Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-07-2018, 06:00 AM

oh that must be really hard

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 08-07-2018, 06:01 AM

Are they super religious or something?
I've never understood being able to be nasty to your own child. I don't have children but it's just.....idk. I can't fathom not loving your own. You're a great mama moon <3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-07-2018, 06:03 AM

some parents can't love unconditionally, very sad

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 08-07-2018, 06:04 AM

Hummy: It really is. I have to factor in a bunch more time when they come with me because of the fact it takes me longer to get what I need and get out. If Danny can come with me - it does go a bit faster than if I'm on my own.

Ruby: They're crazy religious, and also hated the fact that Danny was staying over at MY place (not their place) before we got married and he was going to move in before we got married (technically we found the loophole around that and eloped so we WERE married when he moved in. ;) We were prepared to shove a copy of our marriage license in their faces and slam the door if they dared come to the apartment -- they didn't.) And then they found out that I'm bisexual... and that was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. :/

I truly don't get their issues. They were fine with Danny before he started staying overnights and blah blah blah... I gave up listening to their crap a long time ago. I've been working with a councilor to work through the issues this has all caused for me in terms of me coming to terms with the fact that it wasn't anything I did - it's all on them.

R u b y

Old 08-07-2018, 06:09 AM

Oh yeah for sure, it's absolutely nothing you did. You're supposed to love your kids unconditionally and if they can't do that you're better off without them. And like you said you have your brother and sister in law and a wonderful husband and three beautiful kids. There's no room for toxic people. I've just had to do the same thing with my brothers (like legit this week) and it's absolutely the best choice to make sure you and your children are okay.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 08-07-2018, 06:16 AM

I've dealt with enough toxicity in my life - with Norah's donor and the abuse that I dealt with from him... to know what I don't need in my life. And sadly that meant my parent's had to go.

I'm sorry that you had to cut our your brothers. :( It really is no fun when those toxic people are our blood family.

R u b y

Old 08-07-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls" - Kahlil Gibran
Better that you learn from the bad than dwell on it and keep making the same mistakes, I know a few relatives of mine like that too. You're doing great :3

Yeah at least in my sake they've never been around or been there for me anyway so I'm not losing much. I just turned 24 last week and I've made it this far without them. And it's a good decision for me because they pretty much admitted that they've hated me because I'm dad's "new family". (half brothers) Like I could help being born It's another one of those "their loss not mine" situations so I'm okay with it. It's better for my mental health to not deal with them.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 08-07-2018, 06:25 AM

I definitely know what I don't want in my life that's for sure and I'm doing all I can to move in directions away from that. :)

Awww! That's a good way of looking at it and so true! You couldn't help being born! It isn't your fault. It's like their taking their anger out on you instead of on your father. :/ It definitely sounds like you're better off without them in your life for sure! You're so much more important than them, definitely focus on your needs in order to focus on your mental health.

I just turned 30, which is insane to me. How am I 30?!

I asked Norah the other day how is it possible that she's getting so old, and her response was "My birthday."
Which technically is true, she's getting older because of her birthday, true!

R u b y

Old 08-07-2018, 06:28 AM

I'm just gonna change this post cuz I don't want family issues stuck in the archives

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 08-07-2018, 06:28 AM

And a bit ahead of when he normally wakes up -- there goes James... Guess it's time to give the little man what he wants -- food.. And then try to get him back to sleep and then attempt to sleep myself because ... sleep is kinda important.

I meant to try to sleep awhile ago... But yeah, I got lost in being able to have some quiet uninterrupted time online. This doesn't happen very often.

R u b y

Old 08-07-2018, 06:29 AM

I hope you're able to get some good sleep Moon! :3

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 08-07-2018, 06:30 AM

No worries -- their loss, like you said. And you did nothing wrong.

Sorry for the short response -- don't mean to just poof but I guess that's what I'm doing.

---------- Post added 08-06-2018 at 11:30 PM ----------

Thanks! You too when you head there yourself.

R u b y

Old 08-07-2018, 06:30 AM

No no you're fine! Goodnight moon! :3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-07-2018, 06:33 AM

sweet dreams,moonie

R u b y

Old 08-07-2018, 06:34 AM