Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM

If I had been here under better circumstances, I would have been able to enjoy it more. If I wasn’t lost, I would’ve liked the scenery more. Speaking of scenery, it was great. I could see a beautiful stream running from the top of the forest all the way to…God knows where. Although the ground was slightly rocky, with huge stones sticking out of it, the walk was getting quite pleasurable.
“DON’T STEP ON ME!” A voice squeaked out. The whole thing with voices popping out of no where started to get on my nerves. At least this time I had known where exactly the sound was coming from. By my feet. I knelt down and saw a diminutive lizard on one of the large stones. Ignorant, I prodded it with the top of my forefinger. As I predicted, it yelped out in antagonism “Next time you prod me, I’ll kill you!”
I thought I’d spare the introductions and just ask it the question I wanted to ask ever since I found my self in the creepy cave. “Excuse me petite sir, can you tell me how to get home?” I could tell that the chances of the lizard knowing were very low. If it did know the way back to my home, I don’t think it would even want to tell me. However, I was wide of the mark, for he told me to follow the stream and collect the map that was made out of bark, behind him. I did as I was told and seized the oddly shaped map from behind him. As I took a better look, I saw that the directions pointed to no where.” During the story, all I could think about was, why hadn’t grandmother told us all of this before? I didn’t know she had such adventures, even though she only worked as a librarian all of her working life.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM

“When I twisted around to face him, I realised he had vanished. I cursed him under my breath, but decided I would follow the stream anyway.
After I had been walking for a while, I heard a familiar voice yell out “Hey toots! I’ve been looking all over the place for you!” I would recognize that hoarse voice from anywhere. Goldy McCod, the gyp goldfish. “Where am I? This is all your fault! How do I get home?” Questions poured out of me, like a jug emptying itself.
“Calm down! I’m here to tell you how to get home. I pity you.” Being pitied by a talking fish only added fuel to my anger. “Just tell me how to get home.” I said exhaustedly. I didn’t have the energy to argue with him.
“Drink two handfuls of the stream water, close your eyes and say, “I want to go home three times.” I did as was told. When I opened my eyes, I found myself back in my room.” Once Nan finished her story, I looked around the room, and didn’t see it as I saw it previously, before Grandmother told us her story. I now saw the room as an exuberant red, and everything was basically brighter than I use to think it was.
I had so many questions that I wanted to ask her. “Nan! Is that story true? Or did you just make it up?” I asked.
“If you want to see whether it is true or not, go to my room, open the first drawer and you’ll find a small chest. Open it and you’ll find your proof.” My five siblings and I raced upstairs and followed her instructions, in the chest, lay a piece of bark. With weirdly drawing directions imprinted on it.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 PM

Okies, so PM me and tell me which version you think is better :3 Please?

Also, keep in mind that it's not actually the STORY that matters, it's the way I structured it :3

Suspense
What does this button dooooooooo...

Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM

LOL! My little sisters friend just came over and I told them a few stories that scared the crap out of them xDD Some of them weren't actually written by me but altered from stories I've heard. I'm not sure whether or not to put them in "quotes" or not so I'll just write them without quottes and if you think I should put them in quotes PM me :3

Read them in the next post(s) :3

Suspense
What does this button dooooooooo...

Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 PM

~Midnight~

"I dont want to wash the dishes!" I yelled at my mother who stood five meters infront of me. "I washed them yesterday, cant you tell Jodie to do it this time?" I begged, watching as her frown deepend and I saw her anger start to come out.
"Why do you always do that? Everytime I ask you to do something, it's always "Why cant you tell blahblah to do it?" Cant you just do what I tell you for once?"

I let out an exasperated grunt and put on the rubber gloves that lay on the dining table. After a while, I was aware of a pair of eyes watching me from behind. "Mum! I'm doing what you told me to d-" I was cut short when I realised that this other being wasn't my mother. In fact, it was someone I didn't even know. "Who-who-who are you?" I stutter. My fear grows, the person standing before me was black and white. I dont mean DRESSED in black and white, she WAS black and white! Thoughts ran through my mind. Who was she? She looked like a person that had escaped out of one of those old fashioned movie.

"You should always obey your mother." She growled with a menacing tone of the voice. "I will punish you for being rude." She continued. Was this woman for real? I thought to myself. She certainly didn't look it. "On your sixteenth birthday, you will pay." She snarled. Immediately, I ran to my mother, sobbing. If she hadn't looked so terribly...fake, I wouldn't have believed her.

Weeks passed. I lived in terror and paranoia as those weeks zoomed by. I was consumed in anxiety. Untill the day before my birthday. I was stuck doing the dishes again. Even after I had stressed about the whole situation, my mother didn't believe me.

I scrub the dishes with a sponge fully absorbed of soap and water. And I hear the familiar voice that I had been dreading. "It's payback time." The voice said. Those were the last words I heard before a sword was plunged into my heart.