Artemis de Grace
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 AM

This is a private role play between myself and AvaBeth93 which means she and are are the only ones permitted to post here unless stated otherwise. If you stumble in and like what you read feel free to bookmark us and read along :).

+:Opening Post:+

The midnight was cold and wet against his bare skin, the air a throat cutting sharpness due to the late autumn chill. Staring out at the skyline before him, the man sat unaffected by the freezing mist that clung to tips of short cut obsidian and seemed to cling to his leather overcoat, perhaps even if he had been mortal the biting cold would have been dismissed. His thoughts carried him to other times, other centuries, as the vampire thought of the lives he had lived the many things he had seen. In all the time he had called this city his home, generations of lifetimes, he had never been quite as lonely as he felt now. Never in all the lifetimes he had lived had one singular measly human woman made him feel as if, only for a moment, he could be the monster he had become and still possess a fraction of the humanity he had long since thought died with his mortal self so long ago.

Lids fell over irises as gray and pure as the first spring rain as he inhaled deeply, needlessly, and exhaled; how could he have been so foolish? How could he have simply abandon her? And when she had needed him the most. Elegant pianist's fingers combed their way through his hair as he rose to his feet, dwelling on the past did him no good, one of many lessons she had taught him. The vampire couldn't help the smile that found its way to his lips, she had been the only one to teach him anything of true value, and through her teachings the thoughts that lingered in the very depths of his mind became concrete absolution giving birth to a new purpose: Vengeance.

My dear.” He whispered to the howling wind that swallowed his words into silence, “you expect so much more of me, this I know, but those that took you from me will know no pain like that in which I will infect. They will understand what it truly means to lose everything, will truly understand what it means to die with no means of ending their misery. They will truly understand what suffering your loss has brought upon me, a unique kind of misery only they could cause.” Turning, he opened the door that lead from the bell tower to the chapel below him, “My love, I can only pray in time that you forgive me.” And with that he disappeared into the darkness, leaving no evidence of his presence behind.

AvaBeth93
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 AM

She sat curled up on her cot reading one of the many books in her collection. She couldn't really call it her collection though, as it belonged to the public library, which was her current home. A single tear fell onto the page she was attempting to focus on. "Oh! This is so frustrating, why did I ever have to meet you!" She threw her book at the wall and instantly regretted it. She knew that if it was to damaged she would have to buy another copy, and with her measly pay checks she would rather be spending it on food and saving for a place. The head librarian would only let her stay in the back room for so long.

She pulled her blond hair down from the bun that she had, had it up in all day and started brushing it. Her mind went to Julian and his chocolate brown hair and his eyes that were the color of burnt almonds. His laugh had always made her smile, but now she would only have the memory of it. It was hard to believe that he had been gone for six months now. The people that had taken her first true love from her had claimed to be researchers. They had wanted her to participate in an experiment and she had agreed. When she told Julian about it however, he had sent her on a bus to see her mother in Canada, and when she came back his body had been in her apartment. Someone had set her apartment on fire with him in it, and everything that had ever been important to her was gone. With her small pay checks she was unable to afford insurance, so she hadn't even received any money to replace everything. Though most were original items and irreplaceable, much like Julian. She didn't know if she could ever love someone again.

A few more silent tears slid down her face as she stopped brushing her hair and grabbed her wallet. Inside was the letter she had found in Julian's pocket when she had found him. It had somehow escaped being burned. She couldn't bring herself to read it again just yet, so she put it back in her wallet and turned out the light in her room. She crawled under the covers and closed her eyes, hoping to fall into a deep sleep with no dreams, she had a lot of work to catch up on tomorrow before her co-workers came back on Monday.

She felt so betrayed by him. Julian had sent her away to keep her alive, even though he knew he would die. She dreamt of the last time she'd seen him alive, and like always the dream ended with her finding his dead body and the note that he had left her:

'My dearest Arianna, one day I hope you will be able to forgive me for this. I know you feel as though I have betrayed you, but I have lived a long life that wasn't complete before I met you. I had never felt love for anyone, and certainly never imagined that I would be able to love a human. You brought a joy to my life that I didn't know was possible, and for that I thank you. But I cannot let you die, you have so much more life ahead of you. It seemed only fitting to send you away so that there was no way you would be in the apartment when they came. I don't know exactly who they are, just that they don't like humans and vampires being together. Normally they kill the human, but I hope in my death that they leave you alone. Please remember I love you.
Julian'

Last edited by AvaBeth93; 10-15-2012 at 06:28 AM..