Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-25-2008, 08:50 PM

@Cassidy Rose - It wasn't actually an official contest; `Flutterings put it together. Did a really good job too; I've seen official contests with smaller prizes, and I've never seen an official contest that was so much fun, though I HAVE seen official contests with FAR more drama. XD

Ooh, Thai food? *loves Thai food* Damn you, you made me wish there was a Thai restaurant in my town. XD

@Chrome - ....this is random and pointless, but I've been wanting to say it for a while - your username reminds me of one of my favorite animes. Are you, by any chance, familiar with Cluster Edge?

mmariep2
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mmariep2 Send a message via MSN to mmariep2

Old 12-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Hello everyone!

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 PM

Hello Marie!

@Amani: no I'm not familiar with that anime, what's it about? I might go watch it now because I'm curious... I just picked Chrome out because I like shinyness and silver and stuff... I used to use Creme de la Chrome as my username but I've shortened it to Chrome because I got tired of being called Creme. lol.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-25-2008, 09:31 PM

Hello Chrome.

I just recently got a new anime box set. Its called Fate/Stay Night. Haven't watched it yet, but I hear its pretty good and that the game that is connected with it was interesting.

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 PM

@Chrome: It's really interesting; I love the story to death...though I'll admit that it was rather poorly executed; I think it had a pretty low animation budget, since it had flashback abuse on the Naruto level. But still, the story was great enough in my opinion that I put up with the flashbacks.

It's set in a world that looks like this world in the 1920s, except there's a really interesting technology development - essentially "selective cloning" to create artificial soldiers. I especially love the debate it stirs up on humanity - there's a lot on whether or not these artificial soldiers are human. One of the main characters was...an artificial soldier named Chrome; he was so awesome. X3 And I say that he was very much human, for the record.

The main character's name is Agate (and for the record yes, all the characters are named for rocks, minerals, or alloys), and...though I won't explain all the details on him; that'd be a lot of spoilers...I will say that he has very interesting ties to the artificial soldier project.

It's centered around the school that Agate goes to at first, but it's by no means a typical school anime. It's also the school that a character named Chalcedony went to when he was young...he's a very devoted artificial soldier rights activist. And in fact, the fact that he went there was probably the only reason Agate got in...even though they're not related and there were no letters of recommendation or anything involved. Again, I'm not gonna explain that. You'll have to see for yourself. ;p

And there's also a lot of fun stuff...involving planes and flying. I've wanted to make a model of Agate's plane ever since I first saw it. It's so awesome-looking. X3

Despite centering in a school for much of the time, there's a ton of action and excitement...one of the most fun animes I've ever watched. It's really a shame that most people don't bother to give it a second thought because of the flashbacks.

...wow I can ramble about that one a lot. But really...it manages to cram a lot into 25 episodes...and really the only major execution flaw is the flashbacks. It doesn't seem rushed at all to me, which is surprising for how much it covers.

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 PM

My favorite animes are Hellsing and Blood+...... lol... I'll watch it anyways though if I can find it online. I don't have much else to do right now...

*ish doing that rexlace thingie now* *w* lol the instructions would have taken me a year to learn, luckily... though it really really surprised me, Leone already knew how to do it, lol!

@marie: I haven't played Fate, so I have no clue about how it would be like... yay for getting anime thou.. was it a Christmas present? My parents never got me anime for xmas. I'd be lucky to get a final fantasy game. lol.

Last edited by CHR0ME; 12-25-2008 at 10:22 PM..

Cassidy Rose
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Cassidy Rose Send a message via MSN to Cassidy Rose Send a message via Yahoo to Cassidy Rose

Old 12-25-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amani View Post
@Cassidy Rose - It wasn't actually an official contest; `Flutterings put it together. Did a really good job too; I've seen official contests with smaller prizes, and I've never seen an official contest that was so much fun, though I HAVE seen official contests with FAR more drama. XD

Ooh, Thai food? *loves Thai food* Damn you, you made me wish there was a Thai restaurant in my town. XD

@Chrome - ....this is random and pointless, but I've been wanting to say it for a while - your username reminds me of one of my favorite animes. Are you, by any chance, familiar with Cluster Edge?
That is pretty cool ^^

Well I didn't end up going to get Thai food... That will be on Saturday. We weren't sure if the place was open and if it would have been, it could have been full so we got chinese food. Awww I am sorry *Gives cookie*

Hi mariep <33

*snugs chrome*

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 12:13 AM

@ Chrome - No, it wasn't a Christmas present. I bought it for myself last month when I went to San Francisco to visit a friend. We had gone to Japantown and there was a Japanese video rental store there that sold anime. I decided to get it because it was only the one box, and I hadn't bought any new anime in a long time.

Cassidy Rose
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Cassidy Rose Send a message via MSN to Cassidy Rose Send a message via Yahoo to Cassidy Rose

Old 12-26-2008, 12:24 AM

What anime did you get?

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 AM

Ahh i see... I'd love to find a store somewhere around here that sells anime... I just moved here and I don't really know where a place like that is. I know there's a comic shop near the little asian store on the corner, but I glanced in its windows and its more of the Marvel vs Capcom etc type. The asian store is really diversely stocked on food items but no anime. They have the most important staple to me which is green tea ice cream, lol. But they also have mochi balls, fried octopus, lots of rice, sushi sea weed, etc. ... it makes me so happy, lol.

Cassidy Rose
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-26-2008, 12:32 AM

If there is a mall somewhere near where you live, Chrome, they may have an anime or movie store. If you need a site to get anime I know a site or so I believe.

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2008, 12:40 AM

Well if I was going to order offline that's not a problem. There's two malls on either side of me each within about 5miles, but when I went into them and looked they didn't have any anime.

Cassidy Rose
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-26-2008, 12:42 AM

Hmmm I don't know then.. I don't know that area so I can't quie help with that.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 12:43 AM

I love asian stores. There is always so much to see there. They've always got so much stuff and its all kinds too.

When I moved back home, it was a huge change for me. I was used to being able to go down to the store and rent some anime, and here I can't do that because there isn't a store like that.

@ Cassidy - Hi! :D I bought Fate/Stay Night last month while I was in San Francisco.

Cassidy Rose
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-26-2008, 12:48 AM

Mariep, I have heard of that one but never watched it or read it at all yet.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 12:50 AM

I heard about it a while ago while I was looking up game information. Then I saw some of the anime clips and found out that the game was based off of the anime (or was it the other way around?). I'm not completely sure, but I really liked the story when I read what it was about and when I saw it at the store in complete box set, I decided I had to get it before I lost my chance.

Cassidy Rose
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-26-2008, 12:55 AM

I am hoping to find some games sometime. I am going to game stop tomorrow. I have 2 for my DS: Princess Debut and I also have Chrono Trigger

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 AM

Oooh fana what is the princess game about.. I want a DS. :`c

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 01:34 AM

I'd love to have a DS, that would be fun. I have a Gamecube and Playstation 2. Most of my games are Legend of Zelda for the Gamecube, but I do have FFX, FFX2, Tales of Legendia, Symphonia, and Abyss and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I love my games, they're so much fun!

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 AM

I have FFX-2 and tales of symphonia too, lol. But i love harvest moon games too. My bf just got us a wii, but we don't really have any games for it yet.

We are going to spend our xmas money on getting a decent internet connection.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 02:15 AM

We want to get a wii for our house. Mostly because my dad and I like to play Mario Kart back when we had a N64, but since my sister has the console now we need something else. I'd love to have tried Zelda on the wii, that would have been cool.

Did you know they're making a Symphonia 2 for the wii?

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2008, 02:41 AM

I haven't finished the first one... lol. I try not to play my games while I'm in school or working because then I get addicted. I could finish it now, but I forgot the game cube controller back at my grandmothers where I used to live and I don't have the money to drive back yet. I did like how that game played and stuff so I'll have to look into it when it comes out.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 02:44 AM

Haha, yeah, I was just figuring that I'd finish up my Kingdom Hearts 2 game tomorrow or something. I haven't been able to play the last few weeks because all I've been doing is working and if I did play I'd end up forgetting about everything else.

CHR0ME
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2008, 03:09 AM

Or not getting enough sleep? That happens to me, lol.

mmariep2
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 AM

Oh geeze, yeah, that has happened to me too. I'd play on my days off and instead of resting up for the upcoming week, I'd play my games until all hours of the night and not rest and be tired when it came time to go back to work.