Shimawa_zen
  • Challenge Shimawa_zen in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 12:58 PM

Yes, I was born in '86 too - a fellow Fire Tiger! I wouldn't really describe most tigers I know as aggressive as much as assertive. Earlier in the thread we were kicking around this link which is one description of tigers, but there are lots of others around on the internet as well. What parts of the description do apply to you?

--Lia--
  • Challenge --Lia-- in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm not born in the year of Tiger,is it ok to join you guys ??I was born in 1994 - the year of the dog but I love cat - close relative to tiger ^^

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Sure! You don't have to be a tiger to join. Come have some dumplings and tea while you chat with us. I love cats too - do you have any cats?

Antagonist

Penpal
  • Challenge Antagonist in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 01:06 PM

@Shimawa: Yeah, the usual description matches up with me better.

Blazestorm
  • Challenge Blazestorm in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 01:09 PM

yes yes... to those celebrating...

** Happy New Year! **

May it be a prosperous one!

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-14-2010, 01:17 PM

Fading Existence - That's good, go just with the Snake description then. Sometimes people feel that either the animal or the element fits them, but not both. Are you doing anything to celebrate the Chinese New Year?

Blazestorm - Thank you! I hope your new year is prosperous too! Have any plans for the new year?

--Lia--

Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimawa_zen View Post
Sure! You don't have to be a tiger to join. Come have some dumplings and tea while you chat with us. I love cats too - do you have any cats?
I have four cats
1 momma cat ,1 big cat (daughter of momma cat),3 kittens(from momma cat,too ^^)
My sis like dogs but she still play with my cats when she has time.My sis's sad 'cuz my fam stop adopting a dog now T.T

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM

I'm a little confused - it sounds like you have five cats. Was your family going to adopt a dog, but something happened and you couldn't adopt the dog?

Blazestorm
  • Challenge Blazestorm in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 01:35 PM

Hello Shimawa. No particular plans for the New Year right now. Nowhere I know of nearby is celebrating (which kinda takes the fun -and some of the options- away). You? Celebrating in China? That would be a very interesting thing to experience (from a Westerner's perspective, anyway)

--Lia--

Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Dumplings ? I eat it in my breakfast.But one of my favorrite food is mooncake.I hate eating sweet mooncake.I like assorted one ^^
OMG,I forgot ^^ Sr T_T.Five,not four,I forgot how to count number .Aaaagr...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dizzy,need to rest now .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another family hired a part of my house - they become my neighbor.A dog uses a lot of spaces and my sis's respiratory system doesn't work well so we stop adopting a dog. I miss Bim - the last dog we had .It's a cute dog,my sis misses him and I also miss him ,too.

Last edited by --Lia--; 02-14-2010 at 01:54 PM..

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-14-2010, 01:56 PM

Yeah, I'm celebrating in China this year, and it is very interesting from a Westerner's point of view. They put any fireworks in the West to shame, that's for sure. Lots of color, sound, good food, etc. I'm in the hometown of a friend of mine, so I've been able to see it from a bit more of a local perspective. Yeah, it is pretty hard to celebrate without people to celebrate with. Moon cakes aren't very common for the New Year - you'll see more of them around the time of the Moon Festival / Mid Autumn Festival in August / September. I LOVE Mooncakes, particularly red bean ones. What other types of Chinese food do you like?

Antagonist

Penpal

Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimawa_zen View Post
Fading Existence - That's good, go just with the Snake description then. Sometimes people feel that either the animal or the element fits them, but not both. Are you doing anything to celebrate the Chinese New Year?
Nope...I got some lucky money from my parents though :heart:
Also visited my great-grandmother's grave (well, sort of...her ashes are in a can) and nearly had my ears blasted deaf by some asshole who thought it'd be nice to set off a firecracker right beside my ear to scare off some monkeys :roll:

The firecrackers going off last night nearly killed my ears. I'm glad I live on the tenth floor; I can't imagine living on the ground floor and listening to them going off right outside the door...

HitsuHime
  • Challenge HitsuHime in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 04:03 PM

Dumplings sound really good right now... I hope they have them at the buffet I'm celebrating it at. they are holding a little new years event there and it's a new buffet too. Making them was very fun. I took Chinese class so one time we steamed them at a local buffet and fried them in class. Now I'm craving dumplings D< and I have to wait until six thirty to even see if I can even munch on them. ;A;

Antagonist

Penpal

Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM

Dumplings are awesome, my family bought a ton of them for New Year's. :drool:

HitsuHime
  • Challenge HitsuHime in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm going to be humming dumplings on the way there. I'm hopefully going to catch a ride with one of my friends. and I have enough new year songs on my ipod to last us for maybe two hours. XD
I wish I had the Recipe for dumplings. I think I'll ask my former teacher I can e-mail. I miss my Chinese teacher, she was so adorable. Now I'm stuck with German in my new school. It made me realize how little I know about my native language. Everyone in the class are jerks and make fun of it. I can't stand it when people make fun of a language.

*Hime*
  • Challenge *Hime* in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Ohoo, I'm also a tiger c;
*hooray!*

kasorin
  • Challenge kasorin in the Arcade

Old 02-14-2010, 04:53 PM

I'm a snake. Four more years until it's my animal's turn. I don't have any particular plans for the day. Hopefully I won't have to take my heavy-duty migraine medicine to get rid of the headache that's attacking me.

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 AM

Awake again - I'm glad that the thread had some life while I was asleep! Now if only my cold would go away, and my heater would stop making a weird noise.

*Hime* - Yay - another fellow Tiger! *drapes lucky jade tiger pendant on red cord around neck* Btw, you always seem to have great outfits.

kasorin - I hope your headache gets better! Four years is a long time in advance to plan for an exact day, so I don't blame you.

Fading Existence - Being on the ground floor during firecrackers does sound awful. That person should have had more respect than to set one off in your ear too. Is visiting the grave on new year common in your country?

HitsuHime - I hope you got dumplings at your buffet! I've made water boiled dumplings a few times before, but with store-bought dumpling skins. I also can't stand it when people make fun of a language.

Li_the_were_lion
  • Challenge Li_the_were_lion in the Arcade

Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 AM

meh, i'm a metal horse, and according to the chinese zodiac description:

Metal Horse – Years 1930 and 1990
Free-spirited in every sense of the word, commitment is the easiest way to scare Metal Horses away. They prefer jumping from one relationship or job to the next. Because of this, Metal Horses make better friends than partners.

and i'm the polar opposite of that. :P

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 AM

My sister is also a metal horse, and that is pretty much the opposite of her too. But the general description for just a horse fits her better - what about you?

Selente
  • Challenge Selente in the Arcade

Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 AM

I want Chinese food. Here comes the Lo Mein!

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-15-2010, 02:22 AM

Yep - help yourself to the noodles XD They represent longevity and good fortune in the coming year. Is Lo Mein your favorite kind of Chinese food?

linxe
  • Challenge linxe in the Arcade

Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 AM

i love tigers! did you know tora means tiger in japanese

Shimawa_zen

Old 02-15-2010, 03:04 AM

Yes I did - I speak some Japanese and some Chinese. Do you speak Japanese?

Infinitys Echo
  • Challenge Infinitys Echo in the Arcade

Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 AM

I'll bet Chinese New Year would be more to my liking than US New Year. It seems much more exciting!

Tags