Death_to_the_reaper
  • Challenge Death_to_the_reaper in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 AM

I wrote a love letter once.
He wrote one back saying he liked one of our friends.
*Sad Face*

JessehBoo
Send a message via AIM to JessehBoo
  • Challenge JessehBoo in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 AM

@death: hes a poopy face :)

Ember Mist
Send a message via MSN to Ember Mist
  • Challenge Ember Mist in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 AM

So we just post our stories/letters? Or do we PM them to you?

Raccoon_Chronus
Send a message via MSN to Raccoon_Chronus

Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 AM

i would enter but I has no happy love story, they all sad <3

but good luck my deary <333

JessehBoo

Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 AM

@Ember: PM if you want it to be anonymous, post if you dont care who reasd it :)

Ember Mist

Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 AM

Okay, so I have a letter and a story is that okay?

JessehBoo

Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 AM

the more the better :)

Ember Mist

Old 02-11-2010, 08:09 AM

Okay, so letter first:

I wrote it to a boy I had had a crush on since elementary school. But we were like best friends. So here is the note:

Dear Owen,

I know we have been friends for like...well ever right?
Well see there is something pretty Major I need to get off my chest, and it might hurt our relationship a bit, but I think you need to know this.

See, there's this boy, who every time I talk to him, my heart breaks and heals it's self. Every time we hang out with our friends, I really want to just be alone with him and be wrapped up in his arms, Every time he talks to me about his problems with his uber crazy girl-friend and how he feels broken inside since she dumped him, I feel broken inside too. He's the one I can dedicate almost all of Taylor Swifts songs too.

You see, that boy is you. After all these years I've fallen in love with you. It's like I can tell you anything, every broken heart, every nightmare, every crazy or wacky idea, your always right there Owen...I've fallen for you.

Hopefully yours.
Ember.

And yes, my real name is ember :XP and actually I can't remember the story that happened after I gave him that, only that we have been dating for about three months now.

JessehBoo

Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM

awwwww<33333

Ember Mist

Old 02-11-2010, 08:45 AM

:P

JessehBoo

Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 AM

thats so cute, and your together now?<3

Ember Mist

Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Yep..but he's in Basic training in Colorado right now.

JessehBoo

Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 AM

aww...

Ember Mist

Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 AM

I know, I miss him so much LoLz...Vyans character is based off how he was before he joined the army lolz.

JessehBoo

Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 AM

lawlz orly, big druggie?

Ember Mist

Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Yeah, but we both cleaned up he's in the army, and i'm finishing school which is something no one in my family thought possible.

fairywaif
  • Challenge fairywaif in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Well, I've never written a love letter, but I do have a love story. In freshman year of high school I moved to a new city, which was in a state that I had only been living in for a year previously. At my new school I had to take the bus because I lived halfway across the county from where I had been placed. My first couple of days I was simply dazed and confused, trying to figure things out. And then I bumped into him. I was leaving moving seats, and he was trying to get to his. And I felt it, like electricity. I mumbled an apology and sat down. The funny thing was, he lived in the apartment next door to me! We rode the bus together every day for a year, and I could have told him any time. One time some kids were picking on him, and I defended him, but he couldn't hear. He had his headphones on, and had shut out the world. He moved away at the end of the year, but it kills me to this day that I never told him how much I liked him. There were so many opportunities, and I missed them all...

Sorry, that's really depressing, isn't it? :lol:

Stress
  • Challenge Stress in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 02:45 PM

I still think it was nice how you defended him :)

@Ember: I think it's nice how you two got together :) with me and Jacob... let's just say we're still 'Friends' (we grew apart D: )

chihiro
  • Challenge chihiro in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM

@ fairywaif: that is so sad! i do know what you mean tho, i used to crush on boys but was too shy/scared to do anything about it >.< i still kind of am like that, but i put myself out there a lil more now i think. did you lose contact with him? i mean, you can't stalk him on fb or anything? i've now been inspired to share a story i have! :]

so in college i was vaguely friends with this guy some of my close friends went to hs with and were cool with. we would sometimes see him on the street or at mutual friends parties and said hi, but we never really talked or anything. but my senior yr, i moved into the apt building him and my other friend lived in, directly beneath them, and we began to get closer. we would start studying together and watching tv together. in the beginning i went up there to hang with his roommate, but slowly each day i would end up spending more time with him. we got along so well!

so one day, one of my best friends met him when he gave me and her a ride somewhere, and she thought he was so hott! she kept talking about how looking into his eyes was like looking into pools of blue. i was kind of annoyed at her talking about him like that, and then i realized i liked him! i was completely enamored with him, and i was jealous! i didn't know what to do because i didn't want to hurt my friend by pursuing him, because she basically called dibs on him. but the more we flirted and talked the more i fell for him but tried to hide it inside.

one day i ran into him at a late night food spot on a weekday, we both had been out and were headed home. my friends had a full car, but we were headed to the same place so we managed to squeeze him in, and of course i ended up sitting on his lap, lol. when we got there, wer were still talking down the hall until we stopped at my door. we both got a little quieter and and the atmosphere had changed. i felt like it was the time in a movie where the two leads kiss, but i freaked out because i didn't want to hurt my friend's feelings. i said my goodbyes and rushed in my door, before i did something i might regret later. i was kind of relieved, but at the same time sad i didn't tell him how i feel. so i changed into my pj's and started getting ready for bed, defeated. but that's when he texted me, saying he needed to talk to me, and asking if i could meet him on the stairwell that connected my door to his, and i agreed confused but curious. what could he possibly have to say? what should i do if he doesn't like me, or more importantly if he does?

meeting on the landing, we sat and chatted about random things, me wondering what the real reason he asked to talk to me. after 10 minutes of small talk, i finally asked him what he wanted to talk bout. he replied, "i wanted to ask you how you feel about this . . .". and then he leaned over and kissed me. i was past the point of wanting to care about my friend, because who knew him better than me? i am the one who studied with him, cooked with him, laughed with him every day, and this was my chance. we sat there for a while kissing in the dark stairwell, finally aware of how each other felt. i was so relieved, and happy that he felt the same.

and it turns out my friend didn't care, she was happy for me after all :] el fin, lol. sorry that was so long!! o_O

Stress
  • Challenge Stress in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM

:) I like that. It's utterly adorable

chihiro
  • Challenge chihiro in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 PM

thank you Stress!! it seems weird reading it, it seems like something that didn't really happen to me. that's the only good boy story i have. he was my first real valentine on valentine's day too! but that's a whole nother story, haha. well, my first real valentine that wasn't my dad or a friend just for fun, lol. whompitty whomp!!

`Haru
Send a message via MSN to `Haru
  • Challenge `Haru in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 05:24 PM

Uwah~ : D

This seems like it'll be fun.
I'll give it a go in abit & edit this once I'm finished? ; D

Firoren Slyshot
Send a message via AIM to Firoren Slyshot
  • Challenge Firoren Slyshot in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 07:10 PM

Dear Stranger,

It seems odd that I am referring to you in such a manner, but I fear I have no other way to tell you just how much you mean to me. Perhaps, not knowing who you are and not knowing myself will give me the courage to tell you what you mean to me.

Because of you, my world has seen a whole new light. Wounds that I've thought never to be healed again, are renewing themselves. Every time I see your smiling face, my heart fights to break free from it's tightening cage.

And yet, in my dizziness and daydreams, I've never felt so calm imagining what life would be like with you by my side. A trip to the moon and farther is hiding just behind your eyes. I would share nothing but my hopes, dreams, and life with you. And I ask for nothing back, except your heart, in return for mine.

To you, Stranger, I send everything. You are my friend. You are my sanctuary. You are my love.

When I joined a history class in my junior year, I didn't know there would be a man I loved so much as I did. He never spoke to me, and I never spoke to him, but we often worked in the same groups for projects. We had a few friends that knew both of us.

And even when I was around him I never felt the need to blush, unless I started talking. This usually ended up making me look like a fool. Something I'm very good at. I think once he grinned and started laughing, but it wasn't at me. He never laughed at anyone. I had never actually seen him laugh before. And it was happy.

So, although I'd looked silly, I had managed to see a part of him that made the butterflies jump and twist in my stomach and made my breath catch in my throat. It wasn't until my friend asked me a question that I realized I had been holding my breath.

Unfortunately, the school year passed faster than I wanted it to, and he wasn't there the next year, but I remember coming to school that last few days with a homemade yearbook.

I didn't ask a lot of people to sign it. Only the people who I could ask comfortably. And even then, there weren't many. I asked him if he'd mind. Of course, he didn't. It only took him a second to write what he did.

I didn't look at it until after school. I don't like reading them until after school ends, because they don't seem to mean as much when I can still talk to the person who wrote them.

When I saw his note, I was confused, but overwhelmingly happy.

"[his name]
Talk more!"

I didn't get a chance to tell him that he should as well. He talked less than me, but it made me happy.

And that's my story. Haha. Not too long, I hope. I did love him, but I couldn't find him during twelfth grade, and after I got out of school, I got busy and met someone who I'm currently dating and happy staying with.

I hope I'll bump into him again someday, but for now...

Mirana
  • Challenge Mirana in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 PM

I've got a letter, for someone I love, but not in a valentine sort of way. Not eros, but philia? Storge?

:mail: Dear Jamie,

It's been a long time since my last letter, but please know that isn't because I haven't stopped thinking about you. In fact, more and more I find you are on my mind.

I wonder how you would be feeling about Valentine's day. I have a boyfriend now - Mom and Dad approve, I wonder what you would think of him. I know you'd want the best for me - you've a caring nature - and don't worry, he thinks the world of me. More then I deserve, I'm sure.

Home has been more empty. Our sister moved out, she's got a teaching job in another town. Our little brother barely spends time at home, between working a job, going to high school, taking his EMR, and dating a sweet girl. He'll be done with his EMR training when he graduates high school, which means he can begin paramedic training in September. I feel as though you've somehow influenced this decision, he has an amazing passion for the medical field.

I wonder what you would be doing now.

Mom and Dad don't talk about you - no one does. This isn't because you're a painful memory, but because there is no point in grieving. Not when you're no longer locked in your prison. You are free now, and in a lot less pain. We rejoice for you in our own way. I picture the empty wheelchair in my mind, and know somewhere in heaven you are running and walking on your own legs.

You should practice football, our younger brother loves the game, he'll want to play with you when he gets there. You'll like him, I'm sorry you never got to meet him. He always wanted an older brother, but us girls didn't do so bad raising him, either. He's very popular with the ladies, and living with two older sisters, he knows how to treat them respectfully.

I love you. And I miss you. And with hope, this letter reaches your heart.

With love,
Your Miranamo.

Valentine's day, I find, is a great day not just to celebrate a romantic love, but all the people you love.

Firoren Slyshot
Send a message via AIM to Firoren Slyshot
  • Challenge Firoren Slyshot in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM

Mirana, that's such a beautiful letter. And I agree wholeheartedly that it's a day to celebrate with friends and family as well.