Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 PM

We have been in a shipwreck and are now stuck on a remote island full of beauty, wonder, and mystery. Where in the heck are we? What do we do while waiting for rescue?

~What you do and how you react is up to you!~

This thread is a little roleplay thread and the theme is being Shipwrecked on this remote island. I enjoy roleplaying and I'd hoped some of you would too!

Now, there is to post length requirement or anything so that posts can move along and that way more event currency can be earned.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-07-2013 at 07:59 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 PM

Rules and Information

--->Follow all Menewsha Rules. And that means keeping anything PG-13.
--->There are no requirements for post length, but please avoid making extremely short sentences.
--->Character profiles are not required either, but you are welcome to make your own, PM it to me, and I will post your profile on the post below.
---> You can jump in and post whenever you want. You don't need any approval. Just be sure to follow the rules.
--->Remember the setting is on a remote island, not some luxurious vacation hotspot.
---> Have a question? Ask me
!

Last edited by Velvet; 07-07-2013 at 07:44 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Island Locations

The Beach

~Warm and beautiful~

The Forest

Huge and mysterious... There is no telling what might be in there.

Hidden Springs

Stunning and refreshing, just don't get lost on the way there.

More locations coming soon~

-->Character Profiles Will Go Here<--

Last edited by Velvet; 07-07-2013 at 07:56 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM

I will most likely make a prize to give to the most active replier in this thread.

More information coming soon.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-07-2013 at 08:04 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Vivian glances around at her surroundings; A beach, the ocean, and a vast and thick forest seemingly going on forever. Shipwrecked, that is what happened. The ship she was on must have been caught up in that storm! "This could be.. interesting. What to do, what to do?" She questioned herself. Taking a quick look around, she spots some luggage and a few water bottles that she decides to gather for herself. The most important thing can do is find fresh water and help.

"Is anyone there?" She shouts.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to solaria92

Old 07-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Rianne finally staggers up the beach, collapsing on the sand and coughing up salty sea water. She can barely hear the sounds of someone shouting over her harsh breathing. "Here," she croaks. 'Like she could even hear that,' the brunette scolds herself. "I'm here," she tries again, yelling.

Anglie
Courage is the Magic that turns ...

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM

'oooh my head... where am I?' Resa thought, opening her eyes. Surveying the surroundings, Resa pushed herself up into a sitting position, pushing her blond hair out of her eyes. Sand. Trees. Everywhere. The last thing she remembered was the storm. "What happened?" she muttered as she stood up, her legs a bit wobbly. She brushed the sand off her, noticing a couple scratches and bruises here and there and then a flashback: 'Thunder. Lightening. The ship was rocking. She was terrified. Next thing she knew she was in the water, flailing about and then nothing, she woke up on the beach'
"So I guess I washed up here, I wonder what happened to the others and the boat" she talked to herself and started walking along the beach. And then she heard it, in the distance, voices calling out. "I'm here!" she shouts, breaking into a run towards the voice.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM

Vivi wipes away a bit of sweat from her forehead and glances around again, she was sure she heard someone. The jungle before her was also full of noises though, loud bugs making different chirps, frogs croaking, and she could also here a complaining parrot somewhere in the distance. Just where the heck was she?

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM

Grunting with the effort, Rianne stands up, not even bothering with all of the sand stuck to her skin. Still hanging off of her shoulders is the athletic bag she had on her while on the ship before they hit the storm. Paddling to keep afloat has her utterly exhausted and she is sore all over. Peering down the beach, she can see a girl maybe 100 yards from her. "Hey," she yells, waving her arms. She starts to walk towards her, ignoring the aches in her legs.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 04:39 PM

Nearly sick from the adrenaline rush that accompanied her during the crash, Vivi leans her body against the trunk of a tall palm tree. She is panting and holding down what could be her last lunch, the one she had on the shop before the crash, when she spots another figure in the distant. Shielding her eyes from the sun, she sees a girl coming towards her that she vaguely recognizes as another one of the crew passengers. "Hey!" Vivi waves and starts off towards her. "I'm so glad to see someone else!"

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Shaken but not yet down for the count, Zanna winces as she pushes herself into a sitting position. There's sand in her hair, sand in her clothes, sand in her mouth, sand in her...well that's doesn't even bear mentioning, and that seems to be the least of her worries. Tucked tightly beneath one arm, like a child, is a rough-shod guitar case that is looking rougher still in the wake of the crash. Half in the water, half out of it, it seems that the case has broken the worst of her fall.

Quick as anything, she drags it away from the water and draws it into the safety of her lap. If anything has happened to her guitar, you'd better believe she'll be suing this bloody cruise line into the Nth dimension. Nobody endangers baby.

Please be okay, please be okay, please be okay - the words play in her head over and over again like a song stuck on repeat as she unlatches the clasps and opens the case to peer inside.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 PM

Behind Vivi the jungle seems almost scary, it is so unfamiliar to her. Well, this land is definitely unfamiliar. Her clothes were still intact, but they were dirty and had a few rips and tears here and there. Her luggage was still missing though she managed to round up others' luggage cases. The dizziness was still weighing on her and her stomach was still uneasy. I have to keep that down.. She thought. She knew she couldn't afford to lose what food she had in her system. In the distance she could spot two other people on the beach aside from the girl she was walking to.

"Hello! Is everyone okay?" She yelled, hoping the others would hear.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM

Drawing baby from her case, Zanna ran her fingers over the guitar's familiar surface, questing for cracks and dents. Finding none, she inspected the strings. One had snapped, but that was easy enough to replace. She strummed experimentally, wincing at the sound that it produced. A sort of numbness crept over her as she reached for the tuning pegs, hoping against hope.

"Hello! Is everyone okay?" A voice cut through the haze, but she didn't seem to register it as her fingers turned, and twisted, and strummed. With each sour note, panic began to build.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:09 PM

Rianne just wants to collapse in the sand and sleep until she feels like she can swim to safety but she knows she can't. She reaches the first girl she heard calling out and stands awkwardly in front of her, vaguely recognising her from the ship. She has no idea what to say, it's not like they taught classes in survival etiquette. She bites her bottom lip. "I'm Ri-," she starts to say, but is cut off by the sounds of an out of tune guitar.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Vivi glances around the girl in front of her, her eyes searching for the horrid noise coming from one of the passengers. "What is that sound?" She had never been too good at making friends or even conversations. Vivi was a loner, but would she be able to survive if she stuck to her usual self? If rescue never came, the next few days were crucial.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Something was wrong. Never mind the fact that they were stranded in the middle of nowhere, that was a secondary problem, as far as Zanna was concerned. No, something was wrong with baby, something far worse than a snapped string, and it was all she could do to keep herself from screaming in frustration as she stopped strumming. Her fists clenched at he sides. There would be hell to pay for this.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 PM

"It sounds like a guitar," Rianne says sadly. "A broken one." She turns around and forces herself to start walking towards the girl with the guitar. She remembered a girl constantly with a guitar case walking around the ship. She stops safe distance away from her. "Hey, are you okay?" she calls out.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM

People... What do they want with her? It's not as if she can play for them now and...and...
"I'm fine," she snaps at the other girl, her tone sharp and unfriendly as she stares pointedly at her guitar, blinking back tears. It's only her livelihood that lies ruined before her, only her life and her soul.

Anglie

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Resa saw others in the distance. 'Almost there!' she thought as she kept running.
"Hey!" she shouted and slowed down as she neared the others, "Do any of you know where we are or-" she broke off as she noticed another girl with a guitar, "oh is your guitar ok? I love guitars"

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Rianne shrunk back from the girl and her guitar. "When... when we're rescued, you can get it fixed, right? I'll pay for it." Her wallet was in her athletic bag with credit and debit cards, not to mention a ton of cash her parents gave her for the trip. It was useless now, but it wouldn't be when they got rescued. Surely they'd be rescued, right?

She glanced at the girl that appeared beside her and smiled a little.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Alesia picks herself up and dusts off the sand the best she can. That was one crazy storm. And it had affected her magic. She tests it out again. Feeling the familiar prickle, she knows it is not lost. There is something about this area though that is making it less than it was though.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM

Was it okay...was it o...Zanna glanced up at the new arrival and scowled as she gave baby a cursory strum. "Does she SOUND okay to you?" Her tone was still sharp, her eyes still watery, though no tears slid down her cheeks.

It was the other girl that threw her for a loop. Pay for the repair costs...but why? She was a stranger. What did she want? Her expression was wary as she regarded the other girl. "You have no idea how much one of these costs to repair, do you"? her voice lost some of it's edge as she spoke, despair creeping in to replace it. There was no way she would be able to afford the repairs on her own. Hell, she cold barely afford to pay rent these days, and it was only because of baby that she'd been able to make up the difference.

solaria92
Just a little bit crazy
Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM

Rianne straightens a little. "Trust me, repair costs will not be a problem. Even if it's more than one hundred thousand dollars, I'd help you." She could tell the guitar was precious to this girl and wanted to have some sort of happiness to look forward to once this disaster was over. If it ever was over.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Alesia looked around and noticed some others in the distance. She walked slowly up towards them, close enough so she was within hearing distance, but still far enough back to not be a part of the group. She looked out towards the forest. She was eager to start exploring, but also wondered if she should wait for the group.

Anglie

Penpal

Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 PM

"I-I-I'm sorry" Resa stuttered and cringed as the girl strummed the guitar again, "I only just caught up I didn't hear it the first time..." she looked around, glancing at the trees and leaves to see what they could make out of them, she spotted another girl surveying them and waved to her to join. then turning back to the group "Maybe when we're rescued we can all pitch in to fix the guitar? Or if we end up here for a while we could try to fix it? I'm an engineer"