Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-20-2007, 11:13 PM

Anything x-men except for x-calibar, and eXiles.

DreamEmpress
*^_^*

Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 AM

The League of Extraordinary Gentleman
The Crow
V for Vendetta
Spawn
Fable (Recent Favorite)
X-Men
Batman (Especially Frank Millers Work)
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter (Good new one)
The Sandman
Nevermore

Pretty much anything from Image, Vertigo and sometimes DC and Marvel.

unloved_prinzes
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to unloved_prinzes

Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 AM

Archie Comics.. I just love them.

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 AM

My favorite comics are Astonishing X-Men and birds of Prey.

I also like New X-Men and Wonder Woman. I'm pretty excited about Gail Simone writing on Wonder Woman now, I loved what she did o the Birds of Prey.

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 11-08-2007, 12:49 AM

i'd have to be cliche and say Batman and X-men xD

sorry but, that's what i was introduced to as a kid, the first thing i saw of batman was the movie, which then turned into reading the comics. once the x-men cartoon show started airing, i started reading those as well.

but i mostly go for graphic novels rather than comics, for instance anything by frank miller, especially the dark knight returns, one of my favorites. also, anything by daniel clowes, ghostworld was amazing.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2007, 02:38 AM

i need to sell some of my comics to get more

Tarot Witch of the Black Rose
3 Kittens
JTHM
Squee
Nitemare's and Fairytales
Batman
Robin
X-Men
Sentinel
Runaways (recommended: NEED to get the second series)
Namor (recommended: ah so great, wish there was more)
Catwoman
Grimm Fairy Tales Comics
GIRLS
Banzai Girl
Spyboy

i also just collect a bunch at random lol

Khaleesi

Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM

I'm realy into the Top Cow comics like Darkness and Witchblade or any comics that are related to those. I like the Aspen comics from Michael Turner as well and Soulfire.

EpoxyObsession
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 AM

There are a couple of good webcomics out there (including that weird dinosaur comic, the name of which I cannot recall), but my favorite by far is Cyanide and Happiness. Offensive, full of non sequitors, and sometimes downright baffling, it is still one of the funniest things I've ever read. In fact, I think its humor is derived mostly from the fact that it pokes fun at things no one else would dare to. The random deadpan comics only add to the eerie postmodern feel of the comics.

Have you ever seen Cyanide and Happiness cartoons? Which ones are your favorites? Where did you first hear about them or when did you first see them?

Examples of Cyanide and Happiness cartoons (ther's not my absolute favorites but they will do):

Do you think those are funny? I think they are. Awful, but funny. Maybe my sense of humor is a little twisted, though. O_o

maxiekun
*^_^*

Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 AM

I love Cyanide and Happiness. It's usually a morbid sense of humor, but the creator is a genius non-the-less.

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 AM

I LOVE C&H. I love the black humor - it's a lovely break from the politcally correct world we live in. I love how they EMBRACE the fact that you sometimes have to be offensive and vulgar to be funny. Too few people realize that in our society now...I mean, some people are getting pissy over Santa Claus saying "Ho ho ho!" for Agate's sake! For that reason, even the things that hit me in places that make me NAUSEOUS don't offend me. C&H uses the type of black humor that this uptight world needs.

I love Seizure Man. XD And this comes from someone who has had a seizure before.

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 AM

I like the very sweet original ones with good art.. umm. Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

You might wanna go to the comic section or request it to be moved there >_<''

I do love web comics though ^^

Kiss
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-03-2008, 07:09 AM

I like xkcd.

Lots of nerd/math jokes. I love it when you talk mathy to me. <3

My friend has a webcomic going on too, called Penny Copper. Read it. <3

EpoxyObsession
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Phantom
I LOVE C&H. I love the black humor - it's a lovely break from the politcally correct world we live in. I love how they EMBRACE the fact that you sometimes have to be offensive and vulgar to be funny. Too few people realize that in our society now...I mean, some people are getting pissy over Santa Claus saying "Ho ho ho!" for Agate's sake! For that reason, even the things that hit me in places that make me NAUSEOUS don't offend me. C&H uses the type of black humor that this uptight world needs.

I love Seizure Man. XD And this comes from someone who has had a seizure before.

I totally agree. I'm liberal as hell and totally support campaigns that ask people in the public sphere to choose their language wisely, but that kind of thing is ridiculous.

The other day I was reading about a little kindergartener who got expelled for pinching a classmate's butt. I'm all about ending sexual harassment, but I'm pretty sure five-year-olds don't know what sex is, much less what sexual harassment is! They just should have explained that it wasn't nice and he should keep his hands to himself, and then maybe put him on timeout. Expulsion is so drastic!

And then you have the people who think the word n***** is the root of all evil, or that f** is the root of all heterosexism. I think it's pretty obvious that when racists use the n-word or heterosexists use the three-lettered f-word, it's just an expression of a prejudice that was already there. I mean, they're not nice words and you probably shouldn't use them, but context it key. For instance, the word "furf**" doesn't really invoke any of the hatred of gays that that word does on its own, and thus shouldn't be treated that way.

Actually, if I wasn't afraid it was against the TOS, I would probably spell those words out, because I don't see a difference between using stars and the actual letters. But. Better to play it safe, since I'm new here.

Puchelot

Old 01-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Runaways
Fables
Danger Girl
Ms. Marvel (revised edition)
She-Hulk

Scribble Me Orange
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-13-2008, 02:56 AM

Cyanide and Happiness is one of my favorite webcomics, but I also love VG Cats. Some of them..just..wow. xD They're so hilarious.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-13-2008, 02:59 AM

My favorite web comic for a while was
Something Poitive

-Shouldn't this be in the books, comic subforum?

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-13-2008, 03:01 AM

Haha, Cyanide and Happiness can be funny.

I am a big fan of MANY webcomics.

Questionable Content, Octopus Pie and MegaTokyo are my favorites.

Kiss - xkcd is great too. :3

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 01-13-2008, 04:17 AM

I completely adore webcomics. I have so many regular ones that I check.

My favorite, and pretty much the first webcomic I got into, is Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire. I enjoy the story line, the characters and the artwork. Not only that, but the guy who does the comic is consistent in keeping up with it (which is a super plus with me)

Some comics I'd recommend:
Ctrl+Alt+Del ~ more so for those remotely interested in gaming. I find the characters amusing (though I haven't been keeping up with it recently).

Questionable Content ~ Definitely great for those who like some mockery and random references in their lives.

-shameless plug- I have a friend who has a pretty good webcomic too. It's called Anachronism and it's on drunkduck.com.

About other previously mentioned comics: Cyanide and Happiness is amusing but not story line based (which is what I personally prefer). I use to read something Positive a while ago... But I stopped reading it... It may have been a result of the comic's inconsistency for a while...

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-13-2008, 04:20 AM

I'm a big fan of the strip Sinfest, the arts really good and I like the artist's social commentary. I'm also a really big fan of a strip called Girl Genius cause I love the genre.

Teacup Rabbit
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teacup Rabbit

Old 01-13-2008, 04:24 AM

I love Devil's Panties and Questionable Content, along with the recently added favorite, Girls with Slingshots. Web comics are love!

Caroline
stay gold

Old 01-13-2008, 11:08 AM

A softer world is so good. <3 It's absolutely beautiful; I have been reading it close to since it started.

Animals Have Problems Too is hilarious and adorable.

My friend recently made a webcomic, We Can Draw Birds. I am in love, haha.

Viola
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-13-2008, 11:13 AM

Ah, gotta love those little comics, the characters are so cute~!

Okiama
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 PM

I love those! Haha, I check it like 3-4 times a week.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 PM

I love Cyanide and Happiness, too, but I used to look at some really hilarious webcomics back in the day, I can't even remember what they were called -- something "Perry Bible Comics" or what not. Similar to the frankness of Cyanide and Happiness, but with a Bible twist to it.

VG Cats, obviously, is still probably my favorite, though. I check that place at least three times a week. XD;

Great stuff, great stuff.

NoirRaven
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to NoirRaven

Old 02-27-2008, 08:19 AM

Only one. LOBO! :twisted: I used to like Xmen, Wolverine, Spiderman but not only could I not afford to buy the next comic(s), I soon realized that they all ended the same. Very rarely does a character die and stay dead.

Lobo on the other hand is always new, refreshing and different yet stays the same... You'll have to read to understand.