ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 AM

...don't tell me you're following the crazy person around...:lol:

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM

Day 1

I am often led into all sorts of situations thanks to my gluttony. Only moments earlier I had been bamboozled by the strangest sight, and despite my intuition, I still trudged forward. Now, I have found myself at the bottom of a deep hole with branches and brush scattered about my feet, a trap I reckon for an animal to tumble down to its death. Of course, I can only think of my own hunger and how unfortunate I was to not be joined with something to consume.

"What was that noise!?"

I move toward the edge of the hole, searching for some sanctuary from the strange voice. Partially out of embarassment. Footsteps approach my location, but stop suddenly. I watch as shadows spring over my hiding place. I swear...one of the shapes had an afro.

"OMG, is that a llama!"

"It probably broke our trap."

"Oh well, I've got another one."

The footsteps start to become distant. I hear yet another shriek from the first speaker.

"Watch out! You almost stepped in it."

"You should mark these better."

"Just keep an eye out for a potato in the middle."

"Strange choice of bait."

"I bought WAY too many from the potato farmer. What else can I do with them?"

"...Eat them? Hey. I wonder what happened to her husband. Haven't seen him around lately."

I begin climbing, digging my fingers into the wall of the hole. I am on a mission now. I need to find something to eat to go along with this potato.

So far, the best option for an entree are tiny rodents that scramble along tree branches before they dive into holes for sanctuary from my grumbling belly. After about fifteen minutes of attempting to get higher than the intial split in the branches of the most populous tree, I have decided that there just isn't enough meat on those little beasts. As I slide down, I can see others have boldly sojourned in other creatures' homes. They will seek any kind of safety from the crazed beast I have become! Before I meet the ground, one visciously nips at my fingertips. It almost makes me rethink my retreat.

Groaning, I crouch before a bush of wild berries to munch on, sating my hunger temporarily. The rodents watch with disapproval.

As the sun begins to set, all sorts of smells escape into the chilling air. Dinner is being made. From my spot in the woodline, I can spy everyone in their comfortable homes cooking. As my eyes linger from one home to the next, jealously dreaming to be seated at a table awaiting the next meal, I can't help but think of the conflagration I have escaped several miles from here. Both nature and man had to dash madly away from the chaos that erupted and devastated in a matter of moments.

I stop dreaming and gripping the poor tree to begin walking along a well worn dirt path. Waving down an older gentleman returning into his home, I call out a quick greeting before I jump to my question.

"What kind of game lives around here?"

As if my attention toward him was mere hocus pocus, he looked a bit annoyed by the distraction. "Boar," he said simply and slipped into the safety of his home.

Deciding that my crazed appearance of dirt, burns, and soot was too suspicious for this peaceful little village, I made my way back to the forest. In a hollow tree trunk, I formed a bed of leaves and curled up for sleep. I would dream of pork...