Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2018, 08:52 PM

Even if Shane hadn't aborted his motion, Quinn snatched his hand back as if afraid to touch right now. Shoving back his chair, he stood and put another foot between them. The words he'd said hit him hard. It was only Shane he didn't like touching other guys? Other guys? Oh god. Jamie was right; he did love Shane. Letting out a sound somewhere between a whimper and a groan of frustration, Quinn met Shane's eyes.

"Why you? I wonder that myself. How did you get under my skin like this and I never noticed? I've been so weird around you ever since you said you were gay. I can't stop thinking about you, even in my dreams. I couldn't care less about some other gay guy. Just...you. I want you all to myself. Is that so wrong?!" Spinning away again, he could feel heat rising in his face and all the way down his neck. He needed to get out of here before he exploded. Something was definitely ready to burst out, something he was only just starting to understand. "I-I should leave after all."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-15-2018, 09:28 PM

Shane deflated when Quinn flinched back, but then the his words started filtering through. Shane's crazy hope suddenly seemed all too possible And Shane was pushing his chair back, following Quinn across the kitchen, "Don't leave again. That's not gonna fix anything Quinn." He paused before continuing, grabbing Quinn's arm once he was finally close enough, he didn't want him to leave. Not when it'd looked like somehow they'd both interpreted this whole mess entirely wrong. "Are you really saying what I think you are Quinn? Don't get my hopes up on something like this please." He paused, a heavy breath filling the space, before, "The only reason I even agreed to any of those stupid dates was to move past you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM

Quinn froze as if Shane held him far stronger than he actually did. Either way, Quinn couldn't take another step. Staring at the hardwood floors at the edge of their kitchen, he tried to still the wild beating of his heart. "W...what? I don't understand what you're saying here either. Get over me?" He turned finally, his eyes wide as he looked at his best friend, if that was even the right word to use anymore. "All this time, it was me that you liked? I had no idea. I don't even...but that makes me happy even though I know it shouldn't. That probably means I really do like you too." The words sounded unsure though, his eyes pleaded for Shane to make sense of this mess. He didn't want to fall in love with the other man after all; he'd only wanted his best friend back.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-17-2018 at 01:21 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-17-2018, 01:20 AM

"Yes, get over you, Quinn. You're the unattainable, oblivious straight friend that caused this whole mess in so many ways. I don't think you even realize how infuriatingly perfect you are." Shane stepped closer as he spoke, feeling more confident now that Quinn wasn't trying to run away anymore. Not with the words that just left his mouth. "Make you happy, huh? And you think you might like me too. Well, I guess there's really only one way to know for certain." With that, he closed the finally inches of space between them, pressing his lips softly, but not insistently against Quinn's, giving the other male every opportunity to pull back in case he crossed a line.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-17-2018, 01:31 AM

Even though Quinn saw the kiss coming, he couldn't pull away though. Shane's words were swirling in his head and his space combined with his own. Quinn didn't even think to stop it. As the other man pressed their lips together, Quinn stood there, just letting it happen. He was infuriatingly perfect. What a thought. After a second, Quinn finally pulled back, a faint laugh escaping his lips. "This is insane." However, nothing about his flushed face or the frantic beat of his heart rejected Shane. In the moment that their lips touched, he knew he didn't misinterpret anything this time. He really did like Shane. He liked him more than he'd ever liked anyone in his life. "I guess I wasn't that straight after all, huh? I have no idea how to react to you, but even so, I still want to kiss you again."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-17-2018, 01:39 AM

"Then do it. Stop thinking so much, and just let yourself feel for a moment," Shane said, not stepping back, but not pushing into Quinn's space again. He'd take that first leap, so now it was Quinn's turn to respond. To push past whatever blockade was in his head, and move this forward. "If you want to, do it. You can figure out what this means for your sexuality later. Who says you have to put a label on it if you don't want to. But, honestly, of all the possible outcomes, us wanting to kiss each other, seems pretty awesome." He grinned as he said this, the hurt from early finally subsiding completely as the warmth from the kiss and Quinn's words melted it all away.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-17-2018, 09:32 PM

Quinn stared at Shane for a second, just taking in his words and coming to his own conclusion. Once he did, Quinn grabbed a handful of the other man's hair and pulled him in for another kiss. To hell with questions and labels and thinking about this situation as anything different than his usual romances. So what if it was Shane? Quinn kissed the other man, just trying to explore this thing between them. No matter what he did, it never felt wrong, never unpleasant in anyway. It strengthened his confidence and resolve. "Alright, then I'll accept that there's a thing between us. So what now? We're boyfriends?" He pulled back, his face growing serious once more.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-18-2018, 03:19 AM

Shane fell into the kiss, giving himself over completely to the feel of Quinn's lips against his and their tongues tangling together. He pressed forward, bending Quinn backward a little over the counter, as if releasing all the pent up emotions around Quinn in this single moment. When the other finally pulled away, because there was no way Shane was going to first, he was panting slightly, but couldn't fight down his grin. "We can be whatever. No need to rush this. But if jealousy is an issue, I'm done with all those dumb dates and one night stands. They were never really my style anyway," he said, still aware that something in Quinn may still have a hang up about this. "I'd much rather spend my nights with you, exploring all the ways we can get familiar with each other." His voice dropped lower as he said this, suggestive.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2018, 01:05 AM

Still pressed up against the counter, Quinn felt his heart quicken at Shane's words. If it kept up like this, he wondered if he might be able to come down from this high ever. The thought scared him, but there was nowhere left to run. Shane blocked the way and his legs felt like jelly. "A-alright..." he managed, sounding less sure than his previous words had been. It took too long for the kiss to catch up to him, but more than that, it was Shane's suggestion that they could continue to explore each other that undid him.

"I'd like to try to be your boyfriend then. I can't promise much. I'm probably a terrible boyfriend, especially to another guy, but you probably already knew that." He chuckled to himself, reaching out to hold both of Shane's hands. "Even if this doesn't work, I'd be stupid if I didn't try with all my effort."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-19-2018, 04:59 AM

"Okay, I like the sound of that," Shane said, grinning, pecking Quinn's lips one more time, just quick and affirming, before pulling back fully, since Quinn look he might collapse if they pushed this any further. "And we'll take it one day at a time. Figure what works for us."

He grabbed Quinn's hand and pulled him back towards the table, "But how about for now, how about we eat these delicious smelling tacos, and just chill." He needed to step away from Quinn or he may push this further than the other male was ready to go. There was a part of him that couldn't believe this was actually happening. All those months of pining, had somehow worked out like part of some ridiculous rom-com. And Shane was fully intent on reveling in it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-20-2018, 05:38 PM

Chuckling, like all his tension had turned into laughter, Quinn followed Shane to the table. He'd truly forgotten about the tacos even if they were his entire pretext of coming over. At least now it felt like this could be their home again instead of the awkward place where no two of them could be at the same time. Picking out one of the beef tacos, Quinn unwrapped the foil and took a bite. "Yeah, I guess you're right. At least they don't get cold quickly. I seriously missed this taste though. There's no point in getting tacos just for myself so it's been a while. It's probably the same for you isn't it?" He shook his head. For the first time in a long time, it seemed like things were looking up. He still didn't know if he could pull off this boyfriends thing, but he meant what he said when it would be stupid not to try.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-28-2018, 01:44 AM

"Hm, yeah, I mean, I only ever have food truck tacos when you buy them, so yeah. I think I subsisted on mostly DoorDash stuff or whatever's in the freezer the last few days though, so this is a nice change." He bit into one of the tacos as he said this, grinning at the taste. They were delicious, but perhaps more so because even if he'd rejected them at first, they were clearly a peace offering. And well, that peace offering had turned out perfectly great, weren't they. As he chewed, he let his mind wander, "Oh shit!" he exclaimed, "Ciel is totally gonna lose his shit when I tell him." He said grinning at Quinn, "Neither of us expected this!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-29-2018, 05:27 PM

Quinn snorted slightly, although he could see with ease how Shane settled into his eating choices. "Even though you're not too bad a cook. That's so lame," he teased. "At least make some macaroni or something." Just as soon as he'd fallen into his teasing mood though, he sat back in his chair, surprised by Shane's exclamation. Surprised, and then disgusted. "I still don't like when you mention that guy's name. Seriously, I don't like him." Quinn wrinkled his nose, not the slightest bit trying to hide his dislike and not quite ready to put the past behind him yet. It wasn't like this feeling was tied into anything complicated. Quinn just didn't like that guy.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-01-2018, 01:56 AM

Shane considered Quinn for several moments before rolling his eyes, "Jealousy really doesn't become you, you know." he said, choosing the words carefully, since he may still need to tread carefully around his newly minted boyfriend for awhile. "Like, dude is really really not my type. But he is a good friend, and the other night he was just trying to protect me. Cuz he knew I was ass over head for you idiot."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2018, 09:34 PM

Quinn flushed, embarrassment and irritation warring in him. "I'm not jealous! I don't like the guy. There's a difference!" he huffed back, no hesitation even though he recognized that maybe he should hesitate before speaking in this case. It was too true though. Or at least too true to the feelings inside him now. Perhaps those too could change with time, but not without trying and new interactions, though a part of him thought he might never be able to befriend Ciel. Crossing his arms, Quinn sat back in his seat, trying to get past this conversation as quick as possible. "And besides, I don't like that I'm the only person who didn't know you were into me."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-06-2018, 08:41 PM

Shane leveled a flat look at Quinn, "Because that would have gone over well. 'Oh hey I'm gay, and by the way I've got this stupid ridiculous crush on you.'" he said, voice almost monotone, "Yeah no thanks, I like your dumb ass, but not enough to embarrass myself like that." Shane stared at Quinn, just asking him to see how absurd his complaint was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-07-2018, 12:40 AM

Quinn opened his mouth, then shut it. "Fine. Maybe you're right on that, but that doesn't change the fact that it irritates me. My feelings don't follow logic." Huffing, he reached for another taco and started eating his way through it just so he wouldn't have to talk more. Breathing again, he met Shane's eye. "But we're good right? Even if I sound like an idiot now, it might change." He couldn't be sure when or how, but his opinions might. That ability to change was something he always believed in. They were all connected and moving and changing, every day. Maybe it was inevitable that he and Shane should end up together. The universe worked strangely like that.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-07-2018, 01:20 AM

"You're always gonna be an idiot," Shade said, grinning, "But we're good." Shane said, as he stood up to throw away the trash, "I mean really this is a better outcome than me still being stuck pining. Even when you're dumb." He headed toward the living room as he said this, "Wanna watch a movie? We can make this a little like a first date, you know I can try and sneakily cuddle you cuz I'm nervous you're panic, but really you want is as much as I do. And we can just relax."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-07-2018, 08:46 PM

Making a face, Quinn tossed the foil from his taco at Shane, watching it bounce off the other man's shoulder. "Yeah, whatever. Maybe I am dumb." Scowling a second more, he finally let himself grin. Try as he might, he couldn't stay mad at Shane. After all this fighting, how could he? Following him to the living room, Quinn let himself fall onto the couch, patting the seat next to him. "Let's do this then. Just like you said, sneaky cuddling and all."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-16-2018, 02:52 AM

Shane grinned as he and Quinn settled onto the couch. They could do this. It may take some time and them both getting used to the new dynamic, but he didn't half to see why much had to change. They could just add some things that they couldn't do before. And take it one day at a time. Maybe, they'd have to address more of what happened, and Quinn's jealous. But that was a bridge for later. Right now, he was going to settle on the couch in their apartment, and sling his arm around his boyfriend when the time felt right. Settle into the fact that everything was okay. That he hadn't lost his best friend, but instead gained a boyfriend and how incredibly awesome that was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 PM

~Epilogue~

Honestly, Ciel was starting to get irritated. Last he heard from Shane, his life resembled a child's jigsaw puzzle after a temper tantrum, but rather than coming crying to Ciel for advice, he dropped into radio silence. Stalking down the sidewalk between the university theater and the parking lot, he created his own pathway through the crowds milling about after a practice show, using nothing more than a look. No matter how pretty he did his hair, it was obvious that he was in a mood.

'Damn straight. That guy better be okay or I'll have to start something!' Ciel huffed to himself, vaulting himself over some small cactus type plants instead of using the path into the parking lot. "A queen has to look after his own, right?!" he cried aloud, too wrapped up in his own mental tirade to care who heard him now. And yet, Ciel refused to be the first to call since he'd just butt in if Shane wasn't ready. Still, hadn't he waited more than a week at this point?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-17-2018, 03:54 AM

After much prodding, Shane had managed to convince Quinn that a nice night out type date would be going to see the theatre department's most recent production. If this also meant there was a pretty decent chance of running into Ciel well Quinn didn't necessarily needed to know that. And while sure Shane could have just texted some obnoxiously cute selfie to Ciel; somehow, this seemed like the better option.

It was after the show and they were walking back toward Shane's car, hands entwined and Quinn's head slightly resting on his shoulder, when he saw Ciel heading towards them in the parking lot. He smiled, but didn't move, not wanting to give away exactly what was about to happen. He knew Quinn still held some sort of grudge against Ciel, but he honestly wanted to show off that things had ended well. He wanted to show off his boyfriend, and Ciel had become one of his good friends over the past few weeks, and really the only one to know the full drama.

He didn't call out to the other male though instead just angled his and Quinn's path slightly so that they should walk in Ciel's field of vision, simply waiting for him to notice the couple.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-17-2018, 09:53 PM

Barely after Ciel's outcry faded into silence, he spotted something strange. Shane...and Quinn? Even confused as he was, a flash of anger still rose into his throat. What was that guy doing here? Before he could even fully realize the situation, Ciel altered his course to take him straight for the pair of men, words jumping from his mouth without thought or filter. "Hey, Shane! It's been a long time. What are you doing here?" Despite the overly cheerful tone, Ciel's words came out biting, his smile full of intensity.

Hearing the familiar voice, Quinn snapped to attention, lifting his head from Shane's shoulder, though not pulling apart their hands. He was, after all, trying to get used to this boyfriend thing. And with surprising success. "Ciel?" For a second, he was too surprised to sound bitter, having no idea that Shane planned any bit of this.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-18-2018, 04:00 AM

Shane clenched Quinn's hand in his, not wanting the other to step away from him. Honestly, if this went south, and the two got in another fight, he'd side with Quinn. But really he wanted the two to get along. It'd make his life so much either. He knew he needed a friend like Ciel in his life, as extra as the other was, because he cut through Shane's bullshit. But he'd been hung up on Quinn for so long and trusted him so much that he couldn't imagine a future without him either. He couldn't quite fight the eye roll at the tense nature of the two of them though. Seriously, they were both so dramatic.

"Oh, Ciel, hey!" he greeted, like he hadn't completely ghosted Ciel for the last week. And like things weren't strange and this wasn't plan. "Quinn and I decided the university show would be a great no pressure type date. I forgot you were in this show!" he exclaimed, hoping neither of them could see through him, even if the words sounding slightly forced, especially in the light cheer in his phone. "Maybe I should reintroduce Quinn to you? Ciel, this is Quinn. My boyfriend."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 01:32 AM

Ciel's eyes narrowed at Shane's suspicious greeting. He knew better than to trust that, but he didn't have the time to consider what exactly the lie was either. "Oh, what a surprise then. You forgot?" he added with a huff, about to go on a tirade about his importance to the quality of the program even if he wouldn't be on the stage itself. And then it hit him. Date. Date? "I'm sorry, wait." Ciel held up a hand, his body language blaring with question. "Did you say date?!"

Quinn blinked, not sure what to do with Ciel. The guy was so...extra. "Uh, yeah," he muttered back, still not sure that he was okay with talking to him, but also trying not to get upset for no reason. Ciel wasn't actively getting in his way, so it might be okay to let things be. "Since about two weeks." He flushed slightly, his voice growing less sure as he glance back at Shane. It was still new so it felt weird to admit out loud.