View Poll Results: Which banner contestant do you like most?
Cerenity 3 27.27%
Ame Za Rain 3 27.27%
Tainted Innocence 2 18.18%
dragoness129 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 PM

The car runs great....unfortunately it is in the shop for repairs. We got rear ended on our way home from my parents house on monday. Three days of frustration and as soon we got it put back together we get smacked into by an SUV. Most upsettig. Thankfully everyone is okay. The shop estimates the repairs will cost about seven thousnd dollars. Thank God for full coverage insurance. Unfortunately we will have to pay our five hundred dollar deductible if our insurance has to pay for the repairs. The other guys insurance is stilldeciding whether he was at fault or not.

On a good note hubby and I made it to church this morning for the first time in way too long. We found a church that is only a few minutes from our house and tried it out. It seems like it may be a good fit for us.

Congrats on the new job Zig! hope it is going well. ^_^ *huggles*

And that completes my update for the week. We are hoping toget our interet reconnected soon. I am so tired of using this thing most nights I simply do not have th patience to mess with it. Hence my gaps in posting.

Last edited by Saravi Boo; 03-18-2012 at 11:13 PM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-20-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress View Post
Stalker! *smacks with purse* =O

Nice. I'm sure you might grow to love the commute though. Maybe it will be fairly quiet and you'll be able to relax.
:gonk: I'm getting beat up in every thread I jump into tonight! :cry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Mondays will be annoying because there's a transfer but the other days will be a bit easier because there's a direct train. It's not ever really a relaxing ride though with school kids being pretty loud in the morning and adults having long conversations on their cell phones. And then there's the part of getting on the train to come home, it's always so crowded the you almost have to run to the right track as soon as it's announced so you can actually get a seat. I also plagued by motion sickness so I can't really read or do much of anything besides listen to music while I'm riding. I'm also a very light sleeper so napping is pretty much out of the question too. V_V
Nevermind what I said in my Visitor Message to you about reading on the train then :| That just sounds like an altogether unpleasant ride :no: Surely there is something good about it!

Boo - Aw man that sucks! Reminds me of when I hit a deer with my car got it fixed, then not 2 weeks later it gets totaled when a girl turned left into the passenger side of my car while I was passing her >.<! I hope the other guys insurance decides soon! It took a month for the girls insurance company to finally make a decision :/ I hope it all goes well!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

It's a bit better during the off peak hours since it's less crowded then but unfortunately I'll be riding peak both ways. I bought my monthly pass last night, it was $334. That's more than I make now in two weeks! Fortunately I should make it up with my first paycheck at my new job. My fiance recommended trying audio books. I tried listening to one once but didn't really like the speaker so I gave up on it almost right away. I'm sure if I get bored enough I'll give it another go. I think I still have some French audio books from the library saved on my computer actually...

Saravi Boo

Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM

^_^ Work internet has color. ^_^ I brought my netbook to work and I am on lunch. For the next few minutes anyway. I was trying to get signed up for insurance and such but I don't have all the info they ask for so I have to get that together and try it again tomorrow. Still, it was an excuse to hook my netbook up to decent internet which I should be able to use at lunchtime whenever I want. ^_^ So yay!

Still no word from the insurance peoples. O_o' But then again I can't have my phone within earshot right now because there are corporate minions crawling all over the school rearranging things to get us ready for scales (rating scales for daycare centers). It is a little nerve-wracking having random people pop in and take our shelves/toys/carpets/whatever they decide must go elsewhere. O_O' We've lost almost all our playground equipment and half our indoor toys as well. Two year olds are hard on stuff and anything damaged was thrown out. I wish they would have donated the stuff to goodwill or something. It irks me to see nice stuff get thrown away because of tiny issues that could easily be repaired. >_<'

Still, despite the ongoing car drama, the week is going well so far. I am doing my best to stay positive.

So how is everyone else doing? ^_^

Saravi Boo

Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 PM

*pokes thread* O_o' Where is everybody? *listens to echo*

:ninja: *licks thread* ^_^

*huggles anyone who happens to drop by*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Yay for hugs! Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been pretty busy trying to get everything around for my upcoming job. I've got clothes to buy, books to read, appointments to make, etc. so I haven't had much time for Mene lately. T_T

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 03-24-2012, 02:50 AM

I actually think it might be time for me to close this thread.
I don't have much time anymore to even get on Mene.

And the desire to be on Mene has died a bit too.

I'm going to make some decisions in the next few days if it's going to be temporary or permanent.
I suspect the reason is that I don't really have anything to procrastinate from and I might find the time to return when school starts for me in the fall. But it is going to be pharmacy school so I doubt that I'll have much time.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2012, 03:38 AM

Aw... T_T

I've had a lot of fun chatting and participating in the contests/raffles of this tread. I'll be sad if it is closed but I'll also understand if that's what you decide to do. I haven't been around as much the past few weeks myself and I don't imagine I'll have much time for Mene once I start my new job but I'll still do my best to stick around if you do decide to keep the thread going.

*Hugs*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM

i loooove your avatar, ziggles!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-25-2012, 10:40 PM

Aw, thanks Linnea! I think it still looks like it's missing something but ah, whatever. ^^;

Is yours a play on The Wizard of Oz?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-26-2012, 01:04 AM

i don't know if it's missing something, but maybe a darker skin color might help? i dunno, but either way it's fantastic!

and yes! i made the wicked witch of the west aka elphaba, if she were dorothy on the farm and instead of toto she has a flying 'monkey' :lol:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 AM

I tried a darker skin but it didn't match as well as I hoped it would. V_V

That's such a cute idea!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-26-2012, 01:36 AM

why thank you :)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 AM

Does it look better like this?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 AM

i do like it a little better darker, but no matter what i think it'll look fabulous!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 AM

Thanks Linnea. *Huggles*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 AM

no problem! :hug:

wow, i am so tired all of a sudden... i took like a five hour nap when i finally got home, but i'm still so sleepy *yawns*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM

I took a nap yesterday even though I shouldn't have. I need to start working on going to bed earlier because starting next week I'm going to have to get up much earlier. >_< Last night I went to bed a little early but still slept a bit late this morning. V_V

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM

i totally dislike getting up early, i feel your pain

Saravi Boo

Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM

*licks the thread* *huggles the peoples*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 PM

I was used to it for my last job but when I moved down here I didn't work quite so early so I guess I've been a bit spoiled recently. Now I'll have to get used to rising early again. I don't mind it terribly, I usually wake up pretty fast in the morning, but still... Sleeping in is always better. ^^;

Hi Boo! *Huggles*

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM

Alright, guys, this week is decision time for me.
They cut my hours at work so I might have more time but I doubt it because I'm going to be getting ready for the move.

Saravi Boo

Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 PM

I hope you decide to keep the thread open, Strelly. This is one of my most favorite places on mene...and I'm just about to get my interwebs back at home so I should soon be on a lot more. ^_^'

*huggles* Whatever you decide, I do hope you won't be leaving mene completely. I would very much miss you. T_T

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM

Bah! Sorry I haven't been on lately, things are pretty hectic for me at the moment. I really wish I could use my computer in the office to browse the web during lunch and visit Mene but I'm not allowed to use it for anything but work-related stuff. They'll be checking me out for my first 90 days too and I want a spotless record so they don't have any reason not to keep me. >.<

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 AM

Estrella:
Do you have a current raffle? dates the raffle say December so I am not sure.