serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 01-10-2014, 08:13 PM

Welcome!

Normally I don't follow what most people are doing, but i thought this was a cute idea. Especially since this world is full of so many bad things, it's good for everyone to sit back and really think about the good things that are happening in their lives right now. Or for some people to look at what other people are doing and to feel happy for them even when their own life isn't going too well.

About me

I'm 26, my birthday is 19.Oct. I am a "crazy" cat lady. I am currently a candidate for my Master's in Library and Information Studies. I would like to be a librarian, specifically a reference/research/subject librarian. To be honest if I do something like that I would like to be a subject librarian in the social sciences. I am currently doing online courses with the University at Buffalo. I have my bachelor's degree in Political Science and I focused on Comparative politics- European Union and Finnish social policies. I live in a small town about 30 minutes outside of Rochester NY. My life is surrounded by cats. I live with my dad and stepmother and we have 2 cats (a father, son pair). My actual baby boy is an orange and white male cat who will be 17 in April and has Feline Diabetes (add a picture of my cat here). He lives with my mom since the landlord for where I live would only like it if we have 2 cats. I am engaged to the man I have been dating since Sept 2006. We finally decided to actually make it an official engagement back in May. I have 2 nephews and one niece (my brother as a son and a daughter, my fiancé's brother has one son)

Did not mean to be so long winded. ^^"
Now I will allow comments because I do like that idea for people to make nice comments.

since I am starting this late, I will probably just make a post below this that is a little summary of the last week :D

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 01-15-2014, 03:45 AM

ooops... i never came back to make a post. Well, here is my post for now the first 2 weeks of January.
First week: Getting to spend NYE and New Years with the fiancé, ate not so good for you food, but had a blast watching anime together.
On New Year's day, our 4mo old nephew smiled at me while he was being held by my mother-in-law. He's so freaking cute. And it's so awesome how much he is growing so quickly considering he was a few weeks premature and only weighed slightly around 4lbs when he was born.
the weekend of the 5th, getting to see my fiancé's mom's family for the annual holiday gathering and enjoying company of the family. Also getting to see our little nephew as always.

The second week of Jan: During the week not so much really happens. Mainly been enjoying my break and relaxing before having to go through school again for the Spring.
This past weekend was awesome spending time with my fiancé and our friends. Also getting to see a friend of ours we haven't seen in a year or so. So, it was awesome catching up with him again.

January has also so far been a month of testing me with the whole school thing. I still need to register for class and somehow take care of stuff for my financial aid stuff. It's like my school is trying to push me down or kick me out. Yes I get it, I have a couple of failed grades coming up soon, but I still am in Good Academic Standing according to my program. I don't get it with financial aid. I guess the good thing out of it is that it wasn't like I just sat around and did nothing, I was dealing with some personal stuff that impacted my ability to focus and get stuff done. Maybe it'll work out?

noirist
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-16-2014, 04:58 PM

You sound like a busy bee, indeed! :) What animes have you been enjoying?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-17-2014, 09:16 AM

You do seem like a busy person