Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM

Yep ^^ Just as long as it follows the general topic ^^

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM

I can't wait til the entries start flowing in!

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM

I'm dragging a friend in P=

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-23-2008, 08:41 PM

Well I love to write, but these are some tough topics. XD *used to writing about selfish people* I might give it a shot though. ^^

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 11-23-2008, 10:39 PM

Well ferra, itt does not take much to turn one of those stories into a giving one. xD just think of the scrouge. xD and the Grinch xD >.> Yesh. christmas story references. xD

Heidi
SO INTENSE

Old 11-23-2008, 11:17 PM

Do I just post the story here?
Oh sorry! I forgot no mules!

Lumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-23-2008, 11:54 PM

Yup just post here. ^^

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 11-24-2008, 03:41 AM

And we will add the story to the front page ^^

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 AM

Sadly most of the things I can think of off the top of my head (at least using my own pre-made characters) involve someone performing a kind act and being punished for it. XD; *cruel* That's what happens when your nice characters have lousy friends, ha ha.

But I might take a crack at it. ^^ It's fun to use topics you normally wouldn't, it's a nice challenge.

inkhart_9
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to inkhart_9

Old 11-24-2008, 01:30 PM

*pops in* A writing contest?!! *faints, revives after 10 minutes* I can't believe it!! This should be for EVERY event not just this one!! I would like to have a story contest but I could use some advice on how to do one, not only that but I will definitely take a good swing at this. I'm gonna get really creative but I would definitely like some advice as to when the events are and also if it's possible ot do something like this for each event. I'm just gonna need time, and patience. Thanks for the help to anyone that offers me any!!

Now, where to begin. *gets out piece of paper*

ArrogantSoul
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-24-2008, 02:29 PM

Heres my post I hope it didnt get too far off track I couldnt think off something really good (im sorry if one bit is too profane =( just tell me and Ill edit it

They sat together in the propped calmly against a stone wall.
“Do you remember how I lost these fingers?” sid Aura.
Silas sat in the silence, playing with the shadows which filtered from under the solid oak door.
He laughed for a moment and said “Yes I remember it quite well, bastard of a noble had you flogged and fingers sawed off for thieving... Blood thirsty bastard. I’m glad that the nobles caught him after they found that the treasury was a tad bit smaller than it should have been. Idiot had his hands in the wrong place” .
He quieted down a bit and waited for her to respond.
“ I wanted to die, “There was nothing worth living for in the red cloud that was the world”.” Aura said in a quiet , and sombre tone.
“Yeah. I remember finding you face down in the streets all dirtied up and in a fever, your wounds festered” . Silas said.
She could see his head tilted back in the darkness as he relived past moments, a thoughtful smile of reminiscence on his face. She relaxed and leaned against him, aking comfort in his warmth. She reached over and held his worn fingers gloved in the supple leather.
“Sil?”
“Yeah?”
“Thanks”
Even in the darkness ,she could see the smile that spread across his face ,taking away the weathered lines of age. She felt like she knew the twinkle that hung in the back of his eyes. A youth that would never die. Their souls were one and she knew his heart and soul ;they were hers.
The silence was split by his voice once more. It rung not with rich tones. The voice of someone you could rely on.
“Aura, we’ll make it. Don’t worry”
She stayed silent thinking about it, absent-mindedly caressing the two stumps where living flesh had been.
“Aren’t you at least glad that you only lost your last two fingers?” He said.
At this she laughed, a rich melodic tone “Yeah. I suppose I still can shoot as good as ever.”
His laughter joined hers and the darkness was no more as merry tones split the shadows. Silence came again as a loud screech accompanied the oak door which slid open and heralded the hollow sound of boots. Light spilled through the doorway and pooled in Silas’s lap as he stirred. A man stepped into view his eyes darted between them and he sized them up before beckoning them to follow. They quickly stood up and followed him . Outside the world glowed as the heavens shone with a golden exuberance. The crowd roared when they walked out. Aura dusted dirt from her shoulder and beamed, waving to the crowd above. The crowd seemed to enjoy this they loved a good show and performers who were only too happy to be there. The arena was fairly sized giving enough room for maybe 5 combatants to manoeuvre. Silas and Aura took their time moving to its centre.
The sun glistened off their shoulders as they moved with practiced ease. They were both clad in tanned leathers broken occasionally by the glint of mail. Silas bored a long tower shield upon his back and had a short stabbing spear at one side. The shield was multilayered and painted white red and yellow. Aura had a long re-curve bow of solid wood. The horns were adorned with carved ebony and she held it comfortably at her shoulder with a quiver of arrows at her shoulder. Silas had a worn brown cloak that he hung from his shoulder and it hung down near his arm to partially cover his shield. Aura had a hood on which covered her raven black hair which escaped in dark black tresses. Silas bore his light brown hair like a crown. Anyway you looked at them they were warriors.
They reached the centre of the arena and stood awaiting their fate. They seemed to carry a sense of determination. They weren’t here for the money that waited for them if they won. No, they had sense the burden of a tortured soul and had come to free it. Even as they stood there they could feel the pain resonating across from the chamber at the other end of the arena. The iron grate began to creak as the bars rose upwards. Feral eyes glowed in the shadows and the pain grew as the beast began to emerge. Jaws were raised in defiance to the heavens and a otherworldly cry tore the world asunder. Aura and Silas grimaced this was worse than they thought. The beast from within the shadows slowly emerged.
It was feline creature bigger than anything they had seen. It must have been 4 spear lengths from tail to nose. It was heavily scarred and there was something about it completely wrong. About the eyes and wounds there hung a darkness that appeared to be a condensed shadow where its pained essence had escaped. The wraith glared at them with hate. Wraiths are dead beings who kept their souls attached to the mortal world by some strong compulsion or emotion. These emotions are never positive as a being with positive emotion would be able to pass peacefully into death. As the bodies of the wraiths waste about them they are devoured by their emotion until their souls are torn. They become mere image of what they originally were. To regain physical body that consume other entities and clothe themselves in their flesh. But they never gain full control and within the dull shells of their consumed vessels they are trapped.
Whatever had happened to this being it had been completely consumed and it was mad with rage. It dashed towards Aura, and Silas making them dive away. Silas rolled into a crouch and un-slung his shield which held braced upon his shoulder. He advanced carefully with his spear held at the ready. The cat wheeled and charged. He barely had time to brace before he was bowled over. The cats massive weight was keeping him pinned down. Its claw came down to finish him when an arrow suddenly grew from it. Letting out a roar it wheeled and charged at Aura who was knocking a second to her bow. Silas recovered quickly and threw himself in front of the cat manageing to shoulder it slightly to the side and scoring with his spear. Aura let flew again taking the cat in the lower jaw. No blood seeped from these wounds yet the dark shadow leaked out around it. Again the cat charged but being more cautious Silas braced in a crouch with Aura letting fly behind him. As the cat lept behind Silas threw himself forward stabbing into its belly. The cat let off another of its alien screams as black mist erupted from the wound dissipating in the air. A flash of white light from its eyes enveloped Aura and Silas.
They hung in the abyss suspended in time. This was not reality yet it was happening and they could sense this. Before them stood the faint figure of a girl surrounded by a nimbus of condensed shadow. She was held down by earthly chains and her eyes were almost hollow. She spoke in a musical resonant tone that rung through their minds. She explained how her people were doomed. They were being taken by a disease that caused them infertility. Her and her lover were the last two to be unaffected and in desperation her people banished them. They had left their home but were attacked by bandits and her love was killed trying to defend her. She too had been wounded and left to waste by herself. Her voice became desperate and shrieks came as pain tore through her. She wavered and a banshee scream erupted from her. As she rippled Silas understood. This was her burden. There was only one way to free her. Aura didn’t need to know what he was thinking. Together they took the figures hands and swore to take her burden. The figure seemed to ripple and fade he chains deteriorating yet she seemed peaceful the wraith aura gone from her. Yet Aura was struck to her knees by a sickening sensation. The world burned and all turned black. As she awakened they stood in the exact same place. Silas still with his spear through the cat. No time had passed. As the cat slumped down dead. The crowd roared with approval. They were victors. Yet for them they had only tread upon the tide of a coming battle.
They had released the wraith but in doing so they had taken her burden. If they did not help her people they too would be consumed. Had they doomed themselves by their generosity?

Last edited by ArrogantSoul; 11-30-2008 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: New entry

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-24-2008, 03:47 PM

Thanks for the entry ArrogantSoul. We'll put it on our list.

Sorry for not being online much yesterday. I have an early Thanksgiving/going away party to go to yesterday.

xlightwingx
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 PM

Holy Crap that's long, Arro XD
(ahem. what'd I tell you once upon a time about paragraphing >_>?)

Anyways, here's mine: [link]

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Wow! Two entries >.< I am excited ::hops::

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 AM

Wonderful I'll add xlightwingx to our list as well.

The Giving Tree
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-25-2008, 01:52 AM

Enzeru, Winter, the prizelist was sent to you, you should put them up, you'll get more entries. <3

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 AM

The prize list is not set up to be put on one of my posts... but here it is.

Story contest:

1. Astral halo and sleepy melodies harp
2. spirit set
3. glaciar headset and winter’s flight

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 11-25-2008, 01:55 AM

*pops in*
hey there!

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-25-2008, 01:56 AM

Good day to you. How goes it?

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 11-25-2008, 01:58 AM

it's alright thanks, just chilling at home for the moment
you?

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 AM

Same here. I'm probably going to need to go in a little while. Just so you know why I disappear XD

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 AM

sure thing, I just got to a really exciting part in the book I'm reading last night so some reading might me nice in a bit

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 AM

I've been reading a Star Trek book but for the life of me I can't remember the full title.

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 11-25-2008, 02:06 AM

haha
those books based on tv shows, like Dr Who books always amuse me somewhat, never read one but the concept is funny

Enzeru
Her Ladyship

Old 11-25-2008, 02:07 AM

It's one of the older books. It's like Captain Kirk's time and it's like, original stuff.