Head Librarian
Reading is fundamental
NPC

Old 09-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Hey Health Nuts! Talk about your workout and newest diet here!

Possible topics for conversation include:
  • Your workout routines and favorite exercise plans
  • Advice and tips for staying active
  • Your fitness goals and accomplishments
  • Motivation to keep up your exercise plan
  • Your personal experience with medical problems and diagnoses
  • Advice for dealing with medical issues and disabilities

Please remember that you should never take medical advice from a stranger online. If you are dealing with a serious health issue, it is best to consult a doctor. Seeking advice in this forum is not a replacement for getting an actual medical exam. Users here are encouraged to provide support for one another, but remember that the vast majority are unlicensed and can only provide amateur advice based on their own experiences. Do not start a new diet or fitness regime without checking with your doctor first.

Menewsha does not condone the promotion of eating disorders or pro-ana imagery. There are no quick fixes in weight loss. Remember that not every diet is healthy or beneficial to your body. If you are going to discuss weight loss, it is important to do so in an educated and conscientious manner.

If you ever feel as though you are in danger and need immediate help, please turn to the Crisis Counseling Center for a list of available hotlines.

Kylie
The Original Angel - Member 620

Old 09-20-2013, 03:31 AM

Can I do an AMA about sports medicine? :3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-20-2013, 10:19 PM

Kylie: Yes, go ahead! Keep in mind that you might want to include a quick blurb about what an AMA is, as not many are familiar with the concept.

Kylie

Old 09-21-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Kylie: Yes, go ahead! Keep in mind that you might want to include a quick blurb about what an AMA is, as not many are familiar with the concept.
I forget some parts of the internet are not yet corrupted and assimilated into Reddit like I am. FREEE MEEEEEEE....

I'll see if I can't drum up more interest in the coming weeks by being active on this forum. It's one of the few things I REALLY know, since I've been doing physical fitness since I was 11, and got certified through NASM just recently.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-22-2013, 07:13 AM

This is probably okay to do, but I'm going to ask anyway (lol): Would a personal fitness/health - diary/journal fit in here? o.o that details my personal health/fitness struggles and successes? O.o So, people can motivate me and be motivated by me or something lol (or determined not to be like me! xD).

Kylie

Old 09-22-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenaHikari View Post
This is probably okay to do, but I'm going to ask anyway (lol): Would a personal fitness/health - diary/journal fit in here? o.o that details my personal health/fitness struggles and successes? O.o So, people can motivate me and be motivated by me or something lol (or determined not to be like me! xD).
Yes, absolutely. (not official but I'd endorse the crap out of it and give tips)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-22-2013, 11:14 PM

GwenaHikari:

Yes, that would be totally fine

Kylie

Old 09-22-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
GwenaHikari:

Yes, that would be totally fine
Officialitizeded.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 AM

I'm SO excited for this!! I kept a Mene blog on my deit for a while but then stopped. I love that this give me a great reason to start keeping track again. I'm pretty sure I've slipped a bit since I haven't been keeping a strict count.