View Poll Results: Which banner contestant do you like most?
Cerenity 3 27.27%
Ame Za Rain 3 27.27%
Tainted Innocence 2 18.18%
dragoness129 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 PM

yeah, keep a bottle of water with you at all time.
just try to get into the habit of,
once sip of soda and one sip of water afterwards.
good luck at the dentist.
i have such a phobia of them.
:ninja:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2012, 12:40 AM

That is a good idea.

I never had a phobia with dentists until my last filling that had so many problems. Now I'm paranoid!

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:11 AM

*licks the thread and then falls asleep on it* -_-zZ So tired... :drool: My hubby has spent the entire weekend trying to replace the clutch on our car and I have been his erstwhile helper. I've got cut and scratches and pulled muscles and he's in even worse shape....and the stupid thing still isn't done.

We have to tackle it again in the morning. Prayers and good wishes for a quick and easy finish to this heinous project are most appreciated. We've got the thing almost put back together and it is thwarting us horribly. We finally gave up because my husband could no longer lift the transmission to maneuver it and I certainly don't have the strength for that kind of heavy lifting. His muscles were so tired he couldn't even get up from the ground for a few minutes after we got the thing supported for the night...when he tried he almost did a face plant. Thankfully he had only made it to his knees so he didn't hurt himself. Poor baby. My daddy helped out some earlier but he pulled a muscle and had to stop trying to help. We may need to call my brother in law and see if he can come out and help tomorrow after church. I don't know what else to do at this point.

So after leaving straight from work on Friday to drive up here to my parents' house, getting here around eight and then working on taking the car apart until almost one AM....then getting up and working on it all day, we still have to reattach the transmission (if we can ever get it back in place) and then attach a bunch of other bits we had to disconnect to get the thing off in the first place.

It wasn't a total bad day though...while the menfolk ran to the store for some parts I managed to run off with my momma to the local Sally's (that's what we call the Salvation Army thrift store in my family). Found some really cool stuff for cheap...a really nice expensive purse for eight bucks, a slow cooker in really good condition for six bucks and some shirts and books and stuff. Good fun for not a lot of money. ^_^ I love thrift stores!

Then we celebrated my hubby's upcoming birthday with a red velvet cake (My momma makes the best cakes in the world :drool: ) and he got a couple little gifties. ^_^

So not a super terrible weekend but still not a lot of fun either.

Anywho, that is what is up with me. I'm just praying we can get the thing back together quickly tomorrow without further injury to anyone involved. O_o'

I hope everyone is doing well. We are hoping to get the internet up and running again with my next paycheck....hopefully. O_o' Right now I'm just too tired to do anything much. The screen keeps blurring on me. >_< I will talk to ya'll later. *huggles*

Oh! And sorry to hear about your dental woes Zig. I will be praying everything goes smoothly for you. *huggles* Later folks!

:sleep: :drool:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-11-2012, 04:26 PM

Bleh, car troubles are the worst. I hope you guys can tackle the rest tomorrow and get your car up and running again.

*HUGS* The dental problems seem less important now that I have a job interview coming up Tuesday. I've been spending most of my time concentrating on getting ready for that so that leaves less time to worry about the fillings. I'm sure the dentist knows what he's doing, I just have a huge phobia of those drills since the last time I went and didn't take the Novocaine shot. My root got all inflamed and I had issues with it for about a month afterwards.... V_V This is a different guy though so hopefully he will do better.

Saravi Boo

Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 PM

We have the car all reassembled now but we need to bleed the air out of the system and can't figure out how to do it. This has been a huge exercise in frustration. :headdesk: The designer of the 2006 Ford Mustang GT should be flogged for being an idiot. All the bolts require different size sockets and different styles and different freaking tools. Some are so hard to get to that I was the only one with arms thin enough to reach them and I had to injure myself to manage it. And now we can't even find the freaking bleeder valve to finish the darn project because apparently (according to internet sources since our repair manual doesn't seem to think we need to know where these things are to use them) it is up under the car somewhere and was designed to be used during the car's assembly and then never messed with again. Freaking stupid! I'm so aggravated. We are so close to being done....then we have to shower and drive almost three hours home so I can go to work in the morning. >_<'

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 AM

Aw, I hope you've found it by now.

Saravi Boo

Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 AM

Yeah, we found out there wasn't one. :headdesk: But we got the car going and it seems to be working really well. So YAY! ^_^

*huggles the thread* So we are now all set to go home, which we have decided to do tomorrow morning. We have to leave here at about five thirty so I can get to work on time at nine. ^_^' Still better than the alternative of driving home this llate and then having to empty the car, shower, etcetera. This way we get to relax tonight, get cleaned up, load the car, have a good night sleep and start fresh in the morning (plus this way my hubby gets to unload the car while I'm at work). ^_^

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 AM

I'm glad it's working again. Have a relaxing night and good luck getting everything done tomorrow morning. I'm off to practice more interview questions, goodnight!

Saravi Boo

Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 AM

Night! I'm off to bed for a couple hours sleep before we have to leave. ^_^' *huggles* Talk to you folks later!

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 PM

*rolls in*

Is it cool if I join you? C: I'm looking for more places to post, and I ended up in the charity forum. :yes:

*sings Champagne Supernova alone in the corner*

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 PM

Hello, Charmless. How are you today?

Sorry to hear about your car, Boo. Sounds like it was a lot of work. I hope it's running better now.

What is/was the job interview for Zig? I hope it went/will go well.

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 PM

Hey, Estrella. C: I'm doing pretty well today thanks. Had a pretty quiet day, even with going to college. How're you doing?

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-17-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrella View Post
Hello, Charmless. How are you today?

Sorry to hear about your car, Boo. Sounds like it was a lot of work. I hope it's running better now.

What is/was the job interview for Zig? I hope it went/will go well.
*duct tapes self to Estrella* How are you doing?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 AM

Broseph:

OMG! Guess what guys?! I got the job! *Squees*

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 03-17-2012, 03:01 AM

Congrats!!!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-17-2012, 03:47 AM

Thanks Liz!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 03-17-2012, 03:52 AM

What job is it? Do you think you'll like it?

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-17-2012, 07:11 AM

OH MY GOSH!!! WAY TO GO ZIG!!! THAT IS GREAT!! :squee:

----------

Also, Hi again Liz! (just said hi in Woody's round up a moment ago :lol:)

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 PM

*slinks in*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-17-2012, 03:47 PM

I'll be working as a bilingual office assistant/social media marketing person. I think it will be fun to work with other French-speaking people and the pay is good. It's just going to be a long commute into NYC every day. >_<

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 03-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Congratulations, Zig. (: How far out of New York are you?

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 03-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
OH MY GOSH!!! WAY TO GO ZIG!!! THAT IS GREAT!! :squee:

----------

Also, Hi again Liz! (just said hi in Woody's round up a moment ago :lol:)
Stalker! *smacks with purse* =O
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I'll be working as a bilingual office assistant/social media marketing person. I think it will be fun to work with other French-speaking people and the pay is good. It's just going to be a long commute into NYC every day. >_<
Nice. I'm sure you might grow to love the commute though. Maybe it will be fairly quiet and you'll be able to relax.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 AM

Mondays will be annoying because there's a transfer but the other days will be a bit easier because there's a direct train. It's not ever really a relaxing ride though with school kids being pretty loud in the morning and adults having long conversations on their cell phones. And then there's the part of getting on the train to come home, it's always so crowded the you almost have to run to the right track as soon as it's announced so you can actually get a seat. I also plagued by motion sickness so I can't really read or do much of anything besides listen to music while I'm riding. I'm also a very light sleeper so napping is pretty much out of the question too. V_V

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 AM

Congrats, zig. :)

Hi Liz!! *squishes*

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM

*Sneaks in*

How's everyone's evening going. >.<;;