Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-20-2007, 04:27 PM

• I don't know where my boyfriend was digging around to find this, but apparently Sony has lost the exclusive to Final Fantasy 13. xDDD
    Even though I'm slowly getting away from RPG's in general, that's still some of the best news I've heard in the gaming world recently. xDD

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 04-20-2007, 04:49 PM

Since they delayed the launch of the PS3 I don't think they need to keep the Exclusive Titles.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-20-2007, 05:10 PM

DAAAAAAAAAAMN

That's my response. XD

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 04-20-2007, 06:13 PM

Haha, it was bound to happen. Sony has lost almost all of their good exclusives to the Xbox 360. xD Like Devil May Cry and stuff. Well, that sucks for what people were planning on for the PS3 to work. People like Hideo Kojima was saying that he was expecting Final Fantasy to help out the sales of the PS3, even though MGS4 is coming out before it. xD Well, that means I guess, that perhaps the PS3 should have to come up with something big that would make people want it. :lol:

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 PM

The cost are getting to high for producer, I suppose. It was bound to happen. There was lots of rumors about producers avoiding excluviness as they wouldn't be able to make profit !
I heard they already lost exclusivity for Devil may cry !

Yuki Rosaro
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Yuki Rosaro

Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 PM

Do you have a reliable source to these rumours?

Too many over-eager 360 fanboys are running about spouting "*game title here* is no longer a PS3 exclusive!!". If it really was making the jump a big-name gaming website would of covered it.

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 PM

Well, there is this article.

http://www.psu.com/node/9798

I dunno. xD Part of the FF13 is not going to be sony exclusive, but the main game will be. :o

Yuki Rosaro
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Yuki Rosaro

Old 04-20-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooglebunny
Well, there is this article.

http://www.psu.com/node/9798

I dunno. xD Part of the FF13 is not going to be sony exclusive, but the main game will be. :o
Aaaaaaaah! You are talking about the branch games.

I have no clue what they are doing with them so I've got no comment on that. XD

Tazaki
*^_^*

Old 04-21-2007, 02:13 AM

Not surprising but with how they seem to be stretching the game title out. I forsee this being another bad idea. I love the FF series but to have 4+ under the same title pretty much...not wise.

Would like to see a more informative article on the subject, that one pretty much left you hanging.

reign
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to reign Send a message via MSN to reign

Old 04-21-2007, 08:46 AM

that rumor started floating around after SE said something about the next big FF will be multi-system release, but at these times where these companies are no longer thing which side is going to win, its more like lets give to both and still get paid on all fronts

Victor Von Doom
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Depending on how much of the rumors are true, I think that Sony isn't going to retain many exclusive titles. At first. I mean, the system is ungodly costly for dick ... it's like buying into commodities, spending $600 and hoping Sony's going to put out some decent exclusives/better versions of multisystem games. Not to mention, the games are rumored to be a tremendous pain in the ass to code and , combined with the less than stellar sales of the system itself, companies will probably decided that producing an exclusive title is not a wise investment.

In short, I think that Sony's going to lose some of their franchises. Grand Theft Auto is gone, Final Fantasy is on the fence (and certain FF titles are available as Nintendo exclusives), and both MGS and Katamari (okay, not a huge seller, but a cult favorite) are being rumored as making the leap. I think for about a year or so starting 2008, the Xbox360 and PS3 will be indiscerable for the majority of titles with a few, lesser known exclusives. About that time, Sony will create a new battle plan and come back as strong as before.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 04-24-2007, 04:38 AM

hmm, so it is one of the branches, once the main game is released, still buying a PS3, hard core FF-fangirl and ps fan girl.

I am sad with the way PS has been heading. been one of my favorite systems, and now it seems to have a slow death.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 04-24-2007, 08:31 PM

Sony never should have put out the PS3 IMHO. I think it's been a monumental waste on their part. I'm not even considering buying one. Ever. I recently purchased a 360 and I've been just blown away by it. I am a mainly RPG type gamer and PS has always been the system for me, but the 360's RPGs are leagues ahead of the cruddy stuff put out of the original Xbox. I haven't liked the FF series since 7 anyways, so it's no big deal to me.

Menstrual Cramps
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Menstrual Cramps Send a message via MSN to Menstrual Cramps Send a message via Yahoo to Menstrual Cramps

Old 04-25-2007, 11:53 AM

All I can say is- OWNED.
I was getting tired of Final Fantasy, honestly. It's almost as bad as the Mario gaming series. There needs to be more time between the games, it has gotten a little repetitive.

"Hot/ Strangely Flamboyant Male Character"
"Hot / Virgin Female Character"
"Ditzy/Fun Female Character"
"MILF character"
"Easily Angered Male"
"Father Character"
"Random Creature"
8)

Squishy Whoosh!
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Squishy Whoosh!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menstrual Cramps
All I can say is- OWNED.
I was getting tired of Final Fantasy, honestly. It's almost as bad as the Mario gaming series. There needs to be more time between the games, it has gotten a little repetitive.

"Hot/ Strangely Flamboyant Male Character"
"Hot / Virgin Female Character"
"Ditzy/Fun Female Character"
"MILF character"
"Easily Angered Male"
"Father Character"
"Random Creature"
8)
Exactly. I think they just need to stop now or give the series a good ending and just leave it alone. But as for Mario, they dont make Mario games that are continuing like its not like they end the game in a mode where its like "but it doesnt end here" kinda thing. (I know I said 'like' too much there XD)

And I think its so effin funny how PS3 isnt as big as the other major systems. I remember going into Walmart a while ago and seeing a full stock of PS3s there and no Wiis. lol

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 AM

Yeah...as FF XIII is the final Final Fantasy...I suppose Square Enix wanted to maximize profits, even though they're doing a...I believe a Live Action Battle version, and an Old-School turn based version. Either way, it's going to be on Multiple Systems...which comes as a massive disappointment to me. I'm a Nintendo Loyalist first, and Sony second...with little loyalty to the X-Box if any.

I believe I'll be getting XIII for the PS3 only, and if, in the event that it is graphically butchered for a WII release, I think I'll skip that one as well...

Right...when the HELL is Super Smash Bros Brawl's site going to be updated!? -_-;

Toxicity
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-04-2007, 06:31 PM

if FF 13 goes on the xbox the graphics will be 10x better i'm just worried about the game play

Dannigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-06-2007, 01:50 AM

D:<
Ouch.>_<
That's gotta suck for Sony. D;
Ao many people are gonna be dissappointed.
So many people are most likely awaiting it to be put out for purchase and so.

Aosagi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-07-2007, 11:19 PM

I read about that a while ago. All I could think of was, "it was bound to happen". I'm not sure on the sales of games between the X box and PS3 but if exclusives are going out the window I can't imagine it's going well for the PS3. I'm kind of happy because now I can possibly look forward to being able to play sequles to my favorite PS2 games on 360 for much less (system-wise that is). which is probably how the game developers are thinking. This is why Nintendo did what they did, developers can make games for them at a much lower budget, because of that they're more likely to get exclusives (and they've gotten quite a few). Sony needs to pull out a winner from one of their first party or third party teams (continuation of the ico shadow of the colossus story comes to mind). However at this point Sony is being quite cocky and I don't know if they're beleiving anything needs to be done to save itself (case in point when the one dude said "I'll pay people $$ to actually find a PS3 on store shelves, I'd be rich needless to say). Not that I hate them entirely but Sony needs to get with it otherwise it'll be way too late to save the system, and Microsoft and Nintendo will take the spotlight over them, and the PS3 will become another Sega saturn or dreamcast (both good systems in my opinion but they were flops marketwise).