing him exit. So just how did he get outside with Eleanor? They figured it best not to ask for the look the olive eyed woman's face didn't look to be a questioning mood.

"Yeah," a blush clung to his cheeks. "I do miss him. And it has been a while since I've seen him. I'm also very worried about him." Brows knitting together, guilt overcame him. "I... I might ha--"

His confession was cut short when Eleanor stormed into the room. Noah took her leave, which caused Melik to squirm some. They were found out and from the look on Eleanor's face, she wasn't pleased.

"So," Melik rolled his eyes, "I'm really not an experiment. I mean, I was but I had my powers long before joining the facility. My friend and I went there to sort things out. She would send out weekly codes to her organization with the intel she gathered. I was to sit in those cold cells and collect information on how they went about handling us. Poorly, might I add." That part was more for Fritz's benefit. A scornful look grew on his face. "There's nothing you could have done. I did my best to endure it but there means were brutal. Day after day, I had to go through tests. They even tried to inject me with something--the very thing that turns you."

"Wait," Fritz fingers danced across his lips. "Tried?"

Scoffing, Melik flashed a wry grin. "Uh, duh. I wasn't about to mix my blood with something else. That's Arvin's thing." Turning to Eleanor, he made a quick tangent. "Arvin's a master of all things poison. Be it bio-toxins, venom, simple food poisoning, rare diseases--you name it. His body is extremely toxic to the point where he is considered radioactive. Kiss him without his consent, and that'll be your last. His breath is dripping with acid and his skin is caustic."

Fritz nodded, confirming Melik's statements.

"So anyway," Melik's skin tone shifted. It was no longer a sandy color. Now it was pale, almost like that of Fritz's. A pile of sand pooled beneath his feet and, in it, a bright red liquid could be seen. "I isolated each injections and kept them. I was hoping to pass them to Aleu but..."

"Pass them to Varun and Arvin." Fritz turned to Eleanor. "Varun's our medic." His eyes went back to Melik. "Get them to run tests. Perhaps they can figure out what DNA splicing went on."

"Wait," Melik's nose wrinkled, "splicing? Gene splicing? As in," his eyes went wide, "that would actually explain it. I couldn't figure out why the Intergalactic Bureau of Investigation was involved. But if there was foul play." He point a hand on his chin. "It would explain a lot of things."

"I agree. It's likely why some of these experiments mimic or share traits of other alien races."

Letting out a sigh, Melik's soft gaze met Eleanor's. "This would make a lot more sense if you could see what we're talking about." He cracked a grin. "Don't suppose Rroy wou--"

"Are you mad?" Fritz's voice cracked and gave way that clearly Melik was stumbling down a very dark path. "Rroy seeks to destroy all those involved in his fiancee's death. Why do you think I'm here? I'm the first wave--the initial scout. If I can't convince him with sound evidence that your new found friends aren't the enemy, he will come. He will come." Those last three words rang with a very sadistic undertone.

Melik was quiet and from the way he grabbed his face, the boy was completely out of the loop.

"I do agree with you though." He turned toward Eleanor, that same protective, enduring look in his eyes. He was really trying to win her over by being a respectable gentleman. "If you want proof, I can take you to the Civitas. We both can. A Spectre is always able to return to the main hub."

Nodding Melik bounded forward. "Yeah but we need our Spec-tool. I didn't get to keep mine as I was obviously acting undercover."

Tapping his arm lightly, an interface appeared. It was nothing large--maybe 3-inches wide and it wrapped completely around his arm. As it came alive, a holographic screen appeared. Written in a language foreign to all but the Spectres, were notes and missions that were available. He flicked the screen to the right and soon a map appeared.

"You want proof," Melik's grin had a devious look to it. "Let us show you our world." He smiled warmly at Eleanor. "Promise it won't hurt. Fritz it the master of warping. Though you may feel a bit dizzy."

Slowly, Fritz unfolded his hand before Eleanor. It was up to her. If she wanted to see the truth, she would grab that hand and trust that they weren't lying. But, of course, she could always reject the offer and call them both liars.

TwitchTumblrInstagram

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-22-2016, 05:05 PM

Eleanor's olive eyes bored into the male; so his fighting skills were simply from the luck of the draw back at the facility. Then again, that wasn't all that surprising with just how well he seemed to understand them for being such a late person brought in. Between him and one of the other new ones, the other girl that must have used her powers seemed to have the more common reaction to it.

She didn't need the male to tell her that treatment was poor there, but he probably knew that which meant that statement was meant for the other male, not herself. Her brows furrowed as she listened as Melik went on about how he wasn't going to let himself really be tested on, how he would be able to manage that? So many fought against it and nothing came of it.

His eyes then fell to her, he spoke of someone else, some Arvin guy. She rose her eyebrows at the male, not knowing what this exactly had to do with anything they were talking about at that point. It wasn't really telling her just what was going on. From the way the other male reacted, that seemed to make more sense to him than it did her. Eleanor wrote it off as something she didn't need to bother with as well.

As Melik continued, his skin looked like it just flooded away to the floor. Eleanor's eyes followed as the substance pooled on the floor; sand. As it spread out, a bright red liquid showed itself and Melik explained he had been saving the injections. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at the substance; it was only red, there was no black, no purple, no vibrant pink, just red. That shouldn't have surprised her though, everyone got something different, but that was still just one color to the three she could remember.

Then Fritz's words hit her; splicing. Her eyes locked on him as he spoke of getting it to someone else. Melik seemed to be shocked by the word and even though it was the same thing she had been told earlier, it was still difficult to grasp.As Frizta kept talking, Melik mentioning someone by the name of 'Rroy', Eleanor could feel her mind closing off to what they said.

Liars.

Her head echoed the word over and over again as she looked at the male. Liars. Betrayal. The words thrummed. He will come, the words seemed to stir something within her, though she knew nothing of this man.

The look Fritz gaver her was sincere, the woman could find nothing to hint that he was being anything but honest. The red head was soon joining; they said they would take her to Civitas, the main council planet.

They will kill them all.

Eleanor could feel her breathing flare at that thought. Too many questions came to that thought; she knew not where it came from, she knew not why it formed. Could she believe these two men that seemed to want to take her to this far off planet. To show her the truth? She had just met them, they had lied to her more times in the few hours she knew them than had been honest worth her. They knew an awful lot on what they were, on what the hunters could be.

The woman straightened her back, a commanding pride seeming to fill her as those darkened orbs looked at the two men.

"No."

The word was cold. It was cold and it was final.

"I refuse to leave those that trust me to run off with a couple of men that have done nothing by lie since they go there. You have no way to prove your honesty to me. You have no way to prove that everyone here will be safe."

The woman then turned and began to walk back towards the door. She paused, casting a glance back at the men. "I want you two gone. You are too much of a danger to everyone here. I want you gone and I don't want to ever see your faces again."

Just as the woman started to make her way out of the room again, a familiar white haired woman nearly ran into her.

"Oh! Eleanor, sorry," she said, partly winded. "Got water," she pointed back towards where they kept the barrels. "We should be--" The woman's aqua eyes focused on the woman; a worried look filled her eyes as she looked back at the men behind her. "Eleanor, what's going on?"

Eleanor's eyes locked on the woman, the look just as sharp when she were dealing with Melik and Fritz. "Get these two out of here," she told the woman, her tone just as cold and unwelcoming as before.

"Wait, what? Why?" Nyx questioned, her stance shifting slightly to one side.

"Why? Because they are no longer welcome here," Eleanor replied. "They will bring danger to everyone. We will fight this battle and they will not be able to spring anymore surprises on us."

Nyx laughed, though the sound was more worried and confused than it was filled with humor. "What are you talking about Eleanor? What surprises?"

"Just get rid of then Nixie."

As Eleanor tried to walk by the woman, Nyx caught her arm, a concerned look on her face.

"Eleanor, you're not making any sense."

The brunette only replied with a harsh look that seemed to worry the other. "Eleanor, don't do this. You'll regret it later."

It was then that the shorter woman turned to face the other head on. "If you think I will regret this decision so much then you can go with them." Without another word, the woman left, disappearing into the darkness of tunnels where the others were working away.

Nyx stood there, shocked and breathless as the woman walked away. Fritz told her to protect Eleanor's goal, but how did it turn out like this? She couldn't figure it out; Melik had done nothing but help and Fritz, she couldn't see anything bad in him. Turning, she cast that worried face to the two men. Shaking her head slowly she asked, "What's going on?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2016, 07:39 PM

Melik's world shattered when Eleanor coldly declined the invitation. She chipped at it even more when she so boldly asked them to leave. So what if he had lied? Had he not proved his worth?! Had he not been there, she would be dead. And this was the thanks he got? How could she even justify this? What was her fear? What caused her to-

Fritz's soft hand cupped his cheek. His mind pulled from its rage and found peace within that tranquil cyan gaze.

"She didn't-"

"Why would she? We've lied too many times. We haven't earned her trust."

"But Rroy wasn't this difficult! And he's a hell of a lot worse than she!"

"Rroy had his eyes opened, Melik. He knew exactly what he wanted. And he wasn't scared to face it. He walked willingly into the darkness and came out a monster. He did what was necessary to protect us and to advance his goals. He's never lost sight of it. Eleanor," he paid Nyx no attention, "she's afraid. She can't see straight. We've blindsided her and wounded her pride. Their pride. They thought themselves freaks. In reality, they are far from it. We're all unique. We all serve a purpose. If she wants to live in her precious little fragil world, let her."

Melik stepped away with disbelief. Was Fritz... was he really telling him to abandon these innocent people.

"You've..." he stumbled over his words. "You've changed." His body crashed into a cot and he struggled to distance himself from Fritz. "Rroy... he's... he's tainted you. You... you made a promise to protect the weak. The lost. The forgotten."

Shaking his head, Fritz shrugged Melik off. "Think as you wish. I know when I'm not wanted."

Eyes falling on Nixie, he gave her the deepest of sympathy. "I am sorry I brought this upon you." Stepping forward, he had every intention of holding her in an long embrace. Only, he reached her shrieking from hours ago. She... she didn't trust him. There was no way he could say goodbye.

"Grab your stuff, Melik. We're leaving."

Orange eyes on the dirt below, he nodded silently. "Are we joining up with Arvin?"

"Yes. We'll finish what you started. We'll set fire to those who destroyed the pure of heart."

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-22-2016, 07:51 PM

Nyx's eyes fell from Melik to Fritz as they spoke. They had said something to Eleanor, she had no idea what it was but it shook the woman. Neither male seemed to acknowledge her, not right away at least. They talked amongst themselves and left the white haired woman grasping at straws.

Melik didn't like the words coming from the man, which brought forth a further concern in Nyx. When his eyes finally fell to her, he apologized. He stepped towards her, she didn't move, just watched him, so lost in what was going on.

He seemed to stop though, something flashed across his eyes and soon it seemed like he hadn't even spoken to her in the first place. He called Melik to go with him and when the red head complied, asking more stuff she had no idea about, Nyx felt invisible.

First Eleanor lashed out at her, for reasons she didn't understand. She sent them away, but why? Now, now they seemed to act as though she wasn't there. It felt as though one door was closing around her after another. She wouldn't let it though, as that door started to close, Nyx stepped towards the tall teal haired man, she grabbed his arm.

"Fritz, don't go," she pleaded, her eyes seeming to wave like a lonely pond disturbed by the wind. "Eleanor will regret this, I she will. Let me help, please."

She worried her lip slightly, taking in a slow breath before saying, "You said I should be like you. Protect someone's dream. I can't protect her dream without you."