Airll
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-23-2007, 05:17 AM

I made a topic like this in the Art Discussion on Gaia, and it got to around 6 pages or more n-n

My title was "WTF is that!?"
But I won't it on here~
I like Mene~ <3

Anyways, looking back on your old drawings, or maybe your first drawings, doesn't that make you laugh? It makes some cry or laugh really hard. I get rather disgusted, I'm like "Ewww, that is so ugly!" My friends always say that I draw good, but what do they know about art and drawing? xD

I remember this one drawing, the head was GIGANTIC compared to the body. >>; Everything became smaller and smaller. o-o'

But it's good to look back on old art~ <333 Why? Because you can see how much you've improved and how good you are now~ n_______n~

Phwee! Now tell me about you and your past drawings~ xD<333

Equivalent Exchange
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 AM

Yes, I do believe I want to throw up when I see my old works. I'm never satisfied with my work though, even now. I look at my new and old work- and somehow comparing them makes both look even worse. ;-;

Airll
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunneechan
Yes, I do believe I want to throw up when I see my old works. I'm never satisfied with my work though, even now. I look at my new and old work- and somehow comparing them makes both look even worse. ;-;
Aww! Ya' know, at times, when I've recently finished a chibi, I think that I could do better and at times I don't like them at all. xD But I guess, that could just be me. :B

InSaneWeTrust
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to InSaneWeTrust Send a message via MSN to InSaneWeTrust

Old 08-24-2007, 04:06 AM

I remember doing that all the time when my friend and I where crazy about sailor moon and we;d always draw the characters xD
They were awful but we wouldn't notice it till the next time we decided to draw and then compared the old and new xDD

Suki_Daiyo4
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 AM

I actually came across a large majority of my drawings from 2003, and to be honest they aren't necessarily bad.

Like, certainly they lack a lot of the qualities that I have now but what does that show other than your improvement over the past few years?

I used to say "damn, my art from back then is horrible, I hate it so much how could people think it was good?" but it was. It was good for my skill level then, as is my artwork good for my skill level now. XD

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 AM

I just did a small mini-gallery wipe. Man, I sucked. Hahha.

Socks
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Socks

Old 08-24-2007, 01:58 PM

I used to suck.
I drew the head 3 times as big as it should be- the eyes taking up the size of their feet or something, the nose a tiny dot, and their mouth an O or something.
And I drew the feet sticking out, like any kid would do.
And no boobs, I was "embarrassed" or something.
So anyways, I can say I've improved, which I have, because I used to reference from Sailor moon and pokemans - combined.
But it's good to look back. I've improved.

Airll
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-25-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaneWeTrust
I remember doing that all the time when my friend and I where crazy about sailor moon and we;d always draw the characters xD
They were awful but we wouldn't notice it till the next time we decided to draw and then compared the old and new xDD
I know! xD It's really funny at times. ~___~

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 PM

I do that a lot, even with art that’s as recent as a year or a few months ago. Lately I’ve been really big on trying to get everything to look right in a drawing and I do think that I’m getting better and better each time I draw. I think everyone goes through something like that where they realize how good their work looks compared to earlier on.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 08-26-2007, 01:46 AM

I've noticed, though - the better I get, the worse I realize I am. Like, when I was young, in middle school, I thought I was amazing. Now, I look back, and I realized I had no sense of color or anatomy or even how to make anime look good. Now, like, I know I've gone pretty far, but like, I look at everything I do, and I'm not satisfied! I can see so many mistakes and I'm just like "it doesn't look like how I wanted it to!"