Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-30-2018, 05:21 AM

As the movie progressed, Daisy became more and more enthralled in it; literally laughing aloud when something funny happened, and becoming downhearted when something sad happened. The lack of children on the ship made it all the more fun for Daisy, as she, Tom, Skylee and Sam were the only ones in the theater, Daisy felt free to laugh as loud as she wanted and to cheer during the movie whenever she wanted. It was a lovely time for her and all the while, Tom, too, was becoming engaged in the movie.

When the movie ended, Daisy stood in her seat and clapped, proclaiming that this was truly the cutest movie she'd seen all year. (Which, was an understatement considering she hasn't seen many movies that year.) Daisy was energized from watching such a cute movie. She turned to Tom and smiled, "Boy! That was a great movie..." She said. Tom smiled at her.

"What did you two think of the movie?" He asked Sam and Skylee. It was definitely a cute movie to Tom, he really couldn't shit on it, as his friend James Corden voiced Peter. That, and Tom truly did enjoy the movie. Without thinking, Tom reached for Daisy's hand, but Daisy snatched away from him for some reason. Was she still nervous after spending all that time with Tom?

Daisy realized what she was doing and immediately mouthed an apology. She was so used to snatching away from anyone who tried to touch her that she didn't notice she was, out of habit, snatching away from people who seemed to care about her. Daisy smiled. "That was certainly fun!" She exclaimed.

"Now what should we do?"

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-01-2018, 07:12 AM

Skylee had thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and was even happy to see Daisy enjoying it. Like she always did, she teared up at the sad parts in the movie and felt pull her closer, his hand rubbing circles on her shoulder. Before she knew it the movie was over and the house lights were turned back up. She reluctantly pulled away from Sam though she would have loved to stay snuggled into his side.

"It was so cute and fun," Skylee said in response to Tom's question.

"Yeah it was good," Sam said with a nod.

Skylee mused over what to do next. She definitely enjoyed hanging with Tom and Daisy and was glad to see the other girl starting to relax around them. "Well we could go check out the pool," she said starting to list of ideas. "Or we could check out the shops? I think there is also a place that does karaoke."

Skylee loved to sing though she was self-conscious of her voice. It wasn't that she necessarily thought that it was bad, more that she was embarrassed by how low her range was and didn't trust it not to crack or waver on her. She had always wanted to do karaoke but was frankly terrified to ever try.

Kory

Old 04-04-2018, 03:29 AM

Daisy frowned at the mention of Karaoke, but Tom started to beam with excitement! A chance to show off his dance moves? Hell yes! Immediately he smiled wide and said, "That sounds like an excellent idea!" He didn't mind singing, but he was more interested in dancing. Daisy, on the other hand, was less thrilled, but not so disengaged that she was prepared to fight against it. No, Daisy would go to the karaoke bar if that's what everyone else wanted to do. But she'd keep to herself, indeed!

Tom gently reached behind Daisy to grab her by the waist to support her as they walked, but Daisy snatched away from him. Moody... as always. Tom learned not to take offense to it. He just let Daisy have her space. "So, it's decided then? Karaoke bar?!" Tom couldn't contain his smile, he was extremely excited to start singing and dancing. It was what he was known for, after all... Well, that and being evil.

Daisy was still being moody, pouting to herself while Tom got overly excited again. Daisy wondered to herself how she and Tom could be so different! But at the same time, she was a little excited to him... Who knew what would happen? Perhaps if she could just get herself to be less anxious, she'd have fun just like him and his friends. Daisy pushed the thought away when Tom reached for her again... She, out of habit, snatched away from him once more. Tom didn't seem upset by it, he could probably tell that she wasn't used to being touched. Still, that didn't stop Tom from trying... He reached for Daisy again and she relaxed a little..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-04-2018, 03:44 AM

Skylee was a touch nervous at the thought of singing in front of people but she might have a chance if it was just their group. Besides, it was always good to push one's self outside of their comfort zone as that was the only way to grow. She felt, strangely, that if Sam was there, she could draw from his quiet strength. And she did have a decent voice, low for the societal expectations for women, but it was a pretty good voice none the less.

She looked at Sam, questioning with her blue eyes, and he shrugged back, his hazel eyes having read the question. "Fine by me," Skylee answered for her and Sam. Sam casually settled a strong warm arm around her shoulders as they wandered through the ship and Skylee couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to dance with him. To have him hold her close in the muscular arms. Even if they would look weird with his 6'4" frame towering over her 5'7" frame, making her look so short and tiny next to him.

Kory

Old 04-06-2018, 01:49 AM

"Sounds great!" Tom exclaimed. "Lead the way, Skylee." He smiled wide for her, excited to do some karaoke. Tom patted Sam on the back, happy to be among friends. As they started walking he noticed that Daisy was trailing behind. He turned around and went back for her, but Daisy seemed distant. Tom tried to snake his arm around Daisy's waist to help keep her in the group, but Daisy was finding it hard to let Tom touch her.

"Hey, Daisy...?" He whispered to her. Because Daisy was only 5'5", Tom had to lean down to whisper to her. "Are you alright? Do you need your medication?" But Daisy's face turned a deep red and she pushed away from Tom, offended...

"I don't need medication for EVERYTHING!" She whispered back loudly. She had hoped that no one else heard her, but it was likely any passerby did. She quickly brought her whisper back down. "I'm not feeling anxious right now, Tom... I just feel a little worn out I guess." That was understandable. Daisy probably wasn't used to much social interaction. Tom sighed, he understood.

"Could we do this one last thing...? Then I promise I will bring you back to your suite." He whispered. Daisy thought about it. She was being terribly selfish to back out of the group now. So Daisy nodded and Tom smiled. "I promise."

Daisy was raised to expect promises to be broken. So she was prepared to stay a while longer, should the rest of the group decide that they wanted to all sing, dance and drink. Tom kept his hand on Daisy's waist and Daisy stared at her feet as Tom led her to the karaoke bar with the rest of the group.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-06-2018, 02:02 AM

Skylee walked through the ship towards the karaoke bar, Sam's strong arm draped reassuringly around her shoulders. There were getting to be more people out and about now and Skylee wasn't used to being around so many people. Most of her days were spent with animals. And strangely a herd of horses was far less intimidating than a crowd of people. Horses she understood and knew how to read, but people were far harder to read and understand. People wear masks of deceit, ingrained on them by the peer pressures of society. Animals have no such masks or societal expectations; what they feel or think are there for anyone to see.

When they hit more crowded areas, Sam would again shift in front, using his broad shoulders and height to cut a path through the crowds. He never really let go of Skylee, one arm would curve behind his back to hold onto her hand, making sure that she was following him. Before long they reached the karaoke place, which at this time of day was pretty much deserted. Once inside, Skylee came to a halt next to Sam as they waited for Tom and Daisy to catch up.

Kory

Old 04-08-2018, 03:36 AM

Tom nearly jumped out of his shoes just seeing the karaoke bar and how empty it was. Daisy, on the other hand, stayed quiet and close to Tom's side. It was refreshing that the karaoke place was mostly empty. Still, Daisy wrapped her arms around Tom's waist and held on for dear life. To this, Tom simply smiled and let Daisy hold him. Daisy was rather cute to him, after all. Like a small child.

Daisy buried her face in Tom's side and Tom, instinctively, wrapped his arm around Daisy's shoulders. "Great!" He exclaimed. "We've got the place mostly to ourselves!" He looked at the stage and the karaoke machine. Tom volunteered to get the drinks. "Hey, Skylee, perhaps you can sing first? It was your idea to come here, after all." Tom smiled again. He then attempted to walk over to the bar, but it proved to be difficult with Daisy clinging to him.

It ended up looking rather comical, actually. A 6'3" man being clung to by a small, 5'5" girl. Tom didn't want to push Daisy away, for fear that she'd lose trust in him, but he ended up slowly scaling across the floor, careful not to disturb Daisy on his waist. He ordered a few drinks for him and Daisy first. Daisy calmed down enough to tell Tom what drink she wanted. Then, they both sat at the bar, watching for when Skylee would take the stage.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-08-2018, 05:16 AM

Skylee opened her mouth to protest but Tom was already scuddling off like some strange sort of British crab with a Daisy leeched to his side. Skylee turned her eyes toward the stage with its innocuous karaoke machine and gulped. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be sick to her stomach or faint or perhaps some bizarre combination of the two.

"Hey, you okay?" Sam's deep, concerned filled voice broke her stare down with the inanimate karaoke machine. One of his large, warm hands came to rest gently on her shoulder, its weight and warmth strangely reassuring.

"I wasn't exactly planning to sing when I suggested it," Skylee said softly. "I was just listing off things that I had heard were on the ship."

"Do you not like singing? Are you no good?" Sam asked, one dark eyebrow quirked up in question.

"I love singing," Skylee admitted and before she knew it, she was spilling her fears softly to Sam who stood there listening quietly. His thumb was rubbing gentle circles over her collarbone, the touch soothing the blonde. Her baby blue eyes looked up at him, filled with fear and nerves when she finished.

"Would it help if I stood up there with you?" He asked softly. "I would offer to sing with you if I could sing," he added with a shake of his head and a wry chuckle. He grinned at Skylee's shy nod and took one of her small hands in his large one, leading her up to the scary machine.

Skylee slowly scrolled through the options on the machine before finally seeing a song that she knew well and was perfect for her deeper range. She picked it and nervously picked up the microphone as the opening notes to Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. She felt her nerves skittering as the notes filled the bar and panic tried to wash over her. But before she could panic, Sam's strong arms wrapped around her from behind and she found herself relaxing back into his warmth as she tentatively began to sing.

Well I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah.

Her deeper voice slowly grew in strength as she sang, drawing strength and courage from the tall, quiet man at her back. She even gained enough courage to look over to the bar at Tom and Daisy, though she was fearful of what she would see on their faces.

(Sorry, that post got long and I don't know why I felt the need to pick a song that I love and is actually perfect for my range.)

Kory

Old 05-27-2018, 09:34 PM

Daisy's nerves slowly calmed down as she heard Skylee sing, the sound of her voice echoed from the walls and it appeared to fill the room as quickly as light speed. Daisy still clung to Tom, but she slowly let go a little as Tom also had heard Skylee sing. When the drinks were brought out, Daisy slowly slipped off Tom's waist and sat back in her seat at the bar and listened to Skylee's mesmerizing voice.

Tom smiled, it appeared that Skylee was definitely a song bird. It was also amazing to see Daisy so calm for a change. It was nice to watch as Skylee relaxed, her voice seemed to grow in strength. Daisy watched, mouth slightly agape and she was drawn into the sound of Skylee's voice.

Tom moved a little closer to Daisy, she didn't jump or flinch away from him, either. As Skylee's voice boomed through the walls, it vibrated through both Tom and Daisy's bodies. It felt... well, comforting and Tom's arm snaked around Daisy's shoulders and the two of them watched in awe as Skylee sang.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-28-2018, 06:28 AM

Skylees's blue eyes drifted close as she sang, not needing to see the words to a song she knew by heart. The ship, the bar and even Tom and Daisy all drifted away as she sang. All the her world consisted of at that moment was the music, the words falling from her lips and Sam's strong arms around her. She wasn't singing to perform now but singing just to sing, singing because the words demanded she loaned them her voice so they could be expressed.

You say I took the name in vain
I don't even know the name
But if I did—well, really—what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Skylee's voice was confident and full now as she was lost in her own little world. Every word fell from her lips with passion and feeling, testimony of a girl singing purely for the love of singing. For that was what the blond was doing. She wasn't singing to impress anybody anymore but singing to let out the song that was in her heart. Before she knew it, the song was drawing to a close and the words of the last verse were falling from her lips.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Hallelujah

The hallelujahs fell softer and softer from her lips, each one becoming more like a pray and less like a lyric than the last. Until finally the last words and notes floated through the air and faded away. Skylee's eyes slowly fluttered open and she looked up into Sam's beautiful hazel eyes that were gazing down at her in awe and she got lost in that hazel sea.

Kory

Old 05-30-2018, 05:01 AM

As the sound of hallelujahs faded into the dead silence that filled the entire karaoke bar, Daisy felt so moved by Skylee's song that she started to cry. Tom, who was just as emotionally moved as Daisy, hid his tears a lot better than the young woman. Without much thought, he gently allowed Daisy to lean her head on his shoulder, turning her head into his chest to help hide her tears.

"What are you doing?" Daisy asked. But Tom didn't say anything at first. "I d-don't care if they see me cry..." But that was a lie. Daisy was easily embarrassed and very proud. After a couple of minutes of silent weeping, Daisy pulled herself together and started to applaud. Since there was very few people in the bar, it appeared at first that no one had heard this miraculous song, but Daisy was wrong....

People from the outside of the bar could hear Skylee's singing and, as expected, they started to flock in, listening to that sweet, beautiful voice that Skylee possessed. Daisy leaned on Tom's shoulder again, but this time, it wasn't patronizing. The applause grew as more outsiders, who'd caught nothing but the very last hallelujahs.

Daisy was so happy for her new friend. Although, the amount of people that started to swarm into the bar made Daisy very, very uncomfortable. Tom rubbed circles in the small of Daisy's back, trying his best to be supportive.

"That was AWESOME!" Daisy said when the song ended.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 AM

Skylee was snapped out of her trance by the applause. She looked around and began to blush and freak out at the sight of all the people. She turned and tried to flee but was caught in the strong, gentle arms of Sam. It took her a moment to hear his words through the pounding of her heart in her ears. It was just a deep rumble from the wall of muscle her face was buried in, but finally the words began to make their way through to her brain.

"Hey, hey. Its okay," he soothed. "Pretty sure none of them bite and you can't blame them for being intrigued and loured in by the singing of an angel. That was beautiful Skylee!"

The blond could feel her cheeks burning with a blush. In fact she was pretty sure if she unburied her face from Sam's chest, her face would be as red as a tomato or lobster. She wanted to keep it buried to hide the blush, but another part of her feared that Sam's shirt would burst into flames from the scorching heat in her cheeks. Skylee finally pulled back enough to look at him with big, and slightly frightened, blue eyes.

Sam grinned with he saw her eyes. "That's better," he said brushing her blond hair back out of her face with a big, warm hand. "Now how about you give your audience a bow and then we can see about getting a drink or something? I will be right here by your side," he added when he saw the panic start to fill her eyes again.

Skylee nodded slowly and took his hand, before turning to face the bar after a deep breath to fortify her. She plastered a bright smile on her face when she turned, waving to the crowd before dipping into a bow. She scanned the crowd with her peripherals for any sign of disgust or dislike but all she saw was genuine enjoyment. Which surprise her as she had never really thought about herself being that amazing of a singer. Skylee sang for the love and pure enjoyment of it, feeling the words and emotions as they flowed through her body and out through her mouth.

Kory

Old 06-04-2018, 02:22 AM

Daisy smiled, it seemed that Skylee was a little nervous, but with a voice as beautiful as hers, Daisy was surprised that Skylee didn't flaunt it more. Tom whistled as the applause thundered through the room. It was exciting for Daisy. She was so proud of Skylee, although they'd just met that day. It was obvious to Daisy that Skylee was facing a big fear of hers. Daisy may not have known everything, but she knew about fear and anxiety and it was really refreshing to see Skylee facing her fears.

Tom smiled and waved at Skylee and Sam. When the applause finished, Tom turned to Daisy to ask if she would like to sing. But Daisy said, "Don't even think about it!" Tom shrugged. He wasn't all that interested in singing, himself, but he was certainly glad to see Skylee and Sam having fun. Daisy grabbed her drink from where it was sat on the bar table and she started to drink...

"You guys, that was excellent!" Tom shouted as Skylee and Sam started to approach the bar. Tom stood up to greet them, completely forgetting about Daisy, who was still caught around his shoulders. Daisy stumbled a little, groaning but she eventually got back to her feet and she looked at Tom, wondering how someone could be so excited and extroverted for so long! Tom went in to hug both Skylee and Sam, as he was bursting with positive energy. But Daisy, watched from her seat at the bar, still sipping her drink.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-04-2018, 04:39 AM

Skylee's heart was still racing from the mix of nerves and adrenaline as she walked toward Daisy and Tom. Sam's arm was draped over her shoulders but she found that she really didn't mind it. In fact it made her feel calm and safe, which was definitely very nice to feel. In fact, if she let herself, she could get addicted to this feeling but she doubted it would last when the ship returned to port. This was all a crazy publicity stunt and Sam was probably just being the nice, sweet guy he seemed to be.

"That was nerve wracking as all get out," Skylee said, shaking her blond head at Tom's words. "Well I mean while I was singing it wasn't bad because I was caught up in the song, but man seeing all those people, I about had a heart attack."

She dropped into the seat on the other side of Daisy, leaning back against the bar as she tried to calm her racing heart. She felt like she had just run a marathon, not sang a song that she had sang millions of times in her bedroom. Of course that had always been in the privacy of her bedroom, or in the barn when no one else but the horses were there to hear it. This had just started out a group of friends, just the four of them goofing off and apparently turned into an impromptu concert. Which Skylee still wasn't sure how she felt about that.

Kory

Old 06-22-2018, 11:29 PM

Tom's excitement made Daisy shy away a little. As the crowd applauded, it sounded like thunder in Daisy's ears and she immediately hid in Tom's shadow. Tom happily laughed and applauded Skylee, saying, "That was brilliant!" Daisy nodded in agreement, but still remained huddled in Tom's shadow. She took a careful sip of his drink, looking around to see the crowds of people slowly dissipate.

When Skylee came to sit next to Daisy, she flashed a toothy smile at Skylee. Daisy was feeling too shy to say much. Besides, Tom had enough words for the both of them. "Drinks all around!" Tom cheered. Daisy shook her head, drinks all around... the famous last words. Daisy scooted closer to Skylee, still remaining silent as death.

Daisy let out a silent sigh as she watched Tom laugh and mingle with the others in the karaoke bar... It was exciting at first, but now Daisy felt left out. She wished she had the strength to start up conversations with strangers, but Daisy was just not brave enough.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 AM

Skylee smiled at the shy girl next to her, noticing when Daisy moved closer. "How are you doing?" She asked softly enough that only Daisy could hear, which wasn't hard with all the noise in the karaoke bar. People were cheering Tom for the drinks and chatting with each other. She even saw a few guys, some kind of sleazy looking characters, glancing towards her and Daisy. Though with all 6' 4" of towering muscles called Sam lounging against the bar on the other side of her, none of them dared try and approach. Which was more than fine with Skylee; she had more than enough experience with jerks and sleazeballs hitting on her. Besides, as far as Skylee was concerned, the handsomest man in the bar was standing next to her staring down the creeps as if she were his girl.

Kory

Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 AM

As Tom celebrated, Daisy shrank further into the shadows. Feeling scared and awkward all at the same time. Thankfully, Skylee was very kind. When she asked how Daisy was doing, Daisy smiled... but shrugged. She scooted closer to Skylee, when she noticed some rather seedy looking men watching her and Skylee. Daisy did her best not to panic, she turned away from them and stared at her feet.

That turned out to be a huge mistake! Her lack of confidence made her seem like the perfect victim... and much to Daisy's chagrin, a sleazy man started to approach her. Daisy started shaking but she kept staring at her feet, trying her best to avoid all contact. The man smiled at Daisy and when Daisy finally looked up from the ground, he winked at her.

"Bartender...!" He called, "I'm going to buy this lovely lady a drink." Daisy's heart raced and she felt like she was going to pass out. It started to feel like she was trapped in the beginnings of a nightmare. Daisy shook her head, but the bartender seemed more engaged with the man than with her. After all, the bartender was only focused on getting paid, as he should be. Daisy attempted to shoot closer to Skylee, but the man grabbed her hand and immediately, Daisy's focus was on this strange bastard.

"You're a pretty one, my dear..." He kissed Daisy's hand and she tried to recoil. His scruffy beard didn't feel comfortable against the skin of her hand. "Let's say we get out of this dull place?" He was obviously drunk. Daisy shook her head vigorously, but that didn't stop the man from making advances towards her.

This was exactly what Daisy feared... She knew Tom was kind and would never let anyone hurt her... But Tom was busy. dancing and partying. He was a celebrity and she was... nobody. Daisy jerked her hand away from the man, frantically, she moved away from both Skylee and the man and made her way towards Tom.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-27-2018, 06:38 AM

Skylee glared at the guy, her blue eyes cold as ice as she moved to protect Daisy. She watched in surprise and worry as Daisy raced off towards Tom, wondering if she should go after the poor girl. "Seriously dude? Can't you take a hint?" Skylee growled at the drunk man. "She wasn't interested and you were making her uncomfortable." She wasn't even thinking or worrying if the man could be a mean drunk; she was mad as all get out at him. "Learn to understand the meaning of the word NO!"

Sam had pushed off the bar and followed behind Daisy, not interfering but just making sure no other sleazes or creeps intercepted her on her path to Tom. He didn't know the quiet girl that well but he was a gentleman and had a good heart. He couldn't stand it if something happened to her and his broad shoulders and lumbering height made any other guy think twice about approaching Daisy.

Kory

Old 06-27-2018, 08:32 PM

Daisy hid behind Tom, still turning her head to see the man who tried to hook up with her. Tom didn't see Daisy behind him and nearly tripped over her , at first. Then he looked at Daisy, he started to smile, but Daisy looked flustered and scared, so Tom's smile faded and he asked, "What's wrong, Daisy?"

But Daisy was too shy to say much. She simply pointed to the man who was harassing her and Tom understood. He immediately wrapped his arms around Daisy and pulled her into a hug. "Let me take care of it." He patted Daisy's back reassuringly. Tom noticed that as he was making his way to the man, Sam was making his way towards he and Daisy. Tom smiled at him. It was nice to know that there was still gentlemen in the world.

Tom saw that the man Daisy pointed to looked... well, rather violent. The man scoffed at Skylee's words, ignoring her completely as he walked away from the bar to follow Daisy. Clearly, this man was hammered and he had only one focus in mind... The man didn't stop to notice Sam or Tom approaching him. He stood no chance of hurting Daisy, but to Tom, he still felt like a threat.

"Listen, sir... I think you'd better leave." Tom said in a stern voice. "We don't want any trouble."

But the man, once again, scoffed at his words and said, "Who are you? Her pimp?!" Tom sighed and said again,

"Please, sir... I don't think she wants to be bothered by you." Tom stood his ground, but the drunk man started to push Tom out of the way to get to Daisy... It happened so fast, Tom had to protect Daisy...! He took a swing at the man, and punched in square in the side of his jaw.

Daisy gasped; caught off-guard by Tom's actions. The drunk man attempted to fight back, but was swiftly taken away by security officers (who'd been called as soon as t he bartender realized the man had too much to drink). Daisy shook nervously as Tom made his way back to her,

"Are you alright?" He asked. Daisy nodded. She felt safe. "Thank you." She said to Sam, Tom and Skylee. She was glad to have such caring new friends... Tom gently rubbed circles in the small of Daisy's back and she melted at his touch. The entire situation made her think of a time when she was small... Except, no one was there to protect her. Her biggest fear was that she'd be caught alone without any protection and she'd be hurt again. She wanted to trust Tom that he wouldn't let that happen... but her fears were much stronger than her common sense.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 07-29-2018, 02:22 AM

(I am so sorry friend. It happened again and I got busy with life and forgot to check Mene. It find myself spending less time on my laptop and more on my phone, though I should see how Mene loads on my phone sometime.)

Skylee was surprised to see Tom hit the man though she didn't blame him at all; in fact if Tom hadn't, she probably would have hit the creep. She smiled at Daisy, returning the girl's gratitude with a 'don't worry about it.' Her blue eyes wandered around the bar that was starting to get crowded and she was quickly getting the desire to get out of there.

"Why don't we get out of here, maybe go find somewhere a little quieter," Sam said as if reading Skylee's mind and she quickly agreed. After all, though none of them approached, she could feel the eyes of several other guys on her and it gave her the shivers. Plus she was shaking a bit as the adrenaline rush was wearing off.

Besides now that it was wearing off; she found old memories that she didn't want to remember, fighting to resurface. Skylee knew well what it was like to deal with men who saw women as weak and didn't understand the meaning of the word 'no,' or at the very least didn't think that it applied to them. And she desperately didn't want to relive the memories trying to arise in her head; feared what would happen if she did. She might well just fall apart into a shaking, bawling mess and she for sure didn't want Sam to see that or be subjected to it. After all he was such a sweet soul with a good heart and she was sure he would feel the need to get involved. It would devastate Skylee if Sam ended up hurt because of her and her demons.

Kory

Old 08-13-2018, 03:21 AM

((That's alright! :D I've been SUPER busy lately, so I haven't had much time to really read and post. :'( ))

Daisy nodded at Skylee's suggestion to find a quieter place. Of course, Tom agreed. "Yes, I think that'd be great." Tom's hand slipped away from the small of Daisy's back, to grab at her hand by her side. It made Daisy feel a mixture of things; scared, safe... protected... Daisy's hand stayed limp as Tom pulled it closer to him, making his way out of the karaoke bar and back into the long walkway that lead deeper into the bowels of the ship.

"Um.." Daisy stared at her feet, her hand still limp in Tom's. "I could get something to eat..." Daisy said in a very low and soft voice. She didn't really expect anyone to have heard her. But, to her surprise, Tom did.

"I don't mind getting a spot of tea." Tom shot a smile at Daisy, who immediately looked at her feet again. She thought to herself, God! Why am I so weird?! She opened her mouth to say something along the lines of, Only if you want to- But her thoughts were interrupted by a shriek coming from across the walkway...

Much to Daisy's horror, a fan of Tom's approached them...

"Oh my god! Can we please get a photo?!" One girl asked. Daisy slipped her hand out of Tom's and slowly crept back into his shadow. The girls were touching him, grabbing at her clothes and tugging at his hands. Tom was flustered as he tried to reach back for Daisy. Being the polite man that he was, he didn't want to say 'no'. One of the girls, who wasn't all that impressed with Tom Hiddleston apologized; saying, "I'm sorry... She didn't take her medicine today." Tom couldn't tell if it was a joke or not.

"I'm... actually preoccupied right now, ladies..." He said honestly, but before he was able to turn around and see Daisy, a camera was held over his face and the picture was taken with very little warning. The girls didn't seem to hear a single thing Tom had said. Within a few moments, they were smiling and walking away, not even saying 'thank you'.

Tom sighed... It was hard to always be a gentleman when there were such rude people on earth. He turned around to look behind him and saw Daisy hiding in his shadow. She wasn't looking at him, instead, her eyes were focused on a random spot on the floor. Truthfully, Daisy felt embarrassed to be around Tom. He was a radiant creature... Nothing short of a GOD@ And here she was... a random nobody.

"I'm sorry about that." He said to his friends. Daisy finally looked up at him, only to turn her head away quickly.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 08-15-2018, 01:27 AM

Sky was startled by the excited girls and unconsciously stepped back away from the chaos. Her back connected with a solid wall of muscle and she felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her. She looked up into Sam's quizzical eyes that silently asked if she was okay. She nodded before turning her gaze towards Daisy.

Sam's grip stopped her when she started to step towards the girl and she looked up at Sam curiously. He nodded towards Tom who was already moving towards the other girl. Sky's eyes were pulled away from the couple by several other girls running up to Sam and asking for a picture.

Sky couldn't help the soft giggle when she watched Sam blush lightly and shyly at their attention. Her mirth died seconds later when one of the girl glared at her moments after informing Sam that she was in love with him and they were meant to be together. Sky felt the words like a punch to her heart and stepped back with an involuntary gasp.

She wasn't sure why the words hurt; well if she was honest with herself she knew why they hurt. She was falling madly in love with the sweet, tall, gentle giant of a man. She could feel her heart breaking at the reminder that this was all a sham, just a stunt for publicity. She whirled and walked away, feeling crowded and in need of an escape before she lost control of her emotions.