Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-30-2016, 01:53 AM

Maaan, toxic/abusive relationships are complicated, but in this situation I think there was definitely some aspect of abuse on both parts. Lapis says that she enjoyed taking her anger out on Jasper, but Jasper was clearly gaslighting Lapis as well. So I don't think either of them are free of guilt really.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-05-2016, 10:29 PM

I really like Bismuth, it makes me sad that she got rebubbled and tried to hurt steven and everything. I really hope that we see her again and she becomes a redeemable character. I feel like steven can get her to change and that he can get her to see things his way, because she said that he really was different from Rose when she got stabbed and poofed, I think steven is growing into a better person than Rose was.

I also really like What Rebecca Sugar is doing in showing all the characters grow up, like Steven grew up so much from episode one. At first he thought he had to be just like his mum because he blamed himself that Rose was gone and left them (at least I personally think he thought that for a while). Now he's growing so much though, and becoming his own person, and that's a really encouraging thing for young kids who watch the show. Just another way of the many the Rebecca has shown kids that they don't have to hold the expectations of their parents if they aren't the expectations that they wanted for themselves. That they don't have to everything that they thought they did, or everything that they were told they had to be. They can walk their own path and make their own choices.

I really love this show.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-05-2016, 11:11 PM

I really love this show as well. And I feel like since Steven's birthday they've been putting him in much more emotionally mature positions which is really interesting.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-06-2016, 09:27 PM

Yeah I agree, he's really had to make some tough choices that have greatly impacted the story line.