Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM

x3 No prob! <3

Mahinva
Dead Account Holder

I agree. Well, I recall using version 2 once, and now I've got 4.5 - the tool settings are laid out differently so I'm basically looking at the program through new eyes. This is what I was able to come up with in about 15-20 minutes of doodling:

Didn't really modify any brushes aside from their size. Hopefully I'll improve... also think I should check out Painter again. I remember reading that Painter is the best graphic program for stimulating mediums - don't know if that still holds true, though.

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahinva
I agree. Well, I recall using version 2 once, and now I've got 4.5 - the tool settings are laid out differently so I'm basically looking at the program through new eyes. This is what I was able to come up with in about 15-20 minutes of doodling:

Didn't really modify any brushes aside from their size. Hopefully I'll improve... also think I should check out Painter again. I remember reading that Painter is the best graphic program for stimulating mediums - don't know if that still holds true, though.
Aww!!!! >w< SO KAWAII! TwT

Painter is the best for shading I suppose. ^^

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2007, 03:47 PM

@Mahinva: That's really really cute. <3333

Phenomenon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM

Both arts are soooo cute <3!

Mahinva
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 PM

Temmon and Flying Wings, thank you both. ^^;

Flying Wings: Ah, interesting. I must see if I can find a copy. I really need to make some actual art again. @ @ Need... brai-.... practice... :lol:

Phenomenon: Thank you too! XD

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM

@Mahinva: xD Now I remember why your name looked kinda familiar. ^^ I posted in your thread in Fresh Meat.

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Thanks! x3
Pheny, I'm going to do you first cause Shakeh won't change her hair. ;__;

Mahinva
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Yes, yes you did! ^___^

I've been wandering around the site, getting to familiarize myself with things. I've met some really nice people already; what a great community! :D

Swansong
The mene ditcher

Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM

I forgot to mention this before! But could you leave the carnival pen off my pic?

Mah-
OMG How cute is the cotten candy covered piccy you drew XDXD

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

That's good. ^^ I'm glad you're having a good time. The people here are really awesome. <3

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ

Quote:
Temmon and Flying Wings, thank you both. ^^;

Flying Wings: Ah, interesting. I must see if I can find a copy. I really need to make some actual art again. @ @ Need... brai-.... practice... :lol:

Phenomenon: Thank you too! XD
xD You can open up an art shop! <3
Manhinva other post-I know! <3

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2007, 03:59 PM

You ought to open up a shop, Mahinva. I'd prolly buy something. ^^

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ

Finished the lineart! <3 Now to take a picture of it. :3

Swansong
The mene ditcher

I'd buy something too~! You draw well!

Mahinva
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 PM

Swansong: Thanks; I made it for Basket of Luff's Beach House charity thread for the Summer Carnival. I hope I made plenty of people laugh with it :D!

Temmon: Yes, this reminds me of Gaia, back in 2003. I just hope it stays a well-knit community, but grows large with good folk! ^_^ I wish I found out about it a lot sooner, but I've never successfully found a new community site through Google. ><

Flying Wings: Really? I mildly contemplated it... Perhaps I need to rethink that option. I don't think that picture on page 2 could get more than 25 gold, based on the economy. I'd definitely need to step up on quality. I really like your art though; clean and simple, with a large helping of cute mixed in. XD

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Swansong: Thanks; I made it for Basket of Luff's Beach House charity thread for the Summer Carnival. I hope I made plenty of people laugh with it :D!

Temmon: Yes, this reminds me of Gaia, back in 2003. I just hope it stays a well-knit community, but grows large with good folk! ^_^ I wish I found out about it a lot sooner, but I've never successfully found a new community site through Google. ><

Flying Wings: Really? I mildly contemplated it... Perhaps I need to rethink that option. I don't think that picture on page 2 could get more than 25 gold, based on the economy. I'd definitely need to step up on quality. I really like your art though; clean and simple, with a large helping of cute mixed in. XD[/url]
Well, 25 gold is a lot! <3 It's a chibi so it wouldn't cost too much. ^^

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM

:3 I wasn't on Gaia in 2003, but from what I've heard it's similar. I hope that it doesn't get all the problems that Gaia has, though. xp

xD It's hard to find them. Unless you manage to find a listing of them. I only know about 5, and this is the only one I like. ^^

:3 Make an auction to see what people'd pay for your art? But that one is really simplistic if extraordinarily cute. xD

Mahinva
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Flying Wings: Yes, that is true - it took me a while to make my first 25 gold. That card game is evil to me, so it didn't help! XD I am glad that the economy doesn't appear to be inflated yet, aside from that one auction I was reading about. Hopefully things will stay reasonable. So much catching up to do with those donation items... x o;;

Temmon: I joined Gaia in June of 2003 and it was starting to get 'busy' there, in my opinion. The forums were starting to get full of spam and whatnot which hopefully won't be the case here. *Crosses fingers.* I know of serveral, but the prospect of starting over and not being able to donate actual money has kept me away. With Menewsha, being greeted at the Fresh Meat forum and running into nice people straight away has kept me here.

^_^ That is a good idea, for the auction. I think that that chibi turned out so cute because she's only got cotton candy to cover her. I anticipate that any clothed avatar would look a lot different. I will certainly try to put together a few examples to see if I can get something going - thank you for the suggestion! <3

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Gold earning is slow here if you don't donate for CI's. @_@ Or unless you have a huge hoard of items. xp Don't trust the cards! They'll eat all your moneys!

It was really inflated for awhile. The VDay hairpins were going for 92k each. @_@ But thanks to Aeris and Magaly, everything's been deflating hugely. xD Donation items haven't been inflating too badly, at least.

:3 I like the very anti-spam policies here. ^^ And the no bumping.

<3 Glad I could help keep you on. xD

I scout the art forums randomly. I'll prolly grab something of yours when you get your shop up. ^^

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 PM

Okiedokey! I changed my hair <3 Sorry for the late reply hun Dx

I have to go now, but I'll be back on later! <33

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [.Shake.Yo.Money.Makah.
]Okiedokey! I changed my hair <3 Sorry for the late reply hun Dx

I have to go now, but I'll be back on later! <33
Tis alright! ^^

I'm going to be working on Pheny's art. <3

Mahinva
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-01-2007, 04:22 PM

Temmon: 92k?! I don't even think anyone has that much gold! That's horrid; but good to hear that there are people working against it :) I was hoping to find a game to help, but Descender seemed to go out of operation a few weeks before I joined. :\

The anti-spam policies are only good as long as there is enough folk to maintain them. I haven't viewed the members list, but it seems there are enough people around to help watch over the current population. That is a very good thing!

Thank you indeed, again and again, for talking to me yesterday XD!

I would be very honored to serve your request, if/when I do get a shop going. I wish I could've hit the ground running but I did not anticipate myself sticking around so there was no game plan.

Phenomenon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-01-2007, 04:23 PM

I'm back, I was playing patience xD.

Swansong
The mene ditcher

Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Sorry I'm posting so spaced out, I'm working on my freebies too ^w^, But I want to help support your thread by posting (So forgive me if I attempt to jump into conversations without knowing whats actually going on).

*nibbles on some cotton candy*