`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 01-26-2012, 07:27 AM

A/N:: First, this is the only Harry Potter fic I’ve ever written. It is Lily/Snape and it is angst. I’m not sure how well that will work with most people, but it struck me as a good idea at the time. I’ve not posted it yet because I’ve been terrified of criticism. Please be nice if you say anything about it. :sweat: I will be putting the first part in quote tags as it is from one of the books. All after that is from my silly head. The characters belong only to J.K. Rowling's brilliant mind.
Quote:
"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily shouted. She had her own wand out now. James and Sirius eyed it warily.
"Ah, Evans, don't make me hex you," said James earnestly.
"Take the curse off him, then!"
James sighed deeply, then turned to Snape and muttered the countercurse.
"There you go," he said, as Snape struggled to his feet again, "you're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus-"
"I don't need help from filthy little mudbloods like her!"
Words can break even the strongest bonds.
-
The sun was setting; the sky had become a dark shade of red. Adult men and women littered the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. These people had first arrived here as children years before. They would soon be leaving it for the final time.

One of these people, a woman with red hair and a frown on her face, was leaning against a tree, holding a cat in her arms. She was watching her boyfriend, James Potter, who was having a conversation with Sirius Black and Remus Lupin down by the lake. She was about to join them when she heard her name called.
"Lily?"
She turned, dropping the cat to the ground. Upon seeing who called her, her face became stony. "What do you want?" she said coldly.
"Lily...please...don't-"
"We've been over this! I don't care what you say, what you think, I'm going with James!"
"Lily, you...don't understand-"
"I don't understand? Me? It’s you that doesn't understand! You don't understand a damn thing, Snivellus!"
The color drained from his face and he looked as if she'd slapped him.
If she noticed it though, she seemed not to care. She continued. "You think you're so smart, with your talks of Purebloods and Mudbloods and your darling little Slytherin friends."
He took a step closer to her and she took two steps back. "Lily, listen to me! They mean nothing to me! Nothing! You-"
"Me?" She said, rolling her eyes. "Me, the 'filthy little Mudblood'? I mean more to you than your precious Pureblood pals? Don't make me laugh."
Her words stung him. He had tears in his eyes. "Please, Lily, you know I didn't...I told you! I've told you a thousand times! I don't think of you like that! It slipped, it slipped! Why won't you forgive me?"
"Because!" she said acidly, "You don't deserve my forgiveness! That's how you think of all of us! We're scum to you! And do you think that's the only reason? I know what you're planning to do, Severus. As soon as you get off the bloody train you'll do it. If I see you again, it'll be there!"
"W-what will be there?"
"You know full well what I'm talking about!" she hissed. "The mark! His mark. Your idol, the pureblood champion. Voldemort!"
Severus jumped backwards, nearly tripping on Lily's cat. "Do not speak His name!"
"Why shouldn't I? I'm not afraid of him! I'm not!" she said again as he spluttered.
"Please!" Severus wailed, "Please, Lily, don't you understand? If you go against the Dark Lord, you could be...you could be killed!"
"What would it matter?" she said quietly. "What would it matter if I died as long as I gave my life for a good cause?"
Severus let out a moan of frustration. "What would it matter? What would it matter? Why can't you see? Why?"
"There is nothing for me to see, Severus." She turned and snatched her cat out of the grass and began to walk towards James.
"I love you!" He had blurted the words without thinking. He clapped his hands over his mouth.
Lily stopped dead. She turned slowly, her face was scarlet. "You...you what?"
"I l-love you." he said again. "I have since we were children. Please come with me. I don't want anything to happen to you. I couldn't bear it! Please don't leave me, Lily."
She stared at him for a long while and in the distance, the whistle of the Hogwarts Express let out a long note. It was time to go.
Her eyes were filled with sorrow as she began to speak. "I loved you too."
Severus took a sharp breath.

"But," she continued, "I don't anymore. My feelings for you have gone. You are not in my heart now and you won't be ever again. You made your decisions years ago and I have made mine. They are...." she choked back a sob, "they are as different as night and day. As much as I hate it, and wish things could have been different -and I do Sev, really- they aren't. If you had only chosen a different path, a better path, things may have been different. We could've had a chance.
"But, that isn't the case. And now the time has come for us to go our separate ways. It’s time now. Goodbye."
Lily hesitated. It was so horribly cruel for it to end this way. After years of friendship...this was it. The world had torn them apart. Two different sides had come between them. And this was how it had to be. She swallowed back another sob and started walking towards the lake again.
Severus ran to her and grabbed the sleeve of her robes. "No, Lily! No, don't go!" He said as a tears fell from the corners of his eyes.
"Let go of me!" said Lily, as she also began to cry. "It’s too late! Its over! Now let me go!"
He released her and she ran away from him, nearly tripping on her robes and clutching the cat to her chest.
He watched her as she ran to James. He saw the concern on Potter's face as he wiped her tears away. Potter looked up the hill at him and pulled his wand from his robes and Black did the same.
Let them come, Severus thought sadly. I don't care. Let them come, let them curse me. I deserve it.
But they didn't. Lily had grabbed them and Severus knew, even then she was protecting him. She looked at him with pain etched into her face before she turned to walk towards the gates. The three men followed her.
Severus watched her ruby head until it was out of sight.
Sobbing, he began walking towards the gates as well. Her words rang in his ears. "If you had only chosen a different path, a better path, things may have been different. We could've had a chance."
With tears streaking his face, he looked to the sky. The dying sun was now the same color as her hair. And there wasn't a spell in existence that could mend his broken heart.

Kita's On Hiatus

Last edited by `Kitami; 01-26-2012 at 07:29 AM..

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 12:40 AM

oh my! this is awesome! I wish there was more so I could read back from when they were kids and such! I haven't read the Harry Potter books so for me I can just imagine it was any other sort of story using places I knew of. you did a VERY good job!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-28-2012, 01:36 AM

Oh my goshes!!! -cries- I always loved their pairing, and wondered why he was such a doofus head when he was in love with her, and chose to be a sour old man. This is a fantastic fan fiction of why it could have happened. I can almost see it has having been in the books. Or part of the memory thing in the final. Good job! <3

`Kitami

Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 AM

:oops: Thanks you two. I'm blushing IRL here.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 AM

Well I don't lie :P So you should be yay!!!! ^-^

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 AM

Kita~ I love it! You depicted the raw emotions, pain, power of choices and their effects. A glimpse at pursuing someone/something too late. No need to worry. :3 Do you have any other work?

`Kitami

Old 01-28-2012, 05:09 AM

Yeah, I do. but I don't know if I am ready to show it to people yet. >.>;;

And all my original work was lost when my family's old computer died. So now all I have is fanfiction. :sweat:

Thank you though. Good feedback 3/3 was better than I expected. XD;

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 AM

well... i could put my fanfiction up.... but its not allowed :D

`Kitami

Old 01-30-2012, 04:36 AM

:lol: Not pg-13?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-30-2012, 05:22 AM

no... not really ^^;;

`Kitami

Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 AM

I've never wrote one (and posted it somewhere) that was "adult", I'd write a lot more probably if I felt comfortable posting things like that. But I don't because I feel like people will judge me. >.>;

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 AM

yeah... you kind of need to not care there opinions on subject matter, but only take the helpful criticism about how well written and such it is.