Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Taking a step so that he could see the prince but not be in his sword swing Roland turned so he could look behind Calanon so they would not be jumped from behind. He felt better for his decision when he saw that half the squad had moved to circle them. “I will do my best.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 PM

"Good. Let's begin." Calanon stated. With it said, the guards attacked. And like he predicted, the guards went easier on him than they did on Roland. Even then it wasn't easy. He manageed to block most of the attacks and strike back. But he did get hit a few times. Luckily the guards weren't using real swords for this exercise.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 PM

taking que’s from Calanon’s body movement Roland tried to protect him but failed as a set of three guards side swiped him. As they fought Roland realized that the guards were going after him more than the prince and when they did go after the prince they pulled their attacks. ‘They would do that. Do they think they are doing him any favorers?’ The high King William had put a stop to Roland’s appoints pulling their attacks when he had found out. It was better to take a bruising in the practice yards then take a sword on the field. The thoughts flashed through his mind as his body took over protecting them. Then out of his blind spot his newest appoint struck him in the ribs with a dagger, it grazed a crossed the fabric before cutting into his ribs. “all humans are dogs that should be put down.” The elf whispered in Roland’s as Roland stumbled out of pattern clutching his side.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM

Calanon noticed Roland move away from the group and he noticed the blood. He yelled for the guards to stop and they all froze. He moved over to Roland and examined the wound. Luckily, he knew some minor healing, so this would be no problem. But then again, he's only ever had to heal his own minor scraps and bruises. He would try though. He placed his hand against the would and used some energy to heal the wound. It stopped the bleeding, but didn't completely heal it.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 PM

Orist growled at the guards as he saw what Calanon had seen. “You think to gain favor with his majesty with acts like this?” his voice was low as he looked each of them in the eye trying to find the one that had perpetrated the act. “Think again children.” While he looked them over Roland gently pushed the prince’s hand from the wound to look it over.
“it’s not the worst I have gotten, I just was not ready for it. Next time I will not fall out of formation.” Standing up he picked up his weapon and looked over the guards, a few of them were openly giving him a dirty look. “Shall we start again?”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM

"I think we have trained enough for today." Calanon stated. He wanted for Roland to get his wound treated properly sooner rather than later. He didn't wait to see if Orist was going to tell him otherwise. He just grabbed the front of Roland's shirt and started dragging him with him until he started following on his own. He would take him to his personaly nurse. She had helped raise him and he trusted her not to be rude to the human. She was never rude to anybody.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 PM

“Prince stop! If I can’t keep fighting with this then how good am I going to be when someone really comes after you! We should keep going!” Trying to drag his feet Roland finely gave in when he heard his shirt start to rip where he had been cut.
“A good healer he should see. Make sure he dose not fight healing.” Orist raised his voice after the prince then turned back to the guards. “staff training now, punishment you will have.”
Roland fallowed quickly after the prince wondering why he would be so cold to him then when he got a simple scratch he was mothering him. This was not what he had expected to have to deal with. Maybe the elves were not completely the way they were said to be.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 PM

Calanon mentally agreed with Orist. He would make sure Roland got healed. He led the man to Mereda, his nurse. She instantly smiled when she saw her prince. The smile lessened slightly when she saw Roland, but it didn't leave her face. It only did when she saw the blood.
"My prince. Have you been injured?" She asked, going over to them.
"Not me. My guard. He needs to be healed." He told her.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM

“it is not that bad, a few bandages and I will be fine.” He winced as she touched his wound but then forced himself not to show any other sign of pain. “I really don’t need a healer.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 PM

"Nonsense. You can't do your job if you are in pain. It will take just a few minutes tot heal." Mereda told him. She pushed him to sit down on a nearby stool before placing her hand against the wound. She focused her energy and the wound was healed. "All done." She said, smiling at him.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 PM

Letting her heal him he waited till she was done. He watched the prince trying to figure out why he would bring him to a healer. Should he not be treating him like some expendable person that has no feeling? He tired to understand why. “I can and I may have to sometime in the future. There may be a time when I am his only line of defense and I am wounded.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 AM

"If that time comes, you should still tried to get healed when you can." Mereda told him. She didn't understand why someone would willing want to not get healed when they are in pain. It didn't make any sense to her.
"Thank you for your help, Mereda." Calanon told her, since Roland obviously wasn't going to.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 AM

Blushing Roland looked down at his hands. “Thank you.” His voice was barely a whisper from embarrassment. “I will try but I can’t promise that I will be able to.” Hiding the wince from the pain of the bruises from the weapons master he stood up and stepped away from Mareda. “If my Lord will not mind I think it might be best if I were to go and get a new outfit from the stores that your family has so kindly provided.” He held back the remark that his clothes had been just as fine as these that they destroyed.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 12:28 AM

"Of course. Do you need directions to get there?" Calanon asked. he could easily have a servant show Roland the way to get there. And he would be able to return much quicker if he were to have assistance. But, he didn't want to push the matter if the human felt he didn't need any help.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 AM

“I…” about to say that he did not need directions Roland realized that he only knew the long was around to the room. “I think I many need directions, if you could just tell me how to get there.” He did not want to deal with what he had when the runner led him to the throne room. He would have asked the Prince to lead him but that would in a way be rude, even though his deity was to make sure the prince was safe.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 AM

Calanon thought about calling for a servant to lead Roland to the room. But then he realized that it would just take him longer to get there. He nodded and explained to him how to get to the room. It wasn't to far from where they already were, so it shouldn't take the human to long to get there and change, and then get back. He decided that he would just wait here until the other returned so that he wouldn't have to look for him.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 02:41 AM

Fallowing the Princes directions Roland walked slowly through the halls. The corridors were nothing like he expected for elves. In fact they could have been from his father’s own palace but for the elfin paintings and statues. The walls were a warm cream of the stone that made up the palace, there were a few plants to break up the cream but not many. Entering his room he looked over the clothes that had been placed in the wardrobe. Most of them seem to be simple forms of the prince’s outfit or like the guards but not of such fine cloth. Fingering it he wounded if latter they might give him much better outfits or was he stuck with this simple wear until he was to become king himself. And what was he to do about him being a prince when here he was treated like a disgraced noble.
He took a deep intake of breath as he carefully pulled off his shirt, his body already a large mass of bruises from where the weapons master had beaten him. He was going to have to get better or he was going to be in pain for the rest of his life here. The area around the wound was one of the few areas that was under his clothes that did not sport a darkening bruise. The healer was good, better than any the human mages had ever been able to do for his father. He only wished that he could use magic like they did so he could learn it.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 02:44 AM

Calanon stayed and spoke with Mereda for a while longer. Until a servant entered the room and informed him it was time for dinner. He thanked the servant before standing and leaving the room.
He walked down the halls, heading towards the room Roland was in so that he could be informed. It took him just a few minutes to find the room. He knocked lightly before entering.
"Roland. It is time for dinner. Finish dressing and let's go." he told him.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 AM

Sighing Roland looked at Calanon as he dabbed the last bruise with a balm that his mother had made for him before he had left. He was happy that he had kept it with him when they had tried to destroy it. His back and sides were covered with bruises. “I will be ready in a moment.” Slowly he reached out to grab the shirt he had laid out with the pants.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 AM

"You do know that Mereda could heal those bruises for you. You just have to ask." Calanon told him. He remembered having her heal him after his first lesson with Orist. He had been covered in bruises then. But he had learned a lot, so it had been worth the pain. And he had known she would heal him when he went to her.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 AM

“I do not understand your people’s fascination with healers healing everything.” Slowly pulling on his tunic he turned to look at the prince. “You treat it like the body won’t stop accepting it so you heal everything under the sun.” his voice took on an edge of frustration. “Last I knew if one keeps using healing the body starts to get more resistant to the healing. I would prefer working through the pain now then not have the healing work when I really need it.” Grabbing his vest a bit to quickly he flinched away from the pain. “although I may have got a rib dislocated.”

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 03:32 AM

"It would be best for Mereda to at least heal that." Calanon said. He knew Roland was wrong about the healing. But then again, that might be the way it was for his people. For elves, though, they didn't become resilient to the healing. It worked just fine each time.
"We need to get to the dining hall soon before the food gets cold." he stated.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 AM

“I heard you the first time Calanon, you don’t need to keep reminding me. The food will be there for you when we get there and if it is really that important you can go without me.” The pain in his side and Calanon repeating that he should be healed made him snap when he usually would not. Pulling on the over tunic he straightened the whole outfit and looked at himself in the mirror. None of the bruises showed from under the tunic which was a good thing. Now if he could just stop twitching each time he took to deep a breath.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 AM

Calanon glared at Roland. How dare he speak to him like that! He'd been polite to him the entire time and he's been nothing but rude. Fine. If that's the way he wanted to be, he could get lost and starve for all he cared.
He turned and left the room, slamming the door behind him. He stormed down to the dining room, furious. But, by the time he entered the room, his face was calm as could be. He went and took his seat by his parents.

Lunna Dea

Old 06-27-2012, 04:00 AM

Watching the prince storm off Roland collapsed onto the bed they had provided for him. The pain of the rib was starting to hurt worse. “I don’t think its just dislocated.” His voice quivered as he tried to remember what it could be. He had felt this pain before but it had been when he was with his knight master the first year he was a Squire.
/ / /
“if you’re going to whine all the way to the border I will send you back with the first pack wagon telling your father that I was wrong in taking you as my squire.” Sir Randen looked back at the young man he had taken as his Squire. It was not that the young prince was spoiled but he had not known the pain of lose that most of the other squires had. Most of the others had lost more than one family member to the Elves.
“I am sorry sir but my side hurts more than usual. Weapons master Keyven most have hurt me more than I thought.” The young man’s voice rasped out as he fought back tears. It would be unbecoming of the crown prince to cry in front of his knight master. “If we could just rest a bit I think I could go on.”
“Do you think that you could stop and rest as the elves are fallowing behind you as you lead your man to better ground to fight? Do you think they would say ‘no take your time we can use the rest to.’?” He looked back just in time to see his squire start to wobble in the saddle. “Tough it out boy, we can’t have a weak prince.”
Roland had passed out, he remembered that and the village healer they had been lucky to find the next day. His ribs on his left side had been broken and one had worked its way almost into his chest.
/ / /
“oh gods no.” slowly he pushed himself up and wobbled over to the door. He was not going to pass out this time, he would make it to that healer. “damm that stupid prince.” He muttered as he wobbled into the hall. As he fell on his side he tried to bite back a yelp of pain.