p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-20-2014, 05:45 PM

Crystal Cove Mysteries
This is a private role-play between Immy and p o p p e t ♥.

Unless you are Immy or Poppy, you cannot post.
We will not use this space for any further public information.

Reserved space for important things to remember in the play/links to important posts.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-20-2014, 05:46 PM

Poppet's Characters

Quote:

Elaine Windsor
People call me Ellie, Ella or Ells and sometimes Laine or Lainey.
I am heterosexual (though young enough to experiment).
I am 18 years old.
Physical description: 5'4" with sky blue eyes and strawberry red hair that reaches the bottom of her shoulder blades. She has no piercings or tattoos to ruin her perfect and fair skin, but has one heart shaped birthmark on her upper left shoulder blade. She has a very feminine figure with a tiny waste and appropriate curves and long model-like legs. Ella is always up on the latest fashions and never dressed in anything less than designer names, since that's what her parents insist on. But, since she's very down to earth for being born with a golden and diamond encrusted spoon in her mouth, she never holds herself above anyone else and is very generous as far as lending out her clothes, accessories and fashion advice.

Personality description: Ella is trusting, enthusiastic, and kind. But is also a little bit ditzy, pretty wacky and at times love-struck. She falls into love easily and devotedly. She fawns over anything cute, shiny, fluffy or designer. Despite being fabulously wealthy, she does not have the same snobby or vain personality that her parents and siblings have. She is always the helpless damsel-in-distress and a bit of a klutz, getting caught by the monster/villain on most occasions. She has an unhealthy addiction to spearmint chewing gum and is allergic to shellfish

‡ My story;

Ella was born and raised in Crystal Cove by adoring and extremely rich parents who have their hands in most of Crystal Cove's businesses, owning a large majority of them. Her mother is fabulously beautiful, and her father is dashingly handsome. They've both been known to be begged into modeling and movie gigs and are well known by all. They're even friends with higher ups such as the president!

Ellie lives in a large mansion in Crystal Cove, with her parents and four older and insanely successful sisters Emily, Estella, Elizabeth and Eloise; the scientist, the actress, the doctor and the engineer. They all share the same long legs, fair skin, blue eyes and strawberry red hair with their mother. Their father on the other hand, has blonde hair and a darker shade of blue eyes with a natural tan.

Ella's parents are constantly trying to get her to branch out and, away, from the mystery gang to become more like her sisters, but she loves her friends and solving mysteries, and perhaps even more than those things, a particular someone in the gang. They've all been friends since childhood, and Ella couldn't imagine ever breaking up or moving away. They couldn't function without each other, even her, the one who doesn't really contribute much aside from looking pretty.

Ell wants to change that though. She knows there's more to herself than good genes, and being monster bait, and she's going to prove it.

Quote:

Samantha Poole
People call me Samantha, Sam or Sammy.
I am heterosexual.
I am 18 years old.
Physical description: 5'3" with hazel-brown eyes and long brown hair that's always in need of a brush, though she usually wears it up in a ponytail or braid. She has average skin with freckles spotting her whole body, though almost not even noticeably. She has no piercings or tattoos, because she's too logical to do such a thing. While she seemingly has no figure, it's because of her clothing choice. She does have somewhat of a feminine figure underneath that, 'style' of hers, it's just not noticeable. She wears big thick-rimmed glasses and finds makeup to be bothersome.

Personality description: Sam is the smartest member of the group. She strongly believes in finding proof and evidence before determining something is real. She has also been described as somewhat of a "computer whiz", and a "nerd", and is very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and research. Sam takes great pride in being the smartest girl in town and likes to show it off, always wondering why people don't see brains the way they should. She's a little bit cocky when it comes time for others to ask her advice or help. She's somewhat cynical in all other aspects though and has never had a boyfriend, much less a date or a first kiss. She doesn't mind though, it's because she's always been too busy focusing on her school work.

‡ My story;

Sam grew up in Crystal Cove with her best friends. She was always the smaller weird one who was more interested in doing experiments and taking notes. She never minded getting her hands dirty. She also was the last girl in her class to do any sort of growing or developing and while the other girls were obsessed with clothes and pop stars, Sam was busy learning and making her way to the top. Her mom and dad run the local Freak Museum, and she's often been the butt of many school jokes because of it. Her mom believes in the supernatural without evidence, and her father tends to just roll with it. They can both often be found attending comicons.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 07-20-2014 at 06:17 PM..

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 07-23-2014, 02:58 AM

Immy'sCharacters

Quote:

Ray Maxium
People call me Ray or Maxi
I am heterosexual
I am 19 years old.
Physical description: 5'8" with blue eyes and natural blonde hair. Light skin, no tattoos, athletically fit body. He loves to wear white and light blue clothing.

Personality description: Ray is extremely cunning and smart as shown by his excellence in trapping, although he does not seem to excel academically. He can be naive and oblivious at times especially when it comes to relationships. He is generally nice and innocent. When he's making traps he is very focused. Although he doesn't want to admit it he's in touch with his emotions.

My story; Ray is named after his "fake father" Ray Maxium Sr., the previous mayor of Crystal Cove. Ray Maxium Sr. took him from his real parents at an early age to keep them away from Crystal Cove and the treasure and raised him as his father and told him that his mother died when he was young. Ray Maxium Sr. was very critical on Ray. Upon Ray Maxium Sr. arrest he revealed this information and Ray left to go find his real parents Christopher Canson and Amelia Wilhelm. When he returns to Crystal Cove he reunites with his real parents but later learns they were only using him to get close to the planaspheric disc and decides to leave them.

Ray is addicted to traps to a point of flaw. His room is decorated with trap paraphenelia and trapping magazines and he has extensive knowledge on the subject. He can go so far as putting traps ahead of people in importance. Trapping is apparentally hereditarty as his parents are also experts on traps.
Quote:

William Jax Christophers (and Charm aka Charmy - chocolate lab)
‡ People call me Jax or Jaxi
‡ I am Pansexual
‡ I am 20 years old.
‡ Physical description: 6"0, skinny, but not athletically thin with messy light brown or dirty blonde hair past his ears and hazel-brown eyes. Doesn't tend to care how he looks with his usual appearance in baggy jeans (brown pants or blue jeans) for comfort and a baggy green t-shirt with regular sneakers. A relaxed appearance.

‡ Personality description: He is a comical member of the gang who prefers to be eating rather than going on mysteries. He is lovable and goofy and very cowardly often scared by everything. He can very easily be distracted by his love for food and friendship with his pet and friend. He can be also be as easily scared as he is hungry, both traits he shares with his pet.

‡ My story; Before his own boss was put in jail, he delivered newspapers around his neighborhood. Like his older self, he dislike mysteries entirely and prefer the joys of a normal boy and his dog. These activities included eating, reading comic books, dressing up like his hero Captain Planet, and watching TV. Jax has learned how to play the guitar and has the ability to throw his voice to confuse others.

Charmy is a female chocolate lab who loves to eat everything in her sight. She is a very active dog and has learned to speak thanks to her master and those around her giving her a lot of love. Charmy has grown up with Jax since he was little and she is still outliving most pets because of how she is raised.

Last edited by Immy; 07-23-2014 at 03:01 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Elaine was sitting on her king sized canopy bed for a castle, blowing on her wet fingernails. A lovely shade of rose pink. "I don't know, Sam," she said, "Who could be breaking into the local stores at night stealing the town's measly souvenirs? What would anybody even want them for?"

Sam was sitting at Elaine's desk on her own laptop reading articles about the break-ins. "I don't know," she said in a nasally and monotone, yet somehow feminine voice. "But Ray's dad sure looks like he's loving the publicity." Sam turned the computer so the photo could be seen.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to catch the perpetrator in the act," Sam said. Elaine laced her fingers together and brought them up to her face to rest her cheek on them. "Don't worry Sam," she said. "Ray will think of something," she added dreamily.

Sam tried not to roll her eyes. "Of course we will," Sam said, returning her attention to the laptop. A moment later Elaine's mom knocked on the door, before inviting herself in. "Laney!" she said cheerily. "I had the chef prepare you and your friends some snacks," she said, wielding a large tray of finger sandwiches and lemonade.

"Thanks mom," Elaine said gratefully and just as cheery. The woman set the tray on the coffee table at the other end of Elaine's room by the love seat and two plush chairs. The bedroom was much more like a large living room, with a bed, closet and bathroom. The closet itself was another entire room. One could get lost for days inside it.

Elaine's mom stood there for a long moment watching them, surely wishing that Elaine would find some friends more interested in, well, anything but making traps and looking for dangerous criminals. Finally she smiled and excused herself, wishing the kids a good afternoon.

((I left it open for you to decide if your characters were already there, on their way, or anything else you'd rather do. :) ))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 08-05-2014 at 11:50 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 PM

Jax walked through the neighborhood as the evening was drawing closer to the night. Charmy was right by his side, but he still felt uneasy about walking to the Windsor's house with the sun setting. Charmy whined, she was quite a smart dog, smarter than most you would meet, and it was because she did everything her master did.

Walking along the sidewalk Jax heard something that sounded kind of eerie as if someone was watching them. Patting Charmy's head he reassured her "Don't worry girl, it's most likely is just an owl." sometimes he wondered if he was talking to calm himself down.

Charmy's ears lowered close to her head as a quiet rumbling sound filled the air. It was drawing closer little by little sending chills up their spines. Jax hunched his shoulders keeping close to Charmy until a sudden noise caught their attention. *BEEEEEEEEEEP* A horn sound went off behind them making Charmy jump in Jax' arms. "Eeeegaaaaad" Jax exclaimed as Charmy yelped

"Haha sorry Jax, Charmy, I didn't mean to scare you guys. Want a ride to Elaine's house?" Jax looked over at his dog and back at Ray "Yeah, sure" acting like they weren't spooked by the way Ray had driven up to them. They climbed into the car putting their seat belts on while Ray drives away.

Just a few streets away was Elaine's house as he pulled into the driveway with the old style van in which looked bad compared to the new beautiful cars surrounding them. As they made their way up to the house after turning the van's engine off, they were greeted, being led up to Elaine's room where the girls originally were.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 02:43 AM

After knocking, the butler allowed the boys into Ellie's room. Ellie and Sam had already moved to their spots on the plush furniture around the coffee table of snacks. Sam still had her laptop in her lap, open, and she was researching away.

"Hi guys!" Elaine said cheerfully, as always. She moved to scratch Charmy behind her ears lovingly. "Help yourselves to snacks," she said, though she was probably already too late in that sentiment for at least two of her current guests. Surely they would be pleased, as always. The Windsor's personal chef never let them down.

Sam pushed her glasses up on her nose. "Ray," she began, "Does your dad know anything about the recent thefts? Or does he just like the publicity?" Sam would never say it out loud, but she never really trusted Ray's dad, the mayor, fully. He liked the publicity of the ghouls and mysteries too much to want them all solved.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 PM

(Alright I got my room done finally, drawing will be later when I feel like it, for now let's get this started as far as my next post goes. My first post was a bit rush, forgive me, they always tend to turn out that way)

Jax' looked as happy as ever once he saw the food, he loved food to no end, and with his family metabolism there was nothing that could stop him from eating out an entire ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet. Knowing this wasn't a buffet or even close to one, he picked up a finger sandwich eating it rather quickly which was normal for Jax. Charmy looked over at the sandwich Jax picked up being his second one and while he was distracted saying his introductions to the girls, Charmy quickly snuck it out of his hand and ate it.

"Hey Sam, what are you looking up over there?" Jax' asked as if it wasn't already obvious, he went to take a bite out of his sandwich and almost bit his fingers then looked around him trying to see if he dropped it or not. "I don't know, all I know is things are happening, and rumors are being spread around. The best way to figure something like that out would be to go to the police station and look it up in the files itself." Ray suggested sitting next to Elaine smiling at her thinking she always looked like an angel. "Hows it going, Lainey?" Ray asked not wanting to be rude, this was her house after all, and no matter how he appeared to be. He had manners.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 09:20 PM

Sam shook her head as Jax searched for his missing sandwich. She was almost surprised that the pair hadn't both demolished all of the snacks and the tray by now. "I'm searching the missing souvenirs to see if there's any correlation between them, as well as hacking the local hotel and realtor databases to see if there's anyone new in town."

The nasally and smart member of the group who was often mistaken for being in her early teens could hack just about anything. For now, this is where she was starting. She pushed her glasses up on her nose, and pushed the sleeves up to her over sized hoodie as she lost herself to her research again.

Meanwhile, Ellie had laughed at the duo's sandwich skit. They often made her giggle at their antics, and she was always glad for their comical relief in sticky situations. Ellie was a lighthearted girl though, and often found many things funny, or dreamy, rarely looking on the negative side of anything.

"Hi Ray," Ellie said dreamily, twirling a piece of strawberry hair around her finger when he addressed her. She just loved the way he said her name. "I think going down to the station is a great idea," she said, still smiling dreamily.

"Yeah," Sam said, looking up from her laptop. "Except none of the local police like when we show up down there." That much was true. For being a small group of young adults who often solved the mysteries of the town that the incompetent sheriff couldn't, they were certainly looked down upon; treated as children who were always in the way.

"Can you hack their database?" Ellie asked Sam. Sam sighed, "No. I could, eventually. It would just take a long time. Much longer than it would to drive down there and check it out ourselves." She said it with a hint of frustration. So it was settled then, they'd all take a trip down to the station.

Elaine stood from her spot and adjusted her short plaid skirt over sheer black tights. She wore fashionable black lace up boots and a long white-sleeved shirt. All designer, of course. Though Ellie couldn't have cared less about the label on her clothes, unlike the rest of her family.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-10-2014, 12:44 AM

Jax shook his head "I don't think that's a good idea, we get caught every time we are there, and then kicked out again. What makes you think this time is any different?" Jax picked up a couple sandwiches stacking two on top of each other taking a bite out of them reaching over for his drink which was already gone. Jax couldn't remember drinking it "Hey now Charmy, stop that" he laughed finishing his sandwiches.

Ray nodded "Sounds like a great idea, come on they should be closed now which would give us time to get some information on the rumors." Ray stood up watching Charmy hop to her feet as well as Jax "We can take the van" not thinking about how easy it would be to spot the gang in a recognizable van that would stick out.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-10-2014, 04:35 AM

Sam closed the laptop and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "Jax is right," she said, nasally. "But it's our only current option." She slid the laptop onto the table beside the snacks. Sam stood too, straightening out her own outfit of a hoodie and a pair of skinny jeans with converse.

"Yeah," Ellie said, "and Ray is right. The only portion of the police department that's open at night is the jail house and emergency call desk. It should be a piece of cake Jax." She smiled cheerily and followed Ray to the van, Sam close behind. They all piled in, the girls up front with Ray as always.

"Park around the side of the building," Sam said as they drew near. Once inside, the gang would find that they weren't the only ones sneaking around the closed portion of the police department at night.

((I didn't want to advance the story too much, since I don't know your style or preferences yet. I was assuming they'd get chased out by a janitor who the next day they find out doesn't actually work there, and the files are missing, though they weren't the ones who took them. Sam should be able to look him up and find that he's a criminal. But we can get to that in a few posts. ))

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 02:37 PM

(I like that idea and as long as the privilege isn't abused, i dont mind speeding something up or allowing my characters to go along with something)

Before they left Jax and Charmy had gobbled down the rest of the snacks as well as the drinks. Ray drove the way there and parked a little bit away from the station "Okay here's the plan, we get in to get what we need, and we get out without being caught"

Jax shook his head "I don't think it's going to be that easy, but it's your call man" always the laid back type, but easy to be frightened, Jax along with Charmy followed the gang out of the van and down to the station. "Now stay quiet, everyone. Charmy and Jax you guys keep look out, Ellie, Sam you two come with me" he waved forward moving to the door opening it with a key he had luckily he had Sam make a duplicate of awhile back.

Jax looked at Charmy "I guess it's just you and me girl. Come on let's see if we can do something right and find some clues this time" after the others went in, the two of them went another way to try and help the team with what they could. They were great at distractions just by using their non-wits.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 08-14-2014, 04:06 PM

Ellie watched Ray dreamily as he told them of the plan. Sam sighed and mentally shook her head at her strawberry headed friend. That was always the plan. It wasn't a very detailed plan. They worked as an efficient until together, so a detailed plan wasn't actually necessary, but still, Ellie watched him like he was some kind of mastermind, or genius or something.

"Good luck," Sam said to Jax and Charmy before following Ray and Ellie inside. They were in a short hall, with two doors on each side. The end of the hall split and went in opposite directions. The hall to the right, would lead them down to the jail and emergency desk. They didn't want to go down that route.

Sam opened the first door to the left. "It might be better if we don't all search the same filing cabinet," she said, hinting that they could technically split up if they wanted to. She walked inside and began opening drawers and flipping through folders. Ellie remained in the hall.

She would go in with Sam, follow Ray, or split off into a room of her own. Though she had a mind of her own, she liked when Ray took charge. She would wait and let him decide what he expected of the group. She waited there with her hands on her hips, her usual waiting stance.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-22-2014, 06:57 PM

(alright let's get to posting while the floor dries and I'm eating my pizza rolls)

Jax and Charmy walked one way to make sure no one would be around while the others would look for the clues. Sure they didn't have much to do themselves, but they never really cared about doing the work. "Maybe we can find some clues by our self girl" Charmy looked up at him making a sound that almost sounded like "Yea"

Ray lead them towards the main chief's office looking at the lock then testing the knob to see if it was unlocked. The old wooden door opened without a budge and silently opened. Lucky for them it didn't make a creaking sound when it opened, otherwise if anyone was inside the place then they would probably know someone else was in there. The room was dark with a desk on the right and papers laying on top of it.

Probably unsolved cases and those they were looking into even though they were most likely considered on ice or dead frozen. Which normally meant they couldn't be solved. That wouldn't stop someone from looking through them though from time to time ago trying to find new ways to solve them.

"I'll search the desk" thinking that Sam could search the old computer sitting on the piled up desk. There were papers here and there, an empty coffee foam cup, and a light that was off. Shutting the door after the girls went into the room with him, he walked over to the desk beginning to flip through them.