Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 AM

/poked with katar
/sobs

;3;

Squids have tentacles, not hands, silly!

/takes a glow stick in each tentacle

Gangster, I had the exact same thing, actually. Good day. Shit night. Picking up now.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 AM

The slippers are really cute, I have 5 or 6 pairs myself. lol But I'm sure she wouldn't mind. :] And the panda rain boots make a nice substitute for the panda slippers. I really want those though, and the bee ones. There are so many great items.

Those are the worst though, aren't they Squid? I was so happy about my good day and it went all.. eh and it was depressing. I was excited to find out about the event though! And such nice people, mene is a great pick-me-up.

I love that picture in your signature, by the way.

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 AM

I was thinking that the new rain boots would make a nice, cheaper alternative to the older slippers.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:03 AM

They really do, don't they? The slippers are lovely of course, but it would make a great alternative. Temporarily at least. Those slippers are getting quite costly.

I just got attacked by that grass line. o.o I wonder if it's just my computer or something. Is it the layout? Hmm.

fly_man
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 05:04 AM

Yeah, but I just found out that I can wear the panda boots and the slippers at the same time, and I think that it looks decent so I'm going to keep it like this. I agree, the boots do make a good substitute for the slippers, especially since the bee and panda slippers cost so much. I'm pretty sure I would rather just spend 200 and something gold on the rain boots than have to come up with some way to try and make enough for the slippers. . .I'm not even sure how much they cost. . .aren't they like 12k or something like that?

Edit: according to the Menewshan Price Guide they cost between 15k and 20k!

Last edited by fly_man; 04-12-2009 at 05:07 AM..

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 AM

Yeah they are. Inflation kills me. But then again, I suck at earning money. I probably could have a lot more nice things if I were more active.

I'm one of those folk who pokes their face out during events and then goes back in to hiding when it ends lol

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 AM

Yeah I think it's something like that now, Fly. So the boots are definetly a good thing. ^^; And they are adorable. Hey! Yeah you look good like that. I think it's neat how you can put shoes and slippers on at the same time. I'd to see someone do that in real life without looking strange.

I know what you mean, Squid. I love Mene so much, but I have a hard time keeping myself here anytime there isn't an event. It's just kind of awkward quiet, and the events are so lively and fun! I could afford a lot myself if I was around more, but I'm just not. Nothing can keep me from an event though!

fly_man
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 05:10 AM

I could have a lot nicer things if I was more active too, I checked the other day and I've been a member since 2007 so if I would've been on here actually doing stuff I could have all those old items. But. . .then again I don't know if I would've even bothered trying to post enough times to get the gold for them cause there were even fewer people on this site than there are now.

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 AM

I joined in like... May last year.

HOLYCRAP.

My Meneversary is coming up!

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:12 AM

I wish I was here in '07. It would have been quieter then though, huh? Mene is just such a great community though. And it would have meant more events for me to enjoy. :] I didn't even get to enjoy Celes Paradi. If my girlfriend had told me about Mene a little sooner I would have got to.

Meneversary? o.o Sweeeeet. I don't remember when I joined. In september last year, maybe? I may have to run off and check now out of curiosity.

fly_man
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 AM

Trust me it's better now, it was way to empty before.

Anyways it's getting late I have to go. Have fun and Happy Easter!

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:15 AM

Hmm, I suppose that makes sense. Mene IS really great now.

Awh, okay! Goodnight, and you have a good easter too. Hopefully we'll see you around again. :)

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:19 AM

Celes Paradi was my first event. I liked the way of collecting the currency at the time, but I do prefer this way now. I JUST WISH THEY'D STOP MAKING ME BUY FREAKING ITEMS WITH MY MEAGER GOLD PILE

/emoemo

I wish I had joined a bit sooner, too. It was a bitch getting some of the items I wanted that I had missed. I've given up on wanting old Valentine's item and ... um ... the giant fan.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 AM

Some of the items really are insane. I wish I'd been around from the beginning just for the impossible to get items. The first VDay, those are amazing. And the Oriental fan is something too. I really want it now that it matches the new little dragon.

I'm not a fan of the "no event store currency" either. It's slightly depressing, but hey! I'm making a lot of gold just talking. Is it just me or has it gone up? I just went up 100 since I started this thread. That's a lot for me. No point in getting blue about the event store. At least the stuff is pretty. I'm rather fond of those dresses and bonnets.

I think I look rather festive now though. I love my bunny hat. *strokes ears* It was my first CI. :]

.... I got attacked by the grass again. I think I need something to cut it. o.o We need a serious maintenance worker in here or something.

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 AM

I just noticed that my gold count jumped up a hundred too! We're matching! lol

I don't actually care for many of the items this time around, which is just fine for me. Do not want to spend lol

Myyyy first contribution item wasss... uhhh... oh. The phoenix. I wish I had gotten the earth spirit horns though :c I collected a ... few of the old CIs, astral halo, both head wings... and more or less every month since I've been active. Didn't get the (new) slippers, headphones, ankle wings... didn't get the panda or dragon... I got the um... the armor from (last month?) at the last minute and was really glad that I did.

/edit

I forgot to ask...

Attacked by the grass?

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:35 AM

Yes! Attatcked! I swear there is this grass line, it's at the bottom of the page. But half the time it isn't at the bottom. It jumps up to attack me. o.o

I've never had my gold go up so much just by talking. It's nice though, definetly gives me motive to be very active during the event.

I don't like as many items this event as I did last, but there are a few cute ones. I really like the panda/frog/lady bug/bee stuff though. That really is adorable.

I got the phoenix! But it was from the raffle thing last event. And my hat was actually payment for art. The first I bought was the slippers and headgear. And I bought quite a few of them. I missed the armor though, which was a shame. I cou;dn't miss the panda and dragon though. Those were just so.. wonderful. I love them. The whole cookie dragon thing is seriously too cute. I didn't get to buy any extras to sell, but I'm glad I got a set.

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 AM

I always think about getting extras, but I never do. I just don't work enough hours yet to justify it. I feel guilty enough when every month rolls around and I start spending five dollars per site... It adds up, you know?

The astral halo was the first thing I got that was expensive. And my carni pin. I was SO EXCITED when I got it, I didn't wear anything else for a freaking week. Just the pin. It's really a lovely set of pixels.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:46 AM

Yes, I understand what you mean. If it was 5 dollars for a whole ton of sites, I'd feel guilty too. But I've only ever bought anything on mene, and once on wajas last month and I felt guilty about that. It's not even my money and it makes me feel like I'm wasting something.

The carnival pin is gorgeous. It's one of my favourite items, haven't got my hands on one yet though. I'm sure I'd wear it all the time too. lol But I don't know what on earth I'd wear with it.

*wants to draw squid, squiddy art now* I wouldn't know what I'm doing though. It'd probably end up being more of an insult than anything. I may try though! It sounds fun at least.

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 AM

Do it! I<3art. No matter how good or bad.

I'm on... about five sites actively now. I don't spend money on Gaia often, but sometimes I do bend to the will of the cash shop. Then there's Menewsha. Midorea. I spent some on Jadarea.

I gave twenty dollars to a friend when were going to start our own site, but that fell down the drain and it kind of kills me inside lol

I also spent at least twenty each on two different sites I'm not even very active on anymore, which also kills me inside.

I won't even BEGIN to mention the OBSCENE amount of money I throw at Subeta. I love it so much there xD

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 04-12-2009, 05:54 AM

Thanks gangsta. I love to be colorful. XD
I'm good, enjoying spring break... Only 2 more days left. D:

I never spent a penny on gaia, squid... and I had those angelic anklets and all the old slippers... I sold em all for art way back when though.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 AM

I know exactly how you feel about wasting money on something you no longer use. I go through phases with sites, so I'm not around permanently and it feels like a waste. I spent A LOT of money on wajas and it made me feel so guilty. It just ate at me. I literally felt sick. Was weird.

This is the one place I wish I could keep myself around permanently, but I still stray. I don't know how people can be active in multiple sites. It's something that is impossible for me. It has to be one or the other, never both. I'll spend all day clicking around on a site and doing nothing really productive on it, but I can't leave it to do something productive on another.

Oh, hey again Thoth. :] Spring break was last week here. Pretty much everyday is a break for me though, lol. I just wish it felt fun. Spring break was great for me though, I got to see my bestfriend (who no longer lives here in the city) three times that week. We didn't do anything exciting, it was just.. nice.

You look great colorful. It suits you, and you always stand out. ^^;

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 04-12-2009, 06:03 AM

I'm the same way, gangsta... Gave up gaia for roliana when the spamming started to get on my nerves and than gave up roliana for menewsha after someone hacked my account and stole all my old items. ><

Thats good...its always fun to see old friends. I miss lots of my friends that moved away for college... Thanks. I looke like a bunny hooker. lol. And you look like a pretty princess! ^^

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 AM

A very sexy bunny hooker, though. lol You always look so.. exotic, may be the word I'm looking for. It's fun though. I look like a princess? Oh yay. A bunny princess. *nods* Or perhaps, a princess with a bunny eating my head. Occassionally, the hat disturbs me. But it's cute and so eastery.

It was really nice, I miss her. She's loads of fun, she's changed a lot though. I guess that's normal when you don't see someone or talk to them very often. We've been friends for 11 years now though. It feels so weird. It's no fun when friends move away.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 04-12-2009, 06:21 AM

Exotic is a good word. Yay, a pretty bunny princess! *showers you with rose petals* hehe. Yea I was never too fond of the bunny hat but I still bought one cuz the buck teeth on it makes it look really cute.

Awesome... nothing like a loooong friendship. How so, changed?
I guess I understand though... I remember when I moved to oregon for 3 yrs and returned to cali and one of my friends had done a complete 360-personality switch. She went from being a huge liberal, tree-hugging hippy girl to a conservative, republican that thinks I'm wayy too outlandish for my own good. *shrugs* I still have a couple friends in the neighborhood but neither of them graduated high school so they kinda have no choice in the matter... and they're not that fun to be around. All my fun friends are in universities... *sigh* And I go to a cheapo community college. Ah, thats life.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 AM

Exotic is definetly a good word, and I think it fits. More people should be exotic! Although I think that would defeat the purpous. *Twirls and smooths skirt out* Hehe. The buck teeth are really cute. It's an item that's hard to really.. wear with anything though, you know? There's more options since valentines, but still.

'Tis life. And unfortunately, life isn't always fair. But you must think on the bright side. :] Just different, I guess. I mean, she was never the good-girl type, but she's.. unbelievable now. She openly smokes in my house, infront of my mother (she's just turned sixteen) like this is perfectly normal, swears like a sailor, talks about how drunk and high she got.. just EVERYTHING. No shame, all infront of my mom. Now, my mom doesn't care, she knows what she's like, it's just a bit crazy. And we're pretty much opposites at this point. I love her, she's my bestfriend, but I AM the good-girl type. I can swear a lot but drinking and drugs and all of that isn't my thing. It makes me a little uncomfortable talking to her sometimes I guess.

Edit: I hate to leave in such a hurry, but I am exhausted and my hamster refuses to stop spinning in her food-filled wheel. I get headaches easily and it may spoil my very good mood. ^^; I had fun talking to everyone though! Feel free to keep this thread positive and active ;) Will make me very happy.

And tomorrow I shall attempt squiddy art.

I leave you with the cute bunny video. Unless you hate cute bunnies, this should be a total pick-me-up. o.o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6aAN2Pskg

Anyways, I hope to see everyone around later! Thoth, Squid. :] And have a great easter! I shall be back once I've had my beauty sleep. This princess is more like the dragon without her beauty sleep.

Last edited by GangsterGlam; 04-12-2009 at 06:41 AM..