Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Kirin Rosenbaum: Kry: Kraven:

"I know what you're thinking. It must be strange that I'm giving you an expensive piece of jewelry because you ordered a sandwich. I don't actually charge money for services. I ask for services in return." The man appeared out of nowhere behind Kirin. This would normally be surprising, but something about the place makes practically nothing a surprise.

He seats Ikori next to Kraven, asking Kirin if he would like to join the small party forming on the far side of the room.

The air of this place was practically saturated with magic-- from the plants who have adapted to it, to the cauldrons in which the plants are cooked, and mostly to the person doing the cooking-- that is, if he could still be called that. As for the plants, they were actually pretty normal, but transformed and given strange properties by the magic forming this place.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 AM

Ikori let the odd man seat him where he would. He was mostly glad that he had been welcomed into the establishment. It had such a cozy feel to it and the scent of magic was everywhere. Ikori loved it already. How long could he linger in such a place before he was thrown out? The dog in human form shook his head slightly, pushing those negative thoughts away. Now wasn't the time to think about such things.

Though the man had said something about requiring services as payment for certain things, that did make Ikori a little wary. What kind of services were required? He probably should ask, but the dog was half afraid he wouldn't like the answer, sometimes it was better not knowing. Ikori licked his lips, they were dry and he was thirsty. Those brown eyes were on the man that ran this cafe, but he didn't want to interrupt, the man was busy with one of the other customers.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Kraven finished his coffee. "Well sir, if I cannot pay you, then I shall be of service"

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 PM

Kry: Kraven:

The man assured them not to worry. He never requested much more than little favors. His most common 'task' is for the customer to take a pick of any of his exotic plants and to plant them somewhere and take care of them-- usually in the customer's own garden. He let the customers keep the plant too.

Sometimes, he said, he required them to wear certain things, like the medallion he requested Kirin to wear if he would order a sandwich. The most 'expensive' geas he had given was to a little girl, in fact. To take and plant 5 of his plants in her own garden.

His requests were strange little things, often having no rhyme or reason to them. Sometimes they seem outright detrimental to the well-being of the cafe or his plants, but he said that he didn't choose what to request-- the requests simply form themselves in his mind and that he is often surprised by some of them.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM

"What kind of service." Kirin asks fingering the medallion. He is skeptical but in awe at the same time.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM

"Planting flowers doesn't sound that hard" Kraven remarked.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 AM

Kirin Rosenbaum: Kraven:

"As I said. You would be doing me a service by wearing that medallion for one day. Don't worry about returning it. It always finds its way back to me." It seems the man had gotten more confident, losing most of his stutter. He assured Kraven that he was also free to keep any plants that he chooses to grow in his garden.

He warns, though, not to try preparing any of the plants as food. That was something only the man could do-- that is to say, they won't be very tasty at all if anyone else prepares them. He doesn't say, however, if that was because of the location or because he himself was somewhat magical, or even if the plants were the magical ones, refusing to taste good unless their 'master' prepares them.

A small black cat with a white muzzle exits from the kitchen. Its paws, muzzle and belly were white, and small, gossamer wings sprouted from its back. They seemed too small to carry the cat, but it floated, nonetheless. It perched itself on the man's shoulder, though the man paid no heed to it.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-21-2012, 02:28 AM

Kirin nods slipping the medallion on. He decides to take the risk. What's the worse that could happen?

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 AM

Ikori had sat there quietly. Just listening to the conversation around him, it was rather strange to request someone wear a piece of jewelry as payment. Perhaps the jewelry was magical and it did something to the person wearing it. There had to be more to this than just what the odd man was telling everyone. Ikori wanted so badly to trust this man, but it was a little difficult with all this strangeness surrounding him and this place. That was alright, Ikori decided he could trust this odd man until the fellow did something to betray that trust. He had been about to ask for something to drink, when a cat showed itself. Ikori's body twitched. He wanted to play with the cat, chase it and play tag. Those brown eyes followed the cat's every movement as it floated up to the odd man. It did have pretty wings and Ikori admired those little wings.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-21-2012, 10:16 AM

Kraven rubbed the cat's head. "Cute cat"

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 AM

Nothing strange happened with the whole medallion business. It seems, for now, it was just as the man said-- it was simply a medallion that kept finding its way back to him. The cat floated off his shoulder, circling around Kraven and Ikori. It flicked its tail sassily, as if to tease the two people who had found it adorable.

It seemed fond of affection too-- much unlike other cats who dislike being touched. Soon, it returned to its master, first diving down, circling a few times around his leg, then around his torso before finally settling back on the man's shoulder. The white haired man berated it for 'showing off' and about how it's not supposed to be down here in the first place, as it would have had to pass through the kitchen, which it was not allowed in.

In response, the cat flew off, sulking on the other side of the room.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 PM

"So what type of flowers will I be planting?" Kraven asked.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-23-2012, 12:56 PM

The man told Kraven that he may take his pick of any of the exotic plants in the garden to take home and take care of.

Bound Birdie: hummy:

You may feel an odd sensation, as if you suddenly fell down a deep pit. The time-space that the cafe was located in has shifted, fusing into another of its incarnations. The door outside disappears, as do the windows, while the door to the kitchen opens. Behind it is the instance of the Little Floral Cafe that was in the city.

The strange Asiatic man's promise to Bound Birdie has been fulfilled-- he has gotten her to civilization safely. Hummy had been awake when the shift happened, failing to leave the cafe in time. Even stranger, the Asiatic man before Hummy had suddenly disappeared, and could now be seen in the original instance.

The little clearing in the forest that the cafe used to occupy is now occupied by trees, as if the cafe had never been there at all.

The strange man felt a bit disoriented, himself. He never did enjoy the feeling of controlling two bodies at once, or even worse, suddenly controlling one body again after the time-space of the cafe shifts.

Kraven
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-23-2012, 11:12 PM

Kraven went into the garden. He picked a tulip bulb, rose stems, and sunflower seeds.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-24-2012, 01:19 AM

Kirin finishes his food and just sits there watching the goings on in the cafe.

jabble
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to jabble

Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 AM

♪-open door to this cafe and look round and say to myself- what a cute cafe -stand there wait for a hosted-♪