Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 PM

On G4TV that Sony has discontinued the 20 Gig PS3. I wonder if they did that in response to the Black XBOX 360 with a 120 Gig HD?

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-13-2007, 04:41 PM

Discontinued ? You means, stoped the production ? O.o Well, I suppose they weren't selling a lot of those anyway. The people who bought it already had enough money to bough the other one.

On the french launch day, there was only 100 PS3 selled... That was ridiculous... ^^;

How much was it in the other country ?

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainaSpirit
Discontinued ? You means, stoped the production ? O.o Well, I suppose they weren't selling a lot of those anyway. The people who bought it already had enough money to bough the other one.

On the french launch day, there was only 100 PS3 selled... That was ridiculous... ^^;

How much was it in the other country ?
Yep at least it'sthat way in the U.S. I think they sold a 1000 units.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 PM

I work in stock for a store and we've sold [i]maybe[i] 2 PS3s within the last 3-4 months. I wouldnt be surprised that they kill production since they are making little to no profit from the product. We've been over stocked on PS3's for some time while the Nintendo Wii sells out within hours of us opening in the mornings when we get shipments.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazaki
I work in stock for a store and we've sold [i]maybe[i] 2 PS3s within the last 3-4 months. I wouldnt be surprised that they kill production since they are making little to no profit from the product. We've been over stocked on PS3's for some time while the Nintendo Wii sells out within hours of us opening in the mornings when we get shipments.
I noticed the local Gamestop is offering bonuses. How is the XBOX 360 selling?

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm not surprised. Sales have been absolutely terrible for the system. If they dropped their prices or got some fucking awesome exclusive games for their system, Sony wouldn't be struggling as badly as they are now.

Silly Sony for holding off on the PS3 for so long. And not having that many good games out at the moment.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-13-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
I'm not surprised. Sales have been absolutely terrible for the system. If they dropped their prices or got some fucking awesome exclusive games for their system, Sony wouldn't be struggling as badly as they are now.

Silly Sony for holding off on the PS3 for so long. And not having that many good games out at the moment.
I thought they did drop the price.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:

haha....not even exclusive games would get me to pay $600 for that abomination of a console. Sad thing is I used to be a big backer of Sony, but after that pathetic attempt at handhelds with the PSP and then this. The company is sucking atm. As for dropping their price, highly doubt that since, as it is, itll take them years to rebound the cost of the r&d put into the system. Dropping the price would make it even longer a period. They took a gamble by putting in all their chips and just happen that the other companys had better hands.

XBox sales are ok, not huge but most that want them already have them. They sell once in a while, but over all sales for them is better then the PS3. What is doing good are the GameBoy DS, they sell very well. Great little things they are and seems all the kids want one too XD

SkyPirate
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2007, 06:26 PM

PS systems always have more than one version... I'm not getting one until the new one with less bugs comes out (not saying this one did have bugs, but I'm just trying to follow the trend)

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM

I think they did, minus in europe but it was lower for the others launch day. It was realeased 2 weeks ago in France only.
They are far from their benefice goal thing O.o I saw one game that looked like crap in a shop. A car thing O.o Never though that would be so pixeled...
My friend compliment the game showed on the near tv, thinking it was PS3............ and it was Wii.... and nintento is suppose to have to crapiest graphic. Anyway, We saw two other games that looked better ^^; Virtual tennis and another car thing with hummer ... ?
I suppose they are counting on the next game realese, like FF13

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Was doing a bit of looking up and the Euro versions of the PS3 lack some of the components that were released on the US version. Supposedly some of the reverse compatibility was removed as well as some other things. Wish I had a site I could cite for that info. If I can find it I'll link to it.

As for the FFXIII release, I dont foresee it being that special. Three versions, thats $150-180 US. Nothing I'd be willing to pay after having spent ~$600 on a console : / Tho that could just be me being me.

The one game I was looking forward to was Assassin's Creed. And then the exclusive was removed and was let out that it'll be on PC. So I already know that that's the system I'll be buying it for. hehe

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Well I do know that Devil May Cry 4 is going to the XBOX 360 and not the PS3.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

haha....not even exclusive games would get me to pay $600 for that abomination of a console. Sad thing is I used to be a big backer of Sony, but after that pathetic attempt at handhelds with the PSP and then this. The company is sucking atm. As for dropping their price, highly doubt that since, as it is, itll take them years to rebound the cost of the r&d put into the system. Dropping the price would make it even longer a period. They took a gamble by putting in all their chips and just happen that the other companys had better hands.

XBox sales are ok, not huge but most that want them already have them. They sell once in a while, but over all sales for them is better then the PS3. What is doing good are the GameBoy DS, they sell very well. Great little things they are and seems all the kids want one too XD
Pshaw. If God of War II was a PS3 release instead of PS2, I can see sales being a LOT higher. Lord knows I'd buy one just for that game.

But with the PS3 at the time being, I'm seeing Sega's tale retold. Great strong company, but then one bad console release and the company comes crashing down. Hell, Sony's probably seeing the same thing too- they've already announced that Devil May Cry 4 is going to be a multi-platform release. It's a real shame, too. After their first two systems being such great successes, this just makes me sad. ;_;

Maybe that's why I'm holding off on the console purchase- just to see who survives this.

@Kasumi- They did a little, but it's still a hefty chunk of money out of one's pocket.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM

So in a few years, say 5+, we'll see Sony as a game maker and Microsoft and Nintendo owning the console market. I wonder what the future holds if one of those two fails. Console war monopoly? XD

I cant think of a game that would be a breaking point for me to buy a ps3. Theres so many other things that are much more important then another console. Car, college, computer/laptop upgrades, survival....the list goes on. besides I have a PS2, Cube, SNES, Gameboy, and a few others, no need for another. XD

Jennger
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Jennger Send a message via MSN to Jennger Send a message via Yahoo to Jennger

Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 PM

Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a game I would get a ps3 for. xDBut other then that I really wouldn't get a ps3.

Hungry_Wolf
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Hungry_Wolf Send a message via MSN to Hungry_Wolf

Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 PM

What happens when KH3 is done then? Its not worth spending 600 dollars just to play one game. I don't think it ever will be unless its some +900 hour RPG with First Person Shooter, Third Person Melee and some sort of magic system that relies on complex movements of analog sticks or something.

If KH3 comes out on the PS3 then its too bad for it, If it doesn't get its act together now then it won't be able to hold out that long.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 PM

It might go to the Wii or the XBOX 360.

Kooky
Simply the Best~

Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi
On G4TV that Sony has discontinued the 20 Gig PS3. I wonder if they did that in response to the Black XBOX 360 with a 120 Gig HD?
i saw that on Attack of the Show, i believe they did that because of the price. i think they said something about them lowering the price on it by half or sumthin.. so changes must be made xD but i dont think tis will cause any future problems for the PS3

reign
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to reign Send a message via MSN to reign

Old 04-14-2007, 01:00 AM

the only thing about the ps3 is the price, and devoplers have been saying its harder to make games on the system then it is under the the xbox360, the wii having issues cause third party companies have to wait 3-6 months for a kit from them, and i really wanna see more games coming from good companies with fresh ideas too :o

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-14-2007, 04:00 AM

Quote:
So in a few years, say 5+, we'll see Sony as a game maker and Microsoft and Nintendo owning the console market. I wonder what the future holds if one of those two fails. Console war monopoly? XD
Someone new will rise to the event. It's happened. About ten years ago it was Sega vs. Nintendo, with little to no notice of Sony. About five years ago, it was Sony vs. Nintendo, and where was Microsoft in all this?

Companies rise, and they will inevitably fall. A shame, though. It's always my favorites that get mired in crap like this.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-14-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Someone new will rise to the event. It's happened. About ten years ago it was Sega vs. Nintendo, with little to no notice of Sony. About five years ago, it was Sony vs. Nintendo, and where was Microsoft in all this?

Companies rise, and they will inevitably fall. A shame, though. It's always my favorites that get mired in crap like this.
Yeah but the tides change and some just cant keep up. And I thought nintendo might have been the ones to fall out prior to the Wii sales vs PS3 sales. But I guess I was slightly off hehe.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 AM

I'm kinda of thought what others thought and that the Wii might have not done as well.

But then, with the PS3 prices, it does not surprise me. I mean. I still am a sony fan. Untill FF and KH switches systems, I'm probably going to stick with Sony, but i really want a Wii.

I have not really been paying any attention lately to the game world. I'm holding on and hoping for PS3 to come through.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
I'm kinda of thought what others thought and that the Wii might have not done as well.

But then, with the PS3 prices, it does not surprise me. I mean. I still am a sony fan. Untill FF and KH switches systems, I'm probably going to stick with Sony, but i really want a Wii.

I have not really been paying any attention lately to the game world. I'm holding on and hoping for PS3 to come through.
Well FF came out on the XBOX360.

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi
Well FF came out on the XBOX360.
Also note that that was only XI, as the PS couldnt support that type of online play or I bet it would be on there as well.

[-trekkie-]
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-14-2007, 04:38 PM

It's the price, really. The 360 has most of the same games (if not better ones) and, so far, performance has been fairly equal on both. There's just no reason to buy a PS3 when a 360 is so much cheaper.