hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-31-2017, 10:41 PM

my street is one like yours
not important or ddonnected with important
mocking ballpark field is behind me, too!

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 11-01-2017, 03:27 AM

A pitch black street!? That's prime real estate for trick or treating.

-creeps up to Cookie's door and rings the doorbell-

...huh, odd, why's it not working!? D:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 11-01-2017, 03:39 AM

Pitch black except for the one house with a generator big enough to have their whole house lit up. Ugh!

I didn't stay to see if anyone braved the blackness, my Halloween spirit is as cold and dead as our house. I went to my other grandmother's apartment to shower.

Facade

Old 11-01-2017, 03:41 AM

Halloween is kinda overrated. D: I like dressing up and going out, which I did Saturday (I was a flamingo! ), but then I was done. I do love horror movies though.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-01-2017, 03:43 AM

PICTURES OR IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Facade

Old 11-01-2017, 03:44 AM

IT NEVER HAPPENED!

-leaves a flaming bag of poo on Hummy's doorstep-

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-01-2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
IT NEVER HAPPENED!

-leaves a flaming bag of poo on Hummy's doorstep-

I knew this was coming
*sends ring snaps to popo*

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 11-01-2017, 03:47 AM

I went to the Detroit Red Wings game tonight.

Facade

Old 11-01-2017, 03:49 AM

Ring snaps? Wha? D:

Is that a type of cereal?

Ooh, fun Kirin! I wanna go to Detroit soon - just came back from a vacation in Minnesota. The Twin Cities are awesome! Have wanted to visit Detroit and Ann Arbor forevah. D:

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 11-01-2017, 03:51 AM

Detroit can be rough but they are trying to make a come back. If you come to Detroit you should swing south and visit me in Dundee. I could take time off and take you into Ann Arbor. I lived there for thirteen years. I could take you to all my favorite places.

Facade

Old 11-01-2017, 03:57 AM

Oh that's awesome!! What're your favorite places in Ann Arbor?? I hear it's a fairly small city, yah?

A good friend of mine is from the burbs of Detroit but I can't recall which one.

We both live in Baltimore, so I'm familiar with rough cities trying to make comebacks.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 11-01-2017, 03:59 AM

I'd take you downtown and on campus.

---------- Post added 10-31-2017 at 11:59 PM ----------

https://www.google.com/maps/place/An...!4d-83.7430378

---------- Post added 11-01-2017 at 12:00 AM ----------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Arbor,_Michigan

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-01-2017, 04:05 PM

Why do i know Ann Arbor... was there something really big that happened with it recently?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 11-01-2017, 11:16 PM

It seems to be the only other place in Michigan that you hear about other than Detroit.

We finally have power, but I'm so dead, I don't know if I can enjoy it. I just want to curl up in bed and die. x_x

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-01-2017, 11:21 PM

my daily cookie fix *snuggles with to warm her cooki3e*

Facade

Old 11-02-2017, 03:21 AM

DON'T DIE COOKIE. D:

-gives you life-

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 03:42 AM

*give cookie hot chocolate*

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 11-02-2017, 04:09 AM

Nope, I died. After I posted this, I crawled into bed and I just crawled out. I had a very very long stressful day. It was 35 degrees in the house when I woke up from lack of heat! When I got to work, I called the power company and tried to explain the situation and how we were supposed to be on a priority list for power. The lady told me to take my grandmother to a care facility and that there was nothing they could do, I'd have power back by Thursday. I told her there was no way that stubborn old woman who won't even change bedrooms in her own house will leave it and she was like "Is that everything you need today?" And when I said I guess that was is, she hung up on me. So then I was livid about the situation and then their customer service, plus work was stressful and my mom kept texting me for updates.

So I was grumpy and stressed all day and once I got home and ate, I crashed hard.

I'm annoyed because clearly they play mind games. They give you a very long estimate, just to give themselves a long time to fix it. Then when they magically fix it before they've been telling you, you'll supposedly be happy that it came on in three days instead of four. I'm not buying it. I'm still totally mad about this. Even our Governor is like "Hey, you guys are slow, Massachusetts had more power issues than us after the storm, but the company was able to restore their issues faster than us, the tiniest state in the US!"

But yay, power, I can catch up on anime and my tumblr feed. :P

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 05:09 AM

how rude. if you know her name I would report her.
your cell lphone could have run out of battery power!
she could have been in dire need of help! ARSEHATSS!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 11-02-2017, 06:27 AM

I don't remember her name. My friend tried to defend it saying "Just think how many people she talked to today!" Yeah, I can imagine since we still have tens of thousands of people without power! But at the very least, she could have been like "Have a nice day" in her most mean and sarcastic tone and it would have been better than hanging up. Hanging up is pure rude dismissal, whereas some sort of closing shows you're doing your job to the bare minimum.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 06:58 AM

I had a co-worker that used to do that. Our calls were timed and his time was always so great. And one day I heard him say to a lady I think you need a nap bitch and he hung up. My time would have been great to if I talk to people like that. There's absolutely no defense for that. She's in customer service and the customer is always right. She should have passed you to her supervisor to see if you could have been helped.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 11-02-2017, 07:08 AM

Wow. He sounds like a real gem.

I don't think the customer is always right. I'm pretty cynical and feel like most of the time the customer is an idiot. However, I had a valid concern. I wasn't just hysterical that I wouldn't be able to watch my soap operas or whatever. Leaving two octogenarians in a cold dark house when one of them is relying on oxygen is a concern. But without actual magic, there's not much the call center can do. They should probably lie and be like "Ok, we'll try to move you up the priority list." The list we're supposedly already on, but whatever. I'm very cynical to the entire operation at this point. We just need more magic!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 AM

Yeah he was a real jerk. But his numbers were great.
I'm glad y'all got power and everybody's doing alright still now

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Nope, I died. After I posted this, I crawled into bed and I just crawled out. I had a very very long stressful day. It was 35 degrees in the house when I woke up from lack of heat! When I got to work, I called the power company and tried to explain the situation and how we were supposed to be on a priority list for power. The lady told me to take my grandmother to a care facility and that there was nothing they could do, I'd have power back by Thursday. I told her there was no way that stubborn old woman who won't even change bedrooms in her own house will leave it and she was like "Is that everything you need today?" And when I said I guess that was is, she hung up on me. So then I was livid about the situation and then their customer service, plus work was stressful and my mom kept texting me for updates.

So I was grumpy and stressed all day and once I got home and ate, I crashed hard.

I'm annoyed because clearly they play mind games. They give you a very long estimate, just to give themselves a long time to fix it. Then when they magically fix it before they've been telling you, you'll supposedly be happy that it came on in three days instead of four. I'm not buying it. I'm still totally mad about this. Even our Governor is like "Hey, you guys are slow, Massachusetts had more power issues than us after the storm, but the company was able to restore their issues faster than us, the tiniest state in the US!"

But yay, power, I can catch up on anime and my tumblr feed. :P
that is just completely unacceptable behavior on their part. i seriously hate the attitude of customer service call centers for the majority of the time. Your job is important people just cause you hate taking calls about problems does not mean you aren't helping people. UNLESS YOU DON"T TRY TO!! rawr. I'm glad the power is back on though for you.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 11-02-2017, 09:34 PM

@hummy - Great numbers but terrible customer service doesn't seem like a good trade off. You'd think somebody would notice he was a jerk and get rid of him.

@Shadami - Yeah. Maybe there is nothing you can do, but I feel like it's part of your job to make it seem like you're doing something? I had an issue with my car and they charged me a ridiculous amount of money. The company calls to do a checkup on the service and I was super unhappy about the astronomical price for this tiny bit of work. The lady was sooooo sympathetic. It felt like talking to a police officer talking you down off the ledge. Like, she was good. I was still mad and ultimately she did shit for me, but she did her hardest to make it seem like she was doing shit for me. So it can be done.

Also, never taking my car back there again.