d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:07 PM

This story I would not mind help writing. I could use help with plot ideas, character build up and small other things. I would not like one to critque my grammar to point of where I would have to rewrite the story. I know I don't have the best, but please don't bash me repeatedly on that fact.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:07 PM

overall description summary

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:08 PM

character list

vampires

Ryushi - main character
Michael - second main character, antagonist
Shina - second/ first antagonist, third main character

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM

character list 2

humans or other creatures

Lekt Bates

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:12 PM

timeline

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:13 PM

anything else I am forgetting 1

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:14 PM

maps? or drawings of the city

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:15 PM

the world/ description of societies

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:17 PM

description of author

username: d2hiriyuu
nickname: dragon

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM

anything else again 2

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Chapter 1
Blood of the Murdered

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:22 PM

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 PM

I wake up to the setting sun. I roll out of the bed and walk over to the closet. The door squeaks as I pull open the door. I grab my black trench coat and pull it over my white suit and pants. I pull my hair out of the trench coat, all I feel is my shoulder length hair. It was sliced off on Sunday.

My eyes glance over to the window. The sunlight has disappeared, drawing in a heavy ground fog. I walk out of my small room to the family room. My ears overhear the human upstairs snoring. I open the door to my apartment complex. The cold night air makes me feel alive. This is my world, the world of darkness.

I sniff the air, catching the familiar scent of blood. I start on my first hunt of the night, following the scent. I turn left, right, down Main Street, then two more right turns to an alley. My stride draws me to the blood. My eye catches my victim slumped to the left. Some couples pass by, not noticing my victim or me. No wonder he is still in the alleyway.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 PM

I bend down and examine the poor soul. A middle aged man, around thirty, and shoulder length, dirty blonde hair. His temple is beaten, and now blood drops down his face. I move his hair away, exposing the wound. I reach out and touch the blood, letting the red liquid drip over my fingers, covering them in blood. I pull my hand back and lick the blood off my fingers. The liquid reminds me of how long it has been since I had fresh blood.

The sweet taste makes my blood boil and activate. My vampire blood. I lean over my prey, revealing my fangs. With a quick bite, I puncture his artery. The sweet taste of blood tastes like ecstasy, throwing my mind into my victim’s mind, retracing his last conscious moments.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:26 PM

My victim was walking down Main Street, when he noticed he was being followed. He ran and turned right twice. He had an abrupt halt when he turned into the alley. He tried to turn around and run but his path was blocked by his killer. An eerie silence froze the prey as his killer's shadow covered him in darkness. His killer had piercing green eyes and short brown hair. He is human. His weapon was a large club-like stick. He swung the weapon at his prey suddenly, causing the victim to fall unconscious in the alleyway. My eyes widen at the sight of flying blood, causing me to smile. Nothing is prettier than the sight of spilt fresh blood. The killer turns and walks away. As he is leaving, I turn my head and take note of the killer. He is a white male in his twenties, and his only distinguishing feature besides his bright green eyes is a small scar starting between his collar bones and ending right below his left artery in his neck. The scar must have been created with a knife. The killer leaves. I watch him; I’ll need to thank him later. I grin at the thought as the memory fades.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:26 PM

My mind returns to me with the sound of footsteps. I withdraw my teeth from my victim, spilling blood on my hands and the concrete. I turn my head toward the direction of the sound. There, watching me, was a fledgling. She looks around sixteen. She has light brown hair long hair contrasts her golden color eyes. She wears a simple white T-shirt and blue jeans. Her sight of me must have scared her; she looks like she just saw the apocalypse. A half-breed vampire always amuses me. I stand up, letting the blood drip from my hand and my fangs. How unlike me to not clean up.

I swivel around toward the fledgling. She is frozen stiff. I smile a large grin while
I slowly walk toward her. This is going to be amusing. Her golden eyes widen.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:28 PM

“Do you want some?” Holding out my bloody hand, inviting her.
“No thanks,” she replies in disgust, “I hate your kind!”
“My kind?” I say sarcastically.
“Yes, your disgusting vampire kind!” She shouts. She is losing her cool.
“Oh, and you aren’t?” pointing out that she is part vampire herself.
“I don’t need to kill to live.” She replies, flustered. I look back at my now dead prey. She had spoiled my dinner.
“You made me lose my dinner; you’re staying with me for dinner.” I grin with my decision.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:29 PM

“What?!” she is truly scared.
“You heard me, now where shall we go?” I question her while taking out a small glass bottle. I fill the bottle with my prey’s blood, put a stopper on the top and return the bottle to its holder in my coat. The fledgling gets over her fears and walks next to me.
“I won’t drink that stuff.” She says in a matter of fact tone.
“Nor will I need to tonight.” I return her tone. The silence came from fear, I wasn’t about to let her go without finding some information about her.
“Where shall we go? My treat.” I repeat my question.
“If you don’t mind normal food, there is a café around here.” She quietly responds.
“Sounds good,” I place my hand on the dead body’s neck and bites, letting the blood cover my finger, “I’ll be done in a bit.”
Taking my pointer finger, and like a painter, I smear blood on the wall above my prey, painting a rose out of blood. I smile gleefully; blood always amuses me.
“What are you doing?” the fledgling questions.
“Leaving my mark”
“Why?”
I turn towards her and smile, “For the vampire hunters to find me.”
I finish my drawing in silence.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:32 PM

“Ready to go?” I break the silence, the fledgling staring at my blood rose in awe. She nods and walks toward me. She leads me to a small café in an alleyway. The dim lights tell me that it is accustom to half-breeds dining there.
“Itarashai!” the greeter says with a Japanese accent, “two tonight?”
I nod my head in response. The greeter leads us to a table for four in the back. The fledgling and I sit across from each other in silence.
“Your waiter will be with you shortly.” The greeter says while leaving.
I watch the fledgling, ignoring the ruckus from the other tables. This environment is making my blood itch. The blood inside me wants out. I feel the stare of the fledgling.
“What is it?” I ask in my most soothing voice.
“Nothing,” she replies, not wanting to talk.
“What is good?” I motion to the menu.
“Almost anything, I normally have some fruit and bread, but their soups are also good.”
“Hmm,” I really could care less, I just want to have a conversation, “So what’s your name?”
“Why do you care?” she replies
“Just curious, I normally like to know who I am treating to dinner.”
“Oh.”
Fed up I reply. “My name is Ryushi, but everyone calls me Blood Rose.”

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 PM

“Because of your mark?”
“Yeah, it originally was to entertain myself with blood, but soon it became a symbol.”
“For all vampires?”
“No, just me, it made me famous over the last century, it also makes the game of cat and mouse more interesting.”
“Cat and mouse?”
“The hunter and the hunted, the never ending game with the vampire hunters.”
“So why do you continue making your mark?”
“Because I want to die.”
“What? Why would you wish for death?”
“That is all I have ever wanted.”
“Your mark reminds me of someone.” She wanted to hear more.
“Nikolas, he drew roses in people skin.”
“You know him.”
“No I just know of him.”
A high pitched voice jumps into our conversation. “Blood Rose, is that you?”
I turn to see Ishmani, a tall human girl I drunk from.
“It is you. I haven’t seen you in forever.”
“I want one strawberry cup, a slice of bread, and water.” I order, ignoring her completely.
“And I would like a fruit cup and some vegetable soup.” The fledgling continues the order.
“Oh, thank you,” Ishmani smiles, “and two Bloody Marys on the house, my treat.” I nod.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:34 PM

“We’ll talk later Blood Rose.” She decides as she leaves us.
“Who was that?” the fledgling asks.
“My biggest mistake.”
“What happened?”
“She was a willing victim, begging for me to take her blood.”
“So, what’s wrong with that?”
“Nothing, but she wanted to die, but I wasn’t hungry that night. So instead she lives, permanently scarred by vampires.”
“Why would a vampire care?”
“Humans scarred by vampires wander around, an outcast of both societies, begging for us to take their blood; they become permanently bound to the vampire world.” I refuse to explain more on my mistake.
“So what’s your name?” I ask again.
“I still won’t tell you.”
“Quid Pro Quo fledgling, I tell you about me, you tell me about you.”
“Fine, my name is Kaetana.”
Our food comes along with the two Bloody Maries. Ishmani once again begs me to take her blood, but I refuse to be part of the problem. Kaetana picks up her Bloody Mary.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM

“You might not want to drink that.” I warn.
“Why?” Kaetana responds, putting her glass back down.
“Knowing her you wouldn’t like it.”
“Why is that?”
“Because it is blood.”
Kaetana stares at me in shock.
“Here you can have it.” Kaetana quickly pushes the glass to me. I take my own drink and with a quick gulp drink all of my Bloody Mary. The blood reminds me of how old I am, over seven centuries old. It makes me thirsty for more, I take the second glass. Kaetana turns her head in disgust as I drink her Bloody Mary.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:36 PM

As I put down the empty glass something hits me in the head. The impact causes the glass to fall on the floor, shattering into pieces that fly everywhere. I turn to see that I was hit with an apple. I pick it up and place it on the table. I feel the culprit’s eyes watching m so I quickly turn around. There stand five vampires who were making a ruckus when we came in. The leader steps forward, trying to intimidate me.
“Hello Blood Rose. Nice to meet you again.”
“I am surprised you show your face to me.”
“I came back to play with you again.”
“You mean to get a beating.”
“Ha ha, Blood Rose, you forget this is my territory.”
“And you forget my powers.”
“But will you use them at the sacrifice of the half breed?” He motions to Kaetana, who seems to be gaining a fighting aura around her. That would explain how she has lived so long.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:37 PM

“No need.” I whisper to Kaetana. “Your move,” I mock the leader. He starts to build up his black aura. His lackeys do the same, ready to pounce on Kaetana. I slip out my six inch pocket knife and slice my left wrist, spilling out my blood. My own black aura catches the blood in midair. The blood and aura mix, creating a black blood dragon. He is thirty inches from head to tail, with a wingspan of twenty inches. I concentrate on the battle, using the dragon as my weapon. The dragon attacks the leader, knocking him down to the floor. Then I command the dragon to attack the lackeys, knocking them unconscious with every attack. The leader stands back up; just to get knocked down again. He is knocked unconscious in the fourth attack. I smile; this territory doesn’t belong to him. I sit back down. My blood dragon disappears, like a shadow exposed to light. Kaetana sits down, staring at me in awe.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:41 PM

“What was that?” Kaetana breaks the silence.
“One of my creatures of blood.” I pull out my knife. My wrist has healed. I slice my palm. I squeeze my hand into a tight fist, causing blood to rush to my left land. Slowly, a drop of blood spills onto the table. The drop of blood grows and transforms. The blood becomes a six inch tall griffin. The griffin stares into my eyes, begging for food. I feed it a strawberry. It gobbles it up. When it is full it flies over to Kaetana and nuzzles her.
“What’s her name?” Kaetana asks.
“Athre”
Kaetana holds out a grape. Athre swallows it whole. My blood still itches. I quickly slice my palm again and let three drops of blood drip onto the apple. More creatures appear and devourer the apple. The creatures disappear on my command. I let the griffin stay. Fear strikes me, something is very wrong.