wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Here is where you'll find my fanfiction that is far from being done. I'm not very big on fanfix, because I don't have time to read crappy stories that claim to be fanfiction but aren't. The only fanfiction I've read is the SM trilogy by Janelle, which I thought was very good, although somewhat lacking in character development.

FOREWORD: Fanfiction is an original story based off something already published (usually anime/manga/movies). It is NOT a crossover and NOT a story that you created just so you could add in a character like yourself or a character you'd rather have fall in love with another character or something.

Examples of things that AREN'T fanfiction (I'll use SM in all of these, since my story is SM):

1. CROSSOVER: Sailor Moon meets Tenchi (from Tenchi Muyo) and falls in love with him.
2. [insert your name] enters the story and becomes a Sailor Senshi too!
3. Chibi-Usa is actually Prince Demando's daughter! Usagi dumps Mamoru and marries Demando.

Also, I HATE it when people write fanfictions and don't follow the original story at all. When you write a fanfiction, you're not supposed to change any of the original characters' personalities! Usagi is ditzy! She's not suddenly going to be a straight A student!

And another thing: I think you can't really write a good fanfiction unless you enjoy writing in the first place. I wrote novels before I even knew of anime, so I'm experienced in writing.

Now that I got all that out of the way, now I'll start talking about MY fanfic -- Sailor Moon Z. It is not a cross over, it is not a copy of Janelle's SMZ, none of the characters are me, and I don't change any of the original characters' personalities. I tried to stick to the story the best I could, and make it in the exact same way a Sailor Moon story would be. Some things are odd though, because I'm not an expert of Japan, so I don't know how their school system works and stuff. But I made up for that by making their school system be half American and half Japanese. I can do that, because SMZ takes place in the 30th Century, when California and Japan are supposed to be connected (it IS predicted by scientists). The basic plot is: The Zodiac Senshi are reincarnated on Earth, and fight in place of the original senshi (because they're old and retired) and Chibi-Moon. And the reason they replace her, well, she's sort of . . . unavailable, as you'll see once you read the story. This story follows the manga version of SM, not the anime version. So the chapters are in acts, not episodes. Obviously since it takes place in the 30th Century, these acts would follow after manga book #18. Without further adieu (sp?), here they are. And this story won't be complete for awhile, because they take so long to write, and my life is busy. (There are supposed to be 12 acts total when I finish.)

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 05:58 PM

SAILOR MOON Z: Act 1, “Star Transition”

Scene1: {background music: “I Have a Dream”}

Usa stared at the date on the school board. It read, “History Class, April 8th of 2903.” Usa remembered that it had been almost three years since she was in the 20th Century, fighting Nepherenia with the Sailor Soldiers.

Someone covered Usa’s eyes, waiting for her to guess who it was. Usa could hear her friend, Tabemono Kazari, giggling behind her. Usa could recognize Kazari’s laugh well – it was very loud and deep.

“It’s Ramblin’ Rose!” Pollux, the boy who sat across from Usa blurted out.

Usa felt the hands come off over her eyes. She turned around, seeing that the person who had done it was her other friend, Ramos Roshiva. She was 5’5” tall, with olive skin, lavender eyes, and bright red hair styled like Ten’ou Haruka’s only parted on the other side.

Pollux was the class clown, and he had a nickname for almost everyone he knew. He called Ramos Roshiva “Ramblin’ Rose” because she rambled often, and it was the title of an ancient song form the late 1900s. Pollux always listened in on her conversations and never hesitated in commenting. That was the main reason why Roshiva disliked him. It wasn’t unusual for Roshiva to threaten to beat him up, however, it never happened; they would just always compete in everything.

Roshiva glared angrily at Pollux, about to say something, but Usa spoke before she could:

“Good morning, birthday girl. You’re finally twelve years old like Kazari-chan and I are.”

Kazari had turned twelve on February 29th, and Usa had turned twelve on June 30th of last year.

“Oh, so today is Ramblin’ Rose’s birthday!” Pollux mocked. “I should’ve stayed home! The birth date of Ramblin’ Rose! Noooo! It’s just an excuse for more ramblin’! She probably rambled when she was born!”

Roshiva and Usa ignored him, but Kazari grinned. She was 5’3” tall, having pale freckled skin, dark red eyes, and curly dark pink hair which she wore in downward pigtails that reached her low-back. Kazari was always kind to Pollux. She had had a crush on him ever since she came to Juuban Junior High. Since she went to an all-girl’s school all her life before, she wasn’t used to having boys around. On her first day at Juuban, Pollux was the first one to talk to Kazari, so she was sure he was in love with her, even though what he said to her was meant as an insult. As the year went on, Pollux made fun of everyone – Roshiva, because she was a tomboy, and Usa, because she was a royal princess. But he slowly stopped teasing Kazari. Hense, Kazari was even more convinced he liked her. Whenever Kazari was with her friends and Pollux wasn’t around, she would brag about how they were destined to be together. Usa tried to tell her that Pollux just ignored Kazari because she was ordinary and normal, so he didn’t have anything to say to her. Kazari protested that she was far from normal, and so she just went on believing in her pretend fantasy.

“Well, Usa-chan,” Roshiva replied, sitting in her desk. “You started Kindergarten late; you should be in eighth grade.” [In the future, kids start Kindergarten at age 4.]

“But then I would’ve started Kindergarten early,” Usa insisted, perplexed. “Wouldn’t I? Oh well, what’s done is done. Who cares.”

“What’s wrong?” Roshiva asked. You’re acting different today.”

“It’s nothing,” Usa assured. “I’m just sleepy because I woke up in the middle of the night crying, and I couldn’t get back to sleep.”

“Crying?” Kazari asked. “Why?”

“I must have had a nightmare or something,” Usa answered. “But I didn’t remember anything about any dream.”

“It’s obvious,” Pollux broke in. “Even though you were sleeping, your conscience knew today was Rose’s birthday, and . . . well, that’s a scary enough nightmare for me!”

Pollux was 5’4” tall, with clear blue eyes, fair skin, and short messy blond hair that stuck out at odd angles.

“Grow up,” Usa growled at him.

“Oh, and you’re the example I should follow?” he shot back. “You’re not very mature yourself! Besides, you’re one year older than I am, so gimme a break! If you all didn’t know, I’m turning twelve on June 20th.”

“No one cares,” Roshiva replied, rolling her eyes.

“Anyway,” Kazari continued. “It’s good Usa-chan started Kindergarten late; if she was a grade above us, we wouldn’t have became friends.”

Kazari used to go to T*A Private Girls Academy with Roshiva, but they only went there for Elementry School, and then went to Juuban Junior High. However, Kazari and Roshiva hadn’t become friends until Kazari approached Usa the first day of seventh grade and they became friends. Not long afterwards, Usa made friends with Roshiva, and so Kazari became friends with her too, although Usa had a feeling Kazari only hung out with Roshiva because she was Usa’s friend.

“That was a mistake,” Pollux mumbled. “But hey! If you didn’t come to this school, you wouldn’t have met me!”

“Unfortunately, he went to Juuban Elementry with me,” Usa told her friends.

“Oh yeah,” Pollux agreed. “Princess and I go way back.”

Usa remembered that when she was eight or nine years old, Pollux made fun of Usa by saying she wasn’t really Neo-Queen Serenity’s child, and that if she was, she would be able to use the Ginzuishou Crystal. That was before the Dark Moon froze Crystal Tokyo; after Usa came back from the past with news that she had saved Earth, Usa was famous throughout the world, and no one made fun of her anymore . . . except Pollux. It wasn’t unusual though, because he made fun of everyone, even his own friends. His nick-name for Usa was “Princess.”

“I don’t see how you could stand him,” Roshiva told Usa.

“Aren’t y’all glad April Break is coming?” Kazari asked, changing the subject and giving Usa a suspicious look.

Usa wanted to ask Kazari, “What’s that look for?” but instead all she said was, “Yeah, I’m tired of getting up early. It seems so long ago since March Break.”

Each month, they had a week off from school. Their summer vacation only lasted about one month, beginning August 22nd and ending September 20th. When school resumed, that was when the next grade started.

“Aw, poor bunny!” Pollux remarked chuckling to himself.

“It’s not that bad,” Roshiva replied to Usa, ignoring Pollux. “It’s an adventure. I can’t wait for eighth grade to start . . . wow. . . .”

“She has no life!” Pollux said with glee.

Roshiva stood up, ready to lunge at Pollux, but the bell rang, so she sat back down. “You’re saved by the bell. One day I’ll get you.”

“Sure. . . .” Pollux murmered sarcastically.

Usa watched all her classmates get into their assigned seats. Soon everyone was sitting down except a strange tall girl who was standing next to their teacher. Usa didn’t recall ever seeing that girl before. If she had, she would have noticed; she was quite conspicuous, being 5’6” tall, with an uneven tan, soft yellow eyes, and messy straight hair which went to her butt.

Mr. Sensei [“sensei” means “teacher” in Japanese, but I’m not going to give a name to each teacher, so I’m just going to use “sensei” for all of them] took no hesitation speaking: “Good morning, everyone. We have a new student today. Please be courteous and maybe help her out around school . . . you know, showing her where things are and everything. Or if you don’t want to do that, at least be polite by being quiet while she gives us her introduction.”

He glanced at Pollux, who snickered.

“My name is Sasori Masago,” she began, her voice deep. “I turned twelve on November 18th. My favorite stone is topaz. My least favorite stone is the diamond. My favorite flower is the scorpion orchid. My favorite day is Tuesday; least favorite is Sunday. Favorite numbers are three and five; least favorite is nine. Favorite color – maroon; least favorite – white.”

She paused and fixed her gaze on Usa. Masago’s eyes flashed pink. Usa blinked, thinking she imagined it. Masago’s eyes were still soft yellow.

“I used to live in Hawaii before I came to Japan,” Masago continued. “I went to Mugen Academy when I first came here. The reason I transferred to Juuban is because. . . . Well, anyway, I loved Hawaii, but I had my reasons for moving. My favorite place is Hawaii, because I like the rainforest-type weather. No offense to you, Mr. Sensei, but my least favorite place is school. Favorite food – escargot; least favorite – any cold, dry foods. Favorite subject – English, although I do best in Woodshop, which I pick as my elective class in every school I have attended. My least favorite subject is Science; it’s also the subject I am worst at. My dream job is to be a soldier. I don’t have a wish, because my opinion is that things are the way they are for reasons; people shouldn’t waste time dreaming. My strong points are extra sensory perception, determination, reflexes, and maturity. My weak points are compassion and holding my temper.”

Masago was still staring at Usa. Usa was staring back, startled and perplexed. Masago smiled quickly. Her eyes flashed blue. She turned to Mr. Sensei.

“That’s all I have to say,” Masago told him.

“Are you sure?” Mr. Sensei asked.

“Yes,” she answered firmly.

The introduction she just did was the traditional one that everyone was expected to do the first day of school. Since everyone had to do it once a year (or more, if they switched schools), it was quite an important thing to learn; therefore, every student was expected to have their full profile memorized in Kindergarten. The odd thing was, Masago had left out talking about her religion, hobbies, and marital and family status.

“Okay. . . .” Mr. Sensei said slowly. “Then you may take your seat over there.” He pointed to an empty seat across the room, on the other side of where Usa and her friends were seated. “I’ll give everyone a few minutes to get their supplies out.”

“That Sasori-san is almost taller than I am,” Roshiva whispered to Usa and Kazari.

“She’s a strange one,” Kazari whispered back. “My parents warned me about types like her. They’re bad news. Plus she lies! She said she was psychic!”

“She was probably just trying to impress everyone,” Roshiva replied. “Who knows? Maybe she really is psychic. I sometimes think I have special intuition about things.”

“She was staring at me the whole time. . . .” Usa said softly, mostly just to herself.

“She practically concealed her whole profile,” Kazari whispered thoughtfully. “Now what’s up with that?”

“Maybe I’m the reason she came here?” Usa wondered aloud, ignoring Kazari’s comment, and gazing at Masago taking out her school supplies. “She started staring at me when she was talking about transferring out of Mugen.”

“She probably caused trouble there,” Kazari continued, finally taking notice of Usa. “That school is for the gifted kids only, and Sasori-san is definitely not gifted. . . .”

“Both of you are talking foolishly,” Roshiva snapped. “Sasori-san probably--”

“Today is Ramos-san’s birthday!” Mr. Sensei announced.

Masago looked at Roshiva.

“She’s turning twelve today!” Mr. Sensei went on. “Let’s all sing Happy Birthday to her!”

{background music: “Ramblin’ Rose”}

“Happy birthday to you,” the class sang.

“Ramblin’ Rose, Ramblin’ Rose,” Pollux sang in unison.

“Happy birthday to you. . .”

“Why you ramble, no one knows. . . .”

“Happy birthday dear Ramos-san. . .”

“Wild and wind blown, that’s how you’ve grown. Who can cling to a ramblin’ rose?”

“Happy birthday to you.”

“Ramblin’ Rose, Ramblin’ Rose, why I want you, heaven knows. Though I love you, with a love true, who can cling to a ramblin’ rose?”

The class stared at Pollux, as he banged on his desk with his fists, laughing.

“Pollux,” Mr. Sensei cautioned, having no respect for him. “If you do something like that again, you’ll get detention. Now today in History, we will learn about the twentieth century. Japan and California weren’t connected back then. . . .”

“Roshiva-chan,” Usa grumbled. “I’m not being foolish. Did you see that?”

“What Pollux did?” Roshiva asked.

“No, before that. When Sensei announced your birthday, Sasori-san looked directly at you! How would she know you were Ramos-san? She must have been speaking the truth when she said she was psychic.”

“That’s absurd,” Kazari whispered. “It was just a coincidence. She’s a liar and a murderer. It doesn’t matter anyway; we can’t do anything about Sasori-san, and we can’t convince Roshiva-san of the truth; they’re both stubborn.”

Roshiva eyes narrowed. “You know nothing about Sasori-san to be judging her like that! And I’m not stubborn! You’re the only stubborn one, always making Usa-chan and me do only what you want us to do!”

“Excuse me,” Mr. Sensei interrupted. “You can argue later. Right now let’s focus on the twentieth century.”

{background music: “Super Trouper”}

Usa smiled thinly, remembering the times she had when she traveled back in time. First, it had been to get the legendary Sailor Moon to save Usa’s mother, Neo-Queen Serenity. Then later, Usa went back to the twentieth century to train to be Sailor Chibi-Moon.

Usa wondered if she would ever have to morph into Chibi-Moon again. Of course, if she would, she would be referred to as Sailor Moon because she wasn’t chibi (small) anymore. Plus the old Sailor Moon who was now Neo-Queen Serenity, had retired. Usa was only 4’10” tall, definitely chibi compared to Roshiva. But Usa was older than she was when she had traveled to the Twentieth Century last as Chibi-Moon; then she was ten, almost eleven. Coming June 30th, 2903, Usa would be thirteen, probably the oldest student in the seventh grade.

Wow, Usa thought, In June, I’ll be a teenager . . . I’ll become a lady, just like I’ve always dreamed.

Usa wasn’t sure if she wanted to morph again or not. Morphing would mean evil would arise again, threatening Earth’s happiness . . . just like old times. But Usa longed to morph again. Although it was a dangerous situation and not a game, Usa thought life was boring without having any evil to fight “in the name of the moon.” However, on the other hand, she would have to do it alone because all her Sailor Soldier comrades were grown up, and probably wouldn’t morph again. Usa wished Roshiva and Kazari were Sailor Soldiers; they would all fight together . . . Usa and her two best friends.

Mr. Sensei was still discussing the differences between the Twentieth and Thirtieth Centuries. Usa wasn’t listening to him. Usa knew all she needed to know about the Twentieth Century because she had been there. So Usa layed her head down on her desk and went to sleep.

The bell rang, waking Usa. She opened her eyes. Someone tugged on her long pink pigtails that reached her knees. Usa lifted her head around to see who it was. Pollux.

“You’re drooling on your desk, Princess,” he said.

Usa ignored him, picking up her backpack. Kazari was putting hers on, smiling. Roshiva stepped over to Pollux and grabbed his shirt colar.

“Leave Usa-chan alone,” Roshiva warned Pollux.

“Now now Rose,” Pollux said, a sweat drop on his blonde hair. “There’s no need to get physical. You don’t want to embarrass yourself in front of your friends, do you?”

“I wouldn’t be embarrassing myself,” she replied, roughly letting him go. “I’d only be embarrassing you by beating you up.”

“If we had a fight,” Pollux said, trying to hide his smile. “I will hurt you very badly, if I don’t end up killing you. Not only would your friends feel bad, I will too; it’s against my morals to beat up a girl. But . . . it’s against my pride to decline from a challenge. I’ll have no choice but to accept. . . .”

Roshiva gritted her teeth angrily. “Race me on the track in P.E.”

“You’re on!” Pollux yelled with excitement, going into a staring contest with her.

They all had P.E. together.

“Oh, I can’t wait to see that race,” Kazari said, grinning at Pollux’s and Roshiva’s serious expressions.

Pollux’s straight face turned into a smirk, and then a much-failed-hidden-smile. He spit in Roshiva’s face and burst out laughing, hitting his desk with his fist again.

“Damn you!” Roshiva shouted, slapping him with one hand and wiping the saliva off her face with her other hand.

“See you in seventh period,” Pollux called complacently to Roshiva, as she put her backpack on and walked out the door.

Since Kazari shared every class with Usa, Kazari waited for Usa to put her backpack on. But Usa just put her backpack on her desk, and touched Pollux’s shoulder, stopping him from leaving the classroom, as he was about to do. He turned around and looked down at her.

“Please stop bothering Roshiva-chan,” Usa pleaded, her red colored eyes in sorrow.

Pollux stared at her, smirking. He stroked her cheek. “You’re pretty when you’re sad, Princess. The damsel in distress asked so nicely, so . . . I’ll go easy on Rose at the race. See ya around, Princess.”

He left. Usa looked around the classroom. She and Kazari were the only people left; even Mr. Sensei wasn’t there.

“We better get to class,” Usa told Kazari, putting her backpack on.

Kazari stared at her, no longer smiling.

“What’s wrong?” Usa asked.

“Nothing. . . .” Kazari answered, and quickly led the way out the door.

Usa sensed Kazari was upset about something, so she made an attempt to cheer her up: “I’ll race you to class.”

Kazari seemed to agree because she didn’t speak. They ran side by side for a few seconds, but soon Kazari fell behind, even though Usa had only been jogging.

“Come on!” Usa called behind her shoulder. “I’ve seen you run faster! We’re gonna be late if you don’t hurry!”

“And who’s fault is that?!” Kazari yelled back, slowing her pace even more.

Usa ran backwards, facing Kazari. “What? What’s with your attitude?”

Kazari rolled her eyes. “Nevermind!”

“I’m gonna start running forward again!” Usa called, turning around. “I’ll trust you’ll put whatever attitude you have behind you for now until we get to class!” She ran as fast as she could to her second period classroom. She swung open the door and tried to walk calmly in, although her rapid breathing couldn’t be helped. Most of the students in the class stared at Usa, surprised that she – the perfect princess – would be almost late for class. Luckily, the bell hadn’t rung yet.

Usa plopped down in her seat and signed heavily. She looked behind her, expecting to see Kazari, but that seat was empty. “I didn’t think she was that far behind me.”

The bell rang. She turned to the front of the classroom to see the door opening, and Kazari coming in. She walked slowly across the classroom to her seat.

Wow, she looks really relaxed. She’s a good actress.

“Don’t you have a pass?” Ms. Sensei asked Kazari.

Kazari didn’t turn to look at her, but just answered behind her shoulder, “It’s not my fault.”

“Oh really,” Ms. Sensei replied sarcastically. “Then whose fault is it?”

“Usa-chan’s,” she said as she sat in her seat behind Usa.

“What?!” Usa demanded as she turned around to face Kazari.

“How is it her fault?” Ms. Sensei asked, getting all the students’ attention. They looked at Kazari with interest.

Kazari rolled her eyes, sighed, and explained in an annoyed tone, “At the end of first period, she held me up; she told me I wouldn’t be a good friend if I didn’t walk with her. So I waited. But she was awfully slow. However, I guess that was because she was still half asleep. She did, after all, sleep the whole class away.”

Some of the class laughed. A sweat drop formed on Usa’s head. “That’s not entirely true and you know it! What’s up with you?”

“But she certainly wasn’t too sleepy to flirt with Pollux,” Kazari continued as some students made “ooh” sounds and giggled. “She practically wouldn’t let him leave until she got to say how sexy he looked. When he finally left, I was still waiting patiently for Usa-chan to put her backpack on so we could leave. Usa-chan told me my shoes were untied, so I tied them. When I looked up, she wasn’t there. It turned out she ran ahead of me. I called for her to slow down, but she just laughed and ran faster. I guess that’s graditude for ya.”

“Well Tabemono-san,” Ms. Sensei said, clearing his throat. “That will do. I’m almost sorry I asked. Maybe next time you shouldn’t wait for her.”

“Ya know, that’s a good idea.”

“But I’m still marking you tardy,” Ms. Sensei reminded, turning around and walking to her desk.

“Good goin’,” Kazari grumbled sarcastically to Usa, slapping the side of her head.

“What’s wrong with you?” Usa demanded, rubbing her head.

“Don’t deny it, Usa-chan,” Kazari replied, turning to her side to face Kino Jovanna, Kazari’s friend only because Jovanna had been Usa’s only friend in elementary school, and Usa had introduced them when Kazari and Usa first became friends. Usa hdad been more like acquaintances with Jovanna; she only hung out with her because she was Kino Makoto’s daughter. (Usa’s mother was friends with Makoto.) Kazari became a closer friend to Jovanna than Usa would ever be to Jovanna.

“Usa-chan acts so blonde,” Kazari told Jovanna. “She probably was too sleepy to remember anything. Maybe she really is blonde, but she dyed it pink because pink is her favorite color. Her mom is blonde, after all.”

“No,” Jovanna objected with a smile. “Usa-chan wouldn’t dye her hair. She’s too mature for that.” Jovanna was 5’6” tall, with teal eyes and wavy purple hair in an upward ponytail held by a green ball barret. Her bangs looked just like Makoto’s.

“If anyone dyed their hair, it’d be you,” Usa accused Kazari. “I saw your baby photos when I went to your house; your hair was pure brick red.”

Kazari scowled at Usa. “The camera makes my hair look red.”

“When I took a photo of you, your hair turned out pink,” Usa insisted.

“It was the angle,” Kazari argued. “Or maybe the sun made it look lighter.”

“We were indoors.”

“Whatever! I didn’t dye my hair.”

“Well I didn’t dye mine either.”

“What’s with you two today?” Jovanna asked. “It’s not that big of a deal.”

“Usa-chan’s always stubborn,” Kazari explained.

“I am not!”

“See? She’s so stubborn she won’t accept the truth.”

“Turn your books to page 89,” Ms. Sensei told the class.

Usa sighed, but it was hardly heard because Kazari’s sigh was much more loud and obviously a sign of annoyance. Usa heard whispers coming from them.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 PM

Scene2: Usa was working on her math, doing pretty well. Kazari was sitting behind her, having trouble.

“This is so hard,” Kazari murmured.

Usa heard her, and turned around. “I’ll help you if you like.”

Kazari looked at her. “Okay, just as long as you don’t brag about being so smart. I would ask Jovanna-chan, but she’s not in this class with us.”

Usa looked at Kazari, confused. “I wouldn’t; I never brag.”

“Yes you do; you do it all the time.”

“Kazari-chan, I don’t know what’s wrong with you today. You’re lying about me, and I don’t know why. Please, if there’s something bothering you, just tell me, and we can work it out.”

“I don’t lie,” she replied calmly. “Lying is when you hurt someone. You’re my best friend; I’d never hurt you. And there’s nothing wrong with me.”

Usa wanted to object but didn’t.

Maybe if I just go along for awhile, she’ll stop being so immature, Usa thought, and started helping Kazari with her math.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Scene 3: Usa groaned as she sat down in her desk. She was in her fourth period class, Science, which happened to be Usa’s worst subject next to Language. To make things worse, Pollux had this class with her too. Usa didn’t need him annoying her when her day was going bad enough as it was. However, Kazari was acting normally again, so that was one good thing.

Today we’re going to do the lab project I talked about with you yesterday,” Ms. Sensei announced. “So everyone get into groups of three. No more.”

The classroom got noisy as everyone got into groups. Usa stood up to ask Kazari and Jovanna (who was also in this class with them) to be in a group with her. But before Usa opened her mouth to speak, Kazari said:

“Pollux, would you like to be in a group with Jovanna-chan and me?”

Pollux had been serious, but then he smiled. “Sure I will.”

“Kazari-chan,” Usa protested in confusion. “Don’t you want to be in a group with me?”

“No thanks.”

“But we’re always together.”

“It’s getting a little boring with you. Besides, you always distract me from doing my work . . . talking about how depressed you are, and how much you wanna kill yourself. I’m tired of dealing with you; you talk about the same stuff every day . . . all that stuff you think you see but isn’t really there . . . what’s that called?”

“I don’t hallucinate!” Usa said.

“Yeah, that’s it. Your psychiatrist told you that word, huh? Oh, by the way, I told my parents about what you talk about all the time, and they said I can’t hang out with you anymore.”

“That stuff isn’t even true!” Usa yelled in rage. “It sounds more like you!”

“I don’t hallucinate,” Kazari replied.

“Besides that.”

“Poor Princess is trying to cover up!” Pollux commented, chuckling.

“You!” Usa said, whirling around. “Stay out of it!”

“Don’t talk to him like that!” Kazari scolded. “And stop spreading untrue rumors about me. I thought we could go our separate ways gently, but I should have known better; you never agree to anything unless it’s your idea. Wouldn’t you rather break up quick and easy than bitch about it and make it long and hard?”

It was a good thing Usa had her back turned to them now, because Usa was starting to cry in frustration. Pollux was still chuckling. Usa turned away from him and sat back in her desk.

Jovanna cleared her throat. “Should we begin the lab experiment now, Pollux, Kazari-chan?”

“Yeah, let’s get started,” Kazari agreed.

Usa turned her head slightly to see them in the corner of her eye. They went to the only lab station left, which was the one closest to where Usa was sitting.

Ms. Sensei walked over to Usa’s desk. “Why aren’t you working?”

Usa swallowed thickly and tried to hold back her tears. “I don’t have a group.”

“Pollux’s friends don’t have a third person yet.”

Usa glanced over at them. Ms. Sensei was talking about these two boys who were Pollux’s sidekicks; they always backed him up on his insults. They looked quite angry and confused about why Pollux joined a group with Kazari and Jovanna. Usa felt the same way.

“I’d prefer not to be in their group.”

“Then I have no choice but to give you a zero on this assignment.”

She walked away.

Usa had never failed an assignment before. She wished Roshiva was there; Usa had no one to talk to about her problems. Usa was sure this day was the worst day of her life.

When I get home, I can’t confide in Mama or Papa because they have world-government business, so they don’t get home until late. And Diana went with them.

“Maybe I shouldn’t be in your group,” Usa could hear Pollux say. “My friends need me, ya know, to be a leader to them; they look up to me. Plus . . . Princess will never forgive me for joining your group and leaving her without one.”

“Don’t be influenced by her,” Kazari said, holding his eye. “If you’re afraid she’ll do something to you when she’s queen, don’t’ worry about it; she isn’t really the daughter of Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endymion anyway. She can’t do anything to you with the Ginzouishou Crystal because she’s an imposter princess.”

“In your dreams maybe,” Pollux replied. “I use dto accuse her of that too, but she used its power to save Crystal Tokyo several years ago.”

“That’s what she had everyone believe. Ya see, she really is an evil witch, and she uses her witchcraft to make the world believe whatever she wants it to. She gets good grades in class when she doesn’t do anything to credit her grades. In First Period this morning, she fell asleep, remember? But Mr. Sensei didn’t care. In Second Period, she made me late for class, but the teacher didn’t do anything about it, except mark me tardy. And right now, she’s sitting there doing nothing, ubt the teacher didn’t make her work with your friends, Pollux-san.”

“Well, I don’t think--” Pollux began.

“Usa-chan doesn’t even like people,” Kazari continued, her voice soft and casual. “I think everyone would be better off killing themselves than to be one of the poor, helpless people ruled by her. She told me that she kills people. She probably will kill us all once she becomes queen.”

Usa turned more towards them, seeing Jovanna putting her hand to her mouth in fright.

“Then why do you hang out with her?” Pollux asked.

“Usa-chan forces me to be with her.”

“You take that kind of abuse?”

Kazari laughed. “It’s fun though. I’m not sure but I think she does that because I’m the real princess.”

“You? You look less like the king and queen than Princess does.”

Kazari’s smile thinned out. “I said I’m not sure. I think she put a spell on me so I would forget. But royalty never forgets. It’s funny how naïve evil can be. . . . Anyway, I do look like the king and queen; my eyes sometimes change to the same shade the king’s eyes are. And my hair is actually golden blonde. My parent adopted me, so I sure my real parents are the king and queen.”

Usa couldn’t stay clam any longer. She stood up, strode to Kazari, and grabbed her arm, careful to not hurt her too much. “You liar!”

Usa pounded her against the science lab table, making Kazari topple backwards a bit.

“Get-off-me!” Kazari yelled, her voice deep again. She grabbed Usa’s arm tightly, slinging her away. Kazari then straightened her clothes.

“Settle down now children,” Pollux said, trying not to laugh.

“Shut-up!” Usa said, trying to be stern without raising her voice.

Kazari slapped Usa on the back of her head. “Look what you did with your nine-inch nails!”

Kazari showed Usa her arm, which was red from Usa squeezing it so hard, but there was no broken skin.

“I don’t have nine-inch nails!” Usa argued, pushing Kazari’s arm away. “I cut my nails a few days ago! Your nails are longer than mine! Besides, I didn’t even dig into your arm! Even if I did, you deserve it!”

Kazari rolled her eyes and called in and called in an irritated voice, “Sensei . . . Serenity-san just attacked me and dug into my arm with her nine-inch nails. . . .”

Usa gritted her teeth as Ms. Sensei looked up from her desk and gestured for Usa to sit down. Usa plopped down in her seat, hot with anger. She started to rest her head on her hands, but quickly stopped when her elbow hurt when it touched her desk. Usa looked at her elbow. There was blood.

“Usa-chan has psychotic problems,” Kazari told Pollux and Jovanna, her voice soft and casual again. “She has a bad attitude. However, she’s only violent because she was abused as a child. Maybe that explains why she turned out so evil.”

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 PM

SCENE 4: {background music: “Mamma Mia”}

It was Lunch Period now.

Usa left the classroom, wondering if Roshiva would eat lunch with her.

“Usa-chan!” Kazari called.

Usa turned around, her eyes narrowed.

“Wait up!”

Kazari ran up to her. Usa noticed Kazari was running at least twice as fast as she had between first and second period.

“What do you want?” Usa asked.

“God,” Kazari said, offended. “What’s your problem? We usually eat lunch together. If you don’t want to, I guess I could go catch up with Jovanna-chan.”

Usa glared at her. “You said I forced you to be with me, which isn’t true at all. But if that’s what you thought, then I’ll tell you now that if you don’t want to be my friend, then you don’t have to.”

“Come on, let’s sit down and eat.”

They went to a tape and sat down.

“I was mad,” Kazari answered.

About what? Usa wanted to ask, but didn’t. Instead she said, “Whatever.”

Kazari started sobbing. “Usa-chan, I’m so sorry. Jovanna-chan wanted me to break up with you. . . . I guess she was jealous or something. . . . I’m so sorry. . . . Please forgive me. . . . But I’ll understand if you don’t want to. . . . I made a friendship bracelet for you last night.”

Usa was silent. She started eating her lunch. Usa took a bite of sushi, chewed slowly, then said unevenly, “I forgive you.”

Kazari wiped away her tears and handed Usa her friendship bracelet. “Thank you.”

“Did Jovanna-san also tell you to be in a group with Pollux instead of me?”

Kazari nodded, sniffling. Usa wasn’t sure she believed Kazari, but she decided to think about it later.

Kazari took a bite of food, then said, “I don’t think I like Pollux-san anymore . . . as a crush, anyway. I only like him as a friend. He told me once that he sucks blood.” She paused, looking at Usa for a reaction.

Usa continued to chew her food slowly. He’s far from being your friend, she thought.

“But an old fortune teller friend of mine who still goes to T*A Private Girls Academy told me I would marry someone named Pollux. I can’t change the future like you have the luxury of doing, so I guess I’ll have to marry Pollux-san whether I like it or not. I hope he won’t suck my blood. I had a dream about marrying him, and I saw his friends kill you in the background. I hate to say it, but my dreams always come true. I didn’t see it in my dream, but maybe he’ll suck your blood.”

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:15 PM

SCENE 5: {background music: “One of Us”}

Sixth period had gone smoothly, and now Usa was in her seventh period P.E. class. It was almost the end of school. She and everyone else had finished running the mile, and had changed into their regular clothes. Now most of them were talking with friends or lying on wooden benches, enjoying the fresh, spring air. Jovanna and Kazari were going got a nine meter track to watch Roshiva and Pollux race. Usa followed them. She noticed Pollux’s friends were coming to watch also.

“Hey!” Usa called out to Kazari and Jovanna. They didn’t turn their heads. Usa jogged, catching up with them, and waved her hand in front of their eyes, saying, “Hel-lo. . . .”

Jovanna blinked uncomfortably, but Kazari didn’t even flinch.

“On your mark!” Kazari yelled to Roshiva and Pollux.

Usa turned and saw Roshiva and Pollux kneeling down, keeping their eyes peeled to the finish line. Roshiva looked determined, maybe even a little angry. Pollux was wearing his usual smirk. Usa could see him saying something to Roshiva (a smart-aleck remark no doubt) but Usa couldn’t hear it.

“Get set! Go!”

They started running, both very fast, but neither one of them in the lead yet.

Jovanna started cheering (she loved games and tournaments), and then Kazari joined in, her loud, booming voice blocking out Jovanna’s softer voice. Usa wanted to cheer too, but she thought if she tried to, instead of joyous shouts and laughter would come sobs of sorrow and frustration.

“Why are you doing this?” Usa choked out, her tear filled eyes looking at Kazari. “What did I do to deserve what you’re doing to me?”

Kazari and Jovanna kept their eyes on the race. Kazari was still cheering, louder than before. Jovanna had stopped, and she was swallowing thickly, seeming nervous about something. Usa felt her tears roll down her cheeks, and turned away so Kazari wouldn’t see. Roshiva and Pollux were almost near the finish line, and still no one was in the lead.

“Come on!” Kazari urged through clenched teeth.

Usa wondered who Kazari was rooting for; she claimed not to be infatuated with Pollux anymore, but Kazari was hardly good friends with Roshiva; they had arguments almost everyday.

Kazari laughed as they tied. Pollux’s friends greeted him, and Jovanna jogged to Roshiva, Kazari and Usa following quickly. Usa wanted to call to Roshiva, but Kazari and Jovanna reached her first. Usa stood in the background, silently crying, waiting to see if Roshiva would notice her.

“You did great, Roshiva-san,” Jovanna complimented.

Roshiva nodded, though she looked disappointed. She spotted Usa. “What’s wrong with Usa-chan?”

“She’s just upset because she failed an assignment,” Kazari answered hastily, not bothering to turn around and look at Usa.

“Aw. . . .” Roshiva said sympathetically. “That’s Usa-chan for you – depressed over failure.”

“Following in her mother’s footsteps,” Kazari murmered.

“I was sort of surprised when you didn’t win the race,” Jovanna told Roshiva, changing the subject.

“Yeah, so was I,” Roshiva agreed grimly. “I probably would have won if we hadn’t run the damn mile before we raced. Running the mile tired me out.”

Usa concluded that Roshiva wasn’t going to talk to her, so she walked away. More tears were falling down her cheeks. She wanted to get as far away from Kazari as possible. On the way, she passed Pollux and his friends.

“I would have won,” Pollux was saying loudly to his friends. “But Princess over there begged me to go easy on Rose. I bet you’re happy about that, aren’t you Miss Evil Imposter Princess! I lit up your day, actually listening to you after I made you so angry in Science! You should thank me! Then apologize for telling me to shut-up!”

Usa wasn’t angry anymore; she was just terribly sad; Kazari had ruined her life and Usa didn’t know why or even how to fix it. Usa walked faster so she could get away from Pollux. She tried to muffle her sounds of crying.

“Hey,” Usa could hear Pollux say faintly. “I’ll be right back.”

Usa heard Pollux coming to her, the grass making smooshy noises as he walked. It was wet from the April rain that had fallen earlier. Usa broke into a sprint. But the grass was too slick; she slipped and fell. Pollux caught up. Usa didn’t bother getting up. She was crying too hard now to do anything. She covered her face with her hands and curled up in the muddy grass. She was going to be so dirty when she got home, but she quickly disregarded the thought. Pollux was still standing there. Usa was surprised he wasn’t making any jokes yet, or even laughing.

She stared at his feet, not wanting to see the cruel expression he most likely had on his face. She cleared her throat and tried to speak evenly: “Go away.”

Pollux didn’t leave. Usa sniffled angrily, and looked up at his face. He wasn’t wearing a cruel expression; it was more like a look of concern.

“What do you want?” Usa asked quietly, tasting her tears.

“It’s your fault Tabemono-san isn’t your friend anymore,” he said carefully.

Usa turned her head back to the ground, shouting, “You don’t know anything!”

Pollux knelt down to face her, raising her chin so their eyes would meet. “Maybe I don’t. What Tabemono-san said was pretty far-fetched, but you have to give her a little credit – why would she lie?”

“Why don’t you ask her?” Usa suggested scornfully, glaring contemptuously into his blue eyes, trying to make him leave. But he stayed where he was.

“She has already told me her story. Why don’t you tell yours?”

Usa didn’t want to tell him, but she wanted him to leave her alone. She just felt she had to vent her feelings to someone, and he was the only one who would listen.

“Kazari-chan and I have been friends since the beginning of seventh grade,” Usa began. “We got into little arguments about once a week. Sometimes if we were lucky it’d be once a month. . . . But usually we would make up within an hour . . . nothing like this has ever happened before . . . she’s telling lies about me, and then expecting me to be her friend again. And I do – I forgive her . . . but then I turn around and she’s spreading rumors about me again. . . .

“This whole thing started when I told you to go easy on Roshiva-chan at the race. Kazari-chan stopped smiling, and she started giving me sarcastic attitude. . . . I asked her what was bothering her, and all she did was ignore me. All she ways is lies, Pollux. It makes me wonder if anything she told me when we used to be friends was true. In second period, Kazari-chan told Jovanna-san I was flirting with you in History Class. That wasn’t true, was it?”

Pollux stood up. “No, that’s not true.”

Usa stood up too, still sobbing. “You believe me, don’t you?”

“Everything is hearsay,” Pollux answered.

Usa wept louder, kicking the muddy grass in frustration. She lost her balance and felt herself fall. But she didn’t land on the grass. She looked up. Pollux had caught her. Usa stopped crying and straightened herself.

“Who do you believe?” Usa asked softly.

He hesitated. “You.”

Usa hugged him. “Thank you,” she replied through tears of joy. “Thank you so much.”

“Tabemono-san is watching us,” Pollux whispered. “She looks angry.”

Usa turned around and looked at her. Kazari waved quickly. “Which one of us was she waving at?”

“I don’t know. She was angry just before you looked at her . . . it looked as if she had fire in her eyes.”

“I don’t know what her problem is,” Usa said, sniffling and shivering as sprinkles of rain began to fall. “I think she’s the one with psychotic issues.”

“If she affects you like this, just ignore her,” he said softly, wrapping his arms around her.

“I keep trying but the things she say make me so angry!”

“She’s not worth crying over. Don’t give her attention by fighting back. Be strong in your mind and she’ll stop.”

“You’re so kind,” she complimented with a smile. “I never would have thought you would ever give me helpful advice, Pollux. No offense. You really made me feel better. Thanks again.”

The bell rang. It was the end of school.

“Call me Pollux-kun,” he replied, returning her smile. “We’re more like friends now, wouldn’t you say?”

“Yes,” Usa agreed gratefully. “You may call me Usa-chan. Will you call me sometime tonight? I want to talk to you more, if it isn’t too much trouble. My number is 636-5239. Do you think you will remember?”

He ran off towards the school exit. “Yeah, I’ll remember!” he called. “Take care!”

Usa smiled contently. The day hadn’t turned out so bad, but she definitely didn’t want to go through it again. She turned around to walk home.

Kazari was standing in front of her. Her expression was serious. Usa jumped when she saw her. Something about Kazari made Usa nervous.

{background music: “Ring Ring”}

“What did you and Pollux-san talk about?” Kazari asked her, her voice on edge.

Usa remembered Pollux’s words: “. . . Be strong in your mind, and she’ll stop.”

Usa sucked in a breath and walked away from her. Kazari wasn’t following, so Usa made her way home to the Crystal Palace. She passed Roshiva and Jovanna. Roshiva looked at Usa, trying to read her expression. Usa felt her lip quiver. She ran home. She didn’t want to start crying again, especially in front of Roshiva, who had probably been fed lies too.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:16 PM

SCENE 6:

Usa was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about the day’s events. She wondered if Pollux would call her soon. She heard the door bell ring. Usa got up off her bed and went into the foyer to where the front door was. She wondered who would come to the palace.

[time passes] Roshiva walked up to the Crystal Palace. She wanted to know if Usa was all right; Usa had looked upset during P.E. When Roshiva reached the door, she rang the door bell. No one answered.

“Usa-chan!” Roshiva yelled, ringing the door bell more. “It’s Roshiva-chan! Answer the door! I just wanna talk!”

Still no one answered. Maybe their doorbell was broken. Roshiva decided to try to knock gently (because the palace was made out of hard crystal quartz). She knocked, and when she did, the door opened. Evidently, the door hadn’t even been locked. She found this very strange since the royal family was famous; they needed security.

Roshiva stepped inside. Usa was lying on the marble foyer.

“Usa-chan?” Roshiva asked tensely, kneeling down.

She shook her. Usa didn’t move. She grabbed Usa’s wrist and felt for her pulse. Roshiva felt nothing more than the coldness of her snow white skin. She stood up and backed away.

“She’s dead. . . .”

Roshiva stared down at her with wide eyes. How could Usa be dead? How had it happened? There wasn’t even any blood anywhere. Usa looked so peaceful there, her delicate little body still perfect as always, as if she was only sleeping.

Just then, the phone rang. Roshiva stared at it, startled. It rang again.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:17 PM

SAILOR MOON Z: Act 2, “Zodiac Sailor Senshi (Soldiers)”

Scene 1: Roshiva went to pick up the phone.

She swallowed. “Endymion-Serenity residence.”

“Rose?”

“Pollux?” Roshiva asked, confused.

“What are you doing at Princess’ house?”

Suddenly Roshiva was angry. “I was her friend, you know. Where did you get this number?”

“Usa-chan gave it to me,” Pollux replied proudly. “I’m her friend too. And what’s with the past tense? Are you two not friends anymore? What did Tabemono-san tell you?”

Roshiva didn’t speak. Everything was happening so fast. Usa dead? Pollux her friend? What did Kazari have to do with anything?

“Usa-chan is dead,” Roshiva answered finally.

“Trying to take my place?” he asked, chuckling. “Since I took your place as her best friend, you’re gonna be the person who teases everyone? I may be able to take your place, but you can never take mine. Seriously, Rose, that wasn’t funny. Don’t joke about people dying.”

“Would you shut up and stop being so full of yourself?! I am serious! She’s dead!”

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Scene 2:

[Meanwhile]

Pollux hung up the phone.

“It’s impossible,” he told himself. “It can’t be. How can she be dead?”

He closed his eyes as a wave of intense heat swept over him. His head was throbbing.

“Please let Usa-chan be all right,” he whispered. “Let Rose be joking.”

He sucked in a breath. Thoughts were racing through his head. How did she die? Did someone kill her? Who? Why? What was he going to do?

It was getting hot inside. He decided to take a walk outside. Whatever he did, he didn’t want to stay inside. He felt he had to do something to help Usa, but he didn’t know what.

He left his house and let the door slam behind him.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:19 PM

Scene 3:

[Meanwhile]

Two ladies were hiding outside the Crystal Palace. They were peering in on Roshiva. She had left the door open.

“You called me over, Queen Lily-sama,” the taller girl whispered. “So I came. Were you the one who killed --”

“Yes, Giovanna,” Queen Lily hissed.

Giovanna was about 5’7” tall, but she was probably shorter without her knee-high black high-heeled boots. She was wearing tight army colored shorts that revealed most of her thighs, and a matching shirt with a round colar. A plum colored bandana was covering her mouth. Her eyes looked lime color through her yellow shades. Her wavy hair was purple and flowed down past her low back. A black headband held back her bangs.

Queen Lily was about 5’5” tall, but like Giovanna, she was probably shorter without her black platform shoes. Lily was wearing a long maroon skirt which reached her feet. However, the skirt was far from being unrevealing because it had slits on both sides of her legs; the slits practically went up to the top of her skirt. She was wearing a black vest with a V-collar that didn’t have any zipper or buttons to keep it closed. Her skin was ivory white and her curly maroon hair, which reached her low-back, matched the color of her skirt. Her bangs were long and draped over her maroon eyes.

“Was that really necessary?” Giovanna asked quietly.

“Yes!” Queen Lily snapped. “Don’t question my actions!”

Giovanna bowed her head suddenly and whispered hastily, “Please forgive me. I brought the monster you requested. You can use it to kill the witness.”

Giovanna tossed Queen Lily a card and ran off.

Thank goodness for Giovanna’s Science skills, Queen Lily thought, looking at the card. It was a three of clubs.

“You!” a voice shouted at Queen Lily.

Lily’s head shot up at the voice. Roshiva had spotted her.

“Who are you?” Roshiva demanded, stepping out into the front of the Crystal Palace where Lily stood.

“I am Queen Lily,” she replied with burning pride, tucking the card into the back of her skirt.

“Queen of what?” Roshiva asked. “Neo Queen Serenity is the queen of the world; there is no other queen.”

“To hell with Neo-Queen Serenity,” Lily said, rolling her eyes and disregarding the matter with a wave of her hand.

Roshiva was appalled. “How dare you!”

Lily was suddenly angry. “No, how dare you, stupid amazon. I will soon be Queen of this world, so bow before me and beg for forgiveness unless you want to get crushed by my almighty power!”

“You murdered Usa-chan, didn’t you?!” Roshiva demanded, glaring at her in rage.

Lily grinned and flipped her hair out of her eyes, but the hair fell back to its original place. “Murder is such a strong word for such a naïve child. What I did was justice.”

Roshiva clenched her fists and ran up to Lily, punching her hard in the stomach and pushing her to the ground.

“I’ll show you justice!” she spat, kicking her.

Lily cowered in a ball and started crying.

“Weak!” Roshiva cursed. “You’re all talk and no action. There was no blood on Usa-chan, so tell me – how did you kill her?”

Lily staggered to her feet, sniffling. “The same way I’ll kill you!” She raised her hands in the air and formed a golden light.

Roshiva covered her eyes, stepping back. She thought she would be joining Usa soon, by whatever power that woman had.

At least I’ll die with honor, Roshiva thought.

But suddenly the light was gone, and the evening darkness returned. She opened her eyes. Lily looked just as surprised as she was. A rose was near Lily’s black platform shoes. Roshiva knew it was what somehow stopped the blinding light Lily had created from her hands.

“Who threw that rose?!” Lily demanded.

A guy stepped into view. It was dark, but the moonlight shown on him. He was wearing a navy tuxedo and a navy top hat that covered his blond hair. His eyes were covered by a white masquerade mask. Basically he looked like Usa’s father, King Endymion, only younger and with blond hair.

“I did,” he snapped.

Lily smiled playfully at him. “Is that so? What might your name be?” She flipped her hair back again and pretended to close her vest in embarrassment.

“My name is Tuxedo Star,” he answered flatly. “And don’t bother flirting with me; I’m far from interested in a busu (hag) who kills helpless girls.”

“I’m not helpless,” Roshiva grumbled through gritted teeth, backing into the shadows.

“If I can’t flirt with you,” Lily growled. “I’ll torture you.” She pulled out the card she had tucked away. Kissing it, she threw it at Tuxedo Star’s navy boots.

He stared at it.

Lily smirked. “Three of clubs!” she summoned. “Kheper!”

The card glowed green. Tuxedo Star stepped away from it. The card’s aura grew larger and then materialized into a giant green scarab with a red clover on its head.

Tuxedo Star pulled out a small navy stick that grew in length as he hit the scarab. There was a slapping sound, but the monster didn’t seem to be affected.

“It’s an ice scarab!” Lily giggled.

“Now you tell me,” he mumbled, running away from the monster as it tried to blow ice at him.

“Don’t run away!” she yelled at him. “You have the audacity to insult me and then you run like a coward?!”

Tuxedo Star stopped and scowled at her. “Tuxedo Meteor Shower!” Meteors fell from the night sky. Lily screamed and ran into the Crystal Palace for shelter. The scarab dodged all the meteors and continued to try to freeze Tuxedo Star.

“What a hypocrite,” Roshiva cursed as she looked up at the moon. “It’s getting late; I should go home.” She took one last look at the scarab chasing Tuxedo Star, and then turned to leave.

“Go Kheper, go!” Roshiva could hear Lily cheer. Lily cackled evilly.

Roshiva stopped and turned back. “I can’t just leave him there . . . he saved my life.”

She watched Tuxedo Star get pinned to the ground by the scarab, who was about to open its mouth and freeze him with its breath. Lily had her head poking out of the palace door, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

“Aries Power, Make Up!” Roshiva yelled with her hand in the air, a red Ram sign glowing on her forehead.

Roshiva’s fingernails turned bright red. Her school uniform disappeared and was replaced by a Sailor Soldier fuku (outfit) with a lavender bow, a red skirt, and red leather high healed boots.

She didn’t have time to think about what was going on. All she knew was that she wasn’t going to let Lily win. She ran out into the Crystal Palcae courtyard where Lily and Tuxedo Star were.

“Fire Cremation!” she yelled, aiming the attack at Kheper. It melted into a green puddle and then disappeared.

Lily gasped. She stared, horrorstruck, at Sailor Aries. “W-ho are you?”

“Sailor Aries,” she answered without hesitation. “I’m here to punish witches like you.”

Lily’s lip quivered, and she looked like she was about to cry.

Sailor Aries sniggered. “Who’s the coward now?”

“Power from the stars,” Lily chanted shakedly. “Take me back to headcourters.”

“And don’t pick on helpless guys!” Aries added as Lily faded away.

“Sorry, I couldn’t resist,” Aries said, turning to where Tuxedo Star was on the ground. “Thanks for--”

But he wasn’t there.

She looked around, surprised. He was gone. For some reason, she felt disappointed. She wanted to get a better look at him.

“You!” someone shouted.

She turned around. Queen Serenity and King Endymion strode out of the Crystal Palace.

“When did you get here?” Aries asked, bowing down.

“Rise,” Queen Serenity commanded. “Who are you?”

Aries stood up. “Ramos Roshiva of course.”

They stared at her.

She looked down at her fuku (outfit). “Or Sailor Aries. . . .”

“We teleported here a few seconds ago,” Endymion told Aries. “We saw Small Lady on the floor and the front door open. What happened?”

She hesitated. “I came here to see if Usa-chan was all right, because she seemed upset at school today. The door was slightly ajar when I got here. I went in and saw her on the floor. I checked, and I think she may be dead. . . .”

Serenity looked worriedly at Endymion.

“She can’t die because she is the next heir to rule the world. Plus the Silver Crystal’s power is supposed to keep everyone alive. Small Lady is probably in a coma, but the only way she could’ve gotten like that is if another crystal was used on her. Did you see the creature who did this to Small Lady?”

Relief swept over Aries. Usa wasn’t dead.

Aries took a deep breath. “When I was inside, I thought I saw two girls outside near the front door. But when I went outside, there was only one girl.”

“So this girl is the one who put Small Lady in a coma?” Serenity asked.

“I’m pretty sure,” Aries answered. “She said her name was Queen Lily. She tried to use her power on me too, but Tuxedo Star stopped her.

“Tuxedo Star?” they said in unison.

“Yeah. He kind of looked like you, King Endymion, only younger and with blond hair.”

Serenity and Endymion exchanged looks.

“Did you see Lily use any crystal?” Endymion asked Aries.

“No. A light just formed in her hands. Though she did summon ‘power from the stars’ to take her back to wherever she came from.”

“The Nova Crystal,” Endymion murmered.

“Um, how do I change back to my school uniform?” Aries asked.

“Just think about it and it’ll turn back,” Serenity replied with a smile.

No sooner had she said it than Aries was Roshiva again.

“Sailor Pluto told us a prophesy,” Endymion told Roshiva thoughtfully. “She said that the presence of the Nova Crystal would bring new evil, and new Sailor Soldiers would awaken – the Zodiac Soldiers.”

“The Nova Crystal belongs to my Aunt Tranquility, who lives on Kaido, the eleventh planet,” Serenity continued. “We used to visit eachother every decade, but one year when it was her turn to come to Earth, she never arrived. I haven’t seen or spoken to her since. I’ll contact her tomorrow morning to see if she knows anything about what’s going on.”

“So where does this leave me?” Roshiva asked. “And what about Usa-chan?”

“You’re a Sailor Soldier now,” Serenity told Roshiva. “You have many more responsibilities. The future rests in your hands. You must battle Lily to the death.”

“That sounds pretty neat,” Roshiva replied. “I’d love to make her pay for what she’s done to Usa-chan.”

“As for Small Lady,” Endymion continued. “She will probably remain in her coma until Lily is defeated.

“Or perhaps Queen Tranquility will know what to do,” Serenity suggested. “The Nova Crystal belonged to her, after all, so she of all people will understand its power.”

“But for now,” Endymion advised. “Just go home and don’t tell anyone you’re Sailor Aries. We’ll let you know if some news comes up about Small Lady or the Nova Crystal.”

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Roshiva bowed and left for her house. All the street lamp-posts were on now. Besides them, the only other light was from the moon and the stars. Roshiva wondered if her parents were worried about her. She’d probably have to tell them where she was. She would have to tell them about Usa’s coma too. But there was no way she would tell them what else happened.

Roshiva had reached her house. She rang the door bell. Nandi, one of her older brothers, opened the door. He was smiling for once. Usually he was angry at one thing or another.

Nandi’s looks were a little different too. His dark brown hair was combed neater, and his lavender eyes looked brighter.

“What are you so happy about?” Roshiva asked flatly.

Nandi opened the door wider, revealing a girl who was leaning her head on his shoulder. She was 5’2” tall, with lightly tanned skin, deep blue eyes, and straight black hair that reached her shoulders.

They stepped aside to let Roshiva into the house.

“Aren’t you Bullock Oushi, that girl in my Home Economics class?” Roshiva asked the girl.

“Yes, and you must be Roshiva-san?”

“I see you two have already met,” Nandi said. “Shiva-chan, she’s my girlfriend. I invited her over to dinner tonight.”

“Speaking of which--” Roshiva’s mother, Fionnula declared. “It’s ready!”

Everyone sat down at the table. Nandi had to get an extra chair for Oushi. She waited solemnly by the wall, staring at the floor. When Nandi got the chair, she sat down across from Roshiva. Then they all started eating.

Roshiva had a fairly large family. There was herself, Nandi, her mother Fionnula, her father Ganesh, her sixteen year old brother Vishu, her twin brother Braham, her seven year old sister Makara, and her four year old sister Krishna.

Fionnula was 5’8” tall with fair skin, pink eyes, and straight light red hair. She was active and talkative, and often childish.

Ganesh was 5’11” tall with dark tanned skin, plum eyes, and straight dark brown hair. He was wise and understanding. He believed no one was completely evil.

Vishnu was 5’9” tall with olive skin, lavender eyes, and straight light red hair. He was caring and thoughtful. He was quiet, but liked to make new friends.

Braham was 5’5” tall with olive skin, lavender eyes, and straight red hair. He was creative and talkative. He never got angry at anyone; like Ganesh, he believed no one was completely evil.

Makara was 4’4” tall with olive skin, lavender eyes, and straight brown hair that reached her shoulders. She was probably the quietest in the family. She cried easily and didn’t have much respect for herself.

Krishna was 2’9” tall with olive skin, lavender eyes, and messy red hair that was just long enough to keep a stubby ponytail. She was loud and wild. She often got hurt because she never obeyed adults when they warned her about things.

“So where were ya, Shiva?” Fionnula asked. “We were worried you’d miss dinner.”

Roshiva took her time chewing her food. Finally she swallowed and said, “I went to Usa-chan’s house.”

“Is that Princess Serenity?” Oushi asked softly, staring at her plate.

“Yeah,” Roshiva answered. “But something happened to her, and now she’s in a coma.”

“Coma?” Krishna asked as everyone suddenly stopped chewing.

“It’s when you fall asleep and don’t wake up for a long time,” Braham told Krishna.

“How did that happen?” Fionnula asked in shock.

“I don’t know,” Roshiva answered.

“That’s horrible,” Vishu commented. “I sure hope she gets out of it soon.”

“Yeah,” Roshiva agreed quietly.

Ganesh and Makara didn’t usually talk much, so Roshiva didn’t think much of them being quiet. But she looked at Nandi and Oushi to see their reaction. Nandi looked uncomfortable, and Oushi was concentrating on eating her rice. Her bangs draped over her eyes as she ate. The way the light shined on her hair made it look the same deep blue as her eyes. She and Nandi seemed to have similar personalities, so Roshiva could understand why they liked each other. But she wondered how they met sine Oushi was in seventh grade and Nandi was in ninth.

“You like the rice?” Fionnula asked Oushi, clearing her throat.

“Yes. Rice is my favorite food.”

“Do you like the beef?” Fionnula asked. “I didn’t know if you liked it rare or not.”

“I don’t eat beef.”

“Oh,” she replied, embarrassed.

“But the rice is ddelicious.”

“Vegetarian, ne?”

Oushi didn’t answer.

“So how did you meet my brother?” Roshiva asked, breaking the silence.

“We’re in the same class.”

“Really?”

“Math,” Nandi replied. “She’s in advanced math, and I didn’t pass it last year, so we’re both in eighth grade level math.”

“You like math?” Vishnu asked Oushi.

“No.”

“She likes World History,” Nandi told Vishnu.

“I like P.E.,” Roshiva said.

“I hate it,” Oushi replied softly.

[Scene flashes to the night sky with the sounds of crickets; then Nandi comes into the house as Roshiva climbs the stairs.]

“Shiva-chan,” Nandi said. “Wait up.”

Roshiva stopped on the stairs and looked at him. “Did you have fun walking Oushi-san home? She sure seems cold.”

“She’s really a great person,” Nandi replied, catching up with Roshiva on the stairs. We get into the deepest conversations. She just doesn’t talk much to other people.”

“As long as she makes you happy . . .” Roshiva sighed, turning for the stairs.

“Wait, I wanted to ask you something. Oushi-chan’s twelfth birthday is coming up, and I was wondering what to get her. . . .”

Roshiva chuckled. “Did you get me anything? Did you even know today was my birthday?”

“Just help me out, would ya?”

“What is her favorite flower?”

“A Scylla, but I want to get her something better than that.”

“Geez, you really got it bad for the girl. She better not break your heart or I’ll break her body.”

“Shut up and just give me another idea.”

“What’s her favorite gem?”

“Sapphire!” he exclaimed. “That’s perfect. I’ll get her jewelry. Thank you, Shiva-chan.”

He hugged her.

“And happy birthday!” he called as he ran up the stairs.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Scene 4: [scene changes to Roshiva’s dream]

Sailor Aries was with a bunch of other girls. Tuxedo Star was there too. They were standing outside a classroom door at a school Aries wasn’t familiar with. They were apparently all waiting for someone to come out of the classroom, but whoever it was was taking the longest time. And Aries was in no mood to wait around. Finally the one they were waiting for came out. It was Queen Lily.

“We’ve heard you’ve been saying mean things about the princess,” Aries told her impatiently.

“Aries,” Lily said, startled. “Hello to you too.”

“Cut the small talk,” a short girl next to Aries said. “Why are you telling everyone that the princess tried to kill herself last night?”

“With the Nova Crystal,” Tuxedo Star added.

“You also told everyone that the princess hates everyone, even us,” Aries continued.

“At least, that is what we’ve heard,” another girl said thoughtfully.

“It’s all true,” Lily answered. “I was at the palace last night, and she told me that she wanted to destroy everyone on the planet, and then she would destroy the universe. She said she hated everyone, especially the king and queen . . . oh yeah, and all you too. I told her that I was going to tell everyone, but then she threatened to commit suicide, telling me that everyone would think I killed her. So I had to promise her that I wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“You broke your promise,” Tuxedo Star pointed out.

“Aren’t you smart?” Lily replied sarcastically.

There was a long silence. Aries and everyone else was speechless.

“Well if you don’t mind,” Lily said. “I’d like to go now.”

Aries and the others stepped out of the way so Lily could pass. Lily strode to the school exit, where many other students were going. Not many kids were still on campus. It must’ve been the end of school.

“What do we do now?” one of the girls asked.

“We find the princess,” Aries answered coldly. “I want to have a serious talk with that girl. We’ll split up in four groups and look around campus for her; she’s probably still here.”

All the groups started off to search for the princess except one group. Aries glared at the three girls. One of them was Sasori Masago.

“Well? What’re you waiting for?”

“I think she is lying,” Masago said.

“Frankly, I don’t care what you think,” Aries said dryly. “Why should anyone believe you? You never liked the girl in the first place. You’re probably jealous. There is no evidence you can present that will prove she is lying.”

Masago’s face turned red with anger.

“I believe her,” one of the girls told Aries. “I always thought there was something suspicious about that girl.”

“No one will believe you either,” Aries said, forcing a laugh. “You have such a pathetic life that you create absurd stories about people just to make your life interesting.”

The girl started to cry. The other girl hugged her and stroked her head like a mother.

“Aries,” the mother-like one scolded. “Just because you’re angry doesn’t mean you have to take it out on everyone else.”

“And you,” Aries continued, raising her voice. “Always giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even if you saw a murderer killing someone, you would say they were innocent.”

The girl looked down, ashamed.

“I don’t have time for this,” Aries told him, waving her hand. “Good riddance.”

With that, Aries ran off to catch up with her group, Tuxedo Star and that one short girl. They searched the school and didn’t find the princess anywhere. When Aries and her group gave up the search, they met up with the rest of the girls. But Masago’s group wasn’t there.

Just then Aries’ watch had Masago’s deep voice coming out of it. “We need all Zodiac Soldiers at the Crystal Palace on the double.”

There were no need for words; everyone heard what Masago said. They all started running as fast as they could to the Palace. It wasn’t exactly just around the corner though, so they had a ways to go. (Aries was leading.)

When they finally got to the palace (which wasn’t Queen Serenity’s), the door was already open. They all ran in. Masago and the two other girls were already there. Masago was standing next to the king and queen, but Aries couldn’t see their faces because Masago was in the way. The two girls who were on Masago’s team were kneeling on the floor. The princess must have been there, but Aries couldn’t see her. But she did see Lily was lying behind the princess. Aries strained her eyes to see the princess, but the harder she tried the harder it got to see clearly. Soon everything went blurry and everyone had disappeared.

“Sailor Aries,” a sad voice called. “You are the first of the Zodiac Sailor Soldiers. Others will awaken. You must work together to win the battles ahead. Be patient, for this war will last for months and months. Do not show mercy to the evil queen, for that was the mistake I made. But do not let vengeance consume your soul or you will be as evil as she. . . .”

Roshiva woke up to the sound of her alarm. She remembered every part of her dream like it was real. Too bad she couldn’t see people’s faces very well.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Scene 5: [scene changes to Roshiva’s first period class]

Roshiva usually came into class later that everyone else so she was used to seeing the desks full when she came in. It was strange to see Usa’s desk empty. Pollux wasn’t there yet either, and he usually came to school early. Kazari was there though. She looked tired; she had her chin resting on her folded arms and was staring absently in front of her which happened to be where Usa’s desk was.

Roshiva took off her backpack and sat down in her desk. She turned around in her seat to face Kazari.

“I guess you heard what happened?” Roshiva asked quietly.

Kazari looked at Roshiva cloudily. “Huh?”

Suddenly the bell rang. Roshiva turned around to face the teacher.

“If any of you didn’t watch the news last night or this morning,” he began. “I’ll inform you about what happened. Princess Serenity—or Usa-san, as you know her—was put in a coma last night. So you shouldn’t expect to do much work today; probably all of your teachers will just let you relax and perhaps discuss this tragedy and how we each feel about it. . . .”

Roshiva glanced back at Kazari. She still looked dazed. Roshiva wondered how terrible Kazari felt; Usa and Kazari were best friends.

Well if she didn’t know before, Roshiva thought, she knows now. . . .

Roshiva looked at Masago. Masago looked serious as usual. Roshiva wondered why Masago was in her dream. What did she have to do with anything? Rosvhia remembered how Usa had been so freaked out about Masago.

Just then Masago looked Roshiva in the eye. Her eyes flashed from yellow to pink. Roshiva quickly looked down at her desk.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM

[scene changes]

Roshiva was in her second period class now—Home Economics.

“I realize that Princess Serenity is in a coma,” the teacher told the class. “But that’s no reason to put everything on hold and stop doing our jobs. We were supposed to cook today, and that’s what we’re going to do. So get in your assigned pairs!”

Just then Pollux came into the room. He must have just gotten to school. Roshiva stared at him. He looked terrible. The news must have hit him hard.

Roshiva stood up and met with her partner in their assigned kitchen. Roshiva wasn’t looked forward to cooking. She never did as long as her partner was O’Brien Keshi, the biggest snob in the school. Keshi was 5’3” tall with normal skin, red colored eyes, and wavey orange hair pulled back in a downward ponytail that reached her mid-back.

Roshiva started getting out the ingredients to cook.

“Here, Ramos-san,” Keshi said impatiently, pushing her out of the way. “Let me do the cooking this time. I don’t want you messing up again like you did last time.”

Roshiva gritted her teeth and clenched her fist in rage.

“Roshiva-san,” a soft voice greeted.

She turned around. Oushi and Polux were in the kitchen next to hers.

“Oushi-san! I almost forgot you were here. How are you? Did you have a good time with Nandi?”

Oushi smiled. “I’m all right. And yes I had a good time.” She looked down. “I’m sorry I was rude last night. I’m not very good with socializing. I’m not very good at anything really.”

“Oh, don’t say that,” Roshiva said. “You’re in an advanced math class. That’s gotta say something!” She winked at her.

“It was only by chance. . . .”

“I hear your birthday’s coming up. Mine was yesterday. My family’s celebrating it this weekend. When’s your birthday?”

“May thirteenth. . . .”

“No way! That’s the same day Nandi’s is!”

Oushi smiled. “Yes. I’ve already gotten him something.”

“You two must be meant to be,” Roshiva replied, winking again. “So are you gonna have a party?”

“Oh, no,” Oushi answered, losing her smile.

“What? Why not? You gotta have a party. If you don’t have many friends, just celebrate with your family.”

“My parents don’t want to celebrate. . . .”

“That’s weird. Are you sure? Have you asked?”

“I’d rather not talk about it. . . .”

“Oh, okay. Sorry. Maybe you can come over when we celebrate Nandi’s birthday? Then we can celebrate yours too. We’re having a barbeque in the park. And don’t worry, it’s not beef.”

“Well Ramos-san,” Keshi said. “I didn’t realize you were so desperate for friends that you have to replace Serenity-san with . . . her.”

“Shut-up about Usa-chan!” Roshiva yelled.

Keshi put her hands up defensively. “Touchy, touchy. . . .”

“The way you ramble, Rose,” Pollux said quietly. “I was beginning to think you didn’t care.”

Roshiva whirled around to face him. She was ready to yell at him too, but she stopped when she saw his expression. He wasn’t wearing his normal smirk; instead he looked sad.

Scene 6: Roshiva heaved a sigh as she walked through the door and dropped her backpack down. She was finally home. Her parents were gone at work and most of her other siblings were still at school because the high school and the elementary school got out a little later than the junior high. Nandi should have been the only other person home, but she didn’t see him anywhere.

There was a message on the answering machine, so Roshiva played it while she made herself a steak sandwich, her favorite food:

“Roshiva-chan, we have some news for you. You know what to do.”

It was Queen Serenity. Roshiva deleted the message, took her sandwich, and went out the door.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Scene 7: Roshiva had arrived at the Crystal Palace. She rang the bell. Serenity opened the door.

“Come in,” she said.

Roshiva stepped into the marble foyer. She stared at it as Serenity shut the door. Roshiva remembered seeing Usa lying there just yesterday. . . .

“Follow me,” Serenity said, leading the way through the palace.

They walked straight until they reached the back of the palace. All that was in the room was a big quartz case. And Usa was in it. Diana was sleeping on the floor next to it.

“That quartz case is keeping Small Lady alive,” Serenity told Roshiva.

Roshiva stared at the sleeping Usa and swallowed hard.

“Anyway, I called you because of what I discovered on my visit to Kaido. It was completely in ruins. The planet was deserted except for my Aunt Tranquility . . . but all that was left of her was her corpse. I also found her daughter Princess Hoshi, and she was dead too. I can’t imagine what happened. That Queen Lily must have done this . . . and stolen the Nova Crystal while she was at it. How horrible. . . .”

“I think I may have some news too,” Roshiva replied. “I had a dream last night. I don’t know if it means anything, but I’ll tell you anyway.”

[time passes as we see Usa in her case]

“I doubt that was just a dream,” Serenity told Roshiva. “It was probably a memory of your past life on Kaido. Right now, you’re the only link we have to what happened. Princess Tranquility was probably the princess everyone was talking about in your dream. But you said both she and Lily were unconscious on the floor. I didn’t see any other bodies on Kaido besides Aunt Tranquility and Princess Hoshi. Lily is here on Earth now.”

“Yeah, so how could she have revived?”

“I suppose that is something you will have to find out.”

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 PM

Scene 8: Giovanna stood in the shadows, the sound of her heart pounding in her ears. There were candles all through the room—maroon candles. The light shown against the covering hanging along the walls—a maroon material. She stared at the candle light’s flickering movements. The light reflected in her yellow shades as she remembered the last time she approached Queen Lily:

“What if you run into trouble?” Giovanna had been asking Lily.

“What do you mean?” Lily had demanded. “I won’t get in trouble!”

“Someone might see you.”

Lily had been suddenly worried. “What should I do?”

“I can make creatures out of chemicals and animal DNA--”

“Yeah, yeah, get to the point,” she had said, suddenly bored.

“I could make you a monster concealed in a common object, and with a simple summoning, it would emerge to its true form and fight at your command. Except . . . I need a power source to bring the creatures to life.”

A smile had curled on Lily’s lip. “I have the perfect source.”

[back to the current time]

Giovanna sighed hopelessly, then sucked in a big breath and stepped up to Lily. She was sitting in a throne made of stones, looking depressed.

“At first things went great . . .” Lily sniffled. “Even when this rude Tuxedo Star guy came. But then this Sailor Aries came right when your monster was about to kill Tuxedo Star. Sailor Aries melted my monster . . . with such ease! I was so humiliated.”

Giovanna knelt down on one knee, bowing her head, and clutching her fist to her heart. “Please forgive me, my queen. My creature wasn’t the right type. The Sailor Soldier destroyed it easily because fire is strong against ice. I will make you a stronger creature, if you like.”

Lily seemed pleased. “Thank you. Sailor Aries must be killed. She already got in the way of my plan and will undoubtedly cause more trouble. Plus her power was fire! That’s nto fair! I’m the goddess of fire!”

“As you wish, Himegami (Goddess of Fire)-sama,” Giovanna said, standing up. “—May I call you that?”

Lily snickered.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:28 PM

Scene 9: [a month or so passes]

It was May thirteenth. Roshiva and her family were barbequing chicken in the park. Oushi came. Everyone had a good time talking around the picnic tables. Even Oushi laughed a little.

After eating, it was time to open gifts. Ganesh handed Nandi the gift he got for him. It was a calculator.

“Maybe that’ll help you with your math,” Oushi told Nandi with a smile.

“Thanks Oto-san,” Nandi said as a sweat drop formed on his head.

He set the calculator on the picnic table and opened the gift Fionnula handed him. It was a black tee-shirt. Nandi folded it and put it back in the box. Vishnu gave him his gift. It was a portable CD player.

“Oh thanks Vishnu,” Nandi said. “I needed one of these.”

He put it down and opened the gift Braham gave him. It was a journal.

“I knew you keep in a lot of your thoughts,” Brahma told him. “So I got you a journal.”

“Thanks.”

“What did you get him, Shiva-chan?” Fionnula asked.

“I already gave him his present,” she replied, eying him. “When I helped him out with a favor he needed.”

“I guess I’ll give you my gift now then,” Oushi told Nandi, passing him a package.

It was a blue stone with a white design that resembled a star. The stone was an oval shape with an indentation the size of a thumb.

“It’s a star sapphire,” Oushi explained. “The three intersecting arms represent faith, hope, and destiny. It’s also one of those stones where you rub your thumb on it to relieve tension.”

He hugged her. “That you, Oushi-chan. I love it. Now for the gift I got you--”

He handed her a package. It was a gold necklace with a heart shaped sapphire pendant.

Tears formed in her eyes. “Thank you, Nandi-kun.”

“Would you like me to put it on for you?” he asked her with a smile.

“Yes.”

She turned around so he could put it around her neck.

“Hey, don’t forget dessert!” Fionnula said, bringing a cake to the table.

The icing read, “Happy Birthday Nandi + Oushi.”

Oushi smiled as a tear rolled down her face.

Roshiva smiled too. She was glad to see Oushi happy. Just then she heard a rustle in the bushes. Roshiva looked at the bushes. There were a pair of maroon eyes staring back at her. Then with another rustle of the bushes they were gone.

[scene changes to a plum kite flying in the sky]

Krishna was flying a kite, Braham was pushing Makara on a swing, and most of the rest of the family was sitting and talking. Nandi and Oushi were taking a walk together. Roshiva was going to investigate the person she saw in the bushes. She went behind the bushes to see if the person—most likely Queen Lily—was still there. She wasn’t. Roshiva used the bushes to hide her transformation.

“Aries Power, Make Up!”

Luckily, the park was big, so Sailor Aries could look for Lily without coming in contact with her family. Most of the park was a bunch of grassy hills. Aries walked over hill after hill, looking everywhere for Lily. Aries was saving the tallest hill for last. She walked up to the top and was about to sit down when she saw Lily down below on the other side of the hill. And she was with Nandi and Oushi.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Aries shouted to Lily as she walked to the bottom of the hill.

“Sailor Aries,” Lily said, facing her with a cool expression. “I didn’t expect you to show up.”

“It’s a good thing I did.”

“Lighten up,” Lily replied, rolling her eyes. “I’m not murdering anyone. I’m simply getting a little romance. Is that a crime?”

Lily grabbed Nandi by his arm and pulled him close.

“Get away from me!” Nandi exclaimed, pushing her away.

Lily narrowed her eyes. “Fine, I didn’t like you that much anyway. You have something I want, and I’m taking it.”

A golden beam shot out of Lily’s hands and to Nandi’s chest. A blue crystal in the shape of a small star flew from his chest and Lily caught it.

“No!” Aries cried.

She ran to Lily and pushed her down.

“Take him and leave,” Aries told Oushi.

Oushi rushed to Nandi.

“Not murdering anyone, ne?” Aries asked Lily sarcastically.

Lily got off the ground slowly, brushing herself off. “I wouldn’t have killed him if he was nice to me. But since he was, I did what I was planning to do in the first place—take his star crystal. Now that you’re here, I’ll give you someone to play with.”

She pulled out a card, kissed it,a nd threw it on the ground.

“Four of Diamonds!” Lily summoned. “Gargon!”

The card glowed blue. The card’s aura grew larger and materialized into a stone dragon with a red diamond on its head.

“Gargon! I order you to punish Sailor Aries for her lack of judgment!”

“Whaaaat?!” Aries cried, her mouth hanging open.

The stone dragon thumped across the grass to where Aries was. It spit water out at her. She dodged it. The water hit the grass and turned the part it hit to stone. Aries ran a few steps and then turned around to face Gargon.

“Fire Cremation!” Aries shouted.

The ball of fire rushed towards Gargon’s head. But then he shot water from his mouth to put out the fire before it even reached him.

“Damn,” Aries cursed.

She started running again. She had no idea what to do now that her fire attack didn’t work. She saw Oushi and Nandi were still there on the ground. They didn’t look like they were going to leave anytime soon.

“Get out of here!” Aries yelled to them.

Neither of them paid attention.

Aries ran to where they were. She was about to speak, but Oushi spoke before she could.

Oushi turned to Aries with a blank expression. “He’s lost consciousness.”

Aries heard the thumping dragon coming closer.

[commercial break]

Aries ran the opposite direction so Gargon wouldn’t attack Oushi and Nandi.

Oushi took Nandi’s hand. “It’ll be all right, Nandi-kun.”

A black platform shoe kicked her hand away from his. Oushi looked up, clutching her hand to her chest. It was Queen Lily.

“Take your filthy hands away from him,” Lily snapped. “You don’t’ deserve him. He doesn’t want a girl who is so unloved that she has to sponge off strangers for a little affection.”

Oushi’s eyes filled with tears. She ran away in anguish. Oushi went behind a tree and sat down. She covered her face with her hands and started crying.

She remembered when she was a little girl and how much her parents hated her:

Oushi had ran into the kitchen with a big smile on her face. Her parents were in there, kissing.

“Mama! Papa!” Oushi had exclaimed. “It’s my birthday! I’m six years old now!”

Her parents had stopped kissing and scowled at her.

“Well don’t expect a party or anything,” Oushi’s father had told her.

“Why not?” Oushi had asked, walking up to them. “All the other kids have parties on their birthdays.”

“You don’t deserve one,” her mother had replied. “You’re a curse.”

“A curse?” Oushi had asked sadly.

“Yes, a curse,” her mom had snarled bitterly. “I should’ve had an abortion like I did with all the others.”

The father had sighed and looked down at Oushi with disgust.

“I don’t know why you didn’t, Shina,” he had told the mother. “You should’ve listened to me.”

“I know Ouray-kun,” she had replied, holding him close. “Now we have to live with the brat forever.”

Oushi’s eyes had filled with tears then too. “I hate you, Mama and Papa! I always will!”

With that, she had run to her room.

[back to the present]

Oushi stood up angrily. Through the bushes, she saw Nandi was still lying on the ground. Sailor Aries was still running from the stone dragon. Queen Lily was just laughing at the sight.

Oushi had the sudden urge to do something.

“I won’t let you take away the only person I love,” she whispered as a blue Bull sign glowed on her forehead.

She put her hand up in the air. “Taurus Power, Make Up!”

Oushi’s fingernails turned blue and her school uniform disappeared. It was replaced by a Sailor Soldier fuku with a dark blue bow, a light blue skirt, and knee-high light blue laced boots.

She stepped out over the bushes. “Stop,” she said to Gargon coldly.

Everyone’s eyes turned to her.

“Who are you?!” Lily demanded.

“I am the soldier of pain, Sailor Taurus. I shall make you feel the pain of all those you’ve hurt.”

“Oh I’m so scared,” Lily said sarcastically.

Taurus scowled at Lily. Her stare was so cold that Lily shifted her eyes back to Gargon.

“Don’t just stand there!” Lily yelled at it. “Kill them both!”

But before Gargon could move, Taurus shouted, “Energy—Switch Blast!”

A blue blast came from Taurus’ hands and struck Gargon. Gargon was weakened and fell to the ground. The blue stream of power shot back at Taurus and gave her Gargon’s energy. Taurus’ hair lifted as the energy created an aura around her.

Aries had been staring at Taurus the whole time. But now that Gargon was weakened, it was Aries’ chance to try attacking again.

“Fire Cremation!” Aries shouted at Gargon.

The stone dragon looked up wearily just as the blaze of fire came spiraling toward him. He turned to ash and then disappeared.

“Power from the stars,” Lily chanted bitterly. “Take me back . . .”

She disappeared.

Aries watched Taurus as she ran to Nandi. He was still lying on the ground, unconscious. Taurus took his wounded arm and put one hand on his head.

“Oushi-san?” Aries whispered, now realizing who Sailor Taurus was.

Taurus was too far away to hear her.

Aries walked slowly towards her. As she got closer, she saw that Taurus’ eyes were closed, and that same blue aura from before was around her again. However, this time, the aura was flowing onto Nandi. He was healing; his strength was returning.

Aries watched in shock. Before she could say anything to her, Taurus collapsed. The aura vanished and she changed back into Oushi. Aries knelt down. He was completely healed. She looked over at Oushi, who was now unconscious too.

“Oushi-san used all her energy to heal Nandi. . . .” Aries murmered, amazed.

Just then, Nandi moved. She looked back at him. He was waking up. Aries stood up as he opened his eyes.

“You’re very lucky to have her,” she told him.

With that, she ran off through the trees. She detransformed behind some bushes and went back to the picnic table where her parents and Vishnu were sitting.

Meanwhile, Nandi was sitting up. He put his hand through his dark brown hair, took a deep breath, and tried to remember what happened. Then he turned around and saw Oushi lying on the ground.

“Oushi-chan!” he cried, going to her side.

He shook her gently. “Oushi-chan! Shisukatesute (Hang in there)!”

Oushi opened her eyes slowly. “Nandi-kun. . . .”

“Oushi-chan!” he exclaimed, hugging her as she sat up.

She put her arms around him and held him tight.

Finally he pulled away and looked into her deep blue eyes. “What happened?”

Oushi was silent.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Scene 10: The next day when school ended, Roshiva saw Oushi walking home. She caught up with her.

“Hey Oushi-san,” she began. “I’ve been meaning to talk to you.”

Oushi turned and looked at her, still walking.

“I know who you are,” Roshiva said quietly.

“Who I am?”

“I know you’re Sailor Taurus,” she replied even more quietly.

Oushi stopped walking. “How?”

“Because I’m Sailor Aries.”

She stared at Roshiva. “Does Nandi-kun know?”

“No. No one knows except us and Usa-chan’s parents. Did you tell Nandi about your other identity?”

“No.”

“Good. We’re not supposed to tell anyone. So far you’re the only other Sailor Soldier besides me.”

“Are we partners then?”

“I guess so.”

They continued walking home together.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 PM

SAILOR MOON Z: Act 3, “Double Image”

Scene 1: After the weekend, things seemed to be going smoothly again. It wasn’t back to normal, of course, since Usa was still in a coma. But Queen Lily hadn’t made another appearance since the day of Nandi’s and Oushi’s birthday.

Roshiva could tell that Pollux and Kazari were still mourning the loss of Usa. Neither had said a word since Usa had been put in a coma. They both just stared off into space. Roshiva wasn’t worried too much about Kazari, since Kazari easily bounced back out of depression whenever she got like that. However, Roshiva was worried about Pollux. I wasn’t like him at all to stay silent, especially for so long.

“We have a new student today,” Mr. Sensei told the class. “She . . . uh . . . transferred from Shibakouen Junior High--”

“Don’t sugar-coat it, Teach,” the new girl said casually.

Roshiva noticed the girl for the first time. She was 5’0” tall, with jungle green eyes, and curly blonde hair that reached her mid-neck and bangs that tweaked up a little. She was still wearing the Shibakouen uniform, and not the Juuban one. That was strange because wearing the wrong uniform wasn’t allowed. “Just tell it like it is so we can get this over with,” she continued. “Yo kids, I got expelled from that stupid school ‘cause they couldn’t handle me. My name’s Yoshin Kassandra, but just call me Kastor.”

Pollux suddenly looked up from his trance and gave Kassandra an odd look. His face was a mixture of surprise, confusion, and amusement.

“My birthday’s comin’ up – I’ll be twelve on June 20th.”

Roshiva looked at Pollux. That was his birthday too.

“I don’t have a religion or a lover; I have better things to do with my time. My favorite stone’s emerald and my least favorite stone’s moonstone. My favorite flower’s the trailing arbutus. Favorite day – Wednesday; least favorite – Saturday. Favorite numbers – 3 and 4; least favorite – 0. Favorite color – silver; least favorite – black. Favorite place – in the mountains; least favorite – at the beach. Favorite food – soda and fast food; least favorite – tea. My favorite subject’s drama, but I goofed off too much at my last school so I failed. I get the best grades in English. My least favorite subject’s History; it’s the boringest class, I swear.”

Kassandra rolled her eyes.

“This class is History,” one of the students told her as other students chuckled.

“Oops. . . .”Cassandra said with a sweat drop, turning slowly to the teacher.

He cleared his throat disapprovingly. “Carry on, Yoshin-san.”

“Please,” she insisted. “Call me Kastor.”

She turned back to the class. “Anyway, my dream job is either an actress or a talk show host. My hobby is talking and getting people mad.”

She smirked, giving a victory/peace sign to the class. “I’m pretty good at doing that, if I do say so myself. What I’m not good at is cooperating with people. I live with my dad, Keitaro.”

She heaved a sign. “Done. Finally. It’s such a waste of time. I’ll probably get kicked out of this school too, and then I’ll have to repeat my profile all over again.”

“That’s enough, ‘Kastor.’ Take a seat in Serenity-san’s old desk where those two girls are.”

“Over there by that blond boy?” she asked Mr. Sensei, pointing at Pollux.

“Yes, by Pollux.”

Kassandra sniggered. “What kind of name is that? I can’t even say it—Po. . . . It’s easier just to say Pox.”

“Just sit down,” Mr. Sensei told her wearily.

“Fine, fine! No need to get all disgruntled.”

She walked over to the desk slowly and dropped her backpack on the floor.

Roshiva and Pollux stared at her.

Kassandra shook her head at Pollux, chuckling. “Pox. Really, what a name.”

“Shut-up,” he said, a smile curling on his lip. “What kind of name is Kastor? It sounds like kasutera (Japanese for “sponge cake”).”

[Note : The name Kastor would be pronounced “Kah-soo-tah” in Japanese, so it does sound like kasutera (“kah-soo-teh-rah”).]

Roshive and Kazari looked at Pollux, amazed. He was back to his old self.

Kassandra looked just as surprised, as if no one had ever insulted her before. Before she could say anything, Mr. Sensei started discussing the lesson.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Scene 2: Oushi smiled as she walked into her second period Home Economics class. She was happier than she had ever been in life. She had her boyfriend Nandi and her secret partner Roshiva. Nothing could get her down as long as she had them.

She sat down at her seat and waved to Roshiva, who smiled and waved back.

The bell rang.

“Good morning, class,” Ms. Sensei greeted. “We have a new student today—Yoshin Kassandra.” She looked around the room. “Hmm . . . she doesn’t seem to be here. . . .”

Just then the girl came into the room.

“I didn’t miss much, did I?” Kassandra asked no one in particular.

Everyone stared at her in silence.

“I didn’t think so.”

“You must be Yoshin Kassandra,” Ms. Sensei said.

“Kastor,” she corrected.

“Did you have trouble finding the class?”

“Not really. I just didn’t feel like coming right away.”

“I see. . . . Well, we’ve finished up the bread we made yesterday. The yeast dough is already made. You can be in Bullock-san’s and Pollux’s group. They--”

“Pox!” Kassandra exclaimed, pointing at Pollux.

“—need the help.”

“Ha, well don’t expect me to be the master cook or anything.”

“Okay . . . well everyone can start cooking now.”

Everyone got out of their seats and went to their kitchens.

Oushi followed slowly behind Pollux and Kassandra.

“Let’s rustle up some grub, Pox!” Kassandra said, putting her arm around his shoulder.

Pollux chuckled.

Oushi didn’t know what to think of this new girl. She was so rude.

Roshiva passed by Oushi. “Have fun with the clowns.”

Kassandra turned around and looked at Oushi. “Hey chick, are you in our group?”

Oushi nodded, staring at her.

“Well don’t be rude! Introduce yourself!” Kassandra shook Oushi’s hand vigorously. “Hi, what’s crackin’? I’m Kastor, and you?”

“Bullock Oushi,” she replied softly.

Kassandra laughed. “Okay then! C’mere, Oushi-san. Join the group! Ya don’t wanna lose participation points, now do ya?”

She pushed Oushi into the kitchen. On the way, Kassandra grabbed Pollux’s arm and pulled him in too.

“The new girl is cocky,” Keshi murmured as she walked into her own kitchen with Roshiva.

“Tell me about it,” Roshiva agreed, getting out the cooking supplies.

“Sensei,” someone from another kitchen called. “We don’t have any flour.”

“Yeah,” Roshiva told Ms. Sensei. “Neither do we.”

“All right,” Ms. Sensei said. “I’ll go borrow some from another classroom. I’ll be right back.”

She left the classroom.

“Ooh,” Kassandra mused. “The teacher’s gone. Time to have some fun.”

Pollux hopped up on the kitchen counter and laid down. “You girls can do the cooking.”

“What?” Kassandra said. “You poopin’ out on us, Pox?”

“Nah, just relaxin’, Kasutera.”

“Here’s the bag of dough,” Oushi told Kassandra, handing it to her.

“Kasutera!” Keshi mocked from the other kitchen. “Ha ha! You’re a sponge cake!”

Kassandra opened the bag, pulled out a chunk of dough, and hurled it at Keshi’s face.

The room went silent. The whole class stopped what they were doing and looked at Keshi, the dough slowly dripping from her face. Pollux sat up and stared at her, then cracked up laughing. Kassandra did too. Soon the whole room was laughing, even Oushi. But not Keshi.

“You bitch!” Keshi yelled, stomping over to Kassandra and slapping her across the face.

“Actually, my name is Kastor,” she replied coolly. “What’s yours?”

Keshi didn’t answer, just glared coldly at Kassandra.

“Her name’s O’Brien Keshi,” Pollux told Kassandra, still laughing.

“Ah . . . pleased to meet you, Keshi-sama!”

[Note: Kassandra insulted Keshi by putting “-sama” after her name; “-sama” is a very formal title, and Kassandra used it sarcastically; so it was like she was mocking her by calling her “Queen Keshi.”]

Kassandra took a big glob of dough and smashed it in Keshi’s face.

“Hope I didn’t mess up your make-up too bad!” Kassandra sneered with glee.

The class laughed more.

“Aw, you’re bad, Kasutera,” Pollux commented, grinning, and giving her a high five.

“Don’t I know it, Pox!” she agreed.

Roshiva walked over to Oushi. “They’re quite a pair.”

Oushi nodded, still gawking at the scene.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Scene 3: Kassandra sighed loudly as she went into her third period math class.

“When’s the day gonna end?” she mumbled loudly. “It’s taking forever.”

A girl brushed past her.

“Hey, watch it,” Kassandra said, looking at the girl as she went to her desk.

It was the same girl she sat in front of before.

“Oh, you’re that--” Kassandra began.

The bell interrupted her, and Mr. Sensei wasted no time to start talking.

“Welcome to Juuban Junior High, Yoshin-san.”

“It’s Kastor,” she corrected. “Where should I sit?”

“Over there in Serenity-san’s old desk—in front of Tabemono-san, the girl with the pink hair.”

“Serenity-san’s desk again? The girl that got put in a coma? I sat in her desk in first period. What’re y’all tryin’ to do—curse me?”

“Would you mind taking your seat now?”

“To tell you the truth, yes, I do mind. But I’ll sit there just so my dad can sue you once I get put in a coma.”

Kassandra went to the desk and sat down. Mr. Sensei began teaching, writing algebraic equations on the board.

“You’re the broad I sat behind in first period, right?” Kassandra asked casually, turning around to face Kazari.

Kazari scowled at her. “Who do you think you are, calling me a broad?”

“I think I’m Kastor. Honestly, what’s your problem? I call all girls that. It’s a more fitting name for them, don’tcha think?”

“No, I don’t,” she growled. “I think you better show me some respect before I beat you up.”

“Beat me up? Is that a threat, miss high and mighty?”

“What do you think?” Kazari mocked.

“I think you better take it back before I call your bluff.”

“Shut-up, you--”

“Excuse me, Tabemono-san, Yoshin-san!” Mr. Sensei interrupted. “I’m trying to teach here!”

“Not tryin’ hard enough obviously,” Kassandra muttered loudly, turning back around.

“Is your conversation so important that you can’t wait until after class?”

“Yes it is, actually.”

“Oh really. Then how about you share it with me?”

“How ‘bout not. This is a taco and burrito conversation—nachos!”

“No, this conversation is over,” Kazari said. “Sorry for the disruption, Sensei. I was trying to get her to shut up.”

“Tabemono is the burrito,” Kassandra said, chuckling. “’Cause she STINKS.”

The class laughed. Kazari scowled at Kassandra.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:32 PM

Scene 4: “Ooh, Science. . . .” Kassandra mused as she walked into her fourth period class. “Let’s make a bomb to blow up the school!”

“Hello Yoshin-san,” Ms. Sensei greeted.

“Kastor,” she corrected.

“Okay, well, we’re doing a lab today, but tomorrow you can sit in that empty desk there.”

“Lemme guess—it’s Serenity-san’s old desk?”

Before Ms. Sensei could answer, Pollux walked in.

“It sure is,” he told her.

“Or was,” Kassandra muttered with a chuckle.

“Hey now,” he said, offended. “Don’t diss her; she was my friend.”

“Oh . . . sorry ‘bout that, Pox.”

Suddenly Kazari walked by, pushing in between them.

“Uh, excuse me, Tabemono,” Kassandra said. “That’s the second time today you pushed me. You can walk around us, ya know. If you want respect from people, you gotta dish out some yourself.”

Kazari ignored her, and went over to talk to Jovanna.

The bell rang.

“All right, everyone,” Ms. Sensei said. “Get into your lab groups.”

“Hey, Pox, wanna be my partner-in-crime?” Kassandra asked.

“No way,” Kazari growled, walking back to them. “He’s working with Jovanna-san and me.”

“Tabemono-san,” Ms. Sensei scolded. “Show some sympathy for our new student. We should make her feel welcome.”

“Yeah, show some respect,” Kassandra agreed, nodding with her arms crossed.

“She can work with your group today.”

Jovanna led the way to a lab station. Kazari hurried past Pollux and Kassandra.

“Ha ha,” Kassandra scoffed. “Tough luck, sister.”

She and Pollux laughed.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:34 PM

Scene 5: It was a sunny mid-Spring afternoon. Everyone was eating their lunches outside. However, Lunch time was almost over. Some kids were finished eating—like Keshi. She was sitting under the shade of a big tree with several other girls.

“Oh oh!” Keshi was saying with side excited eyes. “I meant to tell you all about my new boyfriend!”

“Oh, you have a new boyfriend?”

“What happened to your last one?”

“Oh, I dumped him the other day,” Keshi replied with a wave of her hand. “He didn’t turn out to be my type. But this new guy is really, really hot—and I mean really hot.”

A girl giggled. “What’s his name?”

“Bob,” Keshi answered dreamily. “I really think he may be like . . . the one!”

“It’s serious?” a girl asked, swallowing a bite of food.

Keshi nodded. “I just met him the other day at my sister’s party, but I think we may even get married!”

They all giggled.

“Are you gonna have kids with him too?”

“For sure!”

“How many?” a girl asked with interest.

“Like five or nine—somewhere in there.”

“Sugoi (Amazing)!”

“I know,” Keshi replied, her eyes still wide. “He’s so hot too! We’re going on a date this Sunday!”

“Sunday again? Why do you always go on dates on Sundays? Does it have something to do with Christianity?”

Keshi shrugged. “Not really. Between us, I don’t really believe in God. I’m just like sexier on Sundays, that’s all. Anyways, we’re gonna eat pizza in the park! We’re gonna feed it to each other and make out!”

“It sounds like all your other dates.”

“No, this one’s special,” Keshi insisted. “Bob’s really hot. I’m getting all dressed up. I’m gonna wear this cute outfit that has dandelions and marigolds on it. I wanted golden rods and sun drops to be on it too, but that one was the only one I could find. It was really expensive. I’m wearing gold eye shadow and a gold bracelet to match! And I’m gonna wear red lipstick and paint my nails red! And I bought this gorgeous ruby ring that I’m gonna wear too! I’m gonna look so beautiful!”

The bell rang.

“Oh darn,” Keshi said. “Now we have to go to class.”

Most of the girls went separate ways to go to class, but two girls stayed with Keshi.

“Later, Keshi-chan!” the girls who were leaving said.

“Later!” she called back.

“Drama is going to be exciting today,” one of the girls next to Keshi said. “We get to audition for that play! I hope I get the lead role. Will you wish me luck, Keshi-chan?”

“Of course I will. You’ll need all the luck you can get. Everyone knows I’m the best actress in the school.”

“Yeah,” the girls agreed with disappointment.

They went into the Drama room and sat in the front row seats of the auditorium. Just then Kassandra walked down the aisle.

“Oh goody, Drama class,” she said sarcastically. “Now I get to laugh at all these wanna-be actors who can’t act worth CRAP.”

“Who’s she?” one of Keshi’s friends asked in a whisper.

Keshi turned around and looked at Kassandra. “Oh God, it’s her. She’s the one I told you guys about—the one who made a fool of me in Home Ec.”

“What did you say her name was?” another girl asked.

“Kastor,” Keshi answered, making a face.

“She has a weird personality and a weird name. What an odd ball.”

“And look at her hair,” the other girl whispered. “It’s all messy and her bangs are tweaked up. It looks like she didn’t even brush it—like she just got out of bed.”

“She’s a freak of nature,” the other girl agreed.

“Yeah—like that other new girl—Sasori Masago,” the other girl added. “What’s up with all these weirdos coming to Juuban?”

“Sasori-san is the freak,” Keshi said. “Kastor is just a bitch.”

It was at that moment that Kassandra had reached the bottom of the aisle—right where Keshi and her friends were. She turned her had and looked at them.

“I heard that,” Kassandra said. “When will you learn, Keshi-sama? I’m not a female dog. Just because you are, doesn’t mean I am. I’m a human being. Get that through your thick head.”

“More like a sponge cake,” Keshi sniggered to her friends.

They giggled.

“Are these your cronies?” Kassandra asked Keshi. “Do you feel more superior when you have them around to back you up?”

“They’re my friends,” Keshi corrected haughtily. “Something you’ll never have since you make enemies everywhere you go.”

“Ha, it’s fun making enemies,” Kassandra replied, plopping down in one of the bottom row seats. “I’d rather have enemies than friends like you who don’t have a brain to think for themselves. ‘Yes, Keshi-sama! Right away, Keshi-sama!’”

Kassandra put her hands behind her head and gazed up at the ceiling. She could hear Keshi and her friends whispering furiously.

“Ya know,” Kassandra said, still looking at the ceiling. “It’s really stupid to whisper when I’m right here, and I know that you’re talking about me.”

They scowled at Kassandra, Keshi’s scowl the harshest.

“Kon’nichi wa min’na!” Mr. Sensei greeted, coming on to the stage. “We have a new actress today. Yoshi Kassandra, why don’t you come up on stage and introduce yourself?”

She stopped staring at the ceiling and looked at him. “You mean give my profile?”

“Yep.”

Kassandra rolled her eyes and got up. She slowly walked on to stage.

“First of all,” she began. “My name’s Kastor, not Kassandra—and not Kasutera as some of you may think. Only Pox can call me Kasutera ‘cause he’s cool. I’m here at Juuban ‘cause I got expelled from Shibakouen, blah blah blah. . . . It was a stupid school—all of ‘em are. But I sure like their uniform better than Juuban’s; no one’s gonna get me into that girly shirt with that stupid bow. . . .”

(Time passes as we see the stage lights.)

“And I live with my dad Keitaro,” Kassandra finished.

“Well,” Mr. Sensei said. “You’ve certainly got spunk.”

Kassandra chuckled. “That’s an understatement.”

“Bravo!” a high voice shouted from one of the auditorium seats in the back. “I loved your speech! Such feeling, such personality!”

Sweat drops formed on everyone’s head. Kassandra looked at the person. She was standing up and clapping—not sarcastically though. She was 5’4” tall with tan skin and straight sea green hair in a braid that reached just past her butt.

“Shut-up, Kani-san!” Keshi shouted to the girl.

The girl stopped clapping and frowned like a child that was deeply hurt.

“Okay people,” Mr. Sensei said. “I know you are all anxious to audition for parts today, so let’s get started.”

He started to walk off the stage, but then turned around and looked at Kassandra.

“Come on, Kastor. You can sit next to me, and I’ll explain how things work around here.”

She followed him off stage, and they sat in one of the middle row seats. He handed her a packet of papers.

“Everyone will have to wait a few minutes so I can explain things to Kastor,” Mr. Sensei told the class.

Some kids grumbled in disappointment.

“Sensei!” the high voice chirped. “That’s okay! You go ahead with the class! I’ll explain the stuff to Kastor!”

She was trying to walk quickly out of the row of seats that she was in. But when she reached the aisle, she tripped over the last seat and fell on the floor.

Mr. Sensei stood up and went into the aisle. “Are you all right, Kani-san?”

Keshi and her friends snickered at her.

The girl slowly got up, wiping away tears and sniffling. “Yes, Sensei. Thanks. I’m okay.”

Mr. Sensei walked to the front row of seats and sat down in one.

“Let’s get started then!” he said. “Most of you probably haven’t memorized lines from the character you want to play since I just gave out the scripts yesterday. So I won’t hold it against you if you don’t have it memorized. You can just take the script up with you when you audition.”

A boy went up on stage with his script and began acting. Meanwhile, that rainbow-haired girl sat in a seat behind Kassandra.

“Hiya!” the girl greeted with a victory-peace sign. “My name is Kani Sakusha! You can call me Sakusha-chan!”

“How ‘bout just Sakusha?” Kassandra asked, noticing she had pink eyes and fresh water pearl rimmed glasses.

“That’s fine too! Wanna be my friend?”

A sweat drop formed on Kassandra’s head. “Uh. . . .”

“I thought your profile was very intriguing,” Sakusha continued. “Want me to give mine?”

“Why would you even want to?”

“I’ll be turning twelve on July 19th,” Sakusha said, ignoring her comment. “My favorite stone is moonstone, and my least favorite is bloodstone. My favorite flowers are trillium, acanthus, and swamp rose mallow. My favorite days are Friday and Monday, and my least favorite day is Wednesday. My favorite numbers are 3, 7, 8, and 63, and my least favorite number is 20. My favorite color is white, and my least favorite color is black. I like to be on big boats, and I hate being in the desert. I like to eat melons, soup, and milk, but there’s really no food that I don’t like! Everything’s so yummy! I’m pretty good at cooking; it’s one of my hobbies! I also like to write and spy on people, hehe! My favorite subject is Home Economics, and my last favorite is Math. I’m good at acting, so Drama is my best subject, but I get really really nervous in front of an audience; that’s one of my weak points. I worry too much . . . and I’m sensitive . . . I’m a crybaby.”

Sakusha paused, looking ashamed. “Well anyway, my dream job is to be either an artist, author, or interior decorator. I would wanna be a spy too, but that’d be too scary. My wish is to be a mom to a big family. My religion is Greek Mythology. I don’t have a boyfriend yet, but I have a crush on this really really cute boy! And I think he likes me too!”

She sighed dreamily, staring off into space. Then she snapped out of it.

“Oops!” she said with a sweat drop. “I’m sorry! Anyway, I live with my daddy Toru, my eighteen year old brother Tori, my nine year old sister Umeko, and my six year old brother Keru. I love ‘em to pieces! I don’t live with my mommy, Sakura, because my parents got divorced. Their divorce was actually my fault because I spied on Daddy and found out he was having an affair! Isn’t that awful?! I had to tell Mommy. She has this gorgeous pink hair in a big braid just like mine! It’s so pretty! Oops! Golly, I keep digressing! I’m sorry! Anyway, they got a divorce. There was a custody battle for my siblings and me, but Daddy won because Mommy didn’t have a job so she wouldn’t be able to support us. Daddy has lots of money. He owns tons of big houses across the world! The one we live in here is the biggest one! It’s a mansion! It’s so huge that I get lost whenever I wander off! But I like to wander off; it’s fun to explore the house! It has all these hidden passage-ways that not even Daddy knows about! And I use ‘em to spy on him! Ooh, and wanna know a secret? I think he has more than just one lover! He’s such a naughty man! But I still love him a bunch, and I wouldn’t trade him or the rest of my family for anyone in the world!”

Kassandra stared at her.

“So what do ya think?” Sakusha asked.

“Your profile was . . . interesting. You certainly used a lot of detail. . . .”

Sakusha put her hand behind her head, a sweat drop forming. “Yeah . . . I really like your profile though. It was way better than mine. Yours was short, but mine was only long because I talk too much . . . hehe.”

“Right . . . well, aren’t you supposed to explain how I’m supposed to audition for this thing?”

Sakusha put her hand down. “Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that! I’m sorry! All you have to do is read the packet and see who you want to play. Then wait for Sensei to call your name, and you audition! He goes in alphabetical order, so you have plenty of time to read the lines, don’t worry.”

Kassandra chuckled. “You look more worried than I am.”

“Oh, I know! I always get super worried before I act.”

“That’s because she has something to worry about,” someone sniggered.

They looked up. Keshi and her friends were standing next to Sakusha.

“Yeah,” Keshi’s friend agreed. “Kani-san sucks at acting.”

Sakusha started to cry.

“Gee, Keshi-sama,” Kassandra said. “You say all I do is make enemies, yet here you are making this poor girl cry. Now that’s cruel. What’d she ever do to you?”

“Thanks, Kastor,” Sakusha sniffled, managing a smile. “But they’re right. I’m not that good of an actress.”

“It doesn’t matter if you are or not,” Kassandra replied. “You just can’t let people put you down like that . . . especially broads like these.”

Keshi and her friends scowled. Keshi opened her mouth to say something, but Mr. Sensei spoke before she could:

“Kani Sakusha,” he called. “You’re up.”

Sakusha gulped.

“Good luck, Kani-san,” Keshi and her friends said, smirking.

Sakusha stood up slowly, taking a deep breath.

“Hey, don’t sweat it,” Kassandra said.

She nodded and went to the stage with her script.

“I’m playing the mother,” Sakusha told Mr. Sensei.

She put on a frustrated expression and started pacing. “Now where are those kids? I told them to be home by supper, and they’re late. They’re always late. I’m going to have a serious talk with them . . . if they ever get home. Argh. . . .”

“She’s not that bad,” Kassandra remarked.

“Of course you’d say that,” Keshi’s friend replied.

“You can’t do any better,” Keshi’s other friend agreed.

Kassandra chuckled. “Oh yeah?”

Keshi sat down in Sakusha’s seat. “Leave us. I’d like to talk to Kastor alone.”

The two girls left and sat in the seats they were sitting in before.

“Uh . . .” Kassandra said. “We have nothing to talk about.”

“Have you decided on what role you’re playing yet?” Keshi asked, ignoring what she said.

“No. . . .” I haven’t even gotten a chance to look at the parts.”

“Would you mind if you played the lead?”

“I don’t care . . . it’s all the same to me. . . . Why are you asking all these questions?”

“Well, I want to see if you’re as good as an actress as you seem to think you are. Let’s both audition for the same role; then we’ll see who Sensei picks. You obviously don’t care what role you play, so we’ll do the one I want to play—the lead, Melissa. So how ‘bout it? . . . Unless you don’t think you can handle playing such a big part. . . .”

Kassandra smirked. “Fine, I’ll play your little game. It’s no sweat off my nose.”

Sakusha was coming back to her seat. “Oh—excuse me, O’Brien-san, um, that was where I was sitting.”

“I was just leaving,” Keshi replied haughtily. “It’s almost my turn anyway.”

She went back to her old seat and joined her friends.

“What was O’Brien-san talking to you about?” Sakusha asked, sitting down.

“Ah, nothing.”

“Did she want to challenge you for Melissa?”

Kassandra looked at her, surprised. “How did you know?”

Sakusha put her hand behind her head as a sweat drop formed. “Maybe I’m psychic.”

“Right . . . whatever you say. . . .”

Sakusha put her hand down and cleared her throat. “So how did I do?”

“It looked fine to me.”

“Wow, really?” she asked with relief. “Thanks a bunch!”

“Sure . . . no problem. . . .”

“O’Brien Keshi,” Mr. Sensei called.

Keshi walked onto the stage as her friends cheered. Some boys in the audience whistled.

“Thank you,” Keshi said with fake modesty. “Sensei, I’m playing Melissa.”

Keshi’s eyes grew wide and frightened. “Oh Amanda! Don’t worry, my dear little sister! No matter what happens, I’ll always be by your side! You don’t have to be afraid! I’ll protect you from them!”

“O’Brien-san is a good actress,” Sakusha told Kassandra. “She just over does it sometimes.”

“No kidding,” Kassandra agreed, looking at Keshi act.

“She can be cruel and cold hearted sometimes, but she’s a good person inside. She just has to cover up her insecurities and stuff, ya know? She’s actually really lonely.”

Kassandra stared at her. Sakusha certainly knew how to read people.

[commercial break]

“And last but not least, Yoshin Kassandra,” Mr. Sensei called.

Kassandra got up, putting her script on the chair.

“Good luck, Kastor!” Sakusha said.

“Yeah, you’ll need it,” Keshi snickered from her front row seat.

Kassandra smirked and went onto the stage. She closed her eyes for a brief moment. When she opened them, her smirk was gone and her eyes were filled with tears.

“Oh Amanda . . .” Kassandra began, her voice wavering. “Don’t worry, my dear little sister. No matter what happens, I’ll always be by your side.”

She knelt down and looked into the air as if Amanda was really there.

Kassandra swallowed hard and spoke with determination. “You don’t have to be afraid. I’ll protect you from them.”

Mr. Sensei clapped. The rest of the class stared at Kassandra in awe.

“That was great, Kastor!” Mr. Sensei complimented. “You get the part!”

Kassandra stood up and smirked. The tears were gone from her eyes.

Sakusha and Keshi both got up out of their seats and went to the stage. Keshi went to Mr. Sensei, but Sakusha went to Kassandra.

“Omedoto (congratulations), Kastor!” Sakusha chirped. “You didn’t even bring your script up with you, and you were terrific! Were you nervous?”

Kassandra jumped off stage. “Nope. The part wasn’t that hard.”

She looked at Keshi talking to Mr. Sensei. Sakusha looked too.

“How can you pick Kastor?!” Keshi demanded. “I’ve always played the lead! Just because she’s the new girl doesn’t mean you have to pity her!”

“I’m not pitying her,” Mr. Sensei replied calmly. “She’s a great actress. So are you. Melissa just isn’t the part for you. She’s not as dramatic as the other parts you’re used to; Melissa is a more emotional part. It’s no big deal, O’Brien-san. Take a break from being in the spotlight. It’ll be good for you. Why don’t you give someone else a chance?”

“Yeah,” Kassandra agreed. “There’s a first time for everything, ya know. I’m sure there’s another part for you.”

“Exactly,” Mr. Sensei said, nodding. “You’d be great for playing the maid.”

“That’s perfect!” Kassandra exclaimed with purposely artificial excitement.

Keshi gritted her teeth as her eyes narrowed.

Kassandra slapped her on the back and laughed lightly. “Sorry to say it . . . but I won your little game. Don’t take it too hard. Hahaha.”

Sakusha giggled.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:34 PM

Scene 6: Roshiva was in her last class now—P.E. She was playing softball against Jovanna’s team. Jovanna was playing first-base, Pollux was pitching, and Kassandra was the catcher.

Roshiva went up to bat and got ready to swing.

“Are ya ready, Rose?” Pollux asked with a smirk. “I’m gonna throw a fast one.”

“Shut up and throw it,” Roshiva spat.

“Ramblin’ Rose, Ramblin, Rose,” Kassandra chuckled to herself.

Pollux threw the ball. Roshiva hit it out of the park. She threw down the bat and ran all the way to home base. All of her teammates cheered for her as she jogged to the back of the line in the dugout. All of them except Kazari; she was busy gazing dreamily at Pollux as someone from the outfield tossed him the ball.

“That was a good hit!” Jovanna told Roshiva with a kind smile.

“Ah, it was nothing.”

A boy next to Kazari in the dugout pushed her forward.

“Go on,” he said. “It’s your turn, Tabemono-san.”

She walked slowly up to the plate.

Kassandra handed her the bat. “About time! Let’s see how good you are.”

Pollux smirked and tossed the ball to Kazari.

She swung and missed. She seemed to have a small smile on her face.

“Strike one!” Kassandra shouted, tossing the ball back to Pollux. “Try harder, Tabemono.”

Pollux tossed it again and Kazari missed again.

“Strike two! What’s wrong, Tabemono? Can’t hit the ball? Is it too fast for you? Or maybe you’re too slow! Hahaha.”

Kassandra threw it back to Pollux, and he threw it to Kazari. She hit the ball, but it barely got past the pitcher. She walked slowly to first base. The dugout was at her side. Everyone there was yelling at her to run.

“Run, Kazari-san!” Roshiva yelled. “Why aren’t you running?!”

Kazari ignored her teammates and kept walking. A second later, Pollux had the ball again.

“Tabemono is out!” Kassandra declared with glee.

Kazari wasn’t smiling anymore. She passed Jovanna at first base on her way to the dugout.

“We’re going to have to do something about that girl,” Kazari told her.

wing_goddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 PM

Scene 7: Giovanna knelt down in front of Queen Lily.

“I liked your dragon idea,” Lily began. “But the monster only worked with Sailor Aries. She evidently has a partner, and it isn’t Tuxedo Star; it’s another Sailor Soldier named Sailor Taurus, and she was strong against the dragon.”

“I’m sorry, Himegami-sama,” Giovanna apologized. “If I had known there would be a different attacker, I would have made a different type creature.”

“Could you try again?” Lily asked hopefully.

“Of course.”

“Thanks.”